Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving sim to new town (through library)

Hello folks. I'm considering moving town with my sims. I know you can use the real estate but I was considering just using a copy in the library. I am wondering, however. In both cases, do I get to keep what's in their inventory and family inventory? Ive got some stuff I want them to bring alon, both furniture and other things. Will I be able to use the inventory/family inventory if I am moving them to the library and into a new town?

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Hey @shakeninsane ...
    If you save to library, the household and everything in the family inventory stays intact for that household.

However ... Moving multiples around, you can possibly end up with breaks in small stuff like relationships in family trees.
    There are mods you can use the better facilitate multiple household moves, or easier moves between locations.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Thanks! So if I move the family only (not house), the inventory and family inventory goes along into the library? :)

Relationships and family trees are not an issue so far imo, as there is none. Only a married couple +dog.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Thanks! So if I move the family only (not house), the inventory and family inventory goes along into the library? :)

Relationships and family trees are not an issue so far imo, as there is none. Only a married couple +dog.

Oh yeah ... A 'Household' refers to the save, and the Sims in it.

You don't have to actually include the house.
    Anything in the family/household inventory will transfer with the save.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA