Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @SimsLady2000 - Thanks! It was waaaaay too much fun! I useD Andrew’s pose player for the majority of the photos...some are just the standard in game poses that came in the Moschino Stuff pack/related game play.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Thank you. I assume that is a mod that I am going to go find right now. I hope you post more. Those were fantastic.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited August 2020
    @sarabeth2984

Hey! I wanted to let you know after many test and exiting to main sceem without saving :neutral: I finally found a way to get Mckenna and Matty together!

You have to play someone outside the household, that is friends with both the sims in you are trying to hook up. Then go to somewhere with all three sims, but somewhere that is secluded or where they can be alone.

Via get Get Together, use the mutual friend to ask the unflirty sim, to hook up with their love interest.

I had Juliana ask Mckenna to hook up with Matty then after going back into the Stone household, they had a small pink bar!

They were also boyfriend and girlfriend which personally for me was a bit much, but I'll just stage thaqt part lol :wink:

@RedDestiny92

Wow, I was --- wow no Don, bad sharks bad.....

I um wow this was a turn a huge one, man poor Throne, I hope he can manage for the baby in his stomach even if it is in denial for the remainder of the pregnancy, eek.

:bawling: Love-hate this entry!

Also the kids are soooooo cute! I loved how you used that hair on Ibraham, they all look darling as kids!

Been reading and awesoming and liking everyone!~

I will be back with my stories at some point still working out things.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Journal of Felipe Monte**gro

-At bowling practice the other night I was talking to Ryder, he still seems to be depressed or whatever over his divorce, the fact that Lilith has remarried some guy, I can’t remember his name it’s something Indian I think, probably doesn’t help. I can tell the band thing’s not going well, he lives with his parents and yet doesn’t seem to have much money from what I can see. So afterwards, well, I got an idea. I think Ryder needs a real job, something with a regular paycheck and a focus in his life. I called Trent Evans who works in the music industry, I still consider him a friend, even though we haven’t seen each other in ages and I’ve never even met his twins. Because, well, guys do that, we don’t need to stay connected like women do to still be friends. I kind of know that Trent and me will always be there to help one another out if one of us needs it. And while I technically didn’t need his help myself, Ryder is part of my family now and that’s close enough. So I called Trent up and asked him to keep an eye out for any job opportunities he might come across for Ryder in the music business. And Trent said he would be happy to do it because he remembers Ryder from the bowling team and knows he’s a stand up guy.
    A couple weeks later Trent called me and told me he had a line on a job for Ryder. A guy he worked with had quit his job and he and his older brother bought a small independent recording studio, it was some historic sort of place he said. Anyway, one of their relatives had worked for them, she was kind of a jack-of-all-trades and did everything from fetching coffee to singing and playing back up on recordings, well she recently married and had moved away and the two brothers hadn’t been able to find anyone to replace her. Trent thought with Ryder’s background, that he would be a good fit for them and he gave me the info and told me to have Ryder go by there and talk to them. Which I did, it took some convincing, Roxie helped too by talking to Ryder like a relative, meaning kind of bossy and stuff, in a way that I certainly wasn’t able to pull off, I guess. Eventually, he agreed and he did go see them, when he got there some band he kind of knew was recording and he was able to talk to them and make some good suggestions to them about how to improve their sound for the recording, he said. Anyway, the upshot is that the two brothers did hire him and he really likes working for them, they kind of treat him like part of the family and he’s learning about the recording business as well as getting to hang out with other musicians.-

Ab24mty.jpg
    Felipe talks to Ryder at bowling practice.

-I was at bowling practice, it was a weekday evening one and only me, Alexander and Max were there, we have to schedule practices a couple times a week since not everyone can make it on the same day. So you kind of never know who may show up. Anyway Max was being his usual self, meaning he can be kind of mean and say things that aren’t really jokes, he has a habit of stepping over the line sometimes, how that man is a Judge now is honestly beyond me, politics I guess. He made some crack about my wife needing a real man like him who knows how to wear the pants in a marriage, and it went all over me the wrong way. I got really steamed, I know it was mostly because of the argument me and Roxie recently had. I had lasted two days before I totally caved and did what she wanted, because I just couldn’t stand us not talking any longer. But, well, things are still not quite right between us. So, what Max said really hit a raw nerve and I totally got red faced, I do that, and my hands balled up into fists. Alexander must have noticed, I guess, because he said, well Max that’s an odd statement coming from a guy who actually wears a dress to work in, isn’t it? Perhaps it’s best if you leave such things to guys who actually do dress as men to make a living. Then him and Max traded more insults around and I kind of had time to cool off.
    When practice was over, I started to leave, but Alexander grabbed me by my upper arm and kind of started guiding me towards the couch in the lounge. Alexander’s not really all that pumped or anything but he kind of held my arm in a very viselike grip, I noticed. Then we sat down and Alexander said, I’m just going to take a stab in the dark here, Felipe, but my guess is that there’s something going on, because you don’t normally let Max bait you like that. I’m a very good listener, it’s a requirement of my job. So if there’s something you might like to share with me, I’m also very good at keeping confidences, so whatever you say to me will go no further, I give you my word. I told Alexander that me and Roxie had had a really big argument and that things were still kind of tense between us. Was it over woohoo or simoleans, those two topics are the root of most arguments in a marriage 90% of the time, he asked. So I kind of outlined what had happened without giving out too many details, because it seemed really embarrassing and way too personal to get into. Then Alexander said, with Selena and I, it was over finances, she has a very different attitude where our finances are concerned than I do. So you had a big argument over money that you couldn’t resolve, I mean, that lingered on afterwards? I asked. Indeed, Felipe, for 3 days, and I slept in the spare room for those 3 days, he replied. But you’ve been married a long time, I said, so you must have worked it out somehow. We did, we still have disagreements over our finances to this day, but what I did was talk to my father, spirits rest his soul, and I took his advice. Mind you, it was not something I did lightly either, it was a very difficult thing to approach my father with my marital problems, but I was somewhat at a loss and I was a very desperate and unhappy man at that point. So I swallowed my pride and talked to my father about it. What did he tell you to do? I asked. Well, it seemed quite silly to me at the time to be perfectly honest, but my father and mother had a very happy marriage in spite of the age difference and I was at a loss as to how I might even begin to set things right again with Selena. So I went home and asked my wife if she had a fantasy, a bedroom sort of fantasy mind you, that she might like to try, and I told her that I would be willing to do anything she said, no judgements or questions asked. Wait, your dad told you to go home and woohoo your wife. That it would fix your money issue? I asked. Essentially, he answered, but he specifically said I needed to fulfil some secret, previously unknown fantasy of hers, and that I should wait and hope she offered to do the same for me, but if not, that I was to broach the subject with her myself. What it did, Felipe, is it eventually opened up a deeper level of intimacy between my wife and I, which over some time spilled over into other areas of our marriage. We began to share our deep seated fears as well as our hopes and dreams, we became unafraid to share things with one another that had previously been left unsaid between us. That night I went home and asked Roxie exactly what Alexander had said to, I was pretty desperate and I figured it was worth a try.-

0sVnZAm.jpg
    Alexander gives Felipe some advice.

-I did a crazy or stupid thing, we were playing against another local team at Bowl-Mor, and Max, well, he said he and his wife Pollianna had planned a big Wedding Anniversary thing on Saturday. But Issac, Max’s teenage son, who was supposed to be staying at his friends house, well, it fell through, so now they were stuck, he was too old for a sitter, but not old enough to be left alone the whole day either. And I have no idea how or why, but I said that I would be off Saturday and that Issac could spend the day over at my house. That I had a pool and a game console, plus weights, and that Victor and Austin, both also teenagers, loved being at my house, so Issac could probably keep himself entertained too. I instantly regretted it, I cannot stand Max, to be honest, I just flat out don’t like him. I’ve played a lot of sports in my life, and as a result, I’ve been on teams with guys I don’t care for, but none of them did I dislike nearly as much as Max Villareal. So having his kid at my house and being responsible for him the whole time was a really bad idea, just saying. Max accepted my offer, plus he thanked me profusely and everything, so there was no way I could back out, not in front of everyone. I was stuck.
    Afterwards, Omar said that that was a really nice thing I did, and I just decided to flat out ask him how he and the other guys had been friends with Max all these years. That it was a complete mystery to me, because Max was a total je*k most of the time. He just laughed, then he said, well, Felipe, the thing is, what it comes down to, I guess, is that Max needs us. He didn’t have an easy childhood. His mother disappeared when he was a baby, his father had mental problems then passed away when he was still a kid, so his older brother and sister, still pretty young themselves had to step in and raise him. All in all, we’re Max’s friends because sometimes you pick the people to be your friends and sometimes they pick you. Max picked us see, and despite his faults, well, no person is all bad, Max has his moments, he has been there for us when we needed him to be, he finished. OK, I didn’t know all that stuff about his family, and it did sound pretty bad, which kind of made me feel bad for not asking before now. And I said so to Omar. The thing is Felipe, if you ever ask for Max’s help, well, he will, he will move heaven and earth to give you a hand, that I know, he said.
    So, Isaac turned out to be a nice boy, he’s well behaved, he’s kind of a nerd like Than and Bobby. But he really seemed to enjoy himself, he talked to me a lot and when she got home from work Roxie joined in, then we spent a long time after dinner with the three of us just talking too. All in all, I, surprisingly, had a nice day with him, to be honest. How a man like Max lucked out and got a great kid like Issac is beyond me. But I did make it a point at the next bowling practice to say to Max that I thought Issac was a really good kid. Max actually got kind of teary, and he said to me, yeah, he’s a way better son that I deserve, that’s for sure. Which, kind of made me feel bad for thinking the same thing.-

fCJZ29u.jpg
    Felipe, Roxie and Issac chat at the dinner table.

-Me and Roxie may be having a baby, she was supposed to go see the doctor earlier today to make sure. We just started trying, so it seems kind of fast and all, to be honest, but it’s entirely possible, because we’ve been trying a lot. As a result, I could hardly function at work today. After a meeting with the whole Department, my boss Mrs. Hackett came into my office and asked me what was wrong, yeah, it was that obvious, I guess. I wasn’t supposed to say anything to anyone till we had the thing confirmed by a doctor, Roxie said those tests could give false positives sometimes, but Siobhan (Fyres), well, she asked, so I told her. Then she said for me to go, to go to the doctor with Roxie, that this was not something I should miss and that she had her fingers crossed for us.
    So I was already at the doctor’s office when Roxie got there, she was surprised, but I told her I was useless at work anyway that day and decided I wanted to find out when she did. Well, her doctor, Dr. Lancer, Rodney Lancer, by the way, so Rod Lancer, and yes he sounded for all the world like an adult film star and kind of looks like one too, as in he’s kind of good looking and all. He’s only a little older than we are as far as I can tell, and it made me wonder why my wife picked him to be honest. Anyway, he confirmed that we’re going to have a baby. When we got home we called everyone and invited them over in shifts to give them all the news first hand, the next weeks we had a lot of company. Our families are really excited and they tend to show up to check on us at every opportunity, I’m not sure what they think they can do, it’s basically just a waiting game now, right?-

7b5wQzi.jpg
    Roxie loves sharing the big news.

uOfPIdm.jpg
    They told the family the big news in shifts.

-At my last bowling practice, it was me, Omar and Lucas, and they were ribbing me a bit about having a baby. Then when I said something about how woohoo was off the table till after the birth, well, Omar immediately put his bowling ball back on the return and he and Lucas went over to a bench and sat down, then Lucas patted it indicating I should sit with them. Omar started, Felipe, you were kidding about the whole woohoo thing, right? No, Roxie, well, she said that was off the table when she starts getting big, plus, well, with the baby being in there, it kind of weirds me out anyway, you know? I answered. Omar put this head in his hands and Lucas made a face at me. Ok, Omar started, you absolutely cannot just stop that because your wife is carrying your child, Felipe, that is probably one of the most plum things a guy could ever do to his pregnant wife, as far as I’m concerned. Your job is to make her feel desirable and everything, not give in to her insecurities, seriously, dude, you cannot be that stup*d. Well, I’m basically an only child, I don’t know a thing about pregnant women or babies, I said. But Roxie does, she’s the oldest in her family and had to do baby duties with Austin growing up and all. Fair enough, Omar said, but they have classes for that, you are a college grad and can learn can’t you? Then Lucas said, and just so you know, I’ve always had a weak stomach, and I totally lost it during Hans’ birth and had to run to the toilet and toss my cookies. You know what happened then? He asked. One of the nurses followed me and when I was done throwing up she handed me an anti-nausea pill and a cup of water, then some mouth wash and she made me put on a new sterile gown and mask and led me right back into the delivery room. Then when Hans was born, I still had to change his diapers sometimes in spite of the fact that I got sick to my stomach, so if I can do it, you have no excuse. Omar continued, you said you had an ultra sound scheduled this week to determine the baby’s sex, well that’s a perfect time to ask the doctor about the whoohoo thing and about classes on birth and parenting a newborn. You absolutely have to promise me you’ll bring it up to the doctor Felipe. And I did.-

wUnW3QJ.jpg
    Omar and Lucas give Felipe some sage advice.

-We found out we’re having a boy, I tried to not let on that I was overjoyed that it was a boy, I didn’t want Roxie to think that I would have been unhappy with a girl or anything. Then after the ultra sound, Dr. Lancer took us into his office and talked to us about all the stuff Omar and Lucas had told me to ask about without me even having to bring it up. I guess this doctor is kind of good at his job, if I’m honest, it was like he knew we had questions and everything. He asked about birthing methods and I said I liked the one where I was in the waiting room till the whole thing was over. Well, Roxie, laughed, then she said, well that’s not happening Felipe Monte**gro, I can tell you that, both my father and yours were right there when their children were born and you will be too, just so you know. Gee, thanks dad, I thought. The doctor recommended we attend a class for pregnant couples and gave us a stack of pamphlets, one of which was about woohoo, for expecting couples with suggested positions and stuff like that. Then I did ask, about woohoo, I told the doctor what Roxie had said about the woohoo thing, she gave me a dirty look. The doctor kind of lectured both of us and pretty much said we should have normal relations regularly throughout the pregnancy. Then he added, because once you have a newborn, well, let’s just say you’ll find you have a lot less time for that than either of you would like. I’m telling you this as your doctor and as a husband and father of two, he added. I kind of liked that he’s married and has kids.-

@GreyWind Wow, those are some wonderful wedding shots from your game!

@Lyrie I totally forgot about that whole fix up interaction using a third person, I have used that before to get a couple sims together in another save.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited August 2020
    my toddler faith loves her rocking chair from nifty knitting

4uGfP8h.jpg

N3fa9ov.jpg
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Dirk Dreamer - 5 star Celebrity has everyone fanboying him - Drake, Will Smith, Jay Z even Patchy is copping his style
    Patchy-Fan-Boy.png

Also had my first Bunny day and finally saw the flower bunny and found eggs
    Flower-Bunny0.png
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @sunblond Than is learning some good stuff! (Although I do want to point out that polyamorous relationships can totally work if everyone is on-board.) It's really good that he and Omar have such a good rapport and can be so open with each other!

Oh man but just missing out is worse than missing something by a decent margin, so poor Tucker! A lawyer, oh jeez XD Good luck to Roxie and Felipe, sounds like she's having a rough time XD;;

It's cool that Felipe was able to help Ryder out! Max is still pretty unpleasant :-\ Isaac doesn't seem to have ended up too bad, at least. And the doctor sounds like a pretty decent guy!

@Duvelina aww, the visit with Haley was really nice! Por Alyse with the diary, though.

@Nate_Whiplash1 ooh, Lilith is awesome :D Heh, if you're wondering about Caleb, who she lives with, that's not her husband - they're siblings! And yeah, Vlad (the old man vampire) can be... an experience, heh.

@Kamio Cass looks fantastic, what a nice party!
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited August 2020
    Okay, I'm going to keep this update short and end it with a question I wouldn't normally ask.

First, the Update:

I made some changes to Dylan and Zephyr's rooms. In preparation for them becoming teens, I thought it would be fitting to give them separate rooms so that they can develop their own unique interests. These are their new bedrooms and studies.

Dylan's Room and Study

[img][/img]50231664196_486c948398_k.jpge64e10c0-df8d-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50231021923_6ea4bfa1ba_k.jpg74105940-df8e-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan's bed is the same type of bed as his Brother, but blue instead of green. The image wasn't that interesting, so I didn't include it. Dylan has a window above his bed. The window looks the same as the one in his study.

[img][/img]50231021933_92d8a4da8a_k.jpg19269350-df8e-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50231884257_b783668fc2_k.jpg0ef50470-df8e-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50231884197_be688ce744_k.jpg42c6db20-df8e-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50231884182_417f906882_k.jpg2091af30-df8e-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr's Bedroom and Study

[img][/img]50231021858_ed29904150_k.jpg86b30250-df8e-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50231021863_f6930bf459_k.jpg2e0b80b0-df8d-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50231664296_3485b25208_k.jpg3f57c180-df8d-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50231021943_61cfda2606_k.jpg60655d60-df8d-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50231021993_5d670a5975_k.jpg6a9b5910-df8d-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Now, the Question:

Dylan and Zephyr's Childhood feels like it's ending faster than their Toddler Days. After rearranging everything in the house, I realized that I have one more balcony that can be converted into one more bedroom. This means, Calum and Arihi could end up with another kid with the Sulani Mana trait. Also, they have the fertile trait. It is possible for them to have another set of twins, even triplets if I attempt to manipulate the game. My question:

Do you guys think I should go for it? I really can't decide on my own. The general idea is to only manipulate the game to increase the chance of triplets or twins. I'll get the massage and the lay-line lot trait. Their gender will be completely random. Also, I have:

Dylan "The Son of the Wave" (Water Element).
    Zephyr "The Western Wind" (Wind Element).
    The next potential set of twins will be Fire and Earth.
    If I get triplets, it will be Fire, Earth, and the fifth element (Spirit, Aether, or Void)

Their home is also getting on the small side. A couple new additions to the household could require them to move into a bigger home. With everything under consideration, there is the matter of completing an Aspiration. Dylan and Zephyr are the stars of the show so to speak. I created this family to create them even if I didn't completely plan out what I would do with twins from the beginning. Their current lot is close to meeting the requirements for Mansion Baron, and the Aspiration Trait could be extremely good for the twins. It might be better to continue to invest in the current lot until I complete the Aspiration. If the lot meets the requirements, they could end up with a useful trait as early as the teens. Later, I intend to move Dylan and Zephyr out and pick up where I left off with a lot in sapphire shores.

I'll wait for a few responses/ suggestions.
  • Options
    CosmicEchoCosmicEcho Posts: 2 New Member
    Lately I've been playing with a family which started with a randomized CAS story sim. She ended up being very into cooking (Master Chef aspiration, Foodie), and a bit quirky looking- she rolled the hair with the red flower garland and I decided to keep it as a part of her style. Her name was Joy.

In terms of my playstyle, it seems like I tend to take things very slow- and in this case, it was kind of an obstacle because, Joy didn't start a relationship until she was already in the adult stage. She got together with Raj, her neighbor, on a Christmas night. They had twin babies, Oliver and Tiara. As a baby, Oliver cried a lot, even though the parents tried to keep their needs met at all times, while Tiara was fairly well behaved. Thus, Oliver grew up to be fussy, and Tiara grew up to be angelic.

As a toddler, Oliver gravitated a lot towards creative activities, while Tiara loved being social. When they grew up into children, Oliver decided to take up drawing more seriously, while Tiara just wanted to make lots of friends.

Everything was going pretty smoothly, but unfortunately, seeing as Raj and Joy had their children fairly late, they were already way into their elder stages as the kids grew up into teens. Not long after the kids aged up, their father, unfortunately, died. Because I wanted to try out a funeral mod, they held a funeral to honor him. During the funeral, everyone was pretty devastated, but I feel as though Oliver had an especially difficult time- he was very close to his father. However, he found some solace in talking to his mom's friend, Miko. They talked about life and death, shared happy memories of Raj, and theorized about the afterlife. Unfortunately, as cruel fate would have it, poor Miko ended up passing away on Raj's funeral.

Because I have the Meaningful Stories mod installed, the family is incredibly depressed right now, and probably will be for a while- especially Oliver- having his father pass away, and then the only person he was able to connect to over the matter, passing away on his funeral- it would hit anyone pretty hard. Joy is knocking on death's door as well. It's looking pretty tough for the twins. Hopefully they will manage to find happiness again.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member

Morgyn and the group. :)
    Because of IRL , it took some time to post :)

@sunblond , Thank you :) I did download sims from you , thanks for telling your origin name :) I deleted all premades (not vampires) as I had enough of Lily and Victor Feng arriving at every place :) . And I put all I previously downloaded plus lots of new faces to replace them, as townies. I apologize that I cannot credit you when ever your sims happen to be at the backround, as I cannot credit many others, as simply I cannot remember all the names of new faces and who made who :)
    @Lyrie , Thanks :) Heh well we get lots of free love at this first week, I have decided to choose the all lovely Sharing NAP next, instead of rolling the dice :p
    @Becka28 , Oh boy.. your Autumn really will have a "life", I bet when this is over she would pay to be a test sim again :D And about the keg, yes roommates are NPC's and I know they can tap it when the party is active. It must be because all these are played sims, and yes no party active, what makes the difference. Aww, thank you for using Ted and Tessa :)
    @RedDestiny92 , heh I am not sure is she training to sim-olympics or what, as she is , with Jamie, always found with that basketball on her hands. :) She is also the only one so far with tiny pink bar with Morgyn :)
    @sarabeth2984 , the force of recycling is strong with Naoki :D I mean, free love is on, they are at the nightclub full of flirty decor.. what does he do? He keeps organizing the insides of the dumpsters, after that he goes to clean all the bar tables, then toilets! :D
    @AlwaysAsking , I actually deleted premades (not vampires) before Free Love activated, and added more of my downloaded sims, so no more Lily, lol :D But as Jasper is one of them,he naturally stayed, you will see he took all out from the NAP he could :) And yes, Joey was indeed sleeping at the nightclub, and if I recall right, he slept at the gym also :)
    Okay, about your post with Dash, I can see, in the restaurant pic, Bella and Mortimer dining together, behind Dash and Max.. but then, later, in another restaurant, again behind Dash and Max, there is Bella again, this time with Ted :p (I am sure it is Ted, believe me I will recognize that sim everywhere :D )

@ryttu3k , Lol! Jamie is , with Matilda , always seen either jogging, playing basketball or swimming! He is super into sports, and i have not even loaded them at CAS, I just made them move in with Morgyn from manage households :) So I have not changed , or even looked at, any of their traits :)
    @Daephene , thanks :) I wish i would have more variety of creators, as I only download single sims, not full families. But as my own username in Origin is totally different than this one here, I suppose that is the case with some others too. And I like to download from persons I "know" , instead of taking just random sims :)

Okay.. for some reason imgur is acting up, it does not allow me to upload or even view my pictures.. gives some "400 error" code...
    Another host then.

27-6-2020-3-46-20.png
    After the group had the sort of breakfast I left them last time, off to communitylot again! Free Love will be active 18:00 (6pm) tonight!
    27-6-2020-4-24-31.png
    28-6-2020-0-15-39.png
    Morgyn was thinking they were better at this so called cooking-thing!
    Joey: "It that your burger or what smells horrible??"
    Morgyn: "REALLY it IS the air..."

28-6-2020-0-16-00.png
    Dorian? Did you really bring your own food???

28-6-2020-0-18-04.png
    Well, even Dorian took the burger :)

28-6-2020-0-20-58.png
    Morgyn went to plant again, all on their own :)

28-6-2020-0-21-29.png
    28-6-2020-0-22-37.png
    Others.. well.. lol.

28-6-2020-0-24-55.png
    28-6-2020-0-25-48.png
    Then Joey asked Morgyn something, I did not looked the queue, but after they went all the way to the roof, I had a guess :)
    28-6-2020-0-26-47.png
    Yep :D

6-8-2020-21-32-05.png
    6-8-2020-21-32-48.png
    6-8-2020-21-33-19.png
    Morgyn: "REALLY, watcher? You want e to .. to.. dive in there? DISGUSTING!!"
    YES, just do it.

6-8-2020-21-35-50.png
    Well Morgyn decided to flirt with Matilda after that, and not yet NAP active :D

6-8-2020-21-36-30.png
    YAY, extra seeds to plant!

6-8-2020-21-37-34.png
    6-8-2020-21-40-56.png
    There was nothing usefull for them for sale at this time, and that girl, Violet, obviously having a hair either CC or from the pack I do not have :)

6-8-2020-21-42-03.png
    Sorry but not sorry, you will need that tomato.

6-8-2020-21-46-07.png
    Back at home :) Morgyn got 2 more seeds to plant, not yet the tomato (one of the most needed veggie with the mod I use)
    6-8-2020-21-52-47.png
    6-8-2020-21-53-20.png
    Jamie doing his favorite things :)

6-8-2020-21-54-14.png
    Joey was talking by himself, there was nobody else in the room and TV was not on :)

6-8-2020-21-55-05.png
    These were gathering like always in my game.. in tiny bathrooms or hallways :)

6-8-2020-21-56-25.png
    Violet has a hair now, the bald must be from different outfit :)

6-8-2020-21-57-15.png
    6-8-2020-21-58-47.png
    Joey and Jamie were cleaning. Vivienne was not so sure about Morgyn's gardening skills.
    Jamie: "Give the dude a break, he is not used to this ."

6-8-2020-22-06-31.png
    Morgyn insisted to paint this "masterpiece" before they left to nightclub!

And then.. Free Love.
    6-8-2020-22-20-06.png
    6-8-2020-22-22-40.png
    At first nothing happened.. only these two started it at the background.
    6-8-2020-22-27-19.png
    6-8-2020-22-46-07.png
    6-8-2020-22-53-30.png
    But then there was action :D

6-8-2020-22-52-20.png
    Naoki had something else on his mind :D

6-8-2020-23-07-55.png
    6-8-2020-22-58-26.png
    Autumn actually rejected the flirt from Morgyn :D

Back at home.
    6-8-2020-23-12-15.png
    6-8-2020-23-10-35.png
    6-8-2020-23-12-53.png
    Morgyn went right to shower and then to bed.

6-8-2020-23-12-30.png
    Vivienne watched tv.

6-8-2020-23-30-08.png
    Autumn was still at flirty mood... GIRL, I know that you may be exited to have a "life", besides being a test sim, but some standards , please :D

7-8-2020-0-09-09.png
    Matilda."You know he is a vampire, don't you? He drinks plasma from you , hisses a lot and does that creepy thing with his fingers!"
    Autumn: "Oh my, Really??"

7-8-2020-0-11-32.png
    Vlad: "Now when you ruined that, you owe me a favor. Let's look the pictures I took from Selvadorada! Nobody ever agrees to look at these!"
    Matilda: "Mkay..."
    Vlad: "See, that is me, and there is my handsome profile and here I.. yadda yadda..."

7-8-2020-0-14-10.png
    Why aren't you at sleep already??

7-8-2020-0-43-14.png
    7-8-2020-0-45-34.png
    7-8-2020-0-55-32.png
    In the morning, Morgyn had to do some cooking and gardening, before going to work. Some of the others had not even slept yet!

7-8-2020-1-47-55.png
    7-8-2020-1-49-42.png
    Joey was first one to take a swim in that lovely pool :) Followed shortly by Autumn.

7-8-2020-1-53-36.png
    7-8-2020-1-54-10.png
    HEY! All beds are free!!!

7-8-2020-1-56-18.png
    Matilda, who did sleep in bed, was next one to take a swim.

7-8-2020-2-00-02.png
    Morgyn got home, first promotion!

Back to communitylots.
    7-8-2020-2-04-28.png
    7-8-2020-2-27-29.png
    7-8-2020-2-08-47.png
    It was pretty quiet place this time, not many visitors.

7-8-2020-2-05-29.png
    7-8-2020-2-06-25.png
    The usual :)

7-8-2020-2-09-55.png
    Vivienne: "Grill something tasty, will you?"
    Morgyn: "Sure , I learned a new recipe today."

7-8-2020-2-16-28.png
    7-8-2020-2-27-57.png
    7-8-2020-2-28-50.png
    Vivienne: "This IS good!"
    Morgyn: "See? I told you so."

7-8-2020-2-34-01.png
    some sweet moments :)

More love and visiting aliens.
    7-8-2020-2-39-24.png
    Morgyn needed fun, to the nighclub then. This was not the fun I had in my mind, but what ever :D
    7-8-2020-3-05-10.png
    7-8-2020-3-05-33.png
    Ehh.. well..

7-8-2020-2-40-40.png
    You really took food with you?
    Joey: "I'm hungry, and it would of end up spoiled otherwise! "

7-8-2020-2-44-28.png
    Finally something, Jasper and Matilda seem to like each other. :)
    7-8-2020-3-08-00.png
    Oh, he is hitting on them both!

7-8-2020-3-16-45.png
    Vlad: "here is a beautiful rose for you, milady."
    Autumn:"Sorry, I know you are married and a vampire.."

7-8-2020-3-17-18.png
    Autumn: "This is so awkward.."
    Jasper: "Do not worry, I know how to cheer you up."

7-8-2020-3-17-59.png
    Jasper: "Take a rose from me, instead, tho it loses to you at beauty!"
    Autumn: "Ooohhh...."

7-8-2020-3-18-23.png
    Vlad (to Jasper): "I would not go to too deep sleep at night.. If I were you....

When they returned home, everyone were doing what they were doing.. I did noticed something happened to someone, but it was when that someone returned when I noticed it :D

7-8-2020-3-54-39.png
    7-8-2020-3-56-11.png
    7-8-2020-3-57-40.png

Well, at least Autumn had an eventful day :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    Brianna invited her younger sister, Tara, over.
    UvgUJ8X.png

She had some big news to share ... she's pregnant, with her cousin Dakota's husband's baby.
    StwuDIc.png

She and Bentley had a son, who they named Braxton. They also adopted two dogs (who are the children of Todd/Karlie/Jasper/Olivia's dog, Nothing like a boy and his dogs.
    ie5Lr5Y.png

They're so... dog, watching Brianna cook, hoping something drops on the floor for them.
    J1R5Nr1.png

Then I learned dogs could swim in the water!
    lPEt3ST.png

Dakota was heartbroken when she learned she'd been cheated on. She was quick to file for divorce.
    Qa162AD.png

No one was happier than Delia to find out about the divorce, because that meant her big sister and nieces would be moving back home with her and her mom! (The little boy in front is child Enoch!)

5mUaKez.png

While all the chaos was happening (it was Evelyn, Emersyn, and Enid's birthday), Evelyn and Jasper fell in love.
    C1pqbRh.png

Bentley wasted no time after his divorce from Dakota, and married her cousin Brianna, the mother of his son.
    XDrBOgI.png

Delia protested the wedding by wearing the most hideous outfit. I also find it hilarious that Dakota came to watch. Apparently, she holds no grudge against her cousin and solely blames her ex-husband. She and Brianna are still best friends. :astonished:

rLb94ka.png
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Metior_Ice I'm not really sure if I understand you correctly. I would say go for the children, if you can handle them, otherwise enjoy decorating the house. :)

~~~~~~~~

My game took a little bit longer than expected. My history research said, these were important years and in my personal opinion I would say it was the beginning of the end of the german empire. In 1904 in one of the african colony a uprising started which turned into a war and massacre against them. This war was unpopular among the population, and leaded to the dissolution of the Reichstag and new election. Scandals because of the loose mouth of the emperor. France and Britian are an alliance now. In the end Germany stood alone. In due of an german scandal which include homophobia within the court, the emperor was slowly forced by britian-hating ministers to abbandon his friendly britain-policy.

Also I finally have the two futured husband ready for the girls, with good paidjobs.

1904-1907

Thanksgiving/Martinstag

B5VfOzC.png

Viktoria was in charge for the shop, ...

2sz3dm0.png

... until a little surprise happened again.

ibGrJJC.png

Ludwig was happy.

8ZU8C5A.png

And Viktoria is knitting again.

5Ij8kjP.png

The two sister help her mother now with the houshold duties.

BRFai9z.png

Just an usual evening with guests again.

0GyZ5t9.png

Then it was time for the birth.

IpXKM6U.png

Here we have little Hedwig, born in 1906.

C7cv1nz.png

And later as a tiny toddler.

OWd1ssU.png

Ludwig plan to arrange the wedding with on of his businesspartner Mr. Goldschmidt. He agreed.

AiVv5wT.png
    y7Govb4.png

But without the agreement from both children, nothing would happen. So it's time for a first meeting.
    wlr499P.png

Phew, both like each other and fell in love a little bit later, but no kissing yet. Walter Goldschmidt is an private attorney.

aHtPvym.png

And at last it's time to say goodbye to Wilhelm. He is going to leave for his one year military service before he is going to study, because of his "wealthy" father. He hugged every family member and took a lot of advices.

YlQBd0N.png

He arrived in a blizzard. (Credit to this build are going to amy again, I just took her first world war camp as a training camp for my soldiers)

s7dGHKJ.png

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited August 2020
    Daravi wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice I'm not really sure if I understand you correctly. I would say go for the children, if you can handle them, otherwise enjoy decorating the house. :)

Thanks for the reply. This part of your advice really helped. I might not be able to handle adding more to the household. I do want to find a way to add more to the house value. Part of me wondered if having more kids could mean building more into the house. However, I'm not sure there's enough space to make that work. I'll have to think of something else. I need around 50,000 more value invested in the house before the aspiration is completed. I'm also using one of the smallest lots in Sulani.

By the way, I am enjoying your posts. It's interesting to see the different time periods represented in the sims. I wish I had a chance to see things from the beginning.

I apologize for the edits. The post was formatted very weird with the quote and it took me a couple tries to fix it.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've been meaning to do this post for ages, I kept starting it and then losing all I'd written... :D:D

Having mastered his Cooking skill a long time ago, Samuel decided that it was time to focus on the Gourmet Cooking skill. He began to whip up a SimCity cheesecake, which he loved and hadn't eaten in a while.

nbYoNCT.jpg

Hiroshi invited Anne on a date to the Orchid a Go Go lounge in Del Sol Valley.
    "Ooh, this is where celebrities hang out," Anne remarked.
    "Yeah, they do," Hiroshi said. "Hey! Maybe you could get out your violin... maybe someone will take notice of you!"

JHDFsZ6.jpg

Just as Hiroshi predicted, Anne soon became a Notable Newcomer. All those hours of practising had paid off... people were recognising her talent. She hadn't even got a career yet...

Bycvd9q.jpg

"Hey Anne, I had a great time today," Hiroshi said. "Good luck with your classes this week."
    "Thank you," Anne replied. "Before you go, I have a question... will you be my boyfriend?"
    "Of course! I'd love to!" Hiroshi smiled.

q3CyxJL.jpg

That same afternoon, the University of Britechester was holding a Creativity Celebration on the quad. Seeing as she would be living off-campus, Anne decided that she should throw herself into university life as much as she could, so she decided to go along and join the Spirit Squad. After a quick chat with Angela Pleasant, she was an official member.

YqBBjdO.jpg

I'm including this screenshot of the trippy abstract painting Amanda did, because it's so bizarre! There's a touch of Oliver Sacks to it...

9yZ6LHS.jpg

Monday morning meant the start of classes. Lucy went alone to one first, then both twins had one at the same time. Anne and Lucy may have always dressed differently, but you can definitely see the resemblance here.

B7BLGMS.jpg

After classes were done for the day, both Hiroshi and Max paid a visit. (Max was feeling a bit Tense, hence the facial expression). The twins eagerly talked about their day. Amanda had to stand to eat her food, but with the beautiful oceanic views on offer, that was no hardship.

w0p7NhN.jpg

Having heard that Max was into fitness, Lucy invited him to join the Powerhouse club. She then travelled to the Windenburg gym and held a meeting.

Nf6jKgW.jpg

Knowing that their relationship was getting serious, Hiroshi knew that he had to tell Anne the whole truth about who he was. He invited her over. He began speaking, but she was too engrossed in her homework. Some guys would have been annoyed, but Hiroshi was glad that she was taking her studies seriously. And besides, he thought that Sulani might not be the best place to tell her...

YiVPcHL.jpg

"What on Earth is this place?" asked Anne, looking round in astonishment at the bizarre world she'd been summoned to.
    "This is the Magic Realm," Hiroshi said simply.
    "What?" Anne said in confusion.
    "Anne, I've got something to tell you," Hiroshi said.
    Anne's eyes widened, and Hiroshi laughed; everyone seemed to react like that to the phrase "I have something to tell you".
    "It's nothing serious! It's just that... I'm a Spellcaster."
    Anne's eyes widened again. She'd heard of them vaguely in books, but had no idea that they were real. And she was dating one!
    "Wow, that's so cool!" Anne grinned. Then, a thought struck her. "Do - do you have to be born one, or can you - "
    "Yes, you can become one," Hiroshi smiled, finishing her sentence. "You need to find one of the Sages; they'll be able to perform the Rite of Ascension on you."

klkBK3h.jpg

Anne went off in search of one of the Sages, and quickly found Simeon Silversweater.
    "Hello! I was wondering if you could perform the Rite of Ascension on me," she said.
    "Yes, of course," Simeon replied. "What is your reason?"
    "Oh, umm..." Anne replied, blushing.
    Simeon noticed the blonde woman glancing towards a Japanese man hanging around by one of the bookshelves, and put two and two together. Wishing to become a Spellcaster because one's romantic partner was one was a common reason, but the awkward blushing was unusual. Shaking his head as though to bring himself back to the present situation, he refocused his attention on Anne.
    "Your boyfriend? Yes, I thought as much. It's a common reason for becoming a Spellcaster. Anyway, first of all you must find seven Magical Motes for me. They're invisible to the naked eye, so I must cast a spell on you so that you can find them."

4gcFEIo.jpg
    Y9PkJAy.jpg

Locating the motes turned out to be fairly straightforward; there were loads of them. She quickly collected seven, and turned them in.

BzIHo9K.jpg
    D0TkEm4.jpg

"Well done. Now, to complete the transformation..."
    Simeon took out his wand and began uttering a strange language. Before she could fully register what was happening, Anne began levitating. Then, almost as quickly, she came back to Earth.
    "Congratulations, you are now a fully-fledged Spellcaster. Enjoy your newfound powers... but be careful not to become Overcharged."

PuSiXko.jpg
    f2LpcVC.jpg
    DG3ZwRc.jpg

Coming back to Sulani was like a reality check; Anne still had to complete her university degree, and one of the tasks she had to do was write a term paper for her violin class. She knew that her ability would help her here; she didn't know how well her classmates were able to play, as their only class to date had been a theoretical rather than practical one.

xTXfvnI.jpg

Feeling inspired, Anne then decided to play her violin, knowing that she was close to mastering the skill. Sure enough, she soon reached the top of the skill!

8tTFgXk.jpg

So, that was Hiroshi's secret... his Life State! I wanted a Sim to undergo the Rite of Ascension since I created Peter and Caroline Masterson as Spellcasters in CAS.
    I know that many of these posts have been rather Anne-focused; I promise to include more of Lucy next time. I'm sure I said this before, but I thought it'd be easier to focus on one twin at a time when it came to romance.
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    It has been way too long since I have been on here. 2020 did me dirty and I'm finally able to have the time to play the sims. I was finally able to continue doing my Romeo and Juliet and have made it pretty far! They are both aged up to teenagers and after me not checking MCCC I was able to get her pregnant. Romeo told his mom and she was so mad she kicked him out and disowned him (got to love cheats!) She is in her first trimester with a girl, who will be named Calla after her mom. Her grandfather died a few days before she aged up and their depressed for a departed loved on moodlet left while the kids were aging up. Her dad moved into her grandpas room and her dads old room is Calla's room.

Juliet is going to be a mechanical engineer who knits on the side and Romeo will be a professor who writes on the side. I have been working on their skills so they can qualify for scholarships and its cheaper to send them. Every cent the two of them earn is being written in a notebook so I can add it up and that will be the money they get once they graduate high school so they can build their own tiny home. Her dad will add 10k to the amount to help them out. I realize this is a lot of information but I am so excited about this storyline! Also no pictures because I'm on my phone.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited August 2020

Conversations overheard at the Baby Shower for Carlos Monte**gro

Felipe Monte**gro
    The hardest thing was getting Roxie to want to do anything, I guess. I had to threaten to haul her in a wheelbarrow to Ryder’s wedding, for example, to get her to agree to go to it, she hated the way she looked so much. I get it, I guess, I mean, Roxie’s kind of vain, I knew that going in, you don’t marry a girl like her without being aware of how she looks and the effect it has, but I was kind of clueless as to how much it means… no.. of how much it effects how she thinks about herself, I guess.
    Really, so that’s a real thing then, like, with a lot of women, well, I know that now, I guess. Maybe I can be better prepared for the next time, huh?
    Oh, yeah, at least one more, and we’re not going to wait long, Roxie wants two kids for sure and she wants to have both of them pretty close together. That hasn’t changed.
    Yeah, well, don’t tell, but I was kind of hoping for a boy, I mean, I would have been happy if we’d had a girl, don’t get me wrong, that the baby was healthy, that’s the main thing, right? And Carlos was a big healthy boy when he was born, that’s for sure, the doctor even said so. It’s just that I knew my papi would be thrilled for a boy to carry on the line and all, and, I guess, if I’m honest, I wanted that too.

WnpiR5s.jpg
    The party’s in full swing now.

Dina Denney
    Oh, I’m not my mother, I’ll be happy with whatever Carlos ends up calling me, Abuela, Nana, Gran, Granny even. As long as I can hand Carlos back when he gets fussy and be done, (laughs). You have no idea how much I’m looking forward to playing the doting grandmother, and of letting Roxie and Felipe worry about the rest, so I can just focus on spoiling the dickens out of him.
    Ha, not one bit, whatever discipline problems come up, well, that’s their job not mine, my job is to love him to pieces and give him whatever he wants, and let Roxie and Felipe deal with everything else.
    Well, sure, I mean, of course I’ll be more than happy to offer my advice whether asked or not, I do have a lot of experience raising children after all.

Bobby Frey
    Yeah, I’m next, Ryder’s a lot faster than me on the draw, that’s for sure, it took me longer to actually propose to Shanna. I felt like I had to win over her dad first, he was kind of, well, I didn’t think he was all that thrilled with me when Shanna and I started dating. She said it wasn’t personal, that he disapproved of any man that was dating his baby girl. Shanna was adopted when she was a baby and she’s an only child, so I guess her dad is kind of way overprotective of her. Having a big brother who’s divorced and was about to marry his 2nd wife was probably not helping a lot either, if I’m honest.
    Beth, well, I actually like her, I like her a lot, she’s totally different from Lilith, she supports Ryder, she actually likes that he’s musical and creative, and she treats him way better, that much I could tell right away. Plus, she’s a really nice person with a lot of good qualities, no one could ever say that about Lilith.

HT5of22.jpg
    It’s time for some cake.

Tucker Denney
    Work is going great, I just passed the bar and I have my first case in court coming up, it’s just a pro bono thing. We do some work for the public defenders office sometimes, it’s kind of a goodwill thing, Judges like it and it helps our relationship with other attorneys too and this is one of those, a shoplifting charge. Still, it’s a real live case I get to argue in court, no plea bargain deal for this one either. And yeah, I’m nervous about it, but I’m dying to finally get my feet wet, so to speak.
    Yeah, I’m seeing someone. Mom introduced us, if you can believe that, and it wasn’t a fix up or anything. His name is Darsh Parikh, his parents immigrated here from India. He’s a bartender mom hired, she took a shine to him because he’s into exotic food, he traveled to India and knows a lot of dishes from there and mom has that club the Upper Crusts, they’re all about eating and drinking see. So anyway she got him to join it, and I met him after one of their meetings.
    Well, if I’m honest, he’s not like any other guy I’ve ever dated before, he’s traveled a lot, his experiences are from real life and from having visited and lived in a bunch of different places, even overseas. And me, well I’ve only been away to college, plus most of what I know is from books. And, if I’m perfectly honest, he’s wicked hot, handsome’s not even the word, so at the risk of coming off as totally shallow, that’s what I noticed first. I mean, I was crushing on him even before I said word one.

Kv813f2.jpg
    Tucker meets Darsh.

nj6k3xD.jpg
    Tucker kisses Darsh.

NH7MLJa.jpg
    Tucker dates Darsh.

Jade Monte**gro
    Some random woman I hardly even know with a baby gave me the dirtiest look in the grocery store yesterday. Apparently, every parent in this town knows I talked Charlotte Prescott out of her retirement to take care of Carlos. Well, tough luck for them is all I can say, I didn’t want just anyone taking care of my grandson, no sir. Some of those Nannies are just awful, the stories I’ve heard. So, let me tell you, I begged, I was not ashamed to beg Charlotte on my hands and knees, not one bit, it helped a lot that she was nanny to both Roxie and Felipe, that was a big influence too, I think.

Jennefer Koster
    Me, I’m Roxie’s friend, I was her roommate all through college. She and I are best friends really, there’s no one I’m closer to outside my own family. Plus, well, she’s the reason I’m married. My husband, Gil, he’s the guy playing the keyboard out there. He’s actually an artist, an up and coming artist, by the way. But he used to perform at parties like this to make extra cash back when he was still trying to make a name for himself in the art world. No way was he going to let Roxie and Felipe have a party without volunteering to be the entertainment. He’s like that.
    Oh, that, well see, Roxie took me to Gil’s first big Art Exhibit, it was his big break into the Art world, and that’s how we met, he’s a friend of hers from college too, but the two of us never met back then. I liked him right away, he was, well, so alive that night, so full of artistic passions or whatever, it was really attractive to me. So I stalked the gallery and finally caught him there one night at a showing for another artist and I asked him out right on the spot. I’m not an old fashioned girl at all, am I?
    No, you’re right, if you don’t go after what you want in this life then you have no one to blame but yourself when you don’t get it.

Hector Monte**gro
    Yes, Carlos is a family name, it is the name of my brother who died before he was even 2 years old, who was himself named for my mother’s father. It is a custom in my family. Felipe is named for my uncle, who was in the army and killed in action when he was only 19 years old. So, in my family we honor our dead in this way see. It is something we have carried with us from the old country.
    Well, I suspect Roxanne was not a fan of the idea, that it is not something that she was accustomed to. But, she must have seen how much it meant to Felipe and, well, she did agree you see. Both my son and I choose wisely in marriage, and I suspect we both got a bit lucky. Roxanne is a good woman, she loves my son very much and he, well, to be honest, my son had a crush on Roxanne since a very young age, this I know.

ePf00s6.jpg
    All three generations of the Monte**gro men.

Roxanne Denney Monte**gro
    Oh yes, Felipe was right there for the whole thing, no way was he going to get out of that. But, honestly, I didn’t want him to miss seeing our son for the first time, of us both seeing him for the first time together, you know? That’s not something he should have missed out on.
    No, not really, I was awful, I mean, I was an absolute nightmare during a lot of the pregnancy and, well, during the birth too. Carlos was a big baby and I was in labor for almost a whole day and I was not kind to my husband during a lot of it. Not one bit. I’m not proud of myself. I did apologize to Felipe, but he told me that as far as he was concerned nothing I did, well, that my giving him a son and the feeling he got from just holding his son in his arms for the first time made it all worth it.
    I know, in spite of the whole jock persona he has, he’s really a softie at heart, underneath it all, he and his dad are both sensitive men. I forget that sometimes, then something comes along and reminds me of it and, well, of why I love him so much.

e5fvJrt.jpg
    The party is an outdoor affair too.

Cristian Denney
    I know, I’m still reeling over it, my first grandchild, this is the best feeling, next to having my own children, of course. When I look at that boy, my heart fills up with so many emotions, I’m worse than any woman, to be honest. I had no idea, none at all of how my feelings would totally blindside me when Roxie told us she was going to have a baby. I can tell you that.
    I’m shopping for a rod and reel already, as soon as that boy can stand up, well, he’s going to start going fishing with his granddad, I’m not waiting around to see if he’s interested, no sir, Carlos is going to grow up to love fishing. Him and me, that’s going to be our thing.
    You got that right, all the fun of having a kid without all the worry and responsibility, oh boy, this being a grandparent is just the greatest thing, you know?

Victor Monte**gro
    Yeah, a few months ago I only had my grandmother, now I have two parents plus a big brother and now I’m an uncle too. It’s like I won the lottery.
    Well, I told the Judge that I thought I was lucky see, lucky to be one of the kids in foster care that had people that loved him enough to want to adopt him and that I knew that I didn’t deserve it any more than any other kid. And, well, he told me that he thought that every child deserved to be loved and have people that want to adopt them, but that the world was unfair, and that ultimately every single child deserved to have a family that loved them. And to always remember that, to hold on to that, and not to ever think that I didn’t deserve it. He was a pretty nice man, I think. And he wasn’t nearly as scary as I thought he’d be either.
    Oh yeah, totally, I’m going to be the best uncle in the whole world, Carlos will be, like, totally spoiled by me that’s for sure. Roxie and Felipe are teaching me to help too, to feed him and change his diapers and stuff like that. So, I’m totally getting a head start on this uncle business, that’s for sure.

@Metior_Ice Yes, the dilemma over how many children to have in sims. I struggle with this a bit myself sometimes, I have a mod that makes it so sometimes sims have babies without trying, it's a small chance, but in my current game Kaden and Austin are both results of this. It does add a bit of randomness to the game, I find. To be honest though, I do find that having babies does limit how much my adults can accomplish as to careers and aspirations, at least until they get to the child stage anyway. And I do like my sims to have a big enough house, I cannot stand when they are all on top of one another, the routing issues and clipping is so much worse I think.

@ryttu3k Years ago, I had a friend who was in a 3-way relationship with two other men, and my neighbor and her boyfriend are indeed poly-amorous, so although you might assume from my sims that I am conservative and all, I'm actually a more open and liberal than they seem to be, lol. You gave me the idea, by the way, for making Miranda something "other" in regards to how she is about romance and all. I'm not really sure how to portray any specific kind of identity like aro, to be honest, so I've just tried to make her unlike every other sim in my game, blatantly hetro or gay, lol.

@Ellupelluellu Oh, I spotted one of "my" sims already in your last post, it is a big thrill for me too, by the way, to see my sims in other people's game. Years ago I followed a YouTube-er who asked for sims for a City Living Let's Play she was planning and she choose to use my two sims, one of whom she had as a character in her main household. I really enjoyed seeing my virtual guy in her game too, and what he got up to, interestingly enough he was in a lot of ways the same in her game as mine, lol. I'm happy you found sims you could use from my gallery uploads in any case.

@CheesySimsLover My, my that Bentley is a very nice looking sim!

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Lyrie ha I feel the same way but not to worry I have ideas and he thrives with denial so we will see what happens. After
    @Ellupelluellu hmm jasper and Mattie there is a mix.

Nice and quick on my lunch break but I'll just fall more behind so here we go.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member

I'm so sorry everyone, I had meant for this to be a post to all of you, but I need to do my mentions first, because I have gotten pretty far behind. I will try to catch up with the rest of you as I can.

@Koteyka

Lol! Peter and Tony are a little bit different, aren't they? A beautifully set up "perfect proposal" or a completely logical conclusion, "We're having a baby, I guess we're getting married." So very Vulcan of him 😅 Well, Gwen was thrilled.

I saw your conversation with ryttu3k and I'm trying to figure out what school Peter is working for. I had assumed it was a "Hogwarts" type place. But... there are no science classes at Hogwarts, and now I'm wondering if it's a Marvel thing I don't know. I don't know much about Marvel. I miss most references that you make concerning the Marval Universe, but I don't mind, lol The story is great and I don't need to know them to understand the story 😄

But wow! Two babies? ... this is crazy! What are they going to do? There's no way they can stay in that little place once there are 2 toddlers. Although, Petya doesn't even have a room. Are you controlling that household too? Because as far as I know you can't actually divide a single dwelling into two separate families.

I love how clueless they are about being parents. I was lucky (yeah, let's go with that) that I had my first son right after my 17th birthday, so he and I had to stay with my mom until I was 18 and could rent my own place. Anyway, all the questions that Peter is asking Steve I had the one who could answer right there in the house with me 😂

Doesn't Gwen have any family? I'd think that they would live closer if she does.

How are they going to be able to go stay with Steve and Morgan for a while if it's summer already?

I don't remember what job Gwen has. Maybe she needs to get a raise. 😂 Or is she staying home with the kids. I love how the game has Don tell people that he is a "stay home Dad" when someone asks about his career. Otherwise, if you don't have kids or a job, when you ask a Sim about their career you get the answer that they are unemployed.

What if their job is to stand around looking gorgeous? Arm candy? Lol. Maybe I'll write that as their job description and have them register with the ministry. 😅

So anyway, I'm interested to see what happens with this situation. They need a bigger place and more money, and to learn more about being parents.

I loved that little dig at the digital aspect of parenthood these days. It didn't matter that she fell. All that mattered is that they didn't get a picture of her the first time she stood up by herself 😄 Ain't it the truth?!

@Duvelina

Yes that's true. He can trace the instance back to a real memory, so it's not like he's sitting there thinking "What? Who? When? How old is this kid?" He can choose to believe it.

Duke really doesn't look anything like him though. Unless I missed some feature they have in common. If I was him I'd consider a paternity test.

But yeah, I didn't think he'd wallow in misery, I more thought that he'd get all airheaded about it. In a sort of suspended thoughts and feelings aspect.

I hope you're going to show their meeting!

@Silverofdreams30

That's good, I'm glad you were only without your internet for a day.

And thank you! I'm glad you liked Dash (again 😅 lol) Do you ever age him down to Young Adult in your saves?

In one of my friend's mccc games, he always ends up married to L or Mila Munch, because they are the only unmarried female adults in the game. His gorgeousness is kinda wasted on them 😂 I always think of Becka28 's poor Sim who was married to L by mccc and how miserable he was with her. 🤣 I can't remember if you use mccc though. I don't, so everyone marries who I want them to marry.

@March306

Thank you! I'm glad you like Max in blue. I think he's adorable this way. I have Alexander Goth in that hairstyle, but his gets purple steaks, not blue, so he's dressed all in purple and he's really cute too.

And I really wish I'd played Max within his own family before this thing randomly happened with Dash. Then maybe I'd know how different this behavior is from normal. But it's really mutually beneficial for both of them. Max keeps Dash laughing all the time, and Max is honest to God always happy. And because he's a child, I don't worry about social services taking him away if I have Dash out chasing after women 😂

I read your answer to Koteyka and chuckled. I can relate a little. My oldest was 4 when I met my now husband. And he had a son who'd just turned one. So we were a complete family from day one. Then we had a son together, but it was 6 years since I'd had an infant, and I'd lived with my mom for my oldest son's first year. Anyway, it was good that my husband was there when we had ours together, because I was so high strung and overtired that I couldn't get our baby to sleep at all, but he could. He was so calm, lol.

But the good guy parent and bad guy parent ended up being sort of true here (because my husband was raised in a very poor area of Gary Indiana, and the parenting methods used for him were a bit different from the ones I learned in a quiet suburb of a small city, lol) And unfortunately, when it's a real situation, the good guy parent will over compensate for the bad one's behavior. So that's great that your husband actually hates the role.

Oh! I see my kids with Eliot here! Not bad! Although those still shots in CAS always make the Sims look rather angry 😂

I think you're right, I see myself in Finley, but nothing in the twin boy. The twin girl seems to have my jawline though. 😊

And wow! Good job Ben on maxing his career. I love the kids as teens! Grace has such a unique look! But it makes her quite beautiful! And Cory looks like a great guy!

It's so cool that they all have the ancient bloodline trait now! I have No generations of spellcasters yet! Lol, though I did leave Darrel Charm and Emilia together in one save and they have a baby together. I should age it up and see what's what with it 😅

@Metior_Ice

Hey, do you remember what toddler day it was when Arihi jumped into the ocean holding Zephyr?

I want to read that one again :D

And I know what you mean about seeing errors when you read your stuff quoted in someone else's post. I always wish the quote would fix itself when I fix the original. Lmao, I guess the forums aren't that high tech yet.

I hope you can figure out something for the kids to do that satisfies your future hopes for them. Because yeah, if you're like me and don't use CC or mods, there isn't a way for them to work together at a lab. Well, not at any of the jobs where you follow them to work.

The twins are very adorable as children. I haven't read the updates yet, but from scrolling past the pictures I can see how they look!

@sunblond

Ahhhh, ok. You are one of the players who does not like the Ken Doll look. I don't either, but until Maxis offers a body hair option my poor men will remain hairless. Which is fairly ok, because they are still running around censored. The hair in that area would be a blur anyway. Though it would be delightful to have the option for chest and leg hair. But I don't use any mods or CC, so, oh well. But it is pretty funny that you went that extra mile to make sure that their costumes went that deep. 😄

@sarabeth2984

Tee hee hee. Dash is dashing. I must agree. He's doing a great job with Max. I'm so happy about it! Someday I'm going to install and use MCCC for a few hours and fix a bunch of relationships. Then I’m going to make him Max's uncle or something, so it's not so odd that Max is staying with him LOL. I've done that before, I put MCCC in one time to fix a problem with a pregnancy, and then I took it back out again without it causing any problems in the game.

And you're right, Clint and Viv do not look very alike, but still, where else would she have come from? But I never even thought of it! Lmao.

And yes, as long as Trey is still alive you may as well have them get married. 😂

Myron's adventures at work are pretty amazing. The only police officer that I go to work with is Ian, who is now the chief of Police. And that area of my police station is bugged, so as he was going through the ranks, he almost never did the body searches. So I've never seen anything as fun as the hammer and knife that your suspect had. LMAO!

It seems like almost all of the hosts of restaurants are being extremely rude these days. I still have some Sim's that have never been treated rudely, but the vast majority of them do get the glaring and impatient looks thrown their way. If it's a bug I hope they fix it soon, because it's quite annoying. And you are right, Delaney does look adorable with her new hair.

I loved their moonlit stroll at the Central Park. It looks like they enjoyed stargazing a great deal LOL and good job Myron, asking her to move in. Maybe together they can afford a better apartment 😜 I can't stand the one they are living in. 😅

@ryttu3k

Ikr? Dash is being pretty amazing with Max. I wonder what will happen if I age him to a teenager though! LOL Maybe there is a trait I could pick that would help offset his evil trait. I know you can't pick good! It's not offered as an option.

And you are quite welcome! I enjoyed dressing Jamie back up again, and getting Johnny out of those ugly tube socks!

I totally love their apartment refurb. You made very good use of all the space!

Is that the apartment across from Diego? Or is it actually Diego's? I don't see his built in fireplace, which makes me think it is the one across from him. I have mine (across from him) set up for a household of eight single men, and they all have their own bedrooms, and there is also an exercise room, four bathrooms, the kitchen, the dining room, and the living room all smashed in there. But a lot of the bedrooms are pretty specious.

I absolutely love your added details of childproofing the apartment. And Luca's little area is really cute.

You said that you stocked Morgyn's library shelves yourself. Does it still work as a functioning bookshelf?

And I'm so glad that you found a way to easily keep your plasma fruit trees alive. I know that used to be a problem because you couldn't actually get at them to water them very easily.

@RedDestiny92

I'm so sorry, but you are not allowed to dislike Dash anymore 😄

This is a new and very confident Dash! He is not a pushover anymore, he is a take-charge kind of guy 😂

I absolutely love your stick shaking.
    He randomly adopted a kid he didn't have to that's sweet *shakes stick*
    He's really bringing out the good in little Max .... *Shakes stick again*
    I feel like Max is benefiting from normal role model. *And another stick shake.*
    He's good he didn't make it with the waitress he's too busy being a good father *final stick shake*

The rest for you is in a Spoiler! Ha!
    I know that sarahbeth2984 was able to get a hold of her pollination tech because he had a relationship in his child's panel that was high enough for his kid to invite his dad over. She has used a mod to make the pollinators only impregnate women. Anyway her politician tech, and the woman he impregnated, are now happily married. But she had not been able to find him in household management either, so you're right, they are special.

Thank you for the information on trying to make a baby be a certain gender. Although, I have not had reason to do that yet. But if I ever do, at least now I know how! 😅

I personally think that Elliot’s nose is a great improvement over Maranda's. And if you manage to find a spouse for him that has a flatter nose and face you might be able to fix the issue!

Ibrahim is really cute. I love it, "Don smile" Don is an adjective now 😄

Francesca is cute, I can believe you had to repair her a little with Vlad as her father 😂

Okay, I guess I have stalled enough, I have to get to this update on Don and Thorne.

And you tell me that I torture Don!?!? Ok, but I don't kill him! Poor Don. He died in Kini's story, and now yours!

I am going to hope for a miracle in yours. Although I guess I won't hope too hard.

Perhaps you want Thorne to get together with the guy who was so bummed out that Thorne was married and wouldn't be staying with him.

It was weird how Don wouldn't look at Thorne when he said that Thorne could come in to see the boys, and how he'd looked the day before when they found out about the baby. I'm never sure if the SOs of Sims who cheat and get someone else pregnant are actually aware that their SO has cheated because of the existence of the other child. I have heard conflicting information about that. But Don does seem to be mad at him. But perhaps you are just lucking out with the screenshots you are taking LMAO. The lucking out happens to me a lot, because I never let my Sims cheat on each other or have babies with other Sims, so I don't know if it would elicit a response. Or... if there is a response maybe it comes from MCCC?

Gideon is so helpful, telling Thorne he got chunky 😅 At least it made Thorne laugh for one second.

I was really surprised when Oliver had August invite Don over. And I really loved the "translating" that August did. That whole scene was delightful.

Peach was cute too. And I'm glad Don helped her with her homework before .... he slipped?

I haven't been able to decide if he did that on purpose or not. The fact that he left his phone on the couch before he went out there tells me it was on purpose. But then you mentioned that it was safe for Oliver to go out there because he wouldn't slip and fall in, whereas Don wasn't dexterous enough to easily walk there.

So either you have to clear that up for me, or the next update has too.

Poor Thorne. In denial so much. I can totally understand what he's saying though. He was determined to make things right with Don, but now he can't. Idk how he can possibly take care of those kids alone though

As stated, I'm looking for that miracle, in whatever form it takes.

Thorne really paid for his mistake this time. 😣

Oh my gosh about baby Wesley's eyes! That is some crazy looking stuff. I can't even imagine how that happened. But I have a feeling that he might be a vampire LOL.

Little Miss Pancakes heiress is looking kind of suspiciously at you 😅

She's probably wondering if you're going to take her boyfriend out too. Although it looks like Father time will do that for her. Their daughter looks pretty good considering what he looks like, because I can remember that, and it's not good. I love that that little boy is her uncle. How very interesting family ties can become in these multi-generational situations 😂

Did you pick a flat nosed spouse for Elliott yet? Got to get that nose in order one of these days 😄

@BlueSeaWave

Oh yes! I'm enjoying Nifty Knitting very much! I put a link at the top of this page where one of my toddlers is playing in a rocking chair! Everything about it is delightful!

There’s a link to a video of a group dance too. You mentioned that it doesn’t work that well for you. I often have trouble, but I got a very good one for once!

Oh my, lol, yes, that would be surprising to find out that the option to send the child back to the homeworld was gone once it aged to a toddler.

So, Archie was mad at Owen for a while. Does that mean that he knows what happened? Uggg, that would be uncomfortable. But I like Sylvia's directions that she gave him. Technically Archie was friends with Owen before he ever met his mother.

I'm glad you liked the updates. Don is such a good father, it's really fun to watch him. It would not be out of character for him to worry about her in the water, and he did visibly watch her swim when she got in. And yeah, his face when he sprayed the monster was too funny not to share 😄

Thanks too for noticing that they were packed up and ready to go 😊

Lol about Dash and Diego. I've also had that happen in a throw away save. Dash was moping around in the city until Diego came walking by, Dash introduced himself, and then he was smiles from ear to ear.

I'd been meaning to put that house on the gallery, but I'm always too lazy to write out descriptions of my stuff, lol! But you inspired me to upload it. So it's there now and my Gallery Id is ARIANNANEAL.

And yeah, the 4th wall breaking 2 times when I was playing that night were quite funny! Especially that waitress. Boy did she look annoyed.

Geez I don't know what to say about the situation between Sylvia and Owen. I hate that he cheated on her, but it is such a complicated situation, because they live in the same house and they have a child together but they aren't actually together. What if one of them wanted to start dating someone else, how would that work? out? And what the heck is up with Jade? Why the hell does she keep coming to his door? I'm glad he finally told her to go away. I hope that it works. Although, I guess she thinks she can walk up to him in stores. Because that's not coming to his house right? I like him in his new haircut and beard, he looks a little shaggy, but it's cute on him. Lol that he forgot he brought Claudio along, but yeah, good thing that stranger danger isn't a thing in The Sims.

So anyway, Abigail finally knows what's going on. I love how you worked Sylvia dropping the seasoning into the spaghetti into the story LOL!

And when she has the talk with Abigail at the coffee shop I really love what Sylvia said when Abigail asked if he was the father of the child.
    Sylvia said he's not but he was so happy when he told her, as if it changed the fact he was with someone else.
    She definitely has a point there. Why would he suddenly think everything is fine? Although I know he's trying very hard. I'm just not sure how to guess which way the story is going to go.

And I'd say that Katrina is looking at them angrily because her girls don't give a darn about her at all and clearly Sylvia cares about Abigail 😉

@Daephene

Holy cow! A land hurricane? I have seriously never heard of it. And you might get power sometime next week? This is the weirdest thing ever!

I have no idea what I would do if I wasn't going to have power for over a week. How much of your area is having that problem? As in, how far away do you have to drive before you can find somewhere to charge your phone? And are all of the stores and gas stations and things closed also? Because there's no power?

I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened, but at least you are able to have a little bit of a sense of humor about it, because it is pretty funny that you just bought Eco lifestyle and now you're living off the grid 😁

@Ellupelluellu

Holy cow your poor residents are certainly having a tough time aren't they? 😂

The way they look in that first picture is like they are sure they can't live through another day 🙄😅

I think that's amazing that Morgyn does the gardening without you queuing anything up!

And oh my goodness, Joey is such a pain in the *** 😄

“Hey Morgyn, I know you're busy and stuff, but can you come up on the roof and help me with this keg stand? Because it's really important.”

Well I guess he knows how to have fun, right? Poor guy, maybe I should pick him to go to university. So he can hang out with all the other college kids, and forget the fact that he already has 21 children 😁

Did Morgyn have a good time dumpster diving? And what was Emmeline doing over there by the plants? You said that there would be extra seeds to plant but my eyes are not good enough to figure out where there are some extra seeds.

Is that my darling Dash off there with Joey and Matilda? Hanging out with his new long hair?

It is so funny that Jamie is such an exercise fan in this save. It must be because there's nothing else to do. LOL I am thinking that's maybe why Joey is sitting around talking to himself also.

Although, there's a TV in front of him and a jukebox that's playing music to the right of him. Maybe he's singing along to the song. 😅 Or maybe he just misses being waited on hand and foot 😉

Morgyn is definitely branching out. First the masterpiece painting and then the lovely karaoke singing 😄

And of course we have free love. It took a minute to get started didn't it? For a second I thought that was Joey holding Laney's hands in that first picture but then realized that it isn't. That hair is darker than Joey's and that guy has a lot more facial hair, not to mention that Joey is in the picture down below it wearing a completely different outfit LOL.

Somebody there is looking pretty interested in Matilda and someone else seems pretty interested in Viv. The guy with Joey's hair certainly gets around doesn't he? First Laney and then Autumn 😅

And speaking of Autumn she certainly had an eventful day. There's nothing quite like a visit from Vlad to keep those flirty moodlets going! 😆 I just love it!
    GIRL, I know that you may be excited to have a "life", besides being a test sim, but some standards, please

"You know he is a vampire, don't you? He drinks plