Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tip for cc addicts on loading screens

Maybe you guys already know about this and I'm just now discovering! But I wanted to share for anybody who like me has more cc than the law allows. My loading screen when starting up use to take a literal 10min or more. So long I would go do something till it finishes. Annoying yes but I didn't mind because I know the amount of content I'm stuffing it with.

After years of this I discovered how to reduce the loading time to less than a min they way it is without cc!!!! That little box that pops up showing you all the cc an installed mods on the main screen. I unchecked the box in the lower left corner that says "show on every startup" or something like that.

And wow😱😱😱😱I never would have thought. Hope that helps somebody.
Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Comments

• LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    Never heard of that! But good for you!
    What I do to not have crazy loadings is merge CC... Keeping an un merged backup. If a piece of CC breaks, I get rid of the merged version, get rid of whatever is broken, and re-emerge what's left.
  • Teh_CheshireTeh_Cheshire Posts: 17 Member
    Oh sweet beautiful angel you have come to my rescue on that.

I don't mind the loading - tends to give me a chance to grab a drink and such - but the idea of merging down some things that have become bloated seems like a good thought to move towards.

I just seem to have weird issues with S4S
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2020
    Maybe you guys already know about this and I'm just now discovering! But I wanted to share for anybody who like me has more cc than the law allows. My loading screen when starting up use to take a literal 10min or more. So long I would go do something till it finishes. Annoying yes but I didn't mind because I know the amount of content I'm stuffing it with.

After years of this I discovered how to reduce the loading time to less than a min they way it is without cc!!!! That little box that pops up showing you all the cc an installed mods on the main screen. I unchecked the box in the lower left corner that says "show on every startup" or something like that.

OMG!

How have I not heard of this before? It works like a charm, holy ripped nylons Batman! It took almost 30 minutes to load my game before and now it takes less than one minute to load my game (like when I have no cc in the game). It's a huge difference!

I had no idea it was the cc/mod list that shows on the startup screen that was causing the game to take forever to load. I just assumed it had to do with the amount of cc I had in my game because of how fast the game loaded whenever I took out my cc/mods folder. Now I can go in and out of my game in a flash... which is great for when I want to quickly try out something (like a new cc item to see if it works properly, etc) in my game. Open the game, quickly try something out, close the game. Yay!

Thank you so much for sharing!

*happy dance*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

OMG!

How have I not heard of this before? It works like a charm, holy ripped nylons Batman! It took almost 30 minutes to load my game before and now it takes less than one minute to load my game (like when I have no cc in the game). It's a huge difference!

I had no idea it was the cc/mod list that shows on the startup screen that was causing the game to take forever to load. I just assumed it had to do with the amount of cc I had in my game because of how fast the game loaded whenever I took out my cc/mods folder. Now I can go in and out of my game in a flash... which is great for when I want to quickly try out something (like a new cc item to see if it works properly, etc) in my game. Open the game, quickly try something out, close the game. Yay!

Thank you so much for sharing!

*happy dance*

Glad it helped!!! I was so thrilled!! Lol🤗🤗🤗

Yea I thought about merging too but I often forget what cc I have and end up with duplicates I have to seek and destroy with conflict detector so that would be my last resort if I needed it.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Just wow! Thanks so much for the tip! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Nox_in_a_BoxNox_in_a_Box Posts: 2 New Member
    You're right! I would have never thought of this! Thank you!
    > @Lumpinou said:
    > Never heard of that! But good for you!
    > What I do to not have crazy loadings is merge CC... Keeping an un merged backup. If a piece of CC breaks, I get rid of the merged version, get rid of whatever is broken, and re-emerge what's left.

With this way of doing it - do you unpackage everything and then merge it all together that way or simply just merge the packages together as they are?
  • LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    @Teh_Cheshire i merge the packages, but keep a copy of them unmerged. If a problem comes with one of the items, I delete my merged package, go in the unmerged backup, delete whichever CC broke, and re-emerge what's left and put that merged package in mods. Actually I have several merged packages as I sort it out by hair, top, etc. This because files should stay under 1gb for better results.
    @Lumpinou I had always wondered if it was possible to do that but worried I would have to break down every package of CC and then merge that to get the final file (I hope I'm making sense???)

I love to build so I have a lot of clutter and build related items I wish I could just merge together vs say like BrazenLotus's food clutter and freed stuff just piling up. Or all of peacemakers work who has his own file lol
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    That little box that pops up showing you all the cc an installed mods on the main screen. I unchecked the box in the lower left corner that says "show on every startup"

You mean, people actually leave that ON?

Wow.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    That little box that pops up showing you all the cc an installed mods on the main screen. I unchecked the box in the lower left corner that says "show on every startup"

Wow.

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited August 2020
    gettps wrote: »

Wow.

Right? I disabled that the first time I downloaded CC..

But good for you OP that it decreased the loading time by so much.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @Lumpinou I had always wondered if it was possible to do that but worried I would have to break down every package of CC and then merge that to get the final file (I hope I'm making sense???)

I love to build so I have a lot of clutter and build related items I wish I could just merge together vs say like BrazenLotus's food clutter and freed stuff just piling up. Or all of peacemakers work who has his own file lol

Merging is super easy! You can choose whatever files you like. I use Sims 4 Studio. It has a simple interface for merging. It even has a simple interface for unmerging the same merged file, ao you can merge and unmerge to your heart’s content. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • VeteranSimmerVeteranSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    > @gettps said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You mean, people actually leave that ON?
    >
    > Wow.

I used to until 2 minutes ago. And I play TS4 almost everyday but ignore that text. My mind is blown after learning that we can actually turn off that window. Thank you @Babykittyjade