Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Me1620 I don't mind having some stuff I don't use, as long as I like at least some of the items I bought, if that makes sense. For example, the Haute Hacienda sets aren't my style at all, and although I'd probably use them in a couple community lots if I liked building and had a theme in mind, I don't see myself putting them in my own sims' houses. I doubt I'll even install those sets, although of course I'll download them to have backups in case I ever change my mind.

However, I wanted a lot of the items in Best of 2012, so it was well worth the 800+ points. Then it turned out for an extra 63 points, I could complete the Haute Hacienda Kitchen and then April 2012, due to the overlap between the compilations. In doing so, I ended up with a giant pile of stuff most of which I'll probably never use. Still, I essentially paid 63 points for the ice cream maker and deep fryer, which I did want and will definitely enjoy having.

This is exactly what I mean about this thread and the spreadsheet, and Merelhyn's thread, being such wonderful resources. I would have flinched at paying full price for those two premium items, but I didn't have to, because some very nice people took the time to lay out all the details of the deals.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    @puzzleaddict - I can relate to what you are saying about paying a few simpoints for a set even if it doesn't suit your decor style. I have absolutely done the same back in my buying day. (One of our DD alumni called it completionitis.) Way back before CYS and the DD, I never would have considered owning the Storybook set. But now, I am glad to own sets that don't fit my style so I can create sims that don't match my tastes. Like you said, I may not like all the items in a set, but there may be one or two I use often. Also, when I download builds from the Exchange, I have all the items that the creators have used.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Me1620 Completionitis, love it!! What a great term to describe the beginning of 'yeah, I want a few things' to the 'hey, I own the store, how did that happen?!

Thanks for the goodies, AngelJess. <3
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,078 Member
    Current Deal

228 ) Ivana / 27 / 42 / 36% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Savvy; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals

229 ) Foster The Strife Shirt Outfit / 38 / 61 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday - Cool Summer Nights; July 2011 Compilation Set

230 ) Forest Curtains / 23 / 61 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010

231 ) Demeter's End Table / 20 / 41 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 356, # 396 but less than # 844)

232 ) Drifter's Desire / 567 / 714 / 21% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 33, same as # 712 but less than # 577, # 897)

233 ) Island Escape Compilation / 1176 / 2400 / 51% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; some items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Island Villa; Tiki Outdoor Party; Tiki Living Room Set; Full Tiki Set; Tiki Dining Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 833, # 582 but less than # 828)

234 ) Tropical Leaves of Repose / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Living Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 733)

NOTE: Set is on stuck "Sales" page for 702 sp. Sales price may override DD price. The value of CYS for this deal to be free may not be as shown in the DD spreadsheets.
    235 ) Nautical Living / 627 / 990 / 37% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but some pieces part of Quaint Cottage Collection, a table part of Eloquently Eclectic Collection and 7 pieces included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 35, # 800, # 42)

236 ) Waning Moon / 819 / 1780 / 54% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 236, # 823)

237 ) Tropi-Con FauxFrond / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study)
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 221)

238 ) Imperial Bedroom Zen / 204 / 545 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 116 but less than # 971)

239 ) Everyday Teens Collection / 884 / 1219 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine is also included in Go All In Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 478 but less than # 45)

240 ) Haute Hip Curtain Collection V.2 / 45 / 77 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Attention DD stalkers, those who post and those who are lurking! Catch us up on your DD stalking. Which items are you waiting for?
    Free cookies!
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited August 2020
    @angeljess26 - Thanks for the buffet. I think I will take a pretzel this time.

@Lexers615 - Hi Lexers! Glad @angeljess26 put out her beautiful buffet to inspire you to unlurk. I hope you are well. Are you still playing Sims 3?
    goodFeel93 wrote: »
    Hey y'alll big gretings and sul sul (right?)

Ya i'm... still alive (i think)....
    The last few weeks i was on the road with friends and my sisters. Sometimes i was lurking here but had no internet or just had no time.
    Hope y'all fine so far and thanks @angeljess26 for the candies! And a giant cookie for @rnramey for still posting the lists.

@goodFeel93 - Sul sul - You used it correctly. I am so glad you are able to take a road trip. Enjoy the time spent with your OE friends and sisters. Dag dag.
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Me1620 Completionitis, love it!! What a great term to describe the beginning of 'yeah, I want a few things' to the 'hey, I own the store, how did that happen?!

Thanks for the goodies, AngelJess. <3

@ZeeGee - I could find a few old posts in past DD threads where people were using the term "completionitis" but I could not find the original post by @Meg1626 who coined the phrase. When you google "completionitis", the term is not found except for a few forum entries. I can find "completionist" but not completionitis. I definitely had it bad back in 2013 and 2014. I am cured though as evident from my ability to hold back from completing the Sims 4 collection. Although I might just be in remission depending on what Sims 5 inventory is like. ;)

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • QTBrniisQTBrniis Posts: 200 Member
    I rarely come out of "lurking" but the buffett was too tempting! The few things I have remaining that I want are single items or an item or two from sets. I've been trying lately to follow the DD but can't always be here/on line. Like for example I'm waiting for 3 pieces from Show Stopping Styles and 2 pieces from Street Couture. I really don't want the whole sets on those, but if I can get them at a really good price, I'll take them.
    Thanks for this list, I've been trying for the past few days to follow it closely!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @ZeeGee - I could find a few old posts in past DD threads where people were using the term "completionitis" but I could not find the original post by @Meg1626 who coined the phrase. When you google "completionitis", the term is not found except for a few forum entries. I can find "completionist" but not completionitis. I definitely had it bad back in 2013 and 2014. I am cured though as evident from my ability to hold back from completing the Sims 4 collection. Although I might just be in remission depending on what Sims 5 inventory is like. ;)

@Me1620 Wow Meg1626 hasn't been here since about the time I started on here! I'm glad there's someone around like you who remembers all the Sims history. :smile:

Sims 4 cured my completionitis too. I think that says more about Sims 4 than it does about having a cure. It's just not as addictive for me. If Sims 5 is what we all hope for (Sims 3 on 64 bit) I will probably contract completionitis again. :grin:
    edited August 2020
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Sims 4 cured my completionitis too. I think that says more about Sims 4 than it does about having a cure. It's just not as addictive for me. If Sims 5 is what we all hope for (Sims 3 on 64 bit) I will probably contract completionitis again. :grin:
    Caution: Venting ahead

I know some TS4 players will argue about that, but TS4 started as a flop, so EA and Maxis chose to sabotage TS3 in an attempt to literally force TS3 simmers to switch to TS4 by killing "fraternal competition". Epic fail. TS3 remained a better seller than TS4 on eBay and Steam for a while. Quite a while. Fixing some issues that were against popular demand (lack of pools and toddlers, for example), and telling the Guru in chief to quit calling disagreeing players all sorts of names, as well as providing "better support" to TS4, simply by killing all support to TS3, all helped to some point, but it took a while for TS4 to be remotely successful. Controversial decisions also arose. Like the "skirt patch" and the "gender revamp". I'd bet my house that they received a significant amount of money for that, either in form of governmental grants or a lump sum from lobby group, or a tax credit, or such. Just like when they added incurable STD's like medical condition in Star Trek (I know, I digress.). And okay, I know I oversimplied it all, but still.

Enough talking about the genesis, let's talk about the result. Another big difference? TS3 was already popular when a couple celebs made a cameo in it, like Katy Perry, and at least 10 more signers who had their songs translated into Simlish in the optional TS3 soundtrack. How many brands paid to have their logo added to the game? (Ford, Toyota, Dr Pepper, JC Penny, etc...). I didn't follow TS4 promotional campaign close enough, but I never heard that EA/Maxis managed to secure anything like third party advertisement contract in the game, as well as mutually beneficial cameos. I just checked on Wikipedia, and the only two promos I found are from Steel Series (which basically sign such contract with every single possible studios extending them a hand), and Moschino, which I had never heard of before. I'll retract on this if I'm wrong, but I double checked and there's nothing.

My analysis? Don't get me wrong, TS3 had quite a few flaws, given Maxis worked on a "too many captains and not enough seamen" style. Plenty broken features clog the game, yet could have been promising. Like the Online Dating Profiles. Drives me nutz every single time my sims use a PC. I never really used it as I never managed to get it to work properly. And it was quickly replaced by Tinder style feature. Or the Mermaids as a whole. Bugged wall to wall, like most IP stuff. Celebrity? What a pain, nothing but trouble has the feature had never been fine tuned on Maxis' side prior to adding it to the game. Still, let's be honest, we all knew the game had serious flaws and Maxis wasn't going to give us a hand at all (more like throwing wrenches at us...), but still, the game had that little something that made us keep playing despite all those little annoyances. Nearly 13 years after its release. Nearly 7 years after the plug had been pulled. I even keep TS3 specs (and Igazor's recommendations) in mind when building a new PC (should be ready really soon). I can't stress it enough, there's still plenty of money to be made with TS3. If they fixed the Store content, enabled the sale of some no longer available premium content (like what used to be in the "Mystery bag" or referral program or various other discontinued exclusive content only available on little known promos), or the hairstyles and clothes with broken links, we would all spend those simpoints we have, and even buy some more to get it. And all this would only take a couple hours for a single dev on Maxis' side. They choose not to do it. They decide for some reason to go against the very greedy nature of capitalism by refusing to make a quick buck in an easy and legit way. (And then I'm the one called a leftist.) So there's obviously some other reason behind all this. But the game still has that little something that makes us keep playing, despite how terrible EA and Maxis are.

Still, even if TS5 gives up the cartoon-ish aesthetics and goes back to the odd-numbered Sims aesthetics, I'd be reluctant to put as much time, effort, and money into this, knowing that I'm only a couple months from being shown a proverbial finger by EA/Maxis and being coerced into "downgrading" to what they feel is better even if the player base disagrees. Or being called a conspiracy theorist or tin foil hat because the current Guru wouldn't appreciate that the players keep asking for toddlers while the studios decided they wouldn't be included. (Players won, toddlers were added.)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Greylady624Greylady624 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Checking in to say I've been enjoying everyone's posts, from simovision, to check-ins, to vents, and of course the DD postings.

For my contribution, I think the amount of time I spent obtaining the EPs and SPs, not to mention I'm into the store content now, cured me of "going crazy" with future Sims games. Not that this isn't fun - it really is, planning and impulse buying, lurking in this thread and everything. Sims 3 is my thing.

It's just that I really, truly, don't want to start at the bare-bones beginning anymore. I seem to go for the odd-numbered Sims games, but the Sims 5 base game will have to really impress me to even consider it. Not that anyone asked. :)

I shall go back to melting during this heat wave. :)
    edited August 2020
    *Posting early today*

Current Deal

240 ) Haute Hip Curtain Collection V.2 / 45 / 77 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

Upcoming Deals

241 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Rivited and Rustic Oven Fume / 15 / 25 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

242 ) Best of 2010 Collection / 2940 / 5400 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Ultra Lounge Outdoor Set; Ultra Lounge Study Set; Ultra Lounge Living Set; Ultra Lounge Dining Set; Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Bath; Ultra Lounge Kitchen and Bath; Wilderness Dreaming; Full Interior Castle Set; Tiki Dinig Room Set; Tiki Living Room Set; Full Tiki Set; Asian Fusion, Bayside Bathroom Set; Panda & Friends; Worldly Goodies; The Complete Castle by Castle Kits, Inc.

243 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Cantina Compactor / 29 / 81 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

244 ) Serenity Retreat / 589 / 1539 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but included in Sunlit Tides Gold
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 690, but less than # 643, # 100 )

This is a one-hour deal
    245 ) Made for Two Loveseat / 34 / 81 / 58% / 1 hour
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Living Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

246 ) Blooming Flower Door / 58 / 84 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 125)

247 ) Choppy Haircut for Boys / 20 / 50 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

248 ) Atomic Age Living and Dining / 459 / 1377 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; One item included in The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 248, # 816, # 277)

249 ) Let the Sunshine in Window / 38 / 99 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Contemporary Comfort Living; June 2011 Compilation

250 ) Front Row Center Bedroom / 113 / 450 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 250, # 188, # 621, # 464)

251 ) Le Cirque Esprit- Just A Hare Carousel Spring Rider / 32 / 122 / 74% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Esprit; Le Cirque Celebration!

252 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 406 / 1540 / 74% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 514 but less than # 393)

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    QTBrniis wrote: »
    ... The few things I have remaining that I want are single items or an item or two from sets. ... I'm waiting for 3 pieces from Show Stopping Styles and 2 pieces from Street Couture. I really don't want the whole sets on those, but if I can get them at a really good price, I'll take them.

@QTBrniis - Excellent, I see @angeljess26 's buffet has worked again. >:) Thanks for "unlurking".

Here is some unsolicited advice about the items from the sets that you are wanting :)

Show Stopping Styles
    You mentioned wanting a few items from Show Stopping Styles. I just want to make sure you are aware the set is not eligible for CYS discount. I see you have 3 items on your wishlist from Show Stopping Styles. Are those the three items you want because they are not offered on the DD? (The items from a set that are on the DD are listed on the Sort by "Part of Set" tab of the DD spreadsheet.)

Show Stopping Styles is available on the DD. The best deal is deal # 330 for 555 simpoints. The premium set Seeing Stars is also not eligible for the CYS discount. Seeing Stars is offered twice, deals # 708 and # 885, for 73% off or 571 simpoints. Seeing Stars includes Show Stopping Styles and The Hypnotizer for 16 more simpoints. I haven't used The Hypnotizer in a long time, but I do regularly use some of the hairstyles and outfits from Show Stopping Styles.

If the three items on your wishlist from Show Stopping Styles are the items you are waiting for, they will not be going on sale. The cost for all three is 183 simpoints. If you are planning on possibly buying the set when it comes up on the DD, you shouldn't buy the single items. You will not get credit for buying the 3 items. So, you can spend 183 simpoints for 3 items you want or spend 555 simpoints for 33 items or a difference of 372 simpoints. (No, I don't get commission from EA or Origin if you spend more points. LOL ;) )

At time of posting the DD is at Deal 240. Deal 330, Seeing Stars, is coming up on the DD on August 25th.

Street Couture
    I see two items on your wishlist from Street Couture - Kids and Teens. The set is offered on the DD and is eligible for CYS. The best price is Deal # 422 for 225 simpoints. Deal 422 is coming up September 1st or 2nd on the DD depending on your time zone. The only item on the DD that is from either of the Street Couture sets is Bountiful Bows Dress. The two items on your list are not offered on the DD. If you plan on buying the set when it comes on the DD, then you should follow the rules for CYS found on page 1 of this thread:

1) If you don't own anything from the set, always buy the cheapest item in the set before buying the set, even if you have to pay full price.
    2) Never buy an item with less than a 10% discount, unless it is the first item you buy.

So, if you want Street Couture - Kids and Teens you should buy 1 of the pairs of boots.

If you want Street Couture, first buy the Bountiful Bows Dress when it comes up on the DD.

Both street couture sets are also included in larger compilation sets. So, if you are interested in those compilations check out Merelhyn's thread The Cheapest Way to Own the Store and LadybugLeslie's thread Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the Best Bang for Your SimPoints.

Phew. I hope that wasn't too much information. I tend to do that.

@Lexers615 - What you said was definitely a big reason I did not purchase the Sims 4 base game until I could get it for $5. I have invested so much money into the first three series. I was not willing to invest heavily in the 4th. Also, I am still enjoying Sims 3 so much.

edited August 2020
    ... For my contribution, I think the amount of time I spent obtaining the EPs and SPs, not to mention I'm into the store content now, cured me of "going crazy" with future Sims games. Not that this isn't fun - it really is, planning and impulse buying, lurking in this thread and everything. Sims 3 is my thing.

It's just that I really, truly, don't want to start at the bare-bones beginning anymore. I seem to go for the odd-numbered Sims games, but the Sims 5 base game will have to really impress me to even consider it. ...

^ Exactly how I feel *Looking for the long lost "Agree" button*

Sorry you are melting. I hope you grabbed an ice cream from angeljess' buffet.

^ Exactly how I feel *Looking for the long lost "Agree" button*

Sorry you are melting. I hope you grabbed an ice cream from angeljess' buffet.

There was an "Agree" button? I wonder why they removed it. I'd probably wear it out in this thread, what with other people frequently posting thoughts from my head.

Ice cream makes everything better, especially digital ice cream. Thanks, Angeljess :smiley:
    @Greylady624 - There was an agree and a disagree button. The disagree button got abused so the forum moderators removed both options.

@Me1620 I probably should have realized that on my own (the internet being what and how it is), but I'm blaming my lack of common sense on it being Monday. Thank goodness it's actually Monday. Yes, I even double checked that. :)
    Current Deal

252 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 406 / 1540 / 74% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 514 but less than # 393)

Upcoming Deals

253 ) Booty Heel / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours

254 ) Glitter and Glam Bedroom / 400 / 401 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 428, # 137)

255 ) Mother Brassbeard's Birdbath / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Buccaneer's Bounty; The Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure; Quaint Cottage Collection

256 ) Animal Friends Ceiling Lamp / 12 / 28 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010

257 ) Tiki Living Room Set / 152 / 220 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 475 but less than # 301)

258 ) Regal Living Dining Room Set / 230 / 244 / 6% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Regal Living Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 753)

259 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Towel Stackomatic / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 564)

260 ) Happily Ever After- Village Girl Outfit / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

261 ) Indulgent Living / 420 / 990 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 724, # 702, # 685)

262 ) Tight Tee / 23 / 75 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 974)

263 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Geared Clock-work Counter Island / 34 / 68 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

264 ) Formidable Suit / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours

• QTBrniisQTBrniis Posts: 200 Member
    @Me1620
    Phew. I hope that wasn't too much information. I tend to do that.
    Oh my! Thank you so much for all the info! It has really helped me a lot.
    From what you are telling me & what I saw on the spreadsheet, if I want those 3 items from Show Stopping Styles & the 2 from Street Couture
    either I buy the sets when they come up or just buy those items at full price. I really didn't want the full sets, but I was trying to work out how to get the best bang from the SP's that I have remaining without buying more. I've never really wanted to "own the store".
    By following the DD's and Sales Help Pages I've been able to get much of what I've wanted over the years (plus extra!) for free. So I want to thank everyone involved in keeping this updated & everything. It has helped me a lot over the years. And now I have a better idea & understanding of what I need to look for! So again, many thanks to all of you involved with running this thread!

edited August 2020
    "Completionitis" is a great term. I'm definitely a completionist in general, and it certainly feels like an affliction at times, for example when I'm playing another game and just have to know I found every single item on the map. It has made a few games somewhat less enjoyable, for sure, although only past a certain point. I haven't passed that point with the Sims 3 Store yet. But Sims 4 is as good a cure for completionitis as I've ever seen; I have absolutely no desire to buy more packs, even when they're on sale.

On a completely different topic, a few people have mentioned that the CYS for certain sets seems off, like people aren't getting credit for 90% of the value of items they buy. I noticed that myself a while back, and I realized that certain sets' CYS seems to change to 80% of the total price minus 80% of what I own, rather than 90/90. This always happens when I own a significant percentage of the set, although I haven't figured out where the line is. Some sets or compilations have always stayed at 90/90 for me.

Shortly after I started buying items, I also started writing down the stats of what I bought, so I can see how my CYS changed dramatically. For example:

Fun for Kids of All Ages: cost is 1,656
    8 items, 1,058 points -> CYS is 535
    9 items, 1,149 points -> CYS is 405

September 2011: cost is 2,723 points
    27 items, 1,973 points -> CYS is 675
    28 items, 2,026 points -> CYS is 555

The Monarch Suite: cost is 1,287
    9 items, 601 points -> CYS is 615
    13 items, 781 points -> CYS is 405

Collectionne Stäncké: cost is 1,573
    12 items, 930 points -> CYS is 575
    13 items, 1,005 points -> CYS is 455

From what I've seen, it's not the number of items, or the percentage of the set, so... any ideas?
    edited August 2020
    About CYS; It's based on the percentage of the point value of the set (for example, a 13 point item is 10% of a 130 point set, no matter if said set has 4 or 20 items). It's unrelated to the depicted percentage of owned items.

About completionitis or completionism, I'm affected too. I ended up owning the store for the sole sake of owning the store, even if I knew I wasn't ever going to use 40% of the stuff. I'd say it's akin to other forms of OCD or hoarding. And when Me1620 mentioned a not special at all hair style that wasn't listed in the Store and had to be accessed with the direct link, I typed it and bought it even if it looked meh because it was the only Store item I didn't own. I also bought Katy Perry: Showtime and Katy Perry: Sweet Treats, but I used those. I basically had to check all video games liquidation stands in every boutique and stores around (and I live in a major city) before I found it at Staples. (Edit: Thinking back, I bout Sweet Treats at Staples but Showtimes from a store liquidating games from various defunct stores.)
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited August 2020
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    About CYS; It's based on the percetage of the point value of the set (for example, a 13 point item is 10% of a 130 point set, no matter if said set has 4 or 20 items). It's unrelated to the depicted percentage of owned items.

Yeah, I understand that part. I meant that I can't figure out when CYS switches: from being 90% of the cost of the set minus 90% of the value what I own, to 80% of the cost minus 80% of what I own. The point when it changes doesn't seem to be based on the number of items I own in a given set, nor on the percentage of the set I already own, in terms of the point value of what I own vs. the cost of the set.

Once it switches to 80/80 though, it doesn't switch back. So there is some internal logic.

Edit: I kept thinking about this, and I might have figured it out. (In other news, I might have just a tiny bit of trouble letting things go.)

