Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - Updated February 3rd

Comments

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    So who exactly are they trying to protect?

I have written a long comment in your block and will release you for repeating it here :)
    But this story is really exciting and has my full attention B)
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    Yay! Beating time!
    Ooh, you're really under the skin here.
    So much went down outside that fateful bathroom door.

You are safe to assume that April's thoughts are honest. And we know she started the fire - whether she fanned the flames or couldn't extinguish them remains your opinion... for now.

Loneliness is key. As is regret.

Lilith is starting to realise that her actions may have driven Caleb away/backed him into a corner/forced him to act. However, in Lilith's mind and perhaps experience, if Caleb had nothing to hide, he would 'let her in'. She's filling in her own blanks, using his long history of messing up against him. She may be right. But maybe the poor guy is reformed and just wants some privacy after 300 years. Maybe he's not even thinking anything. Who knows?

This has been a not-quite-as-vague-as-usual response by Snuffy Bucket.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    @MonaSolstraale
    I'm glad you're finding it exciting, even though it's mostly just a bunch of vampires sitting around and arguing. :D
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 22
    So, I don’t know if I am remembering this right, but didn’t Caleb say at some point that he was surprised at April because a human had never willingly offered themselves to him before? I’m starting to think that he spoke the truth there, and that Caleb may just be a very, very lonely man. If that’s true, then perhaps April didn’t even need to be as persuasive as I originally thought. Loneliness and longing make for a killer combination. Especially if the person that’s offering to spend eternity with you is an attractive young girl like April.

Of course, him realizing his mistake and taking charge of the situation afterwards would have been better than him running off and stuffing his head in the sand. But you can’t win them all, can you, Caleb?

And I already commented on the girls's interpersonal relationships, but darn it, I'm doing it again. That was NOT okay. Not from Faith and not from April. You don't manipulate friends for your own interests. Ever. :angry:
    Aaah I'm genuinely angry now. That was a good chapter, Snuffy :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    Yay! Beating time!
    Ooh, you're really under the skin here.
    So much went down outside that fateful bathroom door.

You are safe to assume that April's thoughts are honest. And we know she started the fire - whether she fanned the flames or couldn't extinguish them remains your opinion... for now.

Loneliness is key. As is regret.

Lilith is starting to realise that her actions may have driven Caleb away/backed him into a corner/forced him to act. However, in Lilith's mind and perhaps experience, if Caleb had nothing to hide, he would 'let her in'. She's filling in her own blanks, using his long history of messing up against him. She may be right. But maybe the poor guy is reformed and just wants some privacy after 300 years. Maybe he's not even thinking anything. Who knows?

This has been a not-quite-as-vague-as-usual response by Snuffy Bucket.
    I have no doubts Lilith is acting based on experience, and doubt Caleb has fully "reformed," the problem is if you only expect the worst from someone regardless of what they actually do, you're giving them zero incentive to change - because you are ignoring any of their attempts at change anyway. And then she gets annoyed he's not "letting her in." If she were to be honest with herself, is she letting him in? She doesn't even listen to the parts he does share with her.
    @_sims_Yimi
    He did say that. A very lonely man, indeed.

Ha! Ah Caleb, cold light of day.

No, you most definitely do not treat your friends like that. I do not condone this at all and got so angry writing this, as I have been where Melinda is. Well, not undead and living in a bloodbath nightmare, but close enough. Faith gets a pang of conscience at the end, but the damage has very much been done.

@ThePlumbob
    Bang on. She only hears what she wants. I want to elaborate on the rest, but we're getting into huge spoiler territory now.

Perhaps this: loneliness is as much a product of not hearing others as it is not being heard. I forget who said this. Probably Meatloaf. :D
    Almost Eternal
    You can't run away forever...

Chapter 23 - Foil In The Microwave
    Almost Eternal
    Chapter 23
    Oh dear, that title is very promising XD I think me using “oh dear” as a way to start my comments is slowly becoming a thing, haha.

Hohoo, April didn’t even tell Faith and Melinda that she murdered her mother? Guess she forgot to mention that tiny little detail. This is going to be a great conversation when April and Faith come back from their one-building pub crawl.

