Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

These patches aren't cutting it lately :(

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    APotts wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's bothering me how yet again they've ignored most of the bugs that players have been complaining about since Eco Lifestyle came out, it's been two and a half months and 3-4 patches yet we're still getting big bugs from that.

Maybe they're trying to figure out a fix.

Or maybe they haven't been made aware of the issue.

Or maybe they can't replicate the issue.

It took me 15 minutes reading about ECO on the forum to discover what's broken, and decide not to purchase until they fix it, I don't think the issues are that hard to figure out.

Simvasion pretty much solved a lot of the ECO lifestyle bugs with his mod and he posted about it on Answer HQ... So...did they add those changes or not? Because I can't tell what "Fixed an issue where NPC Sims would continuously steal objects from Lots without having the Kleptomaniac Trait." is even supposed to mean. Wasn't the issue that they stole things like sinks and tables from community lots when sharing is caring was active in any neighborhood?

@simvasion sorry for tagging you but...did they look at your mod at all?

Again why is it that people making mods to fix our game but not the actually team?

Thank god for you mod creators.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020

Again why is it that people making mods to fix our game but not the actually team?

Thank god for you mod creators.

Yeah I am just...really confused. The issue was never that they had the klepto trait...they had the civicpolicy buff buff_CivicPolicy_NPCAutonomy_CommunalOwnership. So I have really no idea what they are talking about in the patch notes.

Update...I did some testing, I think they have fixed it...? Remains to be seen.

Post edited by logion on
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I agree with the sentiment here but I did have an annoying roof-building bug. I can only hope it was fixed, because that description was too vague and didn't refer to the building and shaping of roofs. I'll be glad if I'm rid of that bug, at least; it was so frustrating. (I'm not playing TS4 today or maybe this week, but I'm still thankful if that bug was fixed.)

It seems roof bug(s) haven't been that common for the forum members. I'm lucky because I haven't gotten a gardening bug and my doggie ate on her own a lot.

Also, I still like the comedy and it taps into my longtime love of the franchise (maybe triggering some nostalgia or similar) but I do prefer SimGuruGnome's patch notes. I appreciate any of the pet-loving commentary from anyone. <3 I'm not yet sickened by the fun attitude around the messy game and it DOES help me get through the boring bits.

It's not like when they discussed their "favorite" bugs. I didn't see it but I didn't like the framing at the time with whatever terrible bugs I was working around whenever that was. Har har! :/:s
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I agree the patches this year are not great we’ve had like 1 or 2 good ones and that’s it. Eco lifestyle is really bad and needs fixing I’m starting to think the “bugs” of naps and footprint are not bugs and are what they perceive as gameplay. If this is the case it’s bad. This is the first pack in the whole of the sims franchise I actually hate and wish I never bought. Sorry I’m rambling and going off topic which I never do. The gardening is still not fixed and most of my sims use this skill. This patch has done nothing to my game and not fixed anything at all

2020 has been a terrible year for TS4...lol to think they said "2020 will be the best year for TS4 ever."

Coronavirus + TS4 = Happy 2020...not!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Well...thank GOD they fixed the Spark'd submitions thingy and the EA Access Logo thingy, SO much more important than..Idk...fixing our gardens *sarcasm if you can believe it*
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »
    Well...thank GOD they fixed the Spark'd submitions thingy and the EA Access Logo thingy, SO much more important than..Idk...fixing our gardens *sarcasm if you can believe it*

They seem...idk...to still shill for that disgrace...
    It's over....can we move on now? Maybe...idk...fix the game?
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2020
    I really dislike the attempts at humour in the patch notes, it's always rubbed me the wrong way. Constant technical issues stopped being funny about ten years ago.

Yes. 💯

At best it comes off like they aren’t taking the multitude of issues seriously. At worst it feels patronizing/condescending.

It’s not a good look for a game with so many long-standing, unresolved bugs.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

I mean it's even more ridiculous really, that they fix the sparkd submitions thingy when the whole thing is already over? WHY?
    why spend time and effort on that of all things?
    makes no sense at all....
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    They're giving the phrase "laughing all the way to the bank" a whole new level of meaning.
    Maybe they were too busy spending the money they got from us to have time to give us our money's worth.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Am I the only one not seeing the patch notes? I had no idea we even had any scheduled for today until I tried to play
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one not seeing the patch notes? I had no idea we even had any scheduled for today until I tried to play

@Missmagoo2 Patch notes are not showing in a banner for me but they were posted here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980051/august-18th-2020-patch-notes#latest
    They're giving the phrase "laughing all the way to the bank" a whole new level of meaning.
    Maybe they were too busy spending the money they got from us to have time to give us our money's worth.

Truth.
    RavenSpit wrote: »

I mean it's even more ridiculous really, that they fix the sparkd submitions thingy when the whole thing is already over? WHY?
    why spend time and effort on that of all things?
    makes no sense at all....

to be honest, I hope Spark got such low ratings that they scrap it all together.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I curious to see HOW sharing is caring was fixed. Even more curious to see if they fixed sims being infected with NAPs not in their neighbourhood and just didn't mention it. I really hope they fixed that one because it's pretty bad.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's bothering me how yet again they've ignored most of the bugs that players have been complaining about since Eco Lifestyle came out, it's been two and a half months and 3-4 patches yet we're still getting big bugs from that.

Maybe they're trying to figure out a fix.

Or maybe they haven't been made aware of the issue.

Or maybe they can't replicate the issue.

Just emphasises the need for communication from the developers with the players which we're so badly lacking, if they actually acknowledged they're working on things we'd know what's going on and if we're being listened to, but we dont.

Plus, they have an entire website dedicated to reporting bugs, many people have been reporting these bugs so they should see it.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I curious to see HOW sharing is caring was fixed. Even more curious to see if they fixed sims being infected with NAPs not in their neighbourhood and just didn't mention it. I really hope they fixed that one because it's pretty bad.

I think that was fixed in the july patch. I copied this part that seems to be about that issue. "NPC Sims will no longer follow enacted policies in their home neighborhood if Sims travel to another neighborhood or world before the voting period ends." I am also curious to know which way they intend to take to adress sharing is caring. Are they gonna stop it and make it have zero effects, or only apply it to visitors to your house? would love to know how it works now if they have altered it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm not sure if they have toned down sharing is caring...

But they can still steal chairs and destroy your community lots.

F3GHgBo.png

Miko just stole that chair, the bar requires four bar chairs to be considered a karaoke bar, when my sim will leave, the lot will change into an unfinished lot with no sims until you go into build mode and fix the lot, until another sim destroys it again.

This happened 10 minutes after I enabled Sharing is caring with cheats.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2020
    deleted

Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    eco life ruined a three month save of mine I really liked that save :'(
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    So sharing is caring is still a problem? :s

Why am I not surprised.

May I remind everyone that Sims 2 and Sims 3 were left in bad states with some pretty unforgiving errors and modders fixed it. Sims 4 will be no different.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    While I appreciate almost everything that gets patched, it seems that they are falling way behind the number of issues that are plaguing this game.

Gardening is a challenge these days. I had a Sim go fishing hoping that he'd catch a cowplant berry, which he finally did. He planted it as soon as he got home and then it vanished. Fortunately, it reappeared the next day. On another lot I had a full-grown cowplant vanish but I could still hear it and its bell. It reappeared several hours later. Last night I had a Sim tend his garden which consisted of spliced plants needed for scientist serums and cooking as well as a spliced death flower. All of his plants disappeared when he was done - not even mounds were visible. Three Sim days later the plants are all still gone. It's definitely a challenge to get some aspirations completed.

I don't mind the humor in the patch notes.

I haven't played today so I'm curious to see if my Grand Master Vampires have learned to control their constant need to knit toddler items and mailbox covers. :D
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I love the humour in the patch notes. And they did mention I believe it was a small patch right off. Having to work from home and still maintain teamwork can be challenging at times. I think under the circumstances they are coping well. And though I agree most modders are awesome especially for Sims3 in my case they also get to work without time schedules, budgets & someone having to approve every move they make.

I haven't had a garden bug nor a problem with sharing/caring (have probably just jinxed myself there) so far but I have been busy with some "home' stuff so my game has had to come second and only for short times. Oh the Horror.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    So_Money wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Having to work from home and still maintain teamwork can be challenging at times. I think under the circumstances they are coping well.
    To be fair, it’s not like the team was killing it with the fixes in the six years before they had to work from home.

Yep.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2020
    I agree the patches this year are not great we’ve had like 1 or 2 good ones and that’s it. Eco lifestyle is really bad and needs fixing I’m starting to think the “bugs” of naps and footprint are not bugs and are what they perceive as gameplay. If this is the case it’s bad. This is the first pack in the whole of the sims franchise I actually hate and wish I never bought. Sorry I’m rambling and going off topic which I never do. The gardening is still not fixed and most of my sims use this skill. This patch has done nothing to my game and not fixed anything at all

2020 has been a terrible year for TS4...lol to think they said "2020 will be the best year for TS4 ever."

It upsets me to say this but I agree it’s been such a bad year. For me personally the only good things have been the stuff packs which suits my gameplay style but I know for a lot of simmers it’s been bad. I’ve played this game since it first came out and I’ve never known it be as bad as this year. The 20th anniversary was diabolical and eco lifestyle is the worst ep I’ve ever known. I’m a simmer who will keep an open mind and appreciate if something is good but not my gameplay style (usually supernatural and gameplay stuff) but this year has been so underwhelming.

To each their own. I genuinely dont relate to or "get" the eco lifestyle bashing. Its fun as heck to me , personally. Wouldnt want to play without it. And actually i see a lot of thought and effort was put into it. It adds a much needed sense of community and i love seeing Juiced sims, i can actually tell the N.A.P.s are having an impact. Imo, this year has been just fine . Cant please em' all.