Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does coolspears sickness mod still work ?

I was just wondering
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    to anyone wondering yes it does
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Which mod is this?
    it makes the illness better in game you can find it on mod the sims @loubyloulou
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Do Sims get sick more often with this mod? I’ve been looking for something like that for quite a while!
    Do Sims get sick more often with this mod? I’ve been looking for something like that for quite a while!

no but they stay sick longer and they have to rest to get well @EliasVersace
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    slice of life is better i think since is newer and will be updated
    edited August 2020
    bandit5 wrote: »

it also adds a lot I don't like and I don;t like illness in it ether and they get sick all the time with it also
    you have to down load a program for that one so that makes me nervous
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

it also adds a lot I don't like and I don;t like illness in it ether and they get sick all the time with it also

You mean the installer? There's no obligation to download that - you can still install it manually if you want; I do.
    edited August 2020

You mean the installer? There's no obligation to download that - you can still install it manually if you want; I do.

oh thats good to know still think cool spear did a better job with illness if the illness in slice of life weren't so frequent
    I think I would really like it @loubyloulou
    hey @EliasVersace this might be more of what your looking for
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited August 2020
    I like some of Coolspear's mods. They're very unique and have some good components. However some are very... oddly written. He seems to want to go through the most difficult and complicated way possible. His "NPC Staff" mod comes to mind. Extremely complicated to use properly.

Paulson's NPCC mod is much easier to use, but is RIDDLED with bugs. Plus, he keeps his current versions behind a pay-wall for years at a time, which I refuse to pay. And I haven't found a decent replacement yet.

Doesn't matter to me much though. All of coolspear's mods have been abandoned. They will ALL stop working eventually. I'd rather just remove them all now and get it over with. Start looking for replacements that will be updated in the future.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Not very long ago Coolspear's mods were the only ones I used. There are a few that I still use, but I can see where that won't be possible when EA/Maxis is updating the base game every couple of months. I've slowly been replacing his with others that are more compatible after all the changes that have been made since December. I still have the Sims4 Legacy Edition installed on a different PC with all the mods he created, and play it almost as often as I play my updated version of Sims4 as I wait for the modding community to catch up after EL and NK were released. So my advice is to look for the type of mod you want somewhere else other than Coolspear's site. Once EA decides to end Sims4, Coolspear might return and update his favorite mods. He just grew tired of EA/Maxis's constant updating, and needed a break after PC issues, and being ill.