Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Luna and Max
    Wow. Luna’s feature is so sweet and my heart breaks at how it started with her looking so tensed (I know it’s for the ‘not technically inclined’ caption but I bet it accurately depicts her default state most of the time juggling all her roles.) She’s got such a big dream I hope she achieves it one day! There’s so much more to her that I don’t know about.

And Max, Love in a time of Sandwiches? :joy: For all his playing it cool, he’s actually doing some research! :smirk: (Or possibly a closeted romantic? Who knows!? I’m NOT going to check your character profiles. Learnt my lesson lol.)
    Also I really enjoyed the house tour. It feels like a goodbye and a final show of appreciation. Although.. gahh the rubbish!!

Also I didn’t realise he had no stove or fridge the entire time! Living off the grid? Dang.. I think he just went up op a few rungs on my ladder, not that he wasn’t already at the top before..

Before I forget,
    Thank you for the suggestion! I wonder if you had specific characters in mind? Because I think my characters see each other pretty often. I'm keeping Max from his family on purpose because that makes the most sense for his feelings right now. It won't always be like that. There is a Hugo/Luna encounter coming up soon, as well as a Hugo/Jacqueline scene. One of them is more conflict-filled than the other though. Most of my characters know each other already so instant frenemies/enemies I'm not so sure about who you mean. If you could explain more, please?

Oooh Yes! I’m excited for the anticipation of Hugo/Luna and was certainly not expecting a Hugo/Jac. I think I was anticipating a verbal showdown for Hugo/Sofia or Hugo/Luna but the latter hadn’t happened yet while the former, I felt dissatisfied for Hugo. He deserved better and should express himself or his thoughts. And then we have Max who clearly has a lot of beef with Lucy but there’s no crossing paths after (your keeping him away from his family makes sense.) I guess I was expecting the main cast to come together sooner. I’m just impatient xD

And thank you so much for your in-depth answers. I've a new found appreciation for your characters and am so excited to know whats coming next. (And gained insights that I'd probably be one of those fooled by Max's cunning if we ever cross paths :lol: )
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I'm sorry. I'm a bit behind this week. I've been swamped at work and I'm fighting a headache today. I'll try and answer ASAP.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm sorry. I'm a bit behind this week. I've been swamped at work and I'm fighting a headache today. I'll try and answer ASAP.

Get better soon!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    All right! @Duvelina let's get into it :blush: I have A LOT of thoughts and I let them stew in my head for a few days, so I apologize in advance for the huge wall of text.
    General
    What’s your favourite and least favourite aspect of my story (storytelling, writing, pictures, characters, …)? Why? How can I improve?
    There are several things I really like about your story. I think the characters are well-written and exciting. Realistic, as well. They create a good base to build your story off of, and I think they carry the plot well. The writing is also pretty tight, descriptive, and effective at conveying the emotions and storyline. I really appreciate and admire your storytelling. I think you do a good job with the various different plots that converge at certain points; it can be a little difficult to follow stories like this where there are several main characters with mostly independent plots, but I think you've been very successful at telling the story like this. I really like how each of the main characters gets focus chapters, and this creates the opportunity to create cliffhangers, which I think you place into the story effectively. It's also not easy to have so many intense storylines converge in one story (because we have Hugo, Sofia, Luna, Max, and Jacqueline who I consider to have mostly independent storylines and 5 is quite a bit), but you do a WONDERFUL job at writing them and not letting the story feel like it's overly full. It's quite excellent, the way you weave their storylines together, really. Finally, I LOVE your pictures. I know there have been comments about the brightness and vibrancy of them and I can totally understand that, but honestly I don't mind at all and in fact, and I think I mentioned this on your blog, but I adore how bright and distinct the colors are in your pictures. They really pop and make the pictures stand out quite a bit, and they bring out the vibrancy of the characters, as well. Also, I think that because your photos are so intense and beautiful, we can appreciate the beauty of your Sims and how expertly they're styled. So really, I think I like every aspect of your story... I couldn't honestly answer which one is my least favorite because I feel like, for me, they all come together beautifully and I don't particularly think any of them is weaker than the others. I will say, though, that your storytelling is probably my favorite aspect. You're so good at it!

Have I improved anything throughout the story already?
    It's not that I've noticed a marked improvement with your story because honestly I thought it was very good from the beginning. But I do think that it is noticeable that you've gotten more and more comfortable with every aspect of your story, especially the storytelling, and this has made the story even more enjoyable for me. It's awesome how you've gotten to a point in the story where you've made every character have a nuanced personality, so much so that you've made even the unlikable ones be compelling to follow (and I'm talking about the main characters; we still haven't seen quite enough of the secondary ones like Neal, Juliana, etc. to be sure of their role in the story).

Do you like the story? Why (not)? Feel free to give both reasons you like and dislike the story, if applicable.
    I feel like every time I respond to questions like this during the discussions of our stories I come off as flowery, saying things like "I love your story!", but I truly do love each story in this reading circle. About yours, specifically: I love your story, because I think it's tightly written, realistic, and you have a really effective way of conveying emotions. This last aspect is especially good because your story is so charged with a variety of strong emotions, and I think if you weren't as good at writing characters and feelings, this would fall very flat. But you're very good at what you do, and the story and the characters are exciting to read. There are moments of excitement, anticipation, sadness, depression, drama, insecurity, and many more, and I think the story conveys them very well. I love your writing, and I love your story. I can't think about anything I dislike in your story; of course, there are some storylines that I'm not a huge fan of, but that's mainly because I don't agree or am frustrated with what the characters are doing, and not you. Even then, I'm excited and happy to read, so it's a positive thing, as well.

What are your thoughts on the quality of the pictures? Are they up your alley? Or are they too bright?
    Oh, I spoke too soon! I suppose I already answered this above, but I love your pictures. If others think they are too bright, then sure, lower the brightness a bit. But honestly I love it and I always look forward to seeing them because you have a beautiful eye for backgrounds, fashion, angles, and general visual aesthetics. Please keep it up! Your pictures are like candy, and when I read your story I feel like I'm a lucky kid in a shop loaded with tons of mouthwatering candy.

In-depth (spoilery)
    Do you think Max has developed positively since the last time we talked about him? Why (not)? Do you think Veronica can make a difference?
    Oh, yes! For sure! I think in this section of chapters, my opinion of Max has certainly improved. He's still not my favorite character and I'm not sure that will ever happen, but I went from disliking him the last time we discussed your story, to being mostly positive about his character and excited about seeing him progress even more. I think you did a good job at showing his sensitive side with the GeekCon and the way that he handled the situation with Veronica buying the house with stolen money. I've also said this like a million times on your blog and on your forum thread, but I especially like the little moment where he didn't take the opportunity to gloat in Brodie's face when he was sobbing, it might not have been a huge moment in the story but it was very effective at making me think "Oh, you go Max!". And him keeping the GeekCon t-shirt on even after making a huge fuss about hating it was a cute gesture as well. He's still not an easily likable character but I think that now he has given us enough reasons to quietly root for him and I'm really excited to see his development, even though I know there will be moments where he will disappoint.

I think Veronica has already made a difference! I know Max isn't close to anyone, but I could see him getting closer to Veronica and, if there is a development of affection between the pair, I could see this being a good influence on him, EVEN THOUGH Veronica is also a criminal and not the best of people. But hey, if she can make a softer side of Max come out, then it's all good!

What did you think about the reveal where Hugo turned out to have a son? Do you think he’d make a good dad? Did Sofia handle the situation well? How do you think I handled that situation? Did it feel realistic? Tell me all your thoughts.
    I was really surprised, I really didn't see it coming! Firstly because I wouldn't expect Hugo to be of the age where he could have a teenaged son, but I suppose Hugo is indeed a little bit older than I thought. I think it's really dramatic, like a telenovela kind of twist and believe me that I LOVE for that kind of juicy drama. I screamed at my computer when I read that reveal! Now, as to whether I think Hugo would make a good dad or not... I think, yes, he could be a very good dad. He's shown maturity, especially after his breakup with Sofia, what with him turning his personal and professional life around and making his apartment neater and such. I also think he was particularly good after the breakup with Sofia, sensitive to her feelings as well as his own, and I think this shows that he would make a good dad. However, do I think he'd make a good dad right now? I'm not sure. He's only just establishing a new relationship after his last one that lasted a long time and ended pretty sadly, plus it's with a guy and Hugo is just learning all about this new side of him he never explored before, so I feel like he's not quite ready for a child, especially one that's already mostly grown and has feelings, baggage, and a developed personality. I think it's going to be difficult for Hugo to manage to juggle all these things happening in his life. SO, yes, I think he'd be a good dad, but he's going to struggle at first.

Sofia handled the situation pretty well! I was proud to see her just approach it head on, not overthinking things and doing the right thing, telling Hugo straight up and not holding on to this big secret which could also fester inside her if she had let it. I'm happy to see her making good choices! And yes, I think that you portrayed this aspect of the story realistically. It's very dramatic, of course, but you did it with nuance and sensitivity which steered the situation away from melodrama and more into a realistic territory. I think it was very well done, and the cliffhangers spicing the story up with this particular plot thread were exciting.

