Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    edited August 2020
    If you get to level 7 Social Networking, you get an app where you can change the relationship status of two Sims. For instance, do you need to befriend your coworkers? Just use the app! A Sim doesn’t want to be romantic with your Sim? Use the app! Also, to get a five star blog, chat with a Sim first, then do a blog post and repeat. If you get the smartphone moodlet with a frowny face, quit blogging until it disappears. This gets you the transmogrifying app pretty quickly. Also works great with Charisma.
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I didn't know that if your sim has the "Someone to watch over me" moodlet they could call their protector, haven't been able to see what happens or in what instances is useful, because I didn't even know who was the sim watching over my sim... but! how interesting :flushed:

I also didn't know that your sims could perform tricks for tips with the pool table after learning them... like, you can make money! playing pool! :scream:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    If you turn your sound up loud when a student is graduating from University, you can hear the names being announced as the students are apparently walking across the stage. The names are ALMOST real names with with a Sim Twist. Like "Fon Tatherly", Friss Tones, Tecter Haston". Just a letter or two off from a real name. Too funny!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    If you turn your sound up loud when a student is graduating from University, you can hear the names being announced as the students are apparently walking across the stage. The names are ALMOST real names with with a Sim Twist. Like "Fon Tatherly", Friss Tones, Tecter Haston". Just a letter or two off from a real name. Too funny!

All the things in the background of Sims 3, became apparent when I started using headphones playing the game.
    The developers added stuff I wouldn't even think of.

For instance, the refrigerators (at least the high-end ones) are humming when you walk by.
    I mean it's like in a real house, and you can hear the fridge running ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2020
    BlackSand wrote: »
    All the things in the background of Sims 3, became apparent when I started using headphones playing the game.
    The developers added stuff I wouldn't even think of.

For instance, the refrigerators (at least the high-end ones) are humming when you walk by.
    I mean it's like in a real house, and you can hear the fridge running ... :D
    Really? Mine sings to me. Sometimes I stop what I am doing and sing along.
    (sits down and scratches behind ear with hind leg)

I like listening to the teachers in schools giving a lesson and apparently getting confused about what they were supposed to be teaching. Lots of rabbitholes have great sound effects like that, which you can hear when zoomed in. Some of them are a little more mundane than others. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    Really? That's so neat!
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Speaking of sound effects, I love listening to the science teacher at the school blow things up 'Nutty Professor' style. I also like listening to the Military run drills and City Hall politicians arguing. But my favorite one of all is the concert music which plays when your Sims gives a concert, not the Rock-N-Roll music, but the mellow one. If I ever find out where the game is hiding that specific loop, I'm gonna go in and get it >:):D!
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    While working for the ghost hunter, my ghost hunter sim was facing the ghost died from hunger. My sim used moodlet manager to fill the ghost's hunger bar but it failed. Suddenly, the ghost got angry and slapped my sim. Don't use moodlet manager while dealing with a ghost, otherwise, your sim will be slapped.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Your sim can get paid a reward for catching the burglar.
    However, I think it only happens in specific circumstances as I've had lots of burglars but never been paid a reward until recently.

The burglar alarm went off and the cop arrived pretty quickly. The burglar and cop fought, but the cop lost. Before the burglar could run off, my sim fought the burglar and won. The cop then arrested the burglar, and a notification came up saying my sim was being paid a reward for apprehending the burglar.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    On the subject of sound effects, I'd never played with Generations until recently, so I'd never watched a teen sim learn to drive. The sounds coming from the car quite realistic, with the teen repeatedly braking for no reason at all.

It also sounds very much like the teen is driving with one foot on the gas and the other on the brake, an instinct we probably all had before someone told us not to do it.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I just found this out yesterday: If you have a sketchbook in your inventory, you can ask other sims to sketch them or sketch them in the nude! No one has taken my husband sim up on his offer yet (not even his sim wife!) but he keeps asking, anyway :p
    edited August 2020
    StephSteb wrote: »
    I just found this out yesterday: If you have a sketchbook in your inventory, you can ask other sims to sketch them or sketch them in the nude! No one has taken my husband sim up on his offer yet (not even his sim wife!) but he keeps asking, anyway :p

Oh, keep trying. It's even better when the other sim agrees and the artist with the sketchpad takes off their clothes instead of the subject. That is considered by some to be a bug in the game, but many of us think it's more of an example of game developer humor. You know, it's exactly what the artist said they wanted to do... :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Oh, keep trying. It's even better when the other sim agrees and the artist with the sketchpad takes off their clothes instead of the subject. That is considered by some to be a bug in the game, but many of us think it's more of an example of game developer humor. You know, it's exactly what the artist said they wanted to do... :p

@igazor: Giggles, I just spit out a grape I was eating.