“I forgot that you can’t put foil in the microwave! I’m sorry but I really need to go, Mellybean. Your mum’s on fire.”
    The chapter as a whole is pretty sad, but this bit. This bit right here. This had me laughing more than I want to admit. xDDDDDDD

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    Can't all be doom and gloom. And Chuck wasn't going to hang up on his crying daughter unless he really had to, was he? :D
    Almost Eternal
    Oh! I just forgot the detail that Melani has now become aware that April's mother is dead.
    Wonder if she can think of the cause? ....She seems like a pretty sensible girl.

NB: Now I have finally solved my problem with a double Gravatar profile. Maybe it has not confused anyone but myself, but from now on I only have one avatar :smiley:
    @MonaSolstraale
    April did tell the girls she attacked her mother and with her fleeing and Sandy being found with a throat injury, I think it's safe to assume Melinda has figured it out.
    Almost Eternal
  • Unnamed_SunUnnamed_Sun Posts: 16 Member
    Such a great story! I can't wait to see how it goes.
    @Unnamed_Sun
    Thanks! Welcome.
    I don't know where you're up to, but... hold tight. It's a bumpy ride. :D
    Almost Eternal
    edited August 2020
    Please heed the warning on the chapter.
    However subtle it is, if this is not right for you, please skip this one and message me for a chapter summary.

Those who know us the best can hurt us the worst:
    Chapter 24 - Less Dead
    Almost Eternal
    You know what, after reading this chalter I can picture April and Caleb's interactions a bit better (in general, not specificaly in relation to the turning), and I think I could ship it.
    @ThePlumbob
    Can you, now? Still hoping this'll turn into a romance novel, I see. :D You may not be completely disappointed, let's put it that way.
    Almost Eternal
    @ThePlumbob
    Can you, now? Still hoping this'll turn into a romance novel, I see. :D You may not be completely disappointed, let's put it that way.
    You know me, ever the romantic :p
    @ThePlumbob
    Oh so romantic, willing any of these disasters into a relationship. Not shipping 'wimpy vamps' anymore? ;)
    Almost Eternal
    I liked this chapter even though the tone is gloomy :#
    I got an answer to my question regarding what problems Faith and April are getting into and we get to know both Faith and April a little better <3
    @ThePlumbob
    Oh so romantic, willing any of these disasters into a relationship. Not shipping 'wimpy vamps' anymore? ;)
    I'm prone to having conflicting ships :D But if I had to pick one, April and Caleb feel like they could be the perfect kind of trainwreck - I feel like they have a lot in common. Wimpy vamps, other than the fabulous name, would probably be a bit wishy-washy in reality.
    @MonaSolstraale
    Ah good, good. :) The tone picks up with next week's chapters. Monday's is a riot. :D
    Almost Eternal
    @ThePlumbob
    "The perfect kind of trainwreck." So little faith in me... ;) I mean, they do have a lot in common; they could have a love to last eternity.
    Almost Eternal
    Chapter 24
    “Why not?”
    “Because that would be rather foolish of me, wouldn’t it?”

Oooooooooh that venomous disgusting excuse for a *sharpens scythe*
    Oh wait, she’s already dead.
    Still. I have to admire how it doesn’t even take more than a single sentence from this woman to make me hate her even more. :D

April and Caleb together is a disaster waiting to happen, I can feel it. Even with Lilith literally probing his thoughts and April finally coming clean about the whole thing, it’s still not clear what actually happened. I think I say this every chapter, but gods, these girls are in such a mess. :D

On another note, I really liked te pictures of their facial expressions this chapter! You’re getting better and better at this :mrgreen: The smudged makeup was a great visual, too.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited August 2020
    @_sims_Yimi

I was very much looking forward to your thread rant, Yimi. I am not disappointed. :D

Imagine a lifetime of being ruled by Sandy... would you even know which way was up?

A disaster waiting to happen? I don't know why you would think this. It can't all be doom and gloom, remember? And maybe no-one really knows what happened that night, except Sandy. And she's dead so...

A mess? Nah, April told you, it'll all just blow over. :D

Thanks! I'm trying the bung-as-many-screenshots-in-as-I-can method.
    Almost Eternal