Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many EP will be released until 2024 ?

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    4 EP (Nov 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
    I think the game has already reached its technical limit.

Yeah the game is really outdated

exactly, it's CRAZY to think people think more and more content for this game will make it any better. Eco Living is a BIG example of how the foundation is cracking.

Also...all the MAJOR packs how been added...what else could you possibly want??

Well, we could want cars, horses, chest hair, resorts, color wheels for everything, spiral stairs, editable worlds, swimmable oceans everywhere, playable planes & ships, underwater diving, playable theatres & cinemas ... But we get sharing is caring.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2020
    7 EP

The Sims 3 is outdated but it's still very popular. It doesn't stop people having fun.
    I was just browsing through Steam when I saw their "The Top Sellers of 2018" article. The Sims 3 made it to their Bronze list! What is so amazing about this is that this 10 year old game is still selling well and in league with much newer games on Steam!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2020

The Sims 3 is outdated but it's still very popular. It doesn't stop people having fun.
    I was just browsing through Steam when I saw their "The Top Sellers of 2018" article. The Sims 3 made it to their Bronze list! What is so amazing about this is that this 10 year old game is still selling well and in league with much newer games on Steam!

We never said you can stop having fun with it. We are pointing out that it is outdated and MAY have problems adding more on it.

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020

Of course it doesn't stop people having fun with it, it did however make the team stop working on it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I can't with a straight face answer this poll. I don't think it will go on through 2024. But if I had to guess I would guess 2 EPs a year. Unless they cut staff to go work on TS5 and then we go back to one EP a year until they wind it up/or down.

I agree with you 100%,Cinebar. I think Sims 4 will last until late 2021 or early 2022. I don't see Sims 4 being able to last past 2022.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    8 EP or more
    I picked the biggest number because that’s what I hope we get at least.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I can't with a straight face answer this poll. I don't think it will go on through 2024. But if I had to guess I would guess 2 EPs a year. Unless they cut staff to go work on TS5 and then we go back to one EP a year until they wind it up/or down.

I agree with you 100%,Cinebar. I think Sims 4 will last until late 2021 or early 2022. I don't see Sims 4 being able to last past 2022.

This exactly.

It'd be crazy and not smart to go longer than 2022.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    This exactly.

It'd be crazy and not smart to go longer than 2022.

Yeah but how many smart choices has EA made in the past few years. Even if they're making money the content is not gamer-friendly and I wouldn't be surpised to see them milk every last penny out of the sims fans before moving on to a new game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I also think we will get 3 more EPS - end of 2020, mid 2021, end of 2021. If they really want to stretch out the game for longer than that, they'll need to do a complete rework of the game to keep it running smoothly I think. Like a mid-generation between Sims 4 and 5 or something.
    I think we'll definitely get farming, romance and resorts packs before the end of this iteration, because those themes have been around for a long time in polls and surveys. Maybe they'll even wait and release a generations-type pack as the last DLC for the game, to keep sales high until the end.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Aw, thanks for quoting me! I'm still so proud of TS3! It only had fours years as compared to TS4 and still managed to have more fun gameplay and content during it's run. The reason why it's still so much fun and not stale and boring is that people are still creating new worlds, gameplay mods and functional objects for it long after the devs stopped working on it.

That's the way TS4 should have been. But because it is so limited, it makes its players so dependent on the devs to make everything for them.

I really hope that The Sims 5 will be as customizable and flexible as TS3 is.

Oh by the way, TS4 won't last for much longer. I would give it one more year, so only one or two more expansion packs.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I think we will continue to have 2 per year. But I am not sure if the team will keep this going until 2024.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    i wonder whats theme they will bring to us, peharps farming, beyond that we have the gamepacks too, maybe they want to take advantage of this end of generation to bring content with different themes and see how they were received to bring them back to 5, in addition to the favorite contents of generations such as seasons, witchcraft, fame and pets.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    There are unlimited ideas they could add - and not all would need to be tech heavy either. And - they could focus more on GPs than EPs if the tech matter is a problem.

Anyway, I think they will keep adding stuff until TS5 is ready. TS5 will set the date, nothing else.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    To be honest I don't see the game carrying on for that long or having that many more EPs. There's no way they can make four more years worth of content and 6+ more EPs.

I'm expecting 3 more at most, all the essentials have come and gone and now it's just the phase of experimental packs before the next game comes along. Eco Lifestyle was the first of these "experimental" packs and it went down like a lead balloon. People are already getting bored and the ideas will run dry pretty soon.

Even if they still want to carry on with this game there'll come a time when they realise they have no new interesting ideas within this edition of the game and it's better to move on. Plus, the engines outdated so there's only so much they can do.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2020
    8 EP or more
    2 EPs per year, hopefully. I remember someone starting a poll like this a couple years ago, but asking about all pack types and I answered similarly. The Op was in disbelief of my estimates, and back then, no one even believed the game would last to 2020 even though the Devs had pretty much implied that with their statements. But here we are. This game isn't ending anytime soon.