In all four of the sets I listed, the cost to CYS switched from 90/90 to 80/80 when I owned items worth more than half the total cost of all the items in the set if you added them up separately.

Fun for Kids of All Ages: cost is 1,656; cost of items separately is 2,267
    8 items, 1,058 points -> CYS is 535
    9 items, 1,149 points -> CYS is 405

September 2011: cost is 2,723; cost of items separately is 4,042 (not counting 6 free items)
    27 items, 1,973 points -> CYS is 675
    28 items, 2,026 points -> CYS is 555

The Monarch Suite: cost is 1,287; cost of items separately is 1,541
    9 items, 601 points -> CYS is 615
    13 items, 781 points -> CYS is 405

Collectionne Stäncké: cost is 1,573; cost of items separately is 1,942
    12 items, 930 points -> CYS is 575
    13 items, 1,005 points -> CYS is 455
    Post edited by puzzlezaddict on
    Current Deal

264 ) Formidable Suit / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours

Upcoming Deals

265 ) You Spin My Time / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 760 but same as # 500)

266 ) Full Regal Living Set / 768 / 1376 / 44% / 2 hours
    Includes: Regal Living Bathroom Set; Regal Living Living Room Set; Regal Living Bedroom Set; Regal Living Dining Room Set; Regal Living Kitchen Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 808, # 511)

267 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom- Ikat Lattice Cambodian Rug / 33 / 61 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection; Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set

268 ) Relaxed Sweater / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 677, but less than # 380, # 458)

269 ) Rebel Just Because / 360 / 800 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 874, but less than # 783)

270 ) Gothic Glamour Living Room- Aichmophobia Despair Sofa / 48 / 99 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Oh My Goth! Compilation; May 2012 Compilation Set; Technophobe No More

This is a 3-hour deal
    271 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- Flock of Evils Hairstyle / 26 / 47 / 45% / 3 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!

272 ) Corset Dress / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours

273 ) Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection / 492 / 1125 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation
    Includes: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set; Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 509, # 407, but less than # 669)

274 ) Futureshock Kitchen / 221 / 515 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: February 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 333, # 961)

275 ) Hydro Fission Aquarium / 68 / 124 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Atomic Age Living and Dining; November 2011 Compilation Set; The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection

276 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 368 / 475 / 23% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 422, # 402, # 504)

edited August 2020
    @puzzleaddict - Maybe this is why sometimes I would find that CYS discount was not as expected after purchasing an item. I always thought it had something to do with rounding off the discount or not knowing how the first item discount was applied.

I will update the CYS section on page 1 with a link to your post.

How will this affect the formula to calculate the CYS amount to be free when the set comes on the DD?

Does the extra discount for the first item no longer apply? (I have always been puzzled about the first item discount because the formula we have used since CYS came out didn't account for the first item discount. CYS price is (Set Price*.9)-(Item Cost*.9) rounded up to the nearest 5 sp.

This is from the CYS section from page 1 of this thread
    The first item you buy in a set that is CYS enabled takes more off the price of the set than you paid for the item. But this only works for the first item.

Normally each item you buy only reduces the set price by 90% of the cost of the item but for the first item you also get a bonus of 10% of the whole set price. If you buy the first item in a set at full price, your discount is equal to (10% of the Set Price) - (10% of the item cost).
    Post edited by Me1620 on

Current Deal

276 ) Street Couture - Kids and Teens / 368 / 475 / 23% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 422, # 402, # 504)

Upcoming Deals

277 ) Atomic Age Living and Dining / 952 / 1377 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; One item included in The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 248, # 816)

278 ) Silent Hunter / 29 / 63 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Waning Moon

279 ) Fraud Laug / 8 / 28 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study)

280 ) Vamp Neckline Blouse / 20 / 75 / 73% / 2 hours

281 ) Elite Efflorescence / 15 / 19 / 21% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire

282 ) Date Night / 975 / 1950 / 50% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation

283 ) Tiered Skirt / 45 / 75 / 40% / 2 hours

284 ) Sweeter Than Flowers / 30 / 90 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxury Resort Attire; August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 377)

285 ) Fleece Shirt With Zipper / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours

286 ) Glass Flowers Column / 15 / 41 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Lounge Spa; August 2011 Compilation

287 ) India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyles / 444 / 1200 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: India Inspirations Collection; April 2012 Compilation Set; Best of 2012 Compilation

288 ) Yang Modern Chair / 33 / 81 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Living Compilation; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top