Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Prefer to Play The Sims- Vanilla/Mods/CC?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    CC
    Torn between choosing CC and CC and mods. CC items are a staple to my game and I never play without them and I have a few mods in my game but I don't play with heavy mods like SOL, wicked, npcc, etc.
  • username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    Cc bothers me (in my game) Doesn’t feel right.

I generally prefer to only use a default skin replacement. But I can still make nice sims without it and I only use Maxis match skin replacements.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    Mods & CC
    I have several mods installed but I literally only have one cc and that's the default skin replacement.
  • nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    Vanilla
    I play TS4 completely vanilla but then I'll get into a specific mood, spend 5 hours downloading Custom Content, play with it for exactly one day, and switch back to vanilla. This happens about once a year. Back with TS3 I never played without CC once I found out it existed. :D
  • ElderSimChildElderSimChild Posts: 38 Member
    Vanilla
    I have only used mods or cc in Sims1 and Sims2. I have only played vanilla in Sims3 and Sims4.
  • CharityCodesCharityCodes Posts: 56 Member
    Mods
    Mods definitely because I like to make them too. I'm a software engineer for my day job. I haven't used CC yet because I haven't seen a reason to. New hair, clothes or items don't really appeal to me.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Vanilla
    I play on console so I cant have mods but I dont want them because the game is fine how it is
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    CC
    I have played with Mods but most of the time they don't work playing with CC is the best I can't play my game without it the stuff EA makes is so boring and most of it I dont' even use in my game except maybe some furniture. They add these silly little objects that are of no use, why I go on TSR and look at what other people make and their work is fantastic. The clothes have improved in sim 4 but they have a long way to go why I go on and get CC clothing it is so much better.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I never felt I HAD to play with mods until Sims 4, but the game is literally unplayable and hollow without them. Sims 3 I had a few mods because I wanted them and they added to my game, Sims 4 I can’t play for more than 20 minutes without mods.
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    Vanilla
    As someone who has been playing The Sims since The Sims 1 I have always played the game vanilla I have used mods but I just didn't like it :) it damaged and slowed down my computer and game so much that I decided to not use mods and personally I still have fun playing The Sims 4 without mods.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Vanilla
    2 things. I am lazy and the endless update dance would drive me nuts. Also I am a tightwad. I paid too much for my machine to risk 3rd party content. Yes I know that most of it is safe but with my luck I would download that one piece of infected or corrupt cc or mod and kill my PC.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Vanilla
    Vanilla. I'm afraid once I open that particular Pandora's box o' stuff I'll go nuts adding more and more content which would overload my poor 6 year old laptop, which I cannot afford to update/replace. I'm paranoid about my machine. Plus, I'd find updating things all the time too annoying.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    edited September 2020
    The more I like a game, the more I find mods to explore different areas of it. Some mods are necessary to fix problems the devs never get to, but more just add to it. My favorite part of TS4 is that the available mods change the NATURE of the game....though some of them I can't mention here. XD
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    CC
    I CC Maxis BB items because they just don't match each other. I also have some other CC, mainly bathroom and kitchen decor and clutter.
    Happy simming!
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Mods & CC
    For the longest time, I played TS4 vanilla but it got to a point that I wanted more hair, clothes, makeup, etc. I also like mods that help the game too, like MCCC and some that dampen the constant happy buff. I like cc and mods in TS3 but mostly cc. Vanilla is fine but I prefer not going back to it if I can help it.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Mods & CC
    TS1 - light cc
    TS2 - heavily modded (MATY mods) for realistic game play, heavily CC'd
    TS3 - vanilla (I used to play for the quest alone, now I just open the game to zoom lots and rabbit holes for my 3t2 Sunset Valley conversion)
    TS4 - light cc (would love sanity mods, but mods seem to break too much in this game, so I have the ikea stuff pack conversion cc and the nude patch--that's all)
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Mods & CC
    I play on The Sims 3, so Mods, with a bit of CC (The two CC hairstyles and the werewolf CC my sister downloaded a while back) but most of the Mods are there to fix routing issues and a general cleanup (I have Traveler and Porter installed too, the former as I tend to end up with either the Household Funds emptied or Clones while on holiday).
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Mods & CC
    Long story short I'm addicted to cc. It has replaced my real life shopping addiction and has saved me tons of money since it's free 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited September 2020
    Mods & CC
    When it comes to aesthetics like lighting, skintones and eyes, defaults are a must for me in both 3 and 4. I simply don’t enjoy 3’s skins, and I like having vibrant eyes with more details (I also just really like brntwaffle’s frozen lighting; I try to replicate it in my art all the time). While I sort of like the eyes in 4; its cancelled out by the butt-ugly lighting and horrid skintones for all Sims, but black Sims admittedly get the worst of it. I tend to play pretty vanilla otherwise, happy with Store Content and EP/SP content in 3 and what 4 also brings. However as my gaming desktop arrives next week, I am looking forward to playing as CC heavy as I used to when I was young and stealing my mom’s laptop. So much pretty content- and I hate the sterile, plastic look of the Sims 4!

When it comes to gameplay, however, I have very few gameplay mods for 3. Majority of my mods are cosmetic and those that aren’t are little fixes more than anything else, like allowing you to write thank-you notes after a wedding. NRaas mods are a must for me; playing multi generational saves without Master Controller, Errortrap, Overwatch, Register and SP is simply not an option without pudding-faced Sims overrunning your town or save corruption. I’d recommend these mods even if you only tend to build and play test them in 3.

With the Sims 4, however, gameplay mods are a must for me as the game itself is simply unplayable. Routing issues are everywhere, multitasking is invasive and Sims just don’t listen- and when it comes to the gameplay itself, it’s boring and lackluster without Mods like Slice of Life (and of course, I’ve already mentioned the skintone stuff).

For me, both games require modding, although one requires it a lot more heavily than the other. While at the moment I’ve been playing with vanilla content for both games and mods to make the gameplay better (until my old laptop died, that is), I am excited for when I can doll up my Sims with CC again :). If I had to choose one game to play without any mods, however, it’d have to be the Sims 3. I spent my first few years of that game not even knowing an online community existed, what’s another few decades? :lol:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Mods & CC
    TS1 - never played
    TS2 - never played (but want to)
    TS3 - cc and mods
    TS4 - will NEVER play.

Reason why I play with b***loads of cc

no-CC
    RiverMcIrish_originalEA.jpg

CC...
    Screenshot-69.jpg

The River I played with in my Legacy.
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Screenshot-100.jpg
    half-Asian/half-Caucasian baby - red hair. Genetics...go figure. Mommy and Brianna.

That's the reason why I play with CC.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    both it depends on how I feel
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Mods
    I used more CC in TS3. In TS4 I use a few tuning mods, but not many. The only CC I use is reskins of Maxis-created apparel, replacing alphabetic text with Simlish letters. I don't care to have readable text on my Sims. So technically both... but really, only a few mods.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Mods & CC
    Sims 2 I use a good bit of CC, but only a few mods, nothing that changes the gameplay, as I don't think it needs changing.
    Sims 3 I use the least amount of CC, I mean you can customize just about everything, no real need for CC, but I use NRAAS mods heavily, including Story Progression as I don't like the games version of it.
    Sims 4 I use a lot of CC and a lot of mods that change and expand the gameplay.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I always play with mods and cc but it's always been an optional for me, except for TS4 mods is mandatory and it's just a bandaid, though when it comes to cc i always use maxis match for any the sims game as i didnt like everything that is out of place (alpha ccs)
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Vanilla
    I play the sims 2 vanilla, The sims 3 with mods and cc, but might go back to playing vanilla (Haven't played vanilla since I discovered Nraas), and the sims 4 I go back and forth. Right now I'm playing vanilla. I just delete my mods folder.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".