Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    my apologies but I am new to this forum and I'm trying to start a new message thread and im seriously brain farting on how to do so!

@Conquerer42,

Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

In order to be able to posts pictures and have an avatar, you first need to become a full member because as of right now you are considered a new member. New members are restricted from starting new threads, posting pictures and links, having an avatar or changing one, sending private messages to other members. In order to become a full member, you will need to have 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums
    A link with a list of badges that gives out points.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges
    And this link is a tutorial on how to use the site.. :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial/p1
    A link for a thread for New Members to introduce themselves to the community.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p1
    I would suggest for all new members to go and read the rules of the site before posting... :)
    A link to Forums Etiquette, Warning/Banning Process and the Forum Rules... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules
    And I would also suggest reading the thread about necroposting as well as there is a rule about it in the rules section. I would also suggest checking the title of thread as well as the location of the thread since we have older Sims games sharing this forum. An example would be if you're a TS4 player and have an issue with the game, please check to make sure that they thread that you have brought up isn't a TS2/TS3. I have provided links at the bottom of this post for "New Members" to be able to posts their issues in.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/946943/necroposting#latest
    For any New members who want to get their post/point count up, the best thing that I would advise you to do is to find threads that may interest you and join in on them or go to the Off Topic section and join in on some of the word/story games over there. The posts made over in the forum section will go towards your post count whereas the posts made on your wall and the Activity Feed doesn't go towards the total post count. The only thing that you will get if you should make any post over on your wall or Activity Feed will be any Insightfuls, Likes or Awesomes as they will go towards your total points count. Hopefully creating your posts on other threads will also increase your points... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories
    And for anyone who may have any issues with TS3, here's the link for New Members to post their TS3 issues in.
    Sims 3 issues
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version#latest
    The EA team has moved The Sims 4 Help Center section to the Answers HQ Forums now. The Sims 4 Help Center section on this forum is now "Read Only". So you will need to click on this link if you have any issues that you want to report to EA and hopefully get the help that you need... :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    And for name changes, you can request them on either @Rtas or @EA_Leeloo page... :)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    my apologies but I am new to this forum and I'm trying to start a new message thread and im seriously brain farting on how to do so!

You will need to post in existing threads at first. Comment constructively. Eventually you will be a member. Don't do what I did when new, I revived an old topic from 2015 for my first post, lol ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LadyZombie2010LadyZombie2010 Posts: 5 New Member
    After 5 hours of fussing with Origin and sims 3 I have finally decided to say goodbye and move on to Sims 4! I just bough it for $5 and I am very excited but nervous because I have never played it before. Can anyone give me pointers and tell me how/where to get cc and is there a sims 4 store like for sims 3?
  • PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member
    Having my account since 2012, but still a new member :neutral:
    Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    MariaRosaK wrote: »
    Having my account since 2012, but still a new member :neutral:

You need 15 comments and 3 more points and to get 5 points there is an easy to get badge and all you need to do is mention nobody's name like this @mariarosaria
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    edited August 2020
    After 5 hours of fussing with Origin and sims 3 I have finally decided to say goodbye and move on to Sims 4! I just bough it for $5 and I am very excited but nervous because I have never played it before. Can anyone give me pointers and tell me how/where to get cc and is there a sims 4 store like for sims 3?

@LadyZombie2010

There is no sims 4 store and this should explain CC
    https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Mods-Installation-How-Troubleshooting#:~:text=To do this, go to,be there and working perfectly!
    And this recommends CC
    https://sims-online.com/the-best-custom-content-websites-for-the-sims-4/
    Post edited by Cavapoo_King on
  • ChristineBallerineeChristineBallerinee Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi new friends, all these comments have been so helpful, and there are so many! Around the time we all were forced into our shells I bought sims city complete edition, so I have that and sims 3. I was curious if anyone also plays those two so maybe I can add friends to my account and we can multiplayer.
    I’m still learning the rules here so if I’m out of bounds I apologize in advance.
    Happy playing!
  • CAMFAM2018CAMFAM2018 Posts: 23 Member
    I wish when I first got The Sims 4, I didn't spend HOURS looking through tons and tons of CC online! Especially because I ended up getting tired of re-enabling CC after every update and eventually I simply deleted all of the CC! I think my game's doing a lot better CC-free!
    😻CAMFAM2018
  • chelsea211chelsea211 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, my origin updated and i now have new locations in willow creek such as foundry cove, courtyard lane, pendula view and more but i can’t access them. how can i access them? thanks
    chelsea211 wrote: »
    Hello, my origin updated and i now have new locations in willow creek such as foundry cove, courtyard lane, pendula view and more but i can’t access them. how can i access them? thanks

They just added a description to the neighborhood areas. There is no new places.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

They just added a description to the neighborhood areas. There is no new places.

Those have been around for a while though, right?
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

Fairly recently in a patch.
    The 'newer' worlds have had it for a long time, they added it it to the old worlds.

There is a 'typo' in this. No big deal. ;)
    "and the best high society as to offer."
    instead of:
    "and the best high society has to offer."
    7HNeE8u.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

The 'newer' worlds have had it for a long time, they added it it to the old worlds.

instead of:
    7HNeE8u.png

I've been playing for about a month - I noticed that typo too 😬

instead of:
    7HNeE8u.png

I have been playing or 6 months and I didnt notice

instead of:
    7HNeE8u.png

Has it been around as long as 6?

instead of:
    7HNeE8u.png

Has it been around as long as 6?

Nope
  • CAMFAM2018CAMFAM2018 Posts: 23 Member
    Tip: Want adorable family photos and selfies to stand on your Sims' nightstands?
    Here's how:
    1.Use a Sim's phone to "Take Selfie," "Take Photo of", "Take Photo with," or "Take Photo."
    2.Drag the photo from the Sim's inventory onto a Surface such as a nightstand or table.
    3.Replace and reorganize to find the perfect spot to display and decorate with cute and fun pics of your Sims or whatever else they like to photograph! :*
    😻CAMFAM2018
    edited August 2020
    CAMFAM2018 wrote: »
    Tip: Want adorable family photos and selfies to stand on your Sims' nightstands?
    Here's how:
    1.Use a Sim's phone to "Take Selfie," "Take Photo of", "Take Photo with," or "Take Photo."
    2.Drag the photo from the Sim's inventory onto a Surface such as a nightstand or table.
    3.Replace and reorganize to find the perfect spot to display and decorate with cute and fun pics of your Sims or whatever else they like to photograph! :*

Great advice!
    To add to that, buy an actual camera in-game for your sims and you can also zoom in and out better, plus take medium and large photos.
    Also an actual camera improves the sim's photography skill much faster.
    But either way, just taking lots and lots of photos builds up the skill relatively fast anyways.

I usually take 5 of the same in a row, then maybe another 5, then, well etc. That way you get some good quality photos and can scrap the rest.

On a side note, you should go into your screenshots folder and delete most of the photos that are also copied there as screenshots. Otherwise your screenshot folder fills up with hundreds, then thousands of 'spam' photo-screenshots.

(In-game photos are not connected to the screenshot folder so deleting any or all there will not affect in-game photos)

EDIT: To use the camera instead of the phone, go to the sim's inventory to use it from there. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• CharityCodesCharityCodes Posts: 56 Member
    I've been playing for over a year, but just found these forums. I wish I bothered to look up a build tutorial when I first started. I didn't know you could move things off the grid by using alt (option on mac), bb.moveobjects on, how to place roofs, raising or lowering an object using the 9 and 0 keys and so many other things that are very basic about building.
  • SpookyGnomesSpookyGnomes Posts: 31 Member
    I'm excited to see all of this advice! I've been playing the Sims since it first came out. I feel like a noob compared to everyone else. Everyone makes such amazing builds and amazing sims. I'm going to try my hand at working harder to better my gaming experience.
  • HappyrosesimsHappyrosesims Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you so much, I'm from sweden so I'm not that good at english. I hope simmers here will understand me anyway^^. xoxo
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    > @EA_Mai said:
    > Now that we are staying at home, many new players are discovering The Sims for the first time. We all have been there at some point: our Sims’ first kitchen fire, their first bladder failure... many amusing and surprising moments to live!
    >
    > But I think it’s safe to say all of us also looked at our first Sims at some point and wondered: ‘What do I do with you?’
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > To all of you who have been playing this ‘virtual dollhouse’ for a while now: let’s welcome new players by helping them discover what makes The Sims special and showing them what’s so great about this game: the community!:
    >
    > What are the things you wished you had known when you were getting started with The Sims?
    > Share your tips, resources and expertise below!
    >
    >
    > To all of you who are new to The Sims: read, enjoy, and welcome to the party! You can also ask your gameplay questions in this thread - no question is too basic, we have all been there. No judgement here! :)

As a Simmer who has been playing The Sims since The Sims 1 the things I wished a learned before playing The Sims is how interactive and fun this community is! I have met some amazing Simmers in real life and on the forums and have also been a very active member on Twitter since The Sims 4 came out! I also wished I learned how hard it would have been to look after your Sims in The Sims 1 and 2 as their needs would lower so fast and I was scared they would die XD a tip for any new Simmer is deffo talk and interact with the community as you could find some awesim new Simmer friends to talk all things about The Sims! Another tip when playing The Sims is to do challenges and spice your game up every now and then as it really makes the game fun and interesting as you can make all kinds of stories like cheating stories, kids without a parent, a single mother, a mother or father who adopt and so much more. The Sims can be a little dry if you keep playing the same story so spicing it will make the game feel brand new and may even make you more attached to your Sims as you will get involved with their stories.

I hope you have a great time playing The Sims and I would love to hear how you guys are getting on and what version of The Sims you are playing as there are many versions of the game like The Sims 1, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims Freeplay, The Sims Moblie, The Sims Medieval, The Sims 1 console version, The Sims Bustin Out, The Urbz Sims in the City, MySims and more! I would say play all these games as it will give you a taste of what The Sims was like back in the day.
  • Allie281260Allie281260 Posts: 5 New Member
    :) Hello everyone, I'm Allie from the UK, I'm married with 2 adult disabled kids at home. I'm a recent wheelchair user (for the last 12 years)
    I've been playing The Sims4 for about 2 years, and I love doing interior design. I'm rubbish at builds and roofing. I always credit creators, I really get annoyed when I see someone's build being uploaded and no credit given.
    I love playing The Sims.
    I'm looking forward to making new friends - I already know @Shaymantha @nanahlucky @tulkak and a few others, I would name them but they have numbers in their ID's and I can't remember them - I'm old!!
    I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and Happy Simming to you all xxxx
  • Tweety90Tweety90 Posts: 21 Member
    Hello all, I'm new here! :)
    I loved The Sims games for years, especially 2 and 4.
    I have a passion for building houses, furnishing rooms, decorating, etc ... I would never stop lol,
    given the vast possibilities that the game offers!
    I hope to make new friends and be able to share my projects too :)
    :) Hello everyone, I'm Allie from the UK, I'm married with 2 adult disabled kids at home. I'm a recent wheelchair user (for the last 12 years)
    I've been playing The Sims4 for about 2 years, and I love doing interior design. I'm rubbish at builds and roofing. I always credit creators, I really get annoyed when I see someone's build being uploaded and no credit given.
    I love playing The Sims.
    I'm looking forward to making new friends - I already know @Shaymantha @nanahlucky @tulkak and a few others, I would name them but they have numbers in their ID's and I can't remember them - I'm old!!
    I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and Happy Simming to you all xxxx

Hi Allie l, I'm from the uk too and I am rubbish at sims interior design but I am fairly good at exterior I hope you enjoy the forums