Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Update] The Sims Spark'd Finale - Discussion with Spoilers!

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Wow! I don’t know why I thought team Cowplant was going to win, it seemed like the judges got more emotional over it. And they really integrated their stories well!

On the other hand, team Llama’s video was also well done and I am so happy for them. They had a lot of strong moments as a whole, and it was fun to see 3 people with such different personalities really come together to create something beautiful.

I enjoyed this show way more than I expected. I hope to see more of it in the future. I like that they were competing from similar levels of experience, and it would even be fun to see some “regular” simmers compete some day on a level playing field as well (could be pretty fun like Nailed It, but hopefully they would get a bit more time! I know I get a lot of benefit from “sleeping on” an idea.)

I also felt like the judges showed a lot of their true selves. Tayla is such a sweetie! I really like Kelsey, too... and it is so cool to get Dave’s perspective on what people do with the game.

My main complaint is that it was too short, it’s already over![/spoilers]
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Aw, my team lost. 😟 Happy for the winning team though and curious to see if Season 2 will happen.
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    I enjoyed the show I just thought it was way too short ... If they have another season (which I hope they do) I would like to see something more like this ....

You have 45 Simmers ... 15 of each Builders, Storytellers, Stylists

Episode 1 - Builders: The 15 builders compete in 2 challenges.
    Each contestant is awarded points from the Judges based on different criteria. Contestants placement win is based on points earned.
    First challenge (Advantage) win gets them an advantage (Advantage options = Guaranteed $1500 cash or and extra 15 minutes in the elimination challenge)
    Second challenge (Elimination) top 5 remain in competition and the rest are eliminated

Episode 2 - Storytellers: The 15 storytellers compete in 2 challenges.
    Each contestant is awarded points from the Judges based on different criteria. Contestants placement win is based on points earned.
    First challenge (Advantage) win gets them an advantage (Advantage options = Guaranteed $1500 cash or and extra 15 minutes in the elimination challenge)
    Second challenge (Elimination) top 5 remain in competition and the rest are eliminated

Episode 3 - Stylists: The 15 stylists compete in 2 challenges.

At this point we have now gotten to see what each one can do and focused on their strengths. We also now have enough contestants for 5 teams. Now teams are determined by random draw.

Episode 4 - Team Round 1
    Second challenge (Elimination) Bottom team eliminated - 4 Teams remain

Episode 5 - Team Round 2
    Second challenge (Elimination) Bottom team eliminated - 3 Teams remain

Episode 6 - Team Round 3
    Second challenge (Elimination) Bottom team eliminated - 2 Teams remain

Episode 7 - Finale

Just a thought. LOL
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    When are they announcing the winners from the Gallery challenge entries?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    When are they announcing the winners from the Gallery challenge entries?

I hope they don't. I couldn't compare and vote fairly, so let's hope they find a good solution for it or just start the voting again with the gallery working properly for the challenge.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Today was supposedly the last day for voting, so probably sometime this week after they eliminate all the entries that broke the ground rules (no custom Gallery shots, etc.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Finally...nightmare is over.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I really liked this last episode. I loved both teams being able to incorporate their personal stories into a video presentation. Both of them made me tear up and I'm so glad a game like The Sims exists to make this possible for many people across the world.
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I watched the last episode (I also watched the first one) and both teams did excellent jobs. Now, would I watch another season? No. IMO, Sims 4 isn't made for this type of challenge.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2020
    I enjoyed the last episode. I wish there had been a consolation prize though.

$100,000 to nothing was not very fair when there was not much in it.

Maybe a first, second and third prize next time? @SimGuruLyndsay, @SimGuruNinja ?
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    When I first heard of this, I wasn't happy about it, because I want the focus on making game content. We don't have cable, but I watched all of them on my phone afterwards. Got to say, I really liked it. Both teams did an excellent job on the last challenge and were so good that I seriously didn't know which one would win. The Llama team was my favorite. It flowed like a real story. The other one was great too and it's story flowed just as good. I do wonder at judging based on emotion or identifying with contestants since it's mostly on skills, but as one of the judges said, when all is near perfect and the same, you have to judge solely on who told the best story in the best way. I also liked that contestants don't necessarily win by basing their work on judges. I think it creates bias in tv contest shows, especially if the work is good. I think all competition shows should also have a no mimicking the judges rule. That way they have to play fair, be creative, and not try to go the uncreative route of using the judges' looks instead of their own creation. Judges will either identify with it in an unfair way, it will touch them because it has their likeness, or it backfires and gets voted against for already stated reasons. Either way, it's a way of messing with voting and creating an unfair advantage for one side going into voting that the other side doesn't have.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yay my team won <3 Congratulations Team
    Llama
    , here have a nice big piece of well deserved simcake :)

8AiD4fE.png
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    So, I just watched the last episode and I don't think the judges voted for who they really liked the most. It seemed as though they only voted for the team they voted for because some people would think it's unfair for a team with a technically voted out member to have won. It looked like they enjoyed the other team's video more but didn't have them win to avoid people being upset with their choice, basically.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    Today was supposedly the last day for voting, so probably sometime this week after they eliminate all the entries that broke the ground rules (no custom Gallery shots, etc.)

We were supposed to vote? That was not clear AT ALL.
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think the teams did good work but feel this show is just designed to test the waters of "how well can we incorporate multiplayer elements into this game?!!". Maybe that's just me though, I just fundamentally disliked how they were trying to turn a peaceful single player game into a tense multiplayer-type challenge that carried over into our gallery. It's just...not the sims we know and love.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2020
    Simburian wrote: »

Maybe a first, second and third prize next time? @SimGuruLyndsay, @SimGuruNinja ?
    I agree, the runners up should have at least gotten participation certificates or hats or T-shirts. And everyone who participated should have received pens, pins or stickers, or maybe plumbob or freezer bunny candy, or mini flags with their team logo on it.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.

I agree, the runners up should have at least gotten participation certificates or hats or T-shirts. And everyone who participated should have received pens, pins or stickers, or maybe plumbob or freezer bunny candy, or mini flags with their team logo on it.

They gave them water bottles.
  • capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member

Just water bottles? That's not very much. They did a lot, just for water bottles? Think that's a bit of a ridiculous prize.

c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png

Just water bottles? That's not very much. They did a lot, just for water bottles? Think that's a bit of a ridiculous prize.

They probably got other branded stuff too and then just didn't publicize it, maybe they get stuff anyway as they are game changers. They still got an all expenses paid trip out of it.
  • capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member

They probably got other branded stuff too and then just didn't publicize it, maybe they get stuff anyway as they are game changers. They still got an all expenses paid trip out of it.

Yeah, an all-expenses paid trip is a pretty good thing, even on it's own ngl.
    c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

I’m sure they got a participation trophy, but it was presented in private to preserve their empathy character value.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

"I participated in spark'd and all I got was this lousy water bottle."