If it's winter and your sim is out in the snow, they leave footprints when walking.
    :) Smile!

LOL, I will. The poses the sims strike for just the regular sketching is cracking me up!

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

LOL, I will. The poses the sims strike for just the regular sketching is cracking me up!

And then there's the sketch that looks nothing like the subject at all.

Lol, @Nikkei_Simmer Yeah, his sketch of his wife was a stick figure and I laughed so hard!

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    If the household name has forbidden words (it sometimes may be weird), you can't share it to the launcher. Don't know if there will be differences between the forbidden words in different languages (I use Chinese)

One of my household, The Weirdos, at first I named it 怪人 (means "weirdo"), it can't share to the launcher. I checked the household bio, two members name and bio, the only word that may being forbidden word I can think of is "bomb", I tried to exclude but found not this word. Then I changed the household name to 奇葩 (original means "wonderful work", now also means "weirdo"), it can share.

I recently created a new household, also can't share to the launcher. At first I thought it was the gun boy's name and bio, I tried to exclude but found nothing. I even emptied the two members bio and the household bio, also found nothing. The household's name is the girl's surname (慎/Sin/신), I thought "It's really the household name?"
    Yes, it's really😨
    😶It shocked I turn into stone😶
    Say it again, I use Chinese. The Chinese word 慎 means "cautious". I don't know why so incredible. But Sin's name hasn't become forbidden word
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    If your sim is eating a snow cone, they may drop it!
    :) Smile!

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Lol, @Nikkei_Simmer Yeah, his sketch of his wife was a stick figure and I laughed so hard!

Well... I can't draw worth carp in real life either.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I don’t know why everybody is hating on IF’s. It’s a built in best friend (most do need a traits makeover) and the parents reactions to seeing their child talking to an imaginary friend are the best! Also imagine growing up with a parent who could turn into a doll! Also Imagine an acrobat in IF form?
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @TeeSea I know why people don't like them. Before you turn them real, they can get in the way of your sim in the house because they'll follow the child sim just about everywhere on the household lot, which can get annoying when your child has to use the toilet or shower/bath. I don't often have children in my games so they don't bother me too much. Right now, I have an alien Young Adult female married to her male imaginary friend turned real and I'm eventually probably going to make them have at least one child of their own just to see who they look more like. :smile:
    edited August 2020
    I think someone should set up a factory warehouse of sorts where the "staff" is wall to wall toddlers and children who do nothing but play with their IFs until they become real. That way the next generation can have a sudden infusion of IF turned real occults (life states). I suppose that's a kind of child exploitation, but the kids shouldn't really mind as long as they are fed and kept happy. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I think someone should set up a factory warehouse of sorts where the "staff" is wall to wall toddlers and children who do nothing but play with their IFs until they become real. That way the next generation can have a sudden infusion of IF turned real occults (life states). I suppose that's a kind of child exploitation, but the kids shouldn't really mind as long as they are fed and kept happy. :)

You can use the toy shop from the Sims 3 store as their basecamp!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I don’t know why everybody is hating on IF’s. It’s a built in best friend (most do need a traits makeover) and the parents reactions to seeing their child talking to an imaginary friend are the best! Also imagine growing up with a parent who could turn into a doll! Also Imagine an acrobat in IF form?

I'll tell you why I don't like them. The first time I had one, while my teen sim was reading, the ITF came wanting her to do something. She told it to leave her alone. Then all of a sudden, her action queue was 4 or 5 rows across the top of the screen with the same 3 actions repeated over and over and over. So as soon as the ITF turned back to a doll, I stuck it in inventory and have never played with one again. Those things are demon possessed! (JK)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top