Dev answer just a few months ago when asked how much longer Sims 4 will last:

Edit: I'm not sure if I found the right poll, but it was something like this: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17561602#Comment_17561602
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    8 EP or more
    2 per year
    Summer and Fall/Winter
    so at least 9-ish
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I think the last pack will be in winter 2021. So there aren't many packs left. What I think we'll get:

- farming (EP)
    - generations (EP)
    - another occult/fantasy pack (GP)
    - another vacation pack (EP)
    - malls (GP)
    - playable school (GP)
    - updated babies (SP)
    - a teenager's SP with updated teens (or preteens) and/or
    - another occult SP, like the one with the grim reaper career from the survey (I figure it was VERY popular)

One of these will come with cars. Farming will come with horses. Other animals will only be rabbithole buildings that you place down on your lot.

What I fear we will get instead of all of those cool things: 8x My first [insert subject] stuff :D
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited August 2020
    7 EP
    I'd like to hope for 2 EPs a year until 2024, but I think at some point production needs to slow down so they can fix all the bugs we have. So my guess is they'll try to shoot for 2 EPs every year, but will have to give up on one of their ideas to fix the dang game. We could really use some base game updates (to gameplay please, we've had enough build mode updates, give us a better live mode). Also, the skin tone fix is coming soon too so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the year we only get one EP. Or they keep the current schedule and delay the one that would have been in spring/summer of next year.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    7 EP

exactly, it's CRAZY to think people think more and more content for this game will make it any better. Eco Living is a BIG example of how the foundation is cracking.

Also...all the MAJOR packs how been added...what else could you possibly want??

Well, we could want cars, horses, chest hair, resorts, color wheels for everything, spiral stairs, editable worlds, swimmable oceans everywhere, playable planes & ships, underwater diving, playable theatres & cinemas ... But we get sharing is caring.

There's still lots of occult content that's missing as well when you compare Sims 4 to Sims 3.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I voted 4 but I really think three. One towards the end of 2020 and then one in summer 2021 and towards the end of 2021. I don't see how they can keep it fresh past that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2020
    7 EP
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I think the last pack will be in winter 2021. So there aren't many packs left. What I think we'll get:

- farming (EP)
    - generations (EP)
    - another occult/fantasy pack (GP)
    - another vacation pack (EP)
    - malls (GP)
    - playable school (GP)
    - updated babies (SP)
    - a teenager's SP with updated teens (or preteens) and/or
    - another occult SP, like the one with the grim reaper career from the survey (I figure it was VERY popular)

One of these will come with cars. Farming will come with horses. Other animals will only be rabbithole buildings that you place down on your lot.

What I fear we will get instead of all of those cool things: 8x My first [insert subject] stuff :D

I'm still waiting for drums and bass (Rock Band / Showtime EP)

btbertagrjv6.jpeg
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    5 EP
    I really hope it doesn’t go past 2022 at the most. I think they should have just stuck with the 5 year plan and worked on making the Sims 5 better than ever with plenty of time in development.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    6 EP
    I really hope it doesn’t go past 2022 at the most. I think they should have just stuck with the 5 year plan and worked on making the Sims 5 better than ever with plenty of time in development.

The “plenty of the time in development” is why I hope Sims 4 lasts as long as possible. It’s not that I love the Sims 4. It’s that if they are in fact working on TS5 (which they probably are) the more successful and long-lived TS4 is, the more time they have to make it dazzling at launch.

The last thing I want it is for them to be rushed by external circumstances to release an unfinished game again.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    5 EP
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

The “plenty of the time in development” is why I hope Sims 4 lasts as long as possible. It’s not that I love the Sims 4. It’s that if they are in fact working on TS5 (which they probably are) the more successful and long-lived TS4 is, the more time they have to make it dazzling at launch.

The last thing I want it is for them to be rushed by external circumstances to release an unfinished game again.

That doesn’t even make sense to me, why waste time, money, and resources for a game that’s starting to have problems? TS4 is already successful there’s no real need for it to be “more successful”. It’s been 6 years, it’s time to wrap up this iteration already....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2020
    6 EP
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

That doesn’t even make sense to me, why waste time, money, and resources for a game that’s starting to have problems? TS4 is already successful there’s no real need for it to be “more successful”. It’s been 6 years, it’s time to wrap up this iteration already....

If all of the sudden today The Sims 4 sales dropped dramatically, such that it was no longer profitable, EA might turn to the team currently working on TS5 (which is at the moment likely a completely different team) and give them a more stern more urgent deadline to complete the game sooner than it would be ready so they have something new to put on the market, regardless of quality. Such a rush might lead to a lesser base game, and an incomplete rushed base game was what created Sims 4’s problems in the first place, so isn’t something we want repeated.

If the Sims 4 continues to make money with updates and new packs, the team working on the Sims 5 can use that bought time to refine their game. The longer The Sims 4 lasts, the more time they have for more features and better QA before they have to go public.

Therefore: it is in The Sims 5’s best interest for The Sims 4 to last as long as possible.

You can disagree with this argument, but I hope that made it easy to understand.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.