Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunk Beds are most likely coming soon!

Comments

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Heard "they're bringing bunk beds" at least a dozen times over the years, especially with IL (OMG Ladders!, Not that we had pool ladders for years). And TSM has lots of stuff that TS4 doesn't have. So it's just wishful thinking and Imho it signals absolutely nothing. As long as there is no hard proof for it, i wouldnt bet a Simoleon on it. Just hyping the same topic again and again doesn't make it reality.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I also think they are coming and that they will be included in a free update with more varieties added in a pack
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    Hopefully they do put bunk beds in am doing decade challenge trying to fit all the kids in without bunk beds is crazy hopefully we will get them but if not then not
  • ShaytanShaytan Posts: 11 New Member
    Ah, this is something I've wanted for a good while! Given the animating part would be the most troublesome, wold it be asking too much for more than a single model design? And, well, that it doesn't come with its own odd twist much like the Murphy bed, what a shame it would be if the Sim in the bottom could get crushed by the one at the top, mainly if it also allowed for the Wohoo interation...
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I don't mind if we're going to have a bunk bed, but I'm not sure if I will always use it in my game, because I don't even use the Murphy bed a lot. I would prefer if they could give us a new feature that is enriching our gameplay experience. But, yeah, having a bunk bed is okay & nice, but not really in my interest for the time being.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    why do people want bunk beds so bad? so your sim will struggle to get up to the top bunk and then glitch teleport when they wake up? i just see there being a lot of issues with it. i hate how simmers latch onto one thing and beg for it nonstop until they finally add it to the game and then it's on to the next thing to beg for. before it used to be packs like seasons, pets and university. now it's silly things like bunk beds and burglars.

Don’t forget when these simmers kept crying for toddlers & then university . That’s why I am ashamed to even be part of the community sometimes . I know we alll want things but always nagging about it won’t help. EA knows what majority of the community wants, just give them time to do it. I’m sure bunk beds will come soon. But I rather wait as long as it takes because maybe they are working out the glitches like the sims 3 had
  • JADETIGERJADETIGER Posts: 23 Member
    Bunk beds (or loft beds with room to place objects below) would be nice for some aspects of storytelling in my game - but it won’t be the end of the world if we don’t get them.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I hope that bunk beds will come to TS 4 in the near future. I was just recently creating a kids room for two children and thought how useful bunk beds would have been in that situation.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Honestly don’t know why bunk beds haven’t been done already. The animation isn’t hard, if a modder can do a bunk bed with a ladder animation AND a climb into bed animation then a big team can do it.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I don't want just plain old bunk beds I also want a bunk bed but with a full size bed and a desk attached to it. I mean that's probably asking for a lot. Or just some different with the lower bed not just a plain bunk bed I mean don't get me wrong I do love bunk beds but I would also like a variety of different bunk beds especially like a teen and a kid sharing bunk beds.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I don't want just plain old bunk beds I also want a bunk bed but with a full size bed and a desk attached to it. I mean that's probably asking for a lot. Or just some different with the lower bed not just a plain bunk bed I mean don't get me wrong I do love bunk beds but I would also like a variety of different bunk beds especially like a teen and a kid sharing bunk beds.

That’s a lot of bunk beds but I wholeheartedly agree!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I started to see a bunk bed speech bubbles quite often recently. Fingers crossed.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited August 2020
    I started to see a bunk bed speech bubbles quite often recently. Fingers crossed.

Yayy! I have never seen that but I did find a pic on Reddit of someone who saw what she thinks is a hint.

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I am generally not an objects fan so if we have or not have bunk beds makes no difference to me. But I would like them to save spaces in Tiny homes cause that's really tone deaf that we got murphy beds instead of bunk beds with Tiny living
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Yeah me too.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Bunk bed are already here. Once again the modding community pulls through:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1FjVzycwuw
    giphy.gif

• SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I sure hope so, but doesn't Sims Mobile have loads of awesome stuff TS4 doesn't? Or was that FreePlay when I used to see all that awesome baby and toddler content?
    Bunk bed are already here. Once again the modding community pulls through

It’s nice that they got it to work, but the animation doesn’t look on par with TS4’s quality of movement,
    If they got that to work there will be no excuse for Maxis.
    Simtanium wrote: »
    I sure hope so, but doesn't Sims Mobile have loads of awesome stuff TS4 doesn't? Or was that FreePlay when I used to see all that awesome baby and toddler content?

Indeed. Sims mobile has bunkbeds. Imagine that. :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am generally not an objects fan so if we have or not have bunk beds makes no difference to me. But I would like them to save spaces in Tiny homes cause that's really tone deaf that we got murphy beds instead of bunk beds with Tiny living

I think it's reasonable them not being in Tiny Living, as much as they are a space saving thing it's not a thing in tiny homes. I've never seen a bunk bed in a tiny home, a loft bed you'll probably see but never a bunk bed.

Bunk beds belongs more in a family related pack like Parenthood or Kids Room stuff. When I think of bunk beds I think of kids rooms so them not being in kids room stuff is such a stupid design decision, they should've been the "big item" in kids room stuff rather than those other things I've never seen a single person use.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I do miss bunk beds, but not sure they will make their way to S4. Been too long now.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

It’s nice that they got it to work, but the animation doesn’t look on par with TS4’s quality of movement,

They can only work with what they’re given, obviously it’s not gonna be at the same level as the actual team....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

edited August 2020

They can only work with what they’re given, obviously it’s not gonna be at the same level as the actual team....

It could be though. The interactions work fine, this modder just doesn't have access to a good animator (some do).
    It's a matter of personal preference. I usually don't install mods that have mediocre animation because I need everything to look right in my game (what I personally define as 'right').
    But another person can be totally happy as long as the mod satisfies their need for a highly requested feature, without being too fussed about the overall aesthetics. And that's totally fine.
    I'm just not that person. ;)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    IF ot comes in the next game pack, what can it be about? Maybe intern active high school?

Maybe it'll be a bit like the stairs update with Realm of Magic, where it's not directly related to the pack but was still a good time to release it?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I hope bunk beds in The Sims 4 include the option of having the roof fly off, a hail storm afterwards, and a bunk bed breaking much like this scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGvWYYCWFq8