Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MySims Legacy Challenge **Last Updated (3/26/2023)**

Comments

• Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Skeilah wrote: »
    alexis3142 wrote: »
    I'm currently at generation 3 and I enjoy this challenge so much. I did change my Generation 3 a little bit:

- Young Adult career: Student
    - Adult career: Writer (author branch) - is still the same

So basically the Sim of generation 3 enrolls Uni, but not just some degree. I added these goals:

- Get accepted into the Language & Literature Distinguished Degree
    - Graduate with a Language & Literature Distinguished Degree

So far so good. It's definitely not easy, but I'm enjoying the change for sure. I'm thinking about enrolling more generations into university, but I'm not sure which ones. Maybe the generations that have no collections to complete and generations that have an adult-job with a matching distinguished degree.

I'm also keeping track of your changes while playing the challenge, because some of them really make it more fun (like Violet's generation being vampire-focussed. I've also been thinking about that so I'm so glad that you're making that change!!).

I just saw this!
    I think that's a really good idea! I actually did the same for gen 3, my sim went to Uni for Language and Literature!! I never really thought about it but what I could do is look at some of the generations for careers that might need degrees (or don't have many skills/collections) and have them go to University as an option that's a really great idea!
    I'm glad you like the Violet generation!! I also really wanted it to focus around vampires, this morning I was about to play but then I was like ehhhhhh lets do some changes, and here we are now 4-5 hours later lmao.

I would LOVE that! <3 I'm not really looking into it now because I start watching at the goals if the next generation comes closer (so now I'm looking at generation 4 but I think that generation is just fine, so I don't think I'm going to change anything about that one), but if I bump into something sometimes, I'll definitely let you know!

I was actually so sad that the first vampire-focused generation was generation 14, so I'm glad that it's now generation 6!

Hahahahah yeah, once you begin to change, there's no end to it xD

There really is no end xD cause there's just so many things that could help improve! I'm actually going through right now and looking at guides for the degrees and careers! I'm going to put the going to University as "optional" because Idk if everyone wants to do it, but I definitely do, thank you for making this suggestion it is so perfect!!!!
    I've found that for like generation 10, Chaz is a professional athlete, but the degree associated with the athletic career is Biology! (However its for the other branch... BUT if you are a part of the soccer team you then get that boost like you would for a degree!! so it's perfect!)
    And for generation fifteen Jenny, her career is an esports gamer, so and the degree for tech guru is computer science (but just like the other one, the degree is associated with the entrepreneur branch, but if you are a part of the esports team you get that career boost!)
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I've seen the one for Chaz and actually added that one to my own challenge already, indeed. I didn't specify the distinguished degree but specified it as 'Enroll University with a Distinguished Degree and participate in the Soccer Team Player', but Biology is a fair option! Same for Jenny! Woooo we're on the same length on this one, I like that!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    I've seen the one for Chaz and actually added that one to my own challenge already, indeed. I didn't specify the distinguished degree but specified it as 'Enroll University with a Distinguished Degree and participate in the Soccer Team Player', but Biology is a fair option! Same for Jenny! Woooo we're on the same length on this one, I like that!

xD I love it! Great minds think alike!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    Yay!
    I figured for today I would do a recap of the changes that I made! I look forward to hearing more of everyone's feedback, and thank you all for being so supportive and helpful! I am so glad you guys love this challenge it makes me so happy!
    • Added Optional University Addition to generations that have a career or skills that correspond with a degree. These are optional, you don't have to go to University, some generations may have a lot of collections to complete, or skills to master, so it's up to you to decide if you want your sim to attend.
    • Added a second option/path/route or whatever to Generation Six: Violet which focuses on the Good Vampire and Vampire Family Aspirations. I left the original/regular version of generation in case people don't want to play with Vampires, so you can choose either it doesn't matter!
    • Added a new banner/sign/picture thing! haha! I hope you guys like it!
      FFi2wVn.png
    • Added 4 Extra/Optional Generations based on various MySims characters! You can find them at the bottom of the original post as well as at the bottom of the Google Doc!
      1. **added Officer Ginny
      2. **added Professor Nova
      3. **added Alexa Lexington
      4. **added Ms. Nicole Vogue
    • Edited the required skills for different generations
    • Swapped some traits and aspirations for some generations (I can't even remember which ones haha!)
    So yeah! I think that's it! I hope you guys like the changes and edits that I made! And I'm also planning on sharing some screenshots of my gameplay later on or tomorrow! Let me know if you have any questions/feedback/or ideas!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    These new gens sound terrific, @Alexis365 Must get back to them. Had a bit of a break with having to put my mum in a place for her dementia, so haven't had a lot of extra time, but that is the beauty of this comp you can take your time. <3

• Options
    These new gens sound terrific, @Alexis365 Must get back to them. Had a bit of a break with having to put my mum in a place for her dementia, so haven't had a lot of extra time, but that is the beauty of this comp you can take your time. <3

No worries Jen! I'm sorry I just saw this and got back to you! I don't want anyone to ever feel like they have to keep playing its no worries! Real-life stuff matters most, and I hope your mom is doing alright I'm so sorry to hear about that!

I also wanted to let everyone know I will be checking in periodically, I just moved back on campus for my junior year (hopefully everything goes smoothly fingers crossed!) I'll be focusing a bunch on school since I won't have a ton of time for sims :( so I'm glad I made a bunch of edits and updated while I had the time! If a new expansion or anything crazy awesome comes out I'll make sure to keep things updated! I'll try to keep pinging the thread and posting other places to gauge more interest haha. But I hope everyone is doing well! And please don't feel afraid to contact me if ya need me!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    Hi guys I hope everyone is doing well and safe! I've been back home for a little bit now from college, so I figured while I'm on break I could update this as a new pack is out! I have some options for what I think I could do!
    1. Add a second path/option to the Lyndsey generation (11)
    2. Change up the Yuki generation (16)
    3. Make another extra/swap out/ optional generation for Snowy Escape

My reasoning/ideas for each
    1. Lyndsey is adventure and travel, she could be interested in the new snowy escape aspiration Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration!
    2. For changing up the Yuki generation (16) as I was reading on the MySims wiki, "Yuki may be Japanese, due to the fact that she wears a kimono-like dress (a kimono being a traditional outfit in Japan) and her name, which means "snow" in Japanese. Her profile in the first game also mentions that she likes watching anime, or Japanese animation." And I thought that was cool! So I could update her generation to go with Snowy Escape!
    3. There is a Yeti MySims character, his name is Paul Wisniewski. Although there are a ton of extra generations already, I don't mind adding more! Because technically you don't have to play all generations, there's no winning this challenge it can be whatever you want it to be!
    Let me know what you guys think! I hope you all are safe and well! I've been playing Sims nonstop these past three days3 and I'm finishing up Chaz McFreely! So I just hit Gen 11 last night and got the achievement for the ten generations! I've found that I lose interest when my family is so rich, so I've been like "starting over" on some generations and putting the money in a vault and putting it in my household inventory and roughing it again xD I hope you guys are doing well! I look forward to hearing from yall! <3
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I'm all for switching up Yuki into something totally new, using Snowy Escape!!! <3 Concidering she may be Japanese (and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Japan), her name means 'snow' and Snowy Escape is all about both, I just get happy vibes from this already! I would for sure include the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer (Location) Aspiration, and then probably Backpacker. And everything that has to do with snow! :P
  • Options
    I'm all for switching up Yuki into something totally new, using Snowy Escape!!! <3 Concidering she may be Japanese (and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Japan), her name means 'snow' and Snowy Escape is all about both, I just get happy vibes from this already! I would for sure include the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer (Location) Aspiration, and then probably Backpacker. And everything that has to do with snow! :P

That's what I'm leaning towards too!! So I'm glad you like that idea!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    alexis3142 wrote: »

That's what I'm leaning towards too!! So I'm glad you like that idea!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I look forward to the update you come up with, and it's a good thing I'm taking my sweet time in gen 1 cause I don't have snowy escape yet xD
  • Options
    I've been playing since May 2020. Currently posting Generation 2 but I'm playing Generation 4 right now. My Generation 5 heir just aged into a teenager. Plenty of time until you get there ;)
  • Options
    I've been playing this challenge since June 2018 xD I am taking my SWEET time.
  • Options
    Hahahahah make that sweet sweet sweet time!
  • Options
    I have no ability to focus on one thing until the end. XD I also got pregnant and moved during that time. And idk... 4 100 baby challenges going and several legacy games. Some other stuff. One completed story since I started writing Sims lits end of 2017 I think?
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Anything you choose is great!! I am on the Dr. F generation and have had their first child - I considered doing the Alexa Lexington gen, but the way I played Dr. F has so far been kind of a mix of both of those - I'd never done the physics/robotics routes ever before, so I just kinda tweaked that generation to work :) Which is why I love this challenge, it's so customizable with no real "consequences" of changing things up.
  • Options
    XD which is a great thing because I started gino as a toddler. And long life span. I just prepped four story posts for him actually. The last one having him age up to teenager :) my challenge can officially begin xD
  • Options
    Hi again! I updated the Yuki generation to revolve around snowy escape (I also updated the google doc to reflect this as well)! So I hope you guys like it! Also, I'm so glad to see that you guys are still enjoying this challenge it really means a lot to me! Everyone plays at their own pace and that's totally ok!
    storyy wrote: »
    Anything you choose is great!! I am on the Dr. F generation and have had their first child - I considered doing the Alexa Lexington gen, but the way I played Dr. F has so far been kind of a mix of both of those - I'd never done the physics/robotics routes ever before, so I just kinda tweaked that generation to work :) Which is why I love this challenge, it's so customizable with no real "consequences" of changing things up.
    I did that as well! I found that when I was playing with Dr. F I ended up doing robotics anyway. Maybe I could just get rid of the Alexa Lexington and move it to the Dr. F generation cause they are so similar, but who knows!

I was also going over past generations just to see if I could come across anything else. For me, Goth Boy's generation feels a little lacking, I was looking on the wiki and it was talking about in some of the games, Goth Boy owned a tattoo parlor, so maybe revolving more around painting would be good?
    I was also looking at Buddy's generation as we don't really have a generation that incorporates the Eco Lifestyle pack. I was looking on the wiki and I found that "Buddy appears in the Wii version of SimCity Creator as the Utilities Advisor for the city." so we could work with that! But let me know what you guys think!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    I've screen shot 4 more chapters of my playthrough I just have to write the story now :3
  • Options
    Ooh ohh I saw a build once for tattoo. They used a spa table like it was the tattoo chair!
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Ooh ohh I saw a build once for tattoo. They used a spa table like it was the tattoo chair!

Tattoo artist would be such a cool career to have, is there one in the sims 3? But even if there isn't one In the sims 4, leaning more towards like artist/painter instead of what it is now! Cause you can do digital art in the sims 4 with the tablet, so I think that would be a neat change!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    Maybe a freelance artist and the story is that you're using the tablet to draw clients tattoos.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Maybe a freelance artist and the story is that you're using the tablet to draw clients tattoos.
    Oh true! That's a great idea!!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    About Goth Boy, isn't he also writing poetry? My idea to make his life more interesting:
    - Keep him gloomy and lonely and creative
    - Keep the aspiration painter extraordinaire
    - Give him back his part-time job as a fast food employee BUT also let him start a business and decorate that one as a tattoo shop, but use the idea of drawing on the tablet and hang those paintings to sell (if that's possible, I never tried this myself hehehe) and if you want, set a goal like 'sell ... paintings (=tattoo sketches) in total in your tattoo shop'.
  • Options
    Oh I like that idea!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top