Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
You've seen those home renovations shows....so you know that not every house is ready for you to put your design spin on it, right? Some are worse than others..... :D So that is what this is about… Read the client brief, it will tell you everything you need to know about the needed renovation.
There will be no winners......... this is just for fun and to challenge your creativity based on what someone else would want.

BTW...use MOO when downloading my builds.

~~~~~~~RULES~~~~~~~
  • NO CC
  • Give credit to those that created something you are using.
  • Tag your upload description with the tag in the brief.
  • Cheats permitted: bb.moveobjects , bb.showhiddenobjects , bb.showliveeditobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement, and your favorite to obtain the funds to do the build.
  • Do not go over the budget. Delete any available money and use only what is budgeted, but whatever furniture and appliances you delete is bonus money but not walls cabinets, or plumbing, unless indicated in the brief.
  • Maintain the lot size
  • Do not change the exterior walls, unless indicated in the client briefing.
  • Do not change the roofline, unless indicated in the client briefing.
  • Do not change the interior load-bearing walls (marked with a red arrow, please remove arrows before submitting), unless indicated in the client briefing.
  • T.O.O.L. permitted
  • Playtest your reno, please.
Entry form: (copy/paste to post)
Origin ID:
Link to the gallery:
Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes, No, only positive.
Link to more photos/slideshow (optional):
Pictures: 1 top view (per story) 1 of each side of the house/lot (walls up) and others of your choice use spoiler.
Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
bK9v9z4.jpg?1
Post edited by nali272 on

Comments

• nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    edited January 2021
    9Ma7C8N.jpg

For participating in RMHWeiss challenge…

1YMUSpW.jpg
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited January 2021
    Deleted...

bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited January 2021
    holding spot
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited January 2021
    holding spot
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited January 2021
    The Pitts Briefing:

Mandy Pitts has purchased her first home. This creative, outgoing, ambitious aspiring writer is giving you $100,000 to renovate it to her specifics.

Lot ID: RMHPitts Lot size: 20x15 Floorplan: single story, 2bed, 1 bath
    • Issues to resolve: Repair the foundation and add stairs to the front door (not sure how the previous owner got in the house). Please keep the front door on the side. Extend the kitchen to the edge of the back patio, may claim the area between the kitchen and second bedroom. Add a door to the back patio. Clean, paint, and fix scratches and cracks on walls, windows, and doors throughout including the 2 mouse holes.
    • Things to know: She would like a semi-open floor plan. There is a tub in the bathroom that she would like to keep. The second bedroom must accommodate a guest and be a home office. If the budget permits, she would love a fireplace. Only 2-4 exterior lights, please. New or refurbished mailbox.
    • Exterior style: Cottage with shiplap or siding. Re-shingle the roof, extend the roofline to cover the patios. Sitting area and potted plants on the porch by the front door. Add a small pretty fence around the property with a lush walkway to the stairs. She would also like an area to meditate at the back of the house.
    • Interior style: Cottage, no red, no wallpaper, and no carpet.
    • Landscape: English cottage with low maintenance

TAG: #RMHPitts

ZGPpDLk.png
    so8HGxK.png
    4kj0MDH.png
    tOgr15n.png
    vVPd1U8.png
    cUkL8zQ.png
    GOyLGWX.png
    q5upmZB.png
    u4W5iZo.png
    Tc8dYxO.png
    L6oZ8Tk.png
    5vPFM1q.png
    KqGGvVI.png

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3B6A78E5DF4D11EA882F6BCA73FEC1DB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=trinican&max=50&maxis=false
    Ends August 31st.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member

Origin ID: Tildeeeeee
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FABB31FADF9811EA8CB66BCA73FEC1DB
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure
    Pictures:
    Top View:
    gzm3R8z.png

@TrashDeBlunc , The house is lovely and warm. I love the pops of blue! I have never used that archway to the hall before, I will be using that in the future. ;) The private back porch for meditation was a nice touch too. Thanks for being my first participant. <3
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    nali272 wrote: »
    @TrashDeBlunc , The house is lovely and warm. I love the pops of blue! I have never used that archway to the hall before, I will be using that in the future. ;) The private back porch for meditation was a nice touch too. Thanks for being my first participant. <3

I had a really fun time and am grateful for the work you put in for the awful state it starts out in! Thanks for the challenge!
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/96ED15E1E04811EA8BF40AEFC4F4C4FC
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/pitts-remodel.html
    Pictures:
    08-16-20-10-00-59-pm.png
    Sides of the home:
    08-16-20-10-07-07-pm_orig.png
    08-16-20-9-55-27-pm.png
    08-16-20-9-56-11-pm.png
    08-16-20-9-56-46-pm.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    Btw, I was unsure on the tag as the post said #RTHPitts but everywhere else it talks about Renovate MY House, so I also put #RMHPitts in my upload. Which is the correct tag for future reference?
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & link: Pitts Cottage
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure
    Link to slideshow: RMH - August Challenge
    Pictures:
    Top view
    iRVxJSx.png
    Exterior
    9L87EHW.png
    Interior
    sjaXZ78.png
    jTpQ4he.png
    FioDhLa.png
    fGfEop1.png
    edited August 2020
    @icanhassims, thank you for participating. Excited by the home's double access to the bathroom, would have never thought of that. Happy to see the fireplace! It will inspire and the relaxing shades of blue are a joy.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Btw, I was unsure on the tag as the post said #RTHPitts but everywhere else it talks about Renovate MY House, so I also put #RMHPitts in my upload. Which is the correct tag for future reference?

I apologize, it has been edited.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @AlJay, thank you for participating. The Pitts cottage went from the pits to a pleasure. The flower beds are awesome. Thanks for the backdoor to the patio, the fireplace, and the grill. The sun-dial, birdbath, windchime, and bird feeder are a nice added touch.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @nali272 :)
    Thanks @nali272! :)
  • RaynnRaynn Posts: 23 Member
    Origin ID: Raynn0124
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F66D3301E1CE11EA848B77F3B59007F0
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://raynn0124.tumblr.com/post/626846650293420033/mandy-pitts-house
    Pictures: I can't post pictures (or links) yet
    @Raynn, Thank you for participating, cute rose room for mediating with easy access from the master bedroom. The guest will enjoy the second bedroom with their own bathroom, nice for the master to get an en-suite. The green and yellow décor lend to the home’s cottage charm. Thanks for the fireplace and access to the back porch, both porches are wonderful areas to sit and say hi to the neighbors.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited August 2020
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Marshall Briefing:

Todd and Evette Marshall have been living in their home for about 7 years, as is, over the years the house has started to fall apart and now they want to make some changes. They have 2 children that are twins, a boy, Jack and a girl, Allyson. They have saved up $75,000 to do a reno. Please make their dreams come true.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHMarshall Budget $80,000 Lot size: 40x30 Floorplan: single story, 3bed, 2.5 bath

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8ACCBC5CEBE011EA859B7B1E401331EB?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=RMHMarshall&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style:
    American Craftsman. Sitting area and potted plants on the porch by the front door. Fence the porches. Get rid of some of the brick.

Interior style:
    Todd likes modern and Evette is a more traditional chic with a lot of sunshine. Please find a happy balance.

Landscape Style:
    Xeriscape, please keep the Hawthorn Tree.

Issues to resolve for/ things to know about your client:
    • Please open the living room, dining room to the kitchen but maintain some form of hall. (loadbearing walls are indicated by the red arrows.
    • Update the family room to match the American Craftsman decor.
    • Replace or clean the carpets in the bedrooms, replace the other floors with tile or wood.
    • Update all rooms to match the interior style choices.
    • Create a play area in the back yard for the children, a shed turned into playroom to house their toys would be nice, you may have to fill some holes.
    • Add a place for the whole family to enjoy somewhere in the yard.
    • Fix the walls that have damage.
    • Update the yard.
    • Jack's room - he would like science theme (do not change the room walls, except closet)
    • Allyson's room - she is into sports, she loves playing basketball with her dad. (do not change the room walls, except closet)
    • Todd and Evette's room - they would love a calming master bedroom. (do not change the room walls, may adjust the master bath and master closet within each other.)
    • Todd and Evette are not attached to the furniture in the house except for the buffets in the dining room.
    • They are extremely attached to all the family photos!!!
    • Evette has a gardening hobby, so if there is enough money for that please add.

Gallery TAG: #RMHMarshall - DUE Sept 14th

MEvN0Gz.png
    903Qntv.png
    H4aGBFS.png
    D6K03vJ.png
    EVJDv4M.png
    eBkgTHN.png - keep the buffets
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Marshall Remodel
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/marshall-remodel.html
    Photos:
    08-31-20-10-04-29-pm_orig.png
    08-31-20-9-53-23-pm.png

Other sides of the lot: (3 photos)
    08-31-20-10-10-29-pm.png
    08-31-20-10-10-16-pm.png
    08-31-20-10-10-23-pm.png
    @icanhassims, Your renovation of the Marshall home was inspirationally fast!!!! I hope you enjoyed remaking it. The trees in the children's wing hallway was a surprise as well as the bridge walkway. Thank you for keeping the Hawthorn tree, buffets, and the family photos. The basketball goal, playhouse, and greenhouse will serve for hours of entertainment. The exterior is a great choice for an American Craftsman home. And your interpretation of a Xeriscape landscape is delightful. The revamp of the living room fireplace was refreshing to see changed. All and all a great renovation… thank you for participating. :)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I'm excited to start but have a few questions: do the grey arrows mean anything? also are the walls in the hall (laundry room and small bathroom) able to be removed?
    @Clousinators , walls with arrows are considered non moveable. You may adjust the laundry and small bath room.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    Does it matter what world it is placed in? What world do you have it in?
    edited September 2020
    @NiniBeMe69 - no it does not, just the lot size. Newcrest.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1