What are your thoughts on Allyson and her relationship with her mom?
    Yikes, well. It's only natural that a child that's approaching her pre-teen/teen years (how old is Allyson? I've forgotten) has such intense feelings about her mother being so present in her life. Especially if she has sensory overload problems, that's not easy to deal with and navigate at such a young age. So, I sympathize with her. I wish she was a little more sensitive to why Luna tries so hard with her, but again, she's a child and not in a position of maturity that favores insightful thinking like that, so I don't blame her in the slightest for lashing out to her mother. However, I was upset that she was rude to both Luna and Jacqueline in situations were other people witnessed her being rude. It hurt to see this, especially when she snapped at Jacqueline.

Luna is a very interesting character, and I love how close she is with her daughter. I do think that it is true that she puts too much on Allyson all the time, she's overbearing some of the time. I can understand this, because, really, Allyson is the most important person in the world for her and it's just natural to be so intense when you have a motherly instinct and you have 1) only one child and 2) no one else in your direct family nucleus to siphon away some of your attention. It's hard here because I see both of the sides of the issue, and I don't think either Luna or Allyson is wrong to feel the way they do, but I do think it's up to Luna to attempt to improve the situation because she's the adult here. Giving Allyson more space, helping her out by maybe taking her to see a therapist, finding more things to do outside of being a mother/teacher (and here I would say spend more time with Sofia but also maybe doing more things outside of work/intense relationships, like maybe a hobby?). I really hope they're able to get over this rough patch because I really like their relationship and it would be sad to see Allyson push her mother away even more.

Did you favourite and least favourite character change since last time? Who are they now and why?
    I don't think either of these have changed. If I recall correctly, last time I said Sofia is my favorite character, and this is still the case. Hugo is creeping up there because I just generally enjoy his personality and his overall plot, but Sofia has continued to be an inspiring character for me and I love seeing her development. I think she'll remain my favorite character for the whole story unless something drastic happens.

My least favorite character last time was Neal, and I still don't like him. Last time, I said I didn't like him because he beat up his sister and then was just there without really playing a role in the story. This time, he had just one scene again and it was an awful one for him because he was unkind and, frankly, an (insert rude word starting with an a and ending with hole) to Jacqueline, so yeah, he's still my least favorite character. I think once you develop the secondary characters a little bit more, we could see more of him and this could change but... I really don't see this being the case because you said Neal is a wannabe Max but with a worse personality. And that's just a big YIKES from me :grimace:

Did your opinion on any of the characters change (in a positive or negative way)?
    I'm going to say that my opinion of Luna is slightly (but only slightly) lower right now because she's basically ghosted her brother (for something crazy like over three months, right?) and that's really not cool. I still like her and I'm rooting for her because I know it's hard for her to juggle her relationship with her daughter and with Sofia, but Hugo doesn't deserve this.

On the other hand, my opinion of Max has risen a lot! I said this above, but I have to grudgingly admit that he's impressed me somewhat during this section of chapters. I expected that he wasn't going to be all bad all the time, but I'm pleased that his growth seems natural and believable.

The other characters have mostly maintained their standing in my eyes. I can say that I like some a lot more than last time, like Jacqueline and Nelson, but that's mostly because we got to see them a little bit more here and my initial liking of them just increased.

Did your favourite storyline stay the same or do you like another one more now?
    Last time, I said I really liked Hugo's storyline but that my favorite was Sofia's, and this is probably still the case. However, a third contender has entered the ring! While I still love these last two the most, I think I'm most intrigued by and looking forward to read Jacqueline's storyline. I think it's really well written and compelling, and truthfully I think it might be the best in your story. Not to say the other ones aren't good because they are, but I think you have done a fantastic job so far with Jacqueline's story even though it hasn't been the most expanded upon.

Do you think the character you gave advice to last time around will take it to heart and do something with it?
    Last time, I said:
    Sofia: I know it seems like the best thing in the world to transfer your focus onto an enticing romantic prospect, but trust me. You're heading for a lot of heartbreak if you don't truly take the time to heal and become the best version of yourself. You're already a special person, you don't need someone else to complete you while you recover. If you truly feel something for Luna and she feels the same way, I'm sure she will understand and will be waiting for you if you decide to really take the time to move on from this difficult period in your life. Work on yourself, girl! Building a relationship on shaky ground doesn't bode well for the romantic construction.
    And well, I think Sofia has already kind of addressed this a little bit. I mean, we haven't seen much of her and Luna and yet it seems like Sofia is doing better and better as time goes along; she was especially vibrant during this section of chapters, and I'm not sure my advice still applies fully. It seems to me that she is getting to a point where she can once again devote herself to a relationship while still being her best self, and I hope this stays this way! My advice remains, though, because I think she's not fully out of the woods yet. I do think that Sofia will take it to heart.

Did any of your past predictions for the characters come to fruition?
    Ooooh, I love this kind of questions! It's fun to do them and see how right or wrong I was about the characters. Let's see!
    Max: I think all or most of my predictions (getting control of his gang back, learning more about him, a redemption arc, meet someone who changes his point of view) have come true in one way or another! He got the gang back, we learned more about him/got to see a softer side, he got a sort of redemption (in my eyes) with the way he's been acting, and I guess Veronica is allowing him to be a little less evil in a way, so I'll say I was kind of right with that one. 1 point for me!
    Sofia: My predictions about her (she'll realize that fixating on Luna while in recovery is not a good thing/lots of heartbreak between them BUT with a happy ending) haven't come true at all, haha. At least, not yet! I think since we didn't see much or anything at all about the pair during this section, there wasn't much room to prove my predictions right or wrong. So, I'll leave them for next time! I still think that will happen to Sofia.
    Hugo and Nelson: OK, so! I said that they'd navigate their relationship together, and this came true, but I think this was pretty obvious :P I did also say that the cliffhanger with the argument behind closed doors in Nelson's apartment would bring up some difficulties, but we don't know what happened yet, so I'll leave that for next time, as well. BUT I did also say
    I think there's going to be something (or someone) new coming in and creating tension between them (not necessarily something romantic, just something difficult).
    and I think that this came true in a way I wasn't expecting! With Duke coming into Hugo's life, I anticipate difficulty in his and Nelson's budding relationship, so I think I'll take this as another point for me! So 2 points in total, not bad :wink:

What are your predictions for the characters’ storylines based on new developments?
    Well, I'm going to keep my prediction for Sofia that I mentioned above. I think it will still happen that she will experience some heartbreak with Luna, but that it will have a positive resolution.
    For Max, I think he's going to develop feelings for Veronica and this will NOT end well and there's going to be intense showdowns between the two. I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but I predict it will.
    For Hugo and Nelson, same as above, I think Duke is going to create tension between the two because Hugo is going to have to learn how to navigate this situation and I think his relationship with Nelson might suffer as a result (although I could see Nelson being the sweetheart he is and supporting Hugo so much that he's not going to have a choice but to be good); I think the pending resolution to the cliffhanger about the mystery about the argument in Nelson's apartment might compound with Hugo's family drama to create a rift between the two. I do NOT want to see this happen but I think it will.
    For Luna. She's going to face Hugo and it is NOT going to end well. He's going to be angry at her, not necessarily because of what she's doing (since Hugo has a LOT more going on now and I don't think he's going to take it too badly that Sofia is seeing Luna now.... I think), but because he's going to be very hurt that it took Luna so long to open up to him. I also think Luna is going to make good choices when it comes to Allyson and the situation between them. I don't know why, probably because I think that Luna is a good mom and I think she'll take what Allyson said to heart and try to improve.
    For Jacqueline. She's going to work herself and her body to a dangerous point and she's going to have a health scare. It's going to happen. But I think (AND HOPE!) that she's going to learn to have a healthier relationship with her own body after this scare.

Who/what do you want to see more of? Why? (More Lucy and Jacqueline coming up in the future!)
    Ehehehehe, you knew we would say Jacqueline and you're right. MORE JACQUELINE, PLEASE! I'd also like to see some of the secondary characters a little more; what we've seen of Juliana is sweet, and I'd like to get to know her a little bit better, and even though I don't like him at all, I'd also like to see more of Neal, if only to confirm that he's as rancid as he appears to be! I would also like to see more of Nelson, preferably solo in some way, so we can get to know him better! We've seen him quite a bit but always as a complement to Hugo, and I want to learn more about him on his own. He comes off really well and he's low-key my unrecognized favorite because he's a sweetie, but I want more. MOAR!

Do you have any questions for the characters and/or me?
    Ooh yes. How do you choose which character gets the spotlight in each chapter? Do you randomize them or do you write about whichever is more inspiring to you in the moment? Or the one that had the most happen to them in a certain period of time? Do you plan the cliffhangers in advance or do you reach them and think "yes, let's leave my readers hungry for more :wink: "? eheheh
    Do you have a favorite storyline to write? Not necessarily a character, but a storyline that makes you excited to get back to it when you're writing the others?
    This might have been asked before, I'm not sure, but do you have an ending for the story in mind? Or are you going to do multiple seasons/arcs/volumes of the story?

And to the characters:
    Luna: GIRL, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? TALK TO YOUR BROTHER! (OK, there's a question in there but it's more me yelling oops.) But also, how do you feel about Allyson's behavior recently? Are you scared about how to approach it?
    Max: Tell us the truth: though you were internally gleeful about Brodie's sobbing episode, were you shocked and maybe a little uncomfortable to see so much emotion pouring out of your rival? And also, are you going to the next GeekCon? If so, wanna share a drink and play some games?
    Nelson: How do you keep your hair looking and smelling so good? Spill your secrets, boy!
    Jacqueline: Do you ever want to get revenge on Arielle for bullying you? Or is that something that doesn't particularly interest you?

I'll cut them off here because I don't want to overwhelm you with questions! I know I wrote A LOT.

Duvelina, I love Too Good at Goodbyes! I'm really enjoying it. Keep up the great work, I can't wait for more. :blush:

• Options
    @AdamsEve1231 feel better soon!♥

@Duvelina eeek, I just caught up with the answers to questions, and I LOVE them. Such a cute look into the lives of the characters, it's awesome. I especially liked Luna's answers. If you'll invite me, Luna, I'd love to join you dancing like no one else is watching.♥ I also do that.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited August 2020
    @AdamsEve1231 Totally okay! I don't think anyone minds if you're later in your answers. I know I don't. Get well soon. 💞

@mercuryfoam
    You're quite right about Luna always being tense. She doesn't have much time to do what she actually wants to do with her watchful eye. If she would let go more, she'd be able to focus on herself a little.

Max' house really is dirty. It's a mess to look at. I don't know how much better a new house will be. He's such a slob.

He's been a trooper throughout it all though. The fridge does work, he's only been eating quick meals whenever he's home or BBQ in the park. He isn't the type to cook or regularly grocery shop. He's a busy man!

Thank you for your clarification! One of the upcoming updates is a Hugo/Luna and you'll get some confrontation there. Promise. I get what you mean though. Max will come into contact with his family again. They all still think about him quite often. He's just not ready yet.

@ajamkeevin
    Thank you so much for your kind words. ♥️ I'll answer in-depth later on. Those screenshots don't take themselves (sadly). 😂
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @ajamkeevin I wrote you a wall of text back. Answers to your character questions will come later.

I will say, though, that your storytelling is probably my favorite aspect. You're so good at it!

Thank you. This whole paragraph and the other ones in general are too long to quote, but it made my heart swell with joy. You're very generous with the compliments. It's amazing to hear that you're enjoying the story this much.
    Oh, yes! For sure! I think in this section of chapters, my opinion of Max has certainly improved.

I'm glad I could showcase a better and more positive side to Max's personality. He shouldn't be entirely one-dimensional and I loved bringing out a softer side. More Veronica/Max scenes will happen in the future. He won't stay isolated and alone forever. Hooray!
    Firstly because I wouldn't expect Hugo to be of the age where he could have a teenaged son, but I suppose Hugo is indeed a little bit older than I thought.

A while ago, @AdamsEve1231 asked about the ages of the characters and I've written them down in my forum thread as an answer. I'll copy them here so you can see if your imagination was right regarding the ages of the characters. I changed the ages slightly because some time has passed since then and some characters might be a little bit older.

Hugo: 29
    Luna: 29
    Allyson: 10
    Sofia: 28
    Nelson: 20
    Max: 24
    Lucy: 38
    Paolo: 40
    Jacqueline: 20
    Neal: 17
    Juliana: 14

So, Hugo was about 14 when he woohooed with Leslie and unknowingly became a dad. Super young!
    However, do I think he'd make a good dad right now? I'm not sure. He's only just establishing a new relationship after his last one that lasted a long time and ended pretty sadly, plus it's with a guy and Hugo is just learning all about this new side of him he never explored before, so I feel like he's not quite ready for a child, especially one that's already mostly grown and has feelings, baggage, and a developed personality. I think it's going to be difficult for Hugo to manage to juggle all these things happening in his life. SO, yes, I think he'd be a good dad, but he's going to struggle at first.

Very good insight! We shouldn't forget he just started dating Nelson and their relationship is still in the early stages, both of them never having dated men before. This is a huge twist for Hugo but Nelson is much younger than he is and he'd have to consider his perspective and stance on the situation as well, especially if Hugo decides to be in Duke's life. Duke is 15 by the way, I don't know if I outrightly mentioned that but that seems the youngest I could go in my head without things getting too weird. Technically, Duke is a YA in-game already... But Hugo is a YA too. Ages are weird.
    However, I was upset that she was rude to both Luna and Jacqueline in situations were other people witnessed her being rude. It hurt to see this, especially when she snapped at Jacqueline.

I understand that! I have the same feeling when I see her lash out at the people around her. Like, you know she has a real problem that she's (unknowingly) struggling with without any real support, but it's still hurtful to see her act a certain way.
    Giving Allyson more space, helping her out by maybe taking her to see a therapist, finding more things to do outside of being a mother/teacher (and here I would say spend more time with Sofia but also maybe doing more things outside of work/intense relationships, like maybe a hobby?).

Exactly! I think what Luna really needs is becoming her own person outside of being a mom. I don't think she got enough time and space to really grow up. When she was a teenager, she was in a mentally abusive relationship with Malcolm Landgraab which she kept justifying to herself until finally having enough and breaking it off. She promptly left for college after that and met one of her roommates, Layton. They had a whirlwind romance. She ended up pregnant and they married on campus right before she gave birth. Layton ended up dying because of a heart attack. He suffered from too much stress because Luna was out experimenting with girls and cheating on him. Even then, she didn't know herself and never had any room to work out who she was. After Layton died, she had to take care of Allyson all alone and she ended up obsessing over her. At some point, Luna needs to take a step back and actually pick up that violin and make it her own. Some non-family friends to hang out with would also be a welcome reprieve.
    I think once you develop the secondary characters a little bit more, we could see more of him and this could change but... I really don't see this being the case because you said Neal is a wannabe Max but with a worse personality.

For now, his personality is pretty flat and one-dimensional. He doesn't get much time to shine but he will eventually. I don't like him a whole lot myself, considering he is evil and just plain unfriendly. But I do have grand plans for him and I'm hoping to establish his personality more and discover who he really is. Let's hope we'll all come to like him more along the way. 😬
    I'm going to say that my opinion of Luna is slightly (but only slightly) lower right now because she's basically ghosted her brother (for something crazy like over three months, right?) and that's really not cool.

I'd say it's been about six months by now. 😅 Yeah... That wall has been built up by Luna. It's a monstrosity now and the longer she waits, the harder it becomes to talk to Hugo. Hugo knows he's mostly disappointed with Luna and he doesn't quite understand why she hasn't contacted him because as far as he knows Luna flirted with Sofia that one night during New Year's Eve and that's it. He was expecting a real apology but he's just not getting it. Luna came over after New Year's Eve to talk to him still and she sort of apologized at the time but it was half-hearted. Hugo never got over it and doesn't understand how Luna could do something like this. Me either, to be honest. So, long story short, Hugo has yet to find out the escalation of the Sofia/Luna relationship.
    While I still love these last two the most, I think I'm most intrigued by and looking forward to read Jacqueline's storyline. I think it's really well written and compelling, and truthfully I think it might be the best in your story. Not to say the other ones aren't good because they are, but I think you have done a fantastic job so far with Jacqueline's story even though it hasn't been the most expanded upon.

Wow, thank you! I hope I won't disappoint you with my execution of it. There's more planned for her story and I'm very excited to play it out. Exciting times are ahead.
    And well, I think Sofia has already kind of addressed this a little bit. I mean, we haven't seen much of her and Luna and yet it seems like Sofia is doing better and better as time goes along; she was especially vibrant during this section of chapters, and I'm not sure my advice still applies fully.

A Luna/Sofia chapter is fully written out and will be posted on Tuesday! I love the pictures I took for it, the lighting was so nice and the colours are all warm and soft. It's supposed to be a cute/heartwarming/supportive chapter. Sofia is one of my favourites too and it probably shows. She's so fun to dress up and choose outfits for (just like Luna). They always look spectacular together.
    Max: I think all or most of my predictions (getting control of his gang back, learning more about him, a redemption arc, meet someone who changes his point of view) have come true in one way or another! He got the gang back, we learned more about him/got to see a softer side, he got a sort of redemption (in my eyes) with the way he's been acting, and I guess Veronica is allowing him to be a little less evil in a way, so I'll say I was kind of right with that one. 1 point for me!

Colour me impressed! You really got the whole story predicted right there. 😂
    Hugo and Nelson: OK, so! I said that they'd navigate their relationship together, and this came true, but I think this was pretty obvious :P I did also say that the cliffhanger with the argument behind closed doors in Nelson's apartment would bring up some difficulties, but we don't know what happened yet, so I'll leave that for next time, as well. BUT I did also say
    I think there's going to be something (or someone) new coming in and creating tension between them (not necessarily something romantic, just something difficult).
    and I think that this came true in a way I wasn't expecting! With Duke coming into Hugo's life, I anticipate difficulty in his and Nelson's budding relationship, so I think I'll take this as another point for me! So 2 points in total, not bad.

Not bad at all! You nailed it. The funny thing is that when you predicted that I had no idea this would happen myself since it all went down so spontaneously. Even more impressive that you managed to predict what the game would do.
    Well, I'm going to keep my prediction for Sofia that I mentioned above. I think it will still happen that she will experience some heartbreak with Luna, but that it will have a positive resolution.
    For Max, I think he's going to develop feelings for Veronica and this will NOT end well and there's going to be intense showdowns between the two. I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but I predict it will.
    For Hugo and Nelson, same as above, I think Duke is going to create tension between the two because Hugo is going to have to learn how to navigate this situation and I think his relationship with Nelson might suffer as a result (although I could see Nelson being the sweetheart he is and supporting Hugo so much that he's not going to have a choice but to be good); I think the pending resolution to the cliffhanger about the mystery about the argument in Nelson's apartment might compound with Hugo's family drama to create a rift between the two. I do NOT want to see this happen but I think it will.
    For Luna. She's going to face Hugo and it is NOT going to end well. He's going to be angry at her, not necessarily because of what she's doing (since Hugo has a LOT more going on now and I don't think he's going to take it too badly that Sofia is seeing Luna now.... I think), but because he's going to be very hurt that it took Luna so long to open up to him. I also think Luna is going to make good choices when it comes to Allyson and the situation between them. I don't know why, probably because I think that Luna is a good mom and I think she'll take what Allyson said to heart and try to improve.
    For Jacqueline. She's going to work herself and her body to a dangerous point and she's going to have a health scare. It's going to happen. But I think (AND HOPE!) that she's going to learn to have a healthier relationship with her own body after this scare.

Some of these predictions are so good. You have a gift!
    Ehehehehe, you knew we would say Jacqueline and you're right. MORE JACQUELINE, PLEASE! I'd also like to see some of the secondary characters a little more; what we've seen of Juliana is sweet, and I'd like to get to know her a little bit better, and even though I don't like him at all, I'd also like to see more of Neal, if only to confirm that he's as rancid as he appears to be! I would also like to see more of Nelson, preferably solo in some way, so we can get to know him better! We've seen him quite a bit but always as a complement to Hugo, and I want to learn more about him on his own. He comes off really well and he's low-key my unrecognized favorite because he's a sweetie, but I want more. MOAR!

I brainstormed some ideas for Juliana and she will be incorporated a lot faster than I imagined she would. You'll see a little more of her soon! Neal will stay a minor character until I resolve some important situations first. He'll be incorporated sooner than I thought because I thought of some things for him to do before things get resolved. There will be a lot of things to play through and write about.
    How do you choose which character gets the spotlight in each chapter? Do you randomize them or do you write about whichever is more inspiring to you in the moment? Or the one that had the most happen to them in a certain period of time?

I don't randomize them. At first I played the household that made the most sense to me or that I felt most like playing at the time. I acquired a LOT of screenshots that way. So many I didn't need to play for an entire month. I didn't end up liking this approach because I'd have to write about events that happened a really long time ago for me. Now I write in the chronological order of the pictures I took and when I run out of pictures for a certain character, I'll open up the game and play more with them and their story. Sometimes I do still get quite a few pictures and I'll split them up into different chapters but those mostly were from one play session.
    Do you plan the cliffhangers in advance or do you reach them and think "yes, let's leave my readers hungry for more :wink: "?

No, I don't plan the cliffhangers. I mostly think of them while playing the household and then use them later or I split up all of the pictures I took into what made sense and that turned out to be a cliffhanger. It doesn't sound plausible, but I promise that's what happens. 😂 I don't plan to torture you all. Not far in advance anyway.
    Do you have a favorite storyline to write? Not necessarily a character, but a storyline that makes you excited to get back to it when you're writing the others?

I love these questions. Thank you for asking them! My favourite storyline to write is Jacqueline's. I love her and her personality and I have such exciting plans for her storyline in the future. I'm also super excited about the storylines I'm not even writing yet, like Neal's and Juliana's.
    This might have been asked before, I'm not sure, but do you have an ending for the story in mind? Or are you going to do multiple seasons/arcs/volumes of the story?

It has been asked before, but that's okay because the answer changed. I'm planning on making it one big story and I do have a set ending in mind. Previous comments did make me think about writing a prequel for some of these characters so I might do that after I finish it up. If I still want to play with the characters I have and I can think of new storylines to run/continue on with I might do so but I also have a great idea for a new, very different, story I'd want to write.
  • Options
    Answers to @ajamkeevin's questions

Luna
    GIRL, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? TALK TO YOUR BROTHER!

Luna1.png

'I know. You're right. I even deserve the yelling. It's been going on for way too long. I promise I'll go and tell him soon.'
    But also, how do you feel about Allyson's behavior recently? Are you scared about how to approach it?

Luna2.png

'It's been hard. Allyson was such a happy, carefree child when she was younger. After Layton... died, she changed. I guess it can't be helped. I know it has changed me too. Allyson is all I have left. I don't want that to slip away.

I don't know if I'd say I'm scared, per se... Well, maybe you're right on that too. I might be scared. I'm not sure what I'm feeling these days. Sofia has been good about helping me forget that. I should try harder to let go. Let Allyson be her own person and make her own mistakes. I know all of that in my head but my heart tells another story.'

Luna3.png

'I have some thinking to do.'

Max
    Tell us the truth: though you were internally gleeful about Brodie's sobbing episode, were you shocked and maybe a little uncomfortable to see so much emotion pouring out of your rival?

Max1.png

'Tell you the truth? I don't tell anything but the truth. Bah! The implicit insult makes me question your integrity. I basked in his misery. I always do. Don't make me out to be someone I'm not. I'm not a 'bad boy with his heart on his sleeve'. I'm just bad.'
    And also, are you going to the next GeekCon? If so, wanna share a drink and play some games?

Max2.png

'GeekCon? Pfft, I only went there because Veronica dragged me. I won't say no to a drink though.

Max3.png

Nelson
    How do you keep your hair looking and smelling so good? Spill your secrets, boy!

Nelson1.png

'Eh, I woke up like this?

Nelson2.png

'If anything, I wash it sometimes...'

Jacqueline
    Do you ever want to get revenge on Arielle for bullying you? Or is that something that doesn't particularly interest you?

Jacqueline1.png
    Jacqueline2.png

'As long as I can pretend this punching bag is every person I ever hated... I'm good.'
  • Options
    Hi reading circle friends,
    Thanks for well wishes. @Duvelina I'll catch up on your questions soon.

@everyone I'm wondering about reading capacity. Last time 7 arcs was almost too much. @Duvelina is the only reader, I think, completely finished. Would 5 parts make sense (arcs 8-12) or would 3 be better (arcs 8-10)? If we do 5 arcs, the main mystery is introduced, but 3 may be more manageable for length. Or I could do questions for arcs 8-12 and you all answer what you can.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Headaches are the worst. I hope you'll be rid of it soon!
    My reading list is too ambitious for comfort, but I'll do my best to get caught up as much as possible the coming week. I'm fine with you doing questions for how far you want and us answering what we can!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @Duvelina
    Okay questions time! :)

General
    What’s your favourite and least favourite aspect of my story (storytelling, writing, pictures, characters, …)? Why? How can I improve?
    This is a hard question to answer. I really enjoy your story for multiple reasons. I love the character development. Each cast member feels realistic, as if I could be friends with some or many of them. They struggle with (and sometimes overcome) real problems. They each have unique motivations and interests that set them apart from each other, with the exception of some (namely Neal and Juliana, and we don't see much if any of Lucy and Pablo). I know you mentioned Lucy & Pablo's story has already passed so to speak, but it would be nice to gain a little more context, and more about Lucy joining the Villareal family (in story).

What's my least favorite? That's a rough question. I love your story. Your use of pictures is well done and bright. I guess my only minor critique is I'm a huge fan of dialogue. I think it enhances the story and helps with the "showing" rather than "telling" piece of storytelling. I know the "show, don't tell" advice is overused and dialogue is a form of "telling," but I do think it has the ability to convey emotions, tone of a scene, pitch of a character, and more.

I think you pull the story off rather well through detailed description, but I do enjoy the spoken word in addition to the description. I would love to hear some of the evil things Jacqueline's tormentors say and her sad replies or maybe even an awesome scene in the future where she is able to "tell them off" in a way that's both empowering for her, and not demeaning but eye-opening for her enemies. I'd love to hear Sofia talking with her loving family, and Hugo sharing his interests with Nelson. I'm really curious how the nefarious Max sounds. All in all, I would like to see more dialogue.
    Have I improved anything throughout the story already?
    In terms of what the characters are thinking and feeling, I think your story has evolved. Early on, I didn't always understand the motivations of the characters (namely Sofia and why she turned to bubble blowing and ignored her beautiful and sweet boyfriend) or their reactions to other characters (i.e. Hugo choosing to stay with Sofia despite her obvious neglect of him and addictive personality). As you've written more chapters, I feel like those two characters in particular have developed tremendously. It's easier to understand their motivations and reactions and feel their emotions right along with them.
    Do you like the story? Why (not)? Feel free to give both reasons you like and dislike the story, if applicable.
    To be honest, in the beginning I wasn't sure. I was on the fence about whether to like the characters or not. I think the Body Shaming chapter was the first time I felt strong emotion for any of the characters (mostly because it's a subject I feel passionate about and I have been the recipient of body shaming).

However, as your writing has improved and you've expanded and showed us their world and their inner thoughts, feelings, and motivations, I feel more invested in the story. I want to know what will happen. I care about what happens to the characters. I really disliked Sofia in the beginning, but I've grown attached to her, and love her like she was a friend. I want to see her succeed. I want to see Hugo and Luna succeed, and Allyson (really, everyone, even Max). I care about Hugo's burgeoning relationship with Nelson. I want to see Luna find some adult friends and healthy outlets. I want to see Allyson gain both the space and the love and support she needs. I want to see Jacqueline grow in confidence and strength, both physically and emotionally.

Already answered the next question so I'll jump to the next ones...
    In-depth (spoilery)
    Do you think Max has developed positively since the last time we talked about him? Why (not)? Do you think Veronica can make a difference?
    Max is a character that has surprised me. I've enjoyed watching his development. He's not an all-around bad guy. He's not as one-dimensional as he seemed in the beginning. He's more than he appears or even projects. His care of Veronica is concerning to me as I hope he isn't in it for the money and he won't betray her. However, I'd love to see her be a positive influence on him. Realistically, I'm not sure he will make a total one-hundred-eighty degree turn and his criminal tendencies will still continue to hurt him and his relationships, but I think this adds a fantastic depth to his character. The conflicted character is certainly more interesting.
    What did you think about the reveal where Hugo turned out to have a son? Do you think he’d make a good dad? Did Sofia handle the situation well? How do you think I handled that situation? Did it feel realistic? Tell me all your thoughts.
    It was sad and shocking and incredibly well done. I was a bit surprised that Duke went to Sofia, but I was impressed with her maturity and the way she handled the situation. I do think Hugo, by his nature and character, will be a good dad. He is a caring, gentle man who was thoughtfully invested in his relationship with Sofia. I do feel like he allowed himself to be taken advantage of, and I would hate for Duke or Duke's mother to do so. I want to see Duke reunite with Hugo and for Hugo to play an active role in Hugo's life in a healthy, positive way and for Duke to have the father figure he needs.
    What are your thoughts on Allyson and her relationship with her mom?
    As stated before, I feel like Allyson needs some additional help, some guidance to help her process things in healthy ways. She needs a support system other than just her mother. Also Luna really needs better adult outlets. I like Sofia, but I think Luna needs to focus on becoming a healthy, stable adult and finding supports for her daughter right now. Luna needs healthy adult relationships before she needs romance.

If Sofia can be a good influence/support and encourage Luna to find the friendships and outlets she needs, then I'm all for it. In the meantime, though, Sofia is still a recovering addict. And once an addict, always an addict. Alcoholics are still alcoholics even if they've been sober for decades because all it takes is one drink to potentially go down that path again. I don't say that to be mean. I say it because it's reality and I've lived with people both before and after alcoholism. I think Sofia needs more time to find herself and get healthy again. This is a big side track from the original question. :sweat_smile:
    Did you favourite and least favourite character change since last time? Who are they now and why?
    Yes, I think Sofia is one of my favorite characters now. I didn't like her in the beginning as I stated above, but I think she's developed in her maturity. She handled the Duke situation in a level-headed and responsible way. I like the idea that she can still be friends with Hugo after everything that happened between them. I also think she has the most potential to help others in the future after everything she's been through herself.

Least favorite? I'm fairly neutral toward some of the side characters - Neal, Lucy, etc. Jacqueline's enemy... whose name I can't recall... and it doesn't matter since it's a evil thing to taunt Jacqueline like she does. :angry:
    Did your opinion on any of the characters change (in a positive or negative way)?
    Yes, positive. I've already talked about this a lot above so I don't have much more to add here.
    Did your favourite storyline stay the same or do you like another one more now?
    I feel the most invested in Sofia and Hugo's storylines. I want to see more about Hugo and Duke. I can't remember what I said before. Haha. :sweat_smile: *goes to look* Okay, guess I said the same storyline so my favorite hasn't changed. :smiley:
    Do you think the character you gave advice to last time around will take it to heart and do something with it?
    I haven't seen Jacqueline as much in the chapters since the last time I offered advice. I would love to see her to take it to heart and realize she is beautiful just as she is, ignore and rise above the haters. However, realistically, I know overcoming body insecurity takes a long time, and isn't easy. :grimace: I want to hope for a bright future, but I think she has a long path of overcoming negative self-talk and potentially indulging in self-destructive behavior if she doesn't receive the support she needs.
    Did any of your past predictions for the characters come to fruition?
    *reviewing what I wrote* Okay...
    Sofia attempts a relationship with Luna and Luna indulges her, only to be hurt in the end when Sofia returns to her addiction or changes her mind for some reason. Maybe she really realizes she needs help and checks into rehab and breaks things off with Sofia. Or crazy thought? She wants Hugo back but he's already with Nelson. :open_mouth: Sofia needs an intervention from her family, probably her mom and sister.

I'm really glad these predictions didn't come true yet. I have a higher opinion and hopes for Sofia now so I think given appropriate caution, she might make a good match for Luna BUT... Luna needs to get some help of her own. I could (maybe) and I say maybe weakly see Sofia and Hugo trying to rekindle what they had, but that's highly unlikely.
    Hugo and Nelson go on a few more awkward dates and realize they are meant to be! <3 Hashtag #TeamHuson or #TeamNelgo! :lol:
    #TeamNelgo! Haha. I still root for these two and want to see more of them. This one is probably the only prediction that is remotely close. :lol:
    There will be a growing rift between Hugo and Luna if 1) Luna doesn't talk to him about what's going on and 2) her relationship with Sofia continues. I think that would be really sad, but realistic. I hope the twins can make up.
    I can't remember if the twins have actively made up at this point. :/
    I'd love to see Jacqueline grow to love and embrace her body. She's a beautiful Sim! And triumph over the bullies by refusing to listen to the naysayers and becoming a strong and confident woman.
    See my answer to the advice question above.
    I'd love to see Lucy and Paolo stay happily married. Someone needs to in this family. If they expect a little nooboo of their own, that would be cute. Or I could see incredibly juicy drama with that situation. Lucy didn't want more kids but is suddenly expecting. Paolo is thrilled. It could cause some awkwardness. Or Lucy wants another child, a child of their own together, but Paolo doesn't. Hmm... okay, no I still like my happily married idea best.
    Since you aren't going the route of sharing more of Lucy/Paolo, then this was less a prediction and more a hope for juicy drama. So if the happily married piece counts, then this one is sort-of true-ish. :lol:
    Max's plans backfire on him. Maybe he spirals and realizes he needs some help or counseling too. I doubt it though. It would be really wild if Christin left her husband, Brody, and she and Max became an evil power couple! Mwahaha! Or Veronica, Brodie's sister.
    Thus far, Veronica and Max as a couple might be believable and has potential in the future. Plans haven't "backfired" yet per se. :lol:
    What are your predictions for the characters’ storylines based on new developments?
    Sofia - continues to overcome her addiction and becomes a more sensitive, caring, well-rounded, well-adjusted person for it. I'd like to see her stay single for a little longer so she can take the time to rediscover what she loves and likes.
    Hugo - more sweet Nelson moments. :love: I think the addition of a child to his life (even if his child is an older teen) will add some complications to his relationship with Nelson, but I do hope the two men can work through it. I foresee Hugo being a good dad and maybe even feeling guilty for missing most of his son's life, but I don't see him lashing out at his ex. It's not in his personality. I'm curious about how Duke's mother will react. I hope the reunion will be a good/positive one, but I foresee some drama there. Duke's mom may be upset at Duke and try and wedge between him and Hugo and prevent a relationship.
    Luna - she's going to have a handful with Allyson if she doesn't find more positive, healthy adult outlets.
    Max - drama with Veronica because she is the former leader's brother. I foresee complications just because of Max's nature.
    Jacqueline - more bullying, and here's to hoping she seeks help and finds a way to overcome :heart:
    Who/what do you want to see more of? Why? (More Lucy and Jacqueline coming up in the future!)
    As you shared, more Jacqueline and Lucy. However, I would love to see more development of Nelson, the neighbor and Hugo's love interest. Right now I want to root for Nelson as he seems like a kind and thoughtful young man, but he feels a bit more like an extra and background character. I know you've introduced the bit with the argument in his apartment and I'd definitely like to know what that's about, even though I can patiently wait for it to reveal itself. I want Hugo to have a nice love interest, one who won't neglect him like Sofia did. I want to see a healthy stable romance develop between two men. I hate to use the word "normal" because I don't want to imply that Nelson and Hugo can't have an out-of-this-world passionate love story, so maybe I'll use the word down-to-earth or (fairly) drama-free, though your story does thrive on drama.
    Do you have any questions for the characters and/or me?
    Feel free to ignore anything the others have already asked/you've already answered. I do my best not to read others' responses until after I type my answers so as not to be too influenced.

For you, @Duvelina I wrote a lot above about how I love their progression and my opinions on many of them have changed.
    How did you develop the characters?
    Has anything changed from the beginning to now about their personalities?
    Do you have a favorite character? (I can't remember if I've asked this before)
    What has surprised you with writing this story?
    Where do you feel you've improved?
    If there is one thing you would change, what would it be?
    What is one piece of advice you would give us based on your experience as a SimLit writer?

For the characters:
    Sofia: What have you learned about yourself since returning to your childhood home? This is incredibly personal, but do you feel better about yourself now than you did before? What are your plans for the future?
    Hugo: How has learning you are a father changed your outlook on life? Do you feel it will jeopardize or strengthen your relationship with Nelson?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Duvelina I smiled so much reading your thoughts about my answers! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond so thoughtfully. And the answers to my character questions, aaahh! I loved them so much. I’ll write up some quick thoughts (short ones, promise!) after I finally get home, been in a car 12 hours today :grimace:

@AdamsEve1231 I hope you’re doing better! I’m excited to dive back into KCLKF this week. For me, I think 5 parts is cool, I’ll have time this week to read them and answer discussion questions. If others feel like only doing 3, though, I’m down with that too! Whatever you think is best. I’ll probably end up reading more than the discussion calls for anyway :p
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Hope you don't mind, but I'll make sure to answer tomorrow and then the week is all yours! ☺

@ajamkeevin I love more thoughts! Did you come back from vacation today? Hope you had a good time.
  • Options
    Hi reading circle friends,
    Thanks for well wishes. @Duvelina I'll catch up on your questions soon.

@everyone I'm wondering about reading capacity. Last time 7 arcs was almost too much. @Duvelina is the only reader, I think, completely finished. Would 5 parts make sense (arcs 8-12) or would 3 be better (arcs 8-10)? If we do 5 arcs, the main mystery is introduced, but 3 may be more manageable for length. Or I could do questions for arcs 8-12 and you all answer what you can.

Let me think... 3 arcs would already be 17 chapters (oh well, 14 and some are splitted :P I count them seperated). 5 arcs would be 28 seperated chapters (21 non-splitted). I think 5 arcs is the max for me, since I was struggling very hard to get done reading and commenting in time. I learned that reading in chapters is easier for me than reading in arcs. I had 21 chapters myself in my last discussion and you're non-splitted arcs are also 21, so I'm all for 5 arcs.
  • Options
    Okay, so how about I do questions for 5 mini arcs, and then if some of you can only get to 3, that's fine too? For those of you who are further ahead, feel free to skip certain questions. You'll know which ones. :smiley:

Arc-Specific Questions
    Arc 8
    • How do you feel about Kass' mental state? Do you think it's believable?
    • What is your impression of Madison?
    • What did you think about the introduction and incorporation of townies? (i.e. Dr. Bachelor, Abe Finkel, Ansel Erickson, Bert Alto, Morgana Wolff?) Do you like/dislike the other characters? If you've played other Sims games or even read some lore, you'll know certain characters have 'different' stories in mine than in the original gameplay. Do you mind?
    • How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? What about Kass' first day of her internship?
    • Any predictions or thoughts about Clark at this point?

Arc 9
    • What are your thoughts about Gage and Kass' friendship at this point?
    • Were you surprised by the 'item' Kass found in her mamma's room?
    • How did you feel about Amy's reaction to Kass/Gage? What about Carina/Andi's confrontation?
    • Did you like the 'memory lane' chapter with some backstory on the girls?
    • Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool? ;)

Arc 10
    • Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis?
    • Did you feel Davis' explanation was sufficient for why he didn't show up earlier? Or did you want more?
    • Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response. :)

Arc 11
    • I introduce more 'politics' in these chapters. Do you feel they add to the story or take away?
    • Did you enjoy Kass' late night rendezvous at the Jolt with a certain someone?
    • What are your thoughts about the 'surprise visitor' Kass found at her home?

Arc 12
    • Did you like the 'action' and intrigue in these chapters? I feel like I'm terrible at writing action sequences. :sweat_smile: Do you think I did a good job? Anything I could improve upon?
    • How did you feel about Davis in these chapters? Did the situations help develop/solidify your opinion of his character more? Did his 'flaw' annoy you or do you feel Kass overreacted?
    • Any guesses as to who was at Kass' home or why?
    • Did you like Amy's interlude or did you want to get back to the story? Did you feel it helped with the characterization of Amy, Howard, and Kate?
    • How would you characterize Amy's relationship with her daughters? Any guesses as to why she is acting the way she is? (P.S. I don't condone her behavior, but I do like to discuss and understand my characters' motivations and reasons for choices so I'm curious what you think).

General Questions
    • What do you think of the story so far? What things do you like or dislike and why?
    • Has your opinion/impression about Kass or any of the characters changed (for better or worse) based on where you are in the story?
    • If you could give Kass one piece of advice (for any of the things she's facing), what would it be?
    • A couple times I used pictures that were otherwise 'ruined' story-wise and had to come up with odd explanations (i.e. Kass 'greying' out at the doctor's office in 1.13, her dream sequence with Gage in 1.15, the kitchen scenes in 1.21). Did you like these or did they annoy you?
    • Any questions for me? Or for my characters? (I'll happily load up TS3 to answer questions in character format) :blush:

Thank you all so much for reading this upcoming week. I can't wait to start discussing! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 I'll start doing your questions from tomorrow on. Here are my thoughts on your answers to my questions and I'll answer your characters questions later today.

General
    I know you mentioned Lucy & Pablo's story has already passed so to speak, but it would be nice to gain a little more context, and more about Lucy joining the Villareal family (in story).

Lucy will gain more of a role involved in some other people's storylines. Pablo probably won't. Not everyone has an eventful life with a major storyline and Pablo is one of those. I'm just not very interested in exploring him at this moment in time. We also won't see Lucy joining the Villareal family. I don't have enough pictures for that and I don't want to write pictureless chapters. I am thinking about writing a prequel story for the Villareals and how they grew up. I might recreate Lucy joining the family at that point, but I'm not sure. I feel like exploring the character's backstories from when they were younger, even before I started playing them. This might change and if the story goes well, I might evolve it to writing and screenshotting everything up until the point Too Good at Goodbyes started. So, I guess you'd get your Lucy backstory at that point! I can say for sure it won't happen on-screen in Too Good at Goodbyes.
    All in all, I would like to see more dialogue.

Thank you for the feedback! I won't change my style of writing in this story. I decided to not include dialogue when I started it and I don't want to change it in the middle of the story and at this point in time, I don't want to do a re-write. I am planning on mixing up my writing style with future stories, including the prequel. The prequel would likely have dialogue. :)
    As you've written more chapters, I feel like those two characters in particular have developed tremendously. It's easier to understand their motivations and reactions and feel their emotions right along with them.

Good to hear! Thank you for telling me.
    However, as your writing has improved and you've expanded and showed us their world and their inner thoughts, feelings, and motivations, I feel more invested in the story. I want to know what will happen. I care about what happens to the characters. I really disliked Sofia in the beginning, but I've grown attached to her, and love her like she was a friend. I want to see her succeed. I want to see Hugo and Luna succeed, and Allyson (really, everyone, even Max). I care about Hugo's burgeoning relationship with Nelson. I want to see Luna find some adult friends and healthy outlets. I want to see Allyson gain both the space and the love and support she needs. I want to see Jacqueline grow in confidence and strength, both physically and emotionally.

I so appreciate your honesty here. I'm glad the characters managed to sway you. It'd be disappointing if you didn't like the story at all, especially for yourself because you're basically 'forced' to read it for the reading club. 😂

Spoilery
    Max is a character that has surprised me. I've enjoyed watching his development.

It's so enjoyable for me to hear that Max has managed to surprise so many of you because he has honestly surprised me too. I started this story with not much of an idea on where I wanted it go and how these characters would develop. Max started out as this one-dimensional cardboard cut-out of a badboy and along the way his personality has become something more. He acts like he doesn't care and in some cases, he really doesn't, as is evident by him fighting people over fishing spots and pushing pregnant ladies around, but his character shines when it comes down to people who touch his life in some way like Veronica has done. She doesn't judge Max and believes in him which is something Max has never experienced before. At least, not that he realizes. His dad was abusive and barely paid attention to his kids but Max has never felt connected with his siblings. If Max would open up, I think he could he have an amazing family dynamic with Luna, Hugo and even Lucy. Lucy has cared for him like a mother and it must have felt like a slap in the face when he acted like she didn't deserve happiness when she was getting remarried.
    It was sad and shocking and incredibly well done. I was a bit surprised that Duke went to Sofia, but I was impressed with her maturity and the way she handled the situation.

Thank you. Duke could have easily gone to Hugo. It wouldn't be so hard to find out his address. He is a celebrity chef after all. Fans can be crazy. But Sofia seemed like the safe choice. She's a step away from Hugo. I can imagine it must be difficult to confront the dad you've never met. I think this was a smart way to slowly introduce them to each other without actually meeting each other. Both can get used to the idea of the other person existing first. Duke was definitely hoping Sofia would suggest to be the middle-man in this situation. Maybe not entirely fair, but Duke is only 15 and teenagers don't always make the most fair decisions. As you know because you're incredible at writing these kind of decisions yourself and giving your characters plenty of motivation to go along with it.
    I like Sofia, but I think Luna needs to focus on becoming a healthy, stable adult and finding supports for her daughter right now. Luna needs healthy adult relationships before she needs romance.

I personally think you're very right in saying that. Luna didn't need to jump into a relationship. This relationship is an escape for both Sofia and Luna and we shouldn't discount that. Luna hasn't had love in her life after her husband passed away and she hasn't made any lasting friendships ever. She needs a good friend group who will be there for her even when romance is not. I think she could find that friend group while being with Sofia but chances aren't very likely since both of them are so focused on each other.
    Yes, I think Sofia is one of my favorite characters now.

I wasn't sure on whether to include this question because not many chapters have been published since last time and not a whole lot has happened exactly, but I've been surprised to see that favourite characters have switched around. That excites me because I didn't expect the posted chapters to evoke such a reaction already. I see that Sofia's maturity in handling this situation has impacted a lot of opinions on her. It's cool to see.
    I haven't seen Jacqueline as much in the chapters since the last time I offered advice.

Very true. Soon enough the chapters should be more balanced out between the characters because I'm running out of all those pictures I took a month ago. I have big plans for Jacqueline.
    #TeamNelgo! Haha. I still root for these two and want to see more of them. This one is probably the only prediction that is remotely close. :lol:

A ship name! 😂 I love Nelgo. It's cute. Their names aren't so bad together. There are some names out there that just don't work together.
    I can't remember if the twins have actively made up at this point.

They haven't!
    Right now I want to root for Nelson as he seems like a kind and thoughtful young man, but he feels a bit more like an extra and background character. I know you've introduced the bit with the argument in his apartment and I'd definitely like to know what that's about, even though I can patiently wait for it to reveal itself. I want Hugo to have a nice love interest, one who won't neglect him like Sofia did. I want to see a healthy stable romance develop between two men. I hate to use the word "normal" because I don't want to imply that Nelson and Hugo can't have an out-of-this-world passionate love story, so maybe I'll use the word down-to-earth or (fairly) drama-free, though your story does thrive on drama.

Nelson is indeed more of a background character. The argument in the apartment will be explained and the relationship between Hugo and Nelson will get some more meat added to it. So far, it's a nice budding relationship without much complication and that's cool too but it's bound to become dramatic with whatever that fight was about, Hugo turning out to have a son and both of them being in their first relationship with a man, even Nelson's first serious relationship in general.

Questions for me
    How did you develop the characters?

I use their character traits and aspirations a lot. That's the first step for me. It makes me form an idea in my head of who these people are. After that I interpret what they do in-game and thinking of situations these characters, based on their traits, would get into. Sofia's storyline was a random idea I had when I saw Sofia's apartment had a bubble blower in it. It wasn't necessarily based on her traits, but after I decided on that storyline I did look at her traits, career and aspiration and weaved those into the story. Sofia's aspiration is to become a musical genius which is where her piano playing came from. I had no idea she had a piano in her childhood bedroom because I had never even been inside her house. It all added up nicely. This is just an example but things seem to come together very nicely sometimes and it propels my perspective on these characters and interpretations of their personalities forward. Nowadays, I don't have a hard time writing about these characters because I know them so well and I know how they would react in whatever situation.
    Has anything changed from the beginning to now about their personalities?

I'd say plenty. They're not flat, one-dimensional beings. Not all of them were when this story started but I wasn't sure about Max when I started writing about him. Throughout me playing him and writing about his life I discovered different facets to his personality like how he can be lenient and has a soft side for nerdy things even though he doesn't want to admit it. I never imagined Max to be a bit of a geek but the story took that road and I'm enjoying it very much.

Sofia has become more than her addiction. It's not so weird how she was a shell of who she was and that the addiction defined her 'personality' at that point because addiction really does change people. It was fun to write Sofia in recovery and see her get some of her own personality back. She's slowly becoming her own person and I never got to write her that way before so her personality has 'changed' for sure since the beginning of the story.

I wouldn't say Hugo has changed a lot. Maybe he wouldn't let someone walk all over him again like Sofia did after that whole debacle went down. He developed more of a tough skin. He's also not as skittish and miserable as he was in the beginning when he was slowly figuring out his feelings for the neighbour boy, Nelson. Otherwise, I think he remains unchanged.
    Do you have a favorite character? (I can't remember if I've asked this before)

You have but I don't mind being asked again because favourite characters can change. I have no idea who I've answered last time but I think my favourite is Sofia. I love how she's coming into herself more and how she handles situations like Duke coming to see her so gracefully. I'm excited to see where she goes from here.
    What has surprised you with writing this story?

How easy it is to get into my characters' heads. It's such a slow process you barely even notice it but these characters are a figment of my imagination. Every single one of them is a part of me. At first I was looking at my game, thinking what to do next but now it's easy to imagine what my characters would think or do. I look for poses for them regularly and I have a clear idea of what I would want and how that specific character would pose. It's awesome.

Another thing that surprised me is the feedback in this reading club. I think it's a part of every single writer ever but I hadn't expected such positive comments. I know my pictures are good and I work hard on them but some details are noticed I never thought someone would and that makes me so happy. And how other people here started to like/love these characters along with me. These discussion weeks are incredibly motivating.
    Where do you feel you've improved?

Screenshotting, for sure. At first I didn't use ReShade but throughout the story, I started using it and figuring out what I liked more and now I think I've come to point where I'm really happy with the pictures I take.
    If there is one thing you would change, what would it be?

The balancing of the characters. I want to give all of the characters the spotlight they deserve but it's a hard balance to strike with so many of them.
    What is one piece of advice you would give us based on your experience as a SimLit writer?

Detail in your pictures is appreciated. Taking a beautiful picture can be hard work but people notice and it's the best feeling in the world when someone points out your character's styling or their hair growing and you can be like: 'Yes, I did that.'
  • Options
    Character questions

Sofia
    What have you learned about yourself since returning to your childhood home?

Sofia1.jpg

'A lot. I was together with Hugo for so long that I forgot how who I was, on my own. Being independent is hard but I noticed how codependent I was on Hugo. Not to say that my drug problem was Hugo's fault. Not at all. But he didn't make things better either. I'm a happy person. I haven't been able to say that in a long time but mom recently told me how healthy and content I look. I have to say: I think she's right. I've started to appreciate life again. It's a refreshing feeling.'
    This is incredibly personal, but do you feel better about yourself now than you did before?

Sofia2.png

'Don't worry, I'm an open book. I don't like keeping secrets, so I mostly don't which is why it's incredibly hard for me to not tell Luna about Duke. Anyway, getting off-topic here, I think the answer is a definite yes. I don't think it's just because I stopped blowing bubbles though. Luna plays a major part in that too. I feel pretty when I look in the mirror.'

Sofia3.png

'It really has been a long time.'
    What are your plans for the future?

Sofia4.png

'I would love to pursue music. I know I could take my piano playing somewhere if I put effort into it. There's a whole world out there waiting for me and I'm planning on taking it by storm.

Hugo
    How has learning you are a father changed your outlook on life?

Hugo1.png

I don't think it has completely sunk in yet, let alone changed my outlook on life. I need more time to come to terms with it. That's all I want to say on that.

Hugo2.png

'I... don't know. I'm afraid of how he will react. He's so young still. Well, so am I. But I'd dare say I have more life experience. It feels awkward to say but I don't know Nelson well enough to judge how he might react which doesn't make me want to tell him any more.

That was that! Thank you all so much for an amazing week full of thoughtful, insightful discussion. I had a great time as always. 🥰
  • Options
    Arc 8
    How do you feel about Kass' mental state? Do you think it's believable?

I'm not sure what to say about this. Kass' mental state doesn't seem all that relevant in this arc. She's doubtful and anxious about possibly having EXCES. I understand that and it's certainly believable. No one wants to have a fatal disease.
    What is your impression of Madison?

She's very mysterious and doesn't seem to have things together. It's hard to answer these questions with my knowledge of how things work out, but I remember being really curious about Madison and what happened to her.
    What did you think about the introduction and incorporation of townies? (i.e. Dr. Bachelor, Abe Finkel, Ansel Erickson, Bert Alto, Morgana Wolff?) Do you like/dislike the other characters? If you've played other Sims games or even read some lore, you'll know certain characters have 'different' stories in mine than in the original gameplay. Do you mind?

I love love love this part of your story. It was so cool to see all of these familiar Sunset Valley townies show up. I like a lot of them. I think dr. Bachelor is my favourite. I don't mind you giving your own spin on the townies' stories. The only time I felt mildly uncomfortable was later on in the story with the Goth family because I've only seen them portrayed so differently. Cassandra for example is known for being super shy and your Cassandra was definitely not shy.
    How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? What about Kass' first day of her internship?

Kass' night at the Java Jolt was a disappointment turned mildly amusing. I felt so sad when Davis didn't show up but I'm glad Kass managed to turn it around a little by learning a new recipe. She made the best of a terrible situation. And wow, Kass' first day at her internship was a mess. It happens to the best of us though. She'll learn to be better at her job with time and to not fight with people in her building.
    Any predictions or thoughts about Clark at this point?

Because of someone else's comments on your blog, I started thinking Clark might be an undercover cop. So that was my prediction. I really wasn't sure what to think of him and didn't like him.
  • Options
    Arc 8
    There's certainly a lot going on in her head and I think for some parts that more girls (or even guys) have these kind of problems going on in their head. She struggles a lot with a lot of problems but can't seem to put the pieces into place by herself. She really needs someone to talk to but she doesn't want to take that turn yet. That's a huge step of course, but I hope she takes it eventually.

She looked so hopeless when I saw her lying in that bed. Is Kass going to investigate?? xD I really want to know what happened with Madison.

What did you think about the introduction and incorporation of townies? (i.e. Dr. Bachelor, Abe Finkel, Ansel Erickson, Bert Alto, Morgana Wolff?) Do you like/dislike the other characters? If you've played other Sims games or even read some lore, you'll know certain characters have 'different' stories in mine than in the original gameplay. Do you mind?
    For me personally, those are all just names. I don't know the names from the game because I never really payed attention to townies until Brent Hecking came into my own game xD I don't dislike the characters but I just don't know them, so I can be like 'who's that?', but I think you did a good job at introducing them all a little bit so I don't keep reading with that thought.

How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home?
    While I was reading, I literally said in myself 'whoa, that's some next level being in the wrong place at the wrong time' with all those guys coming to her when she really didn't want that. The texting-bit was weird. It got me by surprise. Who's he working for???? Clark? xD

What about Kass' first day of her internship?
    Yikes. I had mornings like her where I woke up way too late and needed to rush soooo hard that I almost didn't make it because I was rushing. At first I thought the day would be okay after that, but that was before the girl in pink came in the picture. That really got to her, oof. Like I said, she really needs someone to talk to.

I have no idea but I started thinking he's spying on the girl by other people (for example that Ian-guy, I think more sneaky people will follow). But then again, I can be totally wrong xD
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @AdamsEve1231

Arc 8
    Kass has got so much happening in her life that she’s always thinking of something. Never having a proper moment for herself. Imo in the whole of Arc 8 she’s always on the run to the next big event and from each event she accumulates more and more questions so it’s no wonder that she’s stressed out, spent and late for her first day of internship. :sweat_smile: The events and your detailed writing of the suspicion, confusion, fear and moods that affect her are very believable.
    Madison and Kass aren’t close, and Madison felt like a very private or reserved person, or since she’s in an unhealthy relationship, she could simply be withdrawn and her personality subdued. With the way she kept asking for Gage without telling Kass anything, she’s definitely more comfortable around Gage. She got Gage’s number so I’m wondering why she needed Kass to organise a hangout for all of them. Maybe she’s the kind that are assertive around others but shy to make a move with her crush? I guess I’ll find out during their hang out.
    I personally don’t have much opinion on whether someone decides to use premades or not in their story. The only things I remember from sims 3 townies are that the patriach of the Alto family has the snob trait, and that Morgana Wolff is considered beautiful. So yeah, they seem like characters to be used in stories.
    How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? What about Kass' first day of her internship?
    Kass definitely had quite a night. There was a lot going on. Stood up, meeting Zelda, Abe, information about Madison and Gage, getting hit on by drunkards, meeting Ansel, knowing about Bella, and finally Ian Bowler and his mystery boss. For me it was hard to process everything because I was getting to know a lot of new characters in one setting. I’m sure it’ll all be relevant later but wow. I’m assuming Kass felt the same too since she slept in after. I would describe her night as… eventful and interesting but tiring, creepy, weird, and disappointing because of Davis. I don’t think she viewed any of that night’s events positively either.

Her first day is just as dramatic. I was surprised that Morgana felt she needed to confront Kass because of what Kass saw.. which to me was nothing. But I suppose if you’re famous, any little thing you do can be misconstrued and she didn’t want that. She must bribe a lot of people lol. That won’t be the end of it though, I’m pretty confident Morgana will speak to her again.
    Erm.. I don’t have much predictions of him. I think I told you in comments that I think everything is connected, Clark, her dad, Ian. Yeah. That’s as far as I am in that area.
  • Options
    Arc 9
    What are your thoughts about Gage and Kass' friendship at this point?
    I have the feeling Kass forgot for a moment that all these things were happening while she was with Gage that night. She sounded so peaceful for once, like everything just faded away. Hey, I just still have hope that those two will get together xD

Were you surprised by the 'item' Kass found in her mamma's room?
    I don't know what to think about that, to be honest. At first I thought it was normal. Okay, I don't have a gun under my bed or something but I can imagine people hiding things like guns or clubs or... Big chewing bones for dogs (those things work like clubs and I've known people having that as defence xD) under their bed, but then Amy CALLED Clark and I didn't understand it in the slightest. What was that call about, then? What does Amy know? I'm so confused right now.

How did you feel about Amy's reaction to Kass/Gage?
    Amy is overreacting in my eyes, but maybe that's because I wasn't raised that way. I had such rules until I hit the age of 16 and after that, my parents didn't really mind anymore. For them I came to an age where those things were acceptable, so I do think Amy is overreacting a little bit since Kass is already 18 and omg, it's Gage. You've known him for ages!

What about Carina/Andi's confrontation?
    Carina is so much like her mom, and it's bothering me so much xD Andi said she's almost 16, so in my head I was like 'come on man, she's almost 16, leave her be. You're supposed to cover your sisters in times like this, not snitch them.'. I don't have sisters myself, but my brother and I covered each other a lot when we were going somewhere we weren't supposed to. I just can't get why Carina would be like this. Is she jealous? Because in that case, that's low. I feel sorry for Andi.

Did you like the 'memory lane' chapter with some backstory on the girls?
    It was nice to read a little memory of Kass and her sisters.

Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool? ;)
    Nonna is so nice to Kass <3 I loved every bit of that chapter. It was a calm chapter, I needed that after all what happened. But then the big boom named Davis came into the picture. Guess the relaxing reading part is over when I continue reading. I did like the surprise, I really didn't think that would happen. I actually thought 'oh my, what if Clark is the new gardener?' but Davis? Nope, didn't see that one coming xD
  • Options
    Arc 9
    What are your thoughts about Gage and Kass' friendship at this point?

There has been no point where I liked their friendship. I think they're a horrible match together and it's best if they both moved on. I think there's too much going on between them to keep being friends.
    Were you surprised by the 'item' Kass found in her mamma's room?

Absolutely! It confirmed something was fishy with Clark and I couldn't believe Amy covered for him like that. Who wants an item like that lying around in their bedroom?
    How did you feel about Amy's reaction to Kass/Gage? What about Carina/Andi's confrontation?

I felt like Amy was overreacting. Kass has been friends with Gage for years and I assume Amy knows him well too. I don't get why she would suddenly get so angry about a simple childhood friend. I don't think I can relate because I've never had a curfew or rules like 'no boys'.

Regarding the Carina/Andi confrontation, I think Carina was just being a big sister and caring about Andi although I do think it wasn't justified. Andi seems to be more of an adult than Cari and she would have been fine on her own.
    Did you like the 'memory lane' chapter with some backstory on the girls?

I love a good flashback chapter. It was good to see the girls when they were younger. Your flashbacks and interludes are my favourite.
    Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool? ;)

Nonna was so welcoming to Kass and it warmed my heart that she had a place to go to when things are bad at home. And I did not expect Davis to be the new caretaker in the poolhouse. You already told me in the comments that you used this situation after Davis randomly showed up and I love that the game surprised you like that.
  • Options
    Arc 10
    Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis?
    Absolutely triggered. I didn't like it at all xD Why of all places there?! And why is Kass so easily going with it??? YOU STOOD THERE FOR ALMOST AN HOUR AND HE DIDN'T SHOW UP. Sorry, it really made me mad.

Did you feel Davis' explanation was sufficient for why he didn't show up earlier? Or did you want more?
    I don't really care if his explanation was sufficient, phuh. If I was Kass, I would have slapped him in the face from the moment I saw him xD! But okay, I need to admit, his explanation was good. Hopefully it was true BECAUSE ELSE I'M GOING CRAZY. One chance, Davis. One chance.

Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response. :)
    I started as #TeamGage and I'm still #TeamGage. Part of the hope I had for Gage flowed away just now because of the way Kass handled this situation with Davis but the other part is still here. I secretly hope that Davis is a 'bad guy', which Kass doesn't want in her life with all the drama going on. xD But then I fear that he isn't and we're stuck with Davis and Gage's heart will be broken. </3
  • Options
    Arc 10
    Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis?

I was shocked he showed up where he did. I didn't know what to feel about him at this point. He didn't show up for Kass, but I wasn't willing to write him off completely yet. I also wasn't as much of a fan of Davis as I turned out to be later. I guess I'm pretty neutral on his reintroduction. I was willing to wait out his explanation.
    Did you feel Davis' explanation was sufficient for why he didn't show up earlier? Or did you want more?

I found his explanation sufficient and believable but I wish he'd found some way to contact her instead of going home and having to see Kass randomly show up.
    Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response. :)

Still team Davis. I was still willing to give him and Kass a chance and I've never liked Gage so he was never an option for me.
  • Options
    Arc 11
    I introduce more 'politics' in these chapters. Do you feel they add to the story or take away?
    For me they take away the story, but that's just because I have absolutely nothing with politics in any form. That's just me, not you. Must admit that I read it over pretty quickly until the actual story went on.

Did you enjoy Kass' late night rendezvous at the Jolt with a certain someone?
    With a certain someone :D I'm still not over my Davis struggles, but I'm in the mood again to give him a chance. Proof yourself wrong to me, Davis Lamar. Maybe I'll start to like you in the next arc. xD

What are your thoughts about the 'surprise visitor' Kass found at her home?
    Nice cliffhanger! Can't wait to find out about it in the next arc. But that's something for tomorrow.