Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbella making the most important videos <3.

2...Next

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Lilsimsie just posted a video about this too :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgC9bv0AZQs

Good on her for being so self-aware and willing to add her voice to those who have been asking for more natural skin tones for years.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I love Plumbella, but Xmiramira and others have been trying to point this out for years now.

True, but it's nice that others are adding their voice to the issue. We should all be involved in this issue. The darker skin tones got the brunt of it. However, the base game skin tones and the more recent additions have been pretty bad all around. For example, I've never seen a real live person with skin so red as some of EA's non-occult skin tones in my life. Not on television, not in print media, not anywhere. The team artists have really bad eyes for recreating skin color.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    "People should be able to represent themselves in a game designed to represent life."

I'm not a huge fan of Lilsimsie, but her latest video regarding skin tones was refreshing to watch. I really hope to see more Game Changers talking about this, then maybe a colour wheel or slider may not have to be a pipe dream after all.

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    We really do need more skin tones. Just as an example for comparison's sake, most makeup brands have like 40 different shades of foundation. We only have 26 shades of natural skin tones (meaning, not including blue/green/red, etc). I hope EA does listen about this issue.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes, we need more hairs too.I can't believe this monstruosity is even in the game :

RgKykx8.png

Lots of black Simmers, even black Game Changers, have been posting videos and commentary about this for years. I’m glad others have joined in, and hopefully it happens soon. But then it would be kind of sad that brown voices weren’t heard without support of the more peach-huetubers.

I agree :/, esp since poc gamechangers like xmiramira have been asking for it for a while - it's not like they're small names or anything in the sims community. If doing a slider was impossible, it would be nice at least to see her melanin swatches make it into the game, esp for console players who can't get cc- apparently she's down for a collab even. Would also like improved olive/dark olive swatches (not sure if her pack covers them, as I haven't installed it), as the current offering is kinda jaundice...

Other than skin tones, definitely would like to see more base game natural hair + baby hair on the diversity side of things, and increased swatches for eyes/hair overall.

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes, we need more hairs too.I can't believe this monstruosity is even in the game :

RgKykx8.png

Lots of black Simmers, even black Game Changers, have been posting videos and commentary about this for years. I’m glad others have joined in, and hopefully it happens soon. But then it would be kind of sad that brown voices weren’t heard without support of the more peach-huetubers.

I agree :/, esp since poc gamechangers like xmiramira have been asking for it for a while - it's not like they're small names or anything in the sims community. If doing a slider was impossible, it would be nice at least to see her melanin swatches make it into the game, esp for console players who can't get cc- apparently she's down for a collab even. Would also like improved olive/dark olive swatches (not sure if her pack covers them, as I haven't installed it), as the current offering is kinda jaundice...

Other than skin tones, definitely would like to see more base game natural hair + baby hair on the diversity side of things, and increased swatches for eyes/hair overall.

Why do you call it a monstruosity? I like that hairstyle. With that being said, I agree, we need more representation.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    candyboot wrote: »

RgKykx8.png

Why do you call it a monstruosity?

The texture looks awful.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

RgKykx8.png

The texture looks awful.

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with the hairstyle. I would use it willingly too if it were textured properly. That looks like they weren't even trying.

To be fair though, most base game textures are aweful, but this one it's especially prominent. I'd love if they went back and fixed it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Exactly. I'm not calling this hairstyle in general a monstruosity, I'm calling this specific one horrible because it has no texture, looks almost plastic like....

RgKykx8.png

The texture looks awful.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

RgKykx8.png

The texture looks awful.

I think this hairstyle is insultive. What makes people think blacks are still wearing a 1970's afro? The stereotyping that goes on here from people wanting 'diversity' is really shocking since they think people are still wearing out of style hair styles from fifty years ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited August 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »

RgKykx8.png

The texture looks awful.

I think this hairstyle is insultive. What makes people think blacks are still wearing a 1970's afro? The stereotyping that goes on here from people wanting 'diversity' is really shocking since they think people are still wearing out of style hair styles from fifty years ago.

My girl friend wears a big afro regularly. Another guy friend wears one smaller than the game one. Lots of black women wear TWAs while transitioning (teeny weeny afros). Even ive wore one out. I dont like it being a 'token' look while ignoring locs, twist outs, wash n goes, knotouts, box braids, twists etc, but people still wear fros. The fro isnt the problem, its the texture. It looks horrible!! There are some other good CC ones. Also if youre playing an older style gameplay or trying to recreate a character it can be useful. It just has to look better than this 😩
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Some of the dark skin tones are super bad :(
    Best example:
    fgV7ubV.png
    REALLY?????

Oh yeah that is so terrible and when they tan....omg it is really bad.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I love Plumbella, but Xmiramira and others have been trying to point this out for years now.

Hello!! It is quite frustrating when black simmers have raised this issue ages ago and now they start to listen....anyway....EA.
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    Lilsimsie just posted a video about this too :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgC9bv0AZQs

I literally came here to say this because I was tired of people bashing her cause of the cowplant suggestion.
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't know why it's such a big deal when Plumbella, Lilsimsie, and other game changers post about these issues. Us simmers have been voicing these concerns long before they ever did!

EAxis should be paying more attention to us and our requests and suggestions instead of these game changers. We are the ones buying the game and playing it and are the source for their profits and funding of projects. Game changers are THEIR representatives to us, not the other way around. These game changers are biased in favor toward EAxis, not in favor toward simmers because they get free games and other perks. That's why I don't trust them or watch them.

The only one I truly trust is LGR, who refuses to be bought. I love his reviews because they're truly fair and not always fawning over every release even if a particular pack is poor.

I love that he doesn't hold back and is pretty much voicing what more and more people are thinking and saying:

"This is nothing more than another forgettable add-on to an increasingly forgettable game that has far outstayed its welcome" - from his review on the Nifty Knitting stuff pack

Game changers would never!

PS: This comment is also from LGR's review:

"It's so incredibly 'meh'. I mean WHY? Hard to believe they are still doing this. We should have had Sims 5 long ago. This is just like throwing glitter at poop & hoping people don't notice. In fact call it "Glitter-Poop Stuff" & have done it with it! 😉"

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I don't know why it's such a big deal when Plumbella, Lilsimsie, and other game changers post about these issues. Us simmers have been voicing these concerns long before they ever did!

EAxis should be paying more attention to us and our requests and suggestions instead of these game changers. We are the ones buying the game and playing it and are the source for their profits and funding of projects. Game changers are THEIR representatives to us, not the other way around. These game changers are biased in favor toward EAxis, not in favor toward simmers because they get free games and other perks. That's why I don't trust them or watch them.

The only one I truly trust is LGR, who refuses to be bought. I love his reviews because they're truly fair and not always fawning over every release even if a particular pack is poor.

I love that he doesn't hold back and is pretty much voicing what more and more people are thinking and saying:

"This is nothing more than another forgettable add-on to an increasingly forgettable game that has far outstayed its welcome" - from his review on the Nifty Knitting stuff pack

Game changers would never!

PS: This comment is also from LGR's review:

"It's so incredibly 'meh'. I mean WHY? Hard to believe they are still doing this. We should have had Sims 5 long ago. This is just like throwing glitter at poop & hoping people don't notice. In fact call it "Glitter-Poop Stuff" & have done it with it! 😉"

AMEN! <3 LGR said it best.