Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    This has been said many times before, but I really don't want "free babies" it drove me absolutely crazy in TS3 when they'd take the baby out of the crib and then just set them down on the floor instead of putting them back in the crib or passing them to another sim to hold. It drove me even crazier when NPC visitors would come along and take the baby from the crib without asking the parents if it was ok, to only then put the baby on the floor...like can you just not?

My problem with this excuse is that this can EASILY be solved by
    1. Better coding in general
    2. Instead of having the babies tied to the bassinet and that only, have them tied to multiple different objects. A changing station, a stroller, a play area, a high chair, and maybe a baby carrier. Then make it so you can take them away from these objects but if you do something that makes you put the baby down then sims place them in a crib/play area/high chair.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don’t care about babies being updated any time soon and I think giving babies a whole game pack instead of stuff pack is really stupid.

A generations pack is pointless since we have parenthood and most family oriented stuff should be added to the base game instead of in packs

Also Get to Work is one of the best expansions.
    Post edited by Gecko420 on
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • DestinycrowDestinycrow Posts: 36 Member
    I like Sims 4. As in, actually like. It's better than Sims 3 with long loading screens (even if, in Sims 4, I have to hit a loading screen going to a new place. But I played Sims 2 first so I'm used to it.) Granted, Sims 2 is still my favorite, but I prefer Sims 4 over Sims 3.

I minorly hate the firefighters. I much rather be alerted by the alarm and put it out myself than have two sims come over and extinguish it first try.

I'm actually okay with Vlad not entering my house while my sims are asleep. It ruins some of the gameplay, especially if I'm on one of my more serious saves (as serious as my utter wacky self will allow lol).

I like Cats and Dogs. The fox noises are adorable.

Vlad is hotter than Caleb.

I like the two other sages that weren't in the trailer.

Uh, sorry about it being a list lol.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I prefer rabbit hole careers. I also have no interest in a game about high school or any school. I really miss the pool table and the picnic basket activities.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    I like Eco Lifestyle, with the exception of Sharing (Stealing...they meant Stealing) is Caring.

I don't like how EA included so many ways to die, basically encouraging us to kill our Sims to collect all the deaths.

I wish EA would bring back dirty diapers, used baby bottles, cribs and changing tables.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    I'm just gonna go right out and say it: Vampires and Get Famous are two of the best packs for Sims 4.

Edit: Vamps is actually my favourite pack of all. Just wanted to mention that.

Mine too! I’d repay $40 for vamps if I had to
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    AmTk86 wrote: »
    This has been said many times before, but I really don't want "free babies" it drove me absolutely crazy in TS3 when they'd take the baby out of the crib and then just set them down on the floor instead of putting them back in the crib or passing them to another sim to hold. It drove me even crazier when NPC visitors would come along and take the baby from the crib without asking the parents if it was ok, to only then put the baby on the floor...like can you just not?

2. Instead of having the babies tied to the bassinet and that only, have them tied to multiple different objects. A changing station, a stroller, a play area, a high chair, and maybe a baby carrier. Then make it so you can take them away from these objects but if you do something that makes you put the baby down then sims place them in a crib/play area/high chair.

That's a good idea, having the babies tied to more than one object, would definitely solve the "put baby on ground" issue that plagued the sims 2 and 3.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Gecko420 wrote: »
    I'm just gonna go right out and say it: Vampires and Get Famous are two of the best packs for Sims 4.

Edit: Vamps is actually my favourite pack of all. Just wanted to mention that.

Mine too! I’d repay $40 for vamps if I had to

I'd happily repay the $40 the pack if it means vampires get to go back to the way they were instead of this now watered down nonsense to appease the vocal minority that are the "realism" players. (seriously, vampires have been nerfed to hell and back to make a small number of players happy, it's disgusting and an insult to the people who wanted them in their games.)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love the pack get together because the clubs are so good for kids, BUT I don't care for the Windenberg World much. Windenberg and Oasis Springs are my least favourite worlds in the game.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Since Seasons, a lot of the worlds have had issues, mainly with weird weather. If Willow Creek is really modeled after New Orleans, they shouldn't be getting cold weather and snow flurries in late spring. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I thought this was a safe place to voice unpopular opinions but yet after doing so someone comes along and invalidates with facts like better coding etc. There is not supposed to be an opposing opinion addressed to any specific person but you can support their opinion. They aren't supposed to counter oppose an opinion. Anyway, it's lame that this thread is not being used the way it was meant.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I thought this was a safe place to voice unpopular opinions but yet after doing so someone comes along and invalidates with facts like better coding etc. There is not supposed to be an opposing opinion addressed to any specific person but you can support their opinion. They aren't supposed to counter oppose an opinion. Anyway, it's lame that this thread is not being used the way it was meant.
    Who made this rule??

If people were fighting and being verbally aggressive, I'd see your point, but as far as I see in the latest posts, no one is disrespecting anyone. This thread was made for unpopular opinions and people are posting unpopular opinions. I don't think some people saying "there's a way around this" makes this thread an unsafe spot.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    I don't necessarily always enjoy realistic gameplay and want more occults in game.
  • LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    I think university is a pointless expansion pack. All the activities your sims get to do with university can also be done anywhere else. Dorms don't operate any differently from residential lots with lockable doors. I wish classes were not rabbit holes because I think sims should be able to interact with their classmates and professors during class. It's a missed opportunity to show off different personalities. Mischievous sims could have different interactions that distinguish their personality from the rest like pulling pranks, evil sims could cheat on tests or spread gossip, charismatic sims would have a easier time convincing another sim to do their homework for them, and so much more.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I prefer more Occults & fantasy gameplay & less realism.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Despite what I may think & want in the sims 4, I still feel sims 4 is the best when you compare it to sims 2 & 3. (Sims 1 was my favorite & got gameplay right)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't like having too many attractive townies running around. I had to stop downloading most Sims from the gallery because they're all young and gorgeous. I felt like I was playing in a soap opera.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I came to say that I don't care about babies, but after reading about half of the thread, that unpopular opinion of mine doesn't seem so unpopular after all...

Since Parenthood, I've been using babies as skill-building objects, because every interaction a parent has with them adds a little to their parenting knowledge. Other than that, I couldn't care less about them, I don't need them to be freed or more interactive, if I could change one thing about them, it would be how they sound. It's so blatantly obvious that the developers had an adult make baby sounds rather than recording a real baby, and I feel like punching my speakers every time I'm forced to listen to those fake baby cries. :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Some updated ones:

- I'm excited for the star wars pack and have zero issue with brand collaborations or crossovers, if it means fun new gameplay I'm all for it.

- A classic but cars would (still) be useless in a closed world

- I don't care for babies, but I think that's a popular one now. I'd like to be have options of where to put them other than just the bassinet though (atleast give us a crib??) but that's about it.

- I don't want an attraction system, at all. I like how we have the freedom to choose.

- Despite its faults, Sims 4 is the edition I get the most fun out of. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I think the Sims 4 Star Wars will be the best ever & I don't get upset about new glitches.
    I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977 & I'm happy to be one.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    As soon as I see the phrase “slap in the face” in a post, I skip to the next post. That phrase could be a drinking game when new packs come out.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    As soon as I see the phrase “slap in the face” in a post, I skip to the next post. That phrase could be a drinking game when new packs come out.

"Fleshed out" and "half baked" used to be my incentives to stop reading. They were so overused and usually followed by overwhelming negativity that I just got tired.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Is this the unpopular opinions thread or the complain about complainers one? :D

Here's another. I miss when occults came with every Ep. It seemed much more mysterious. Also Strangerville wasn't that bad. Little replayability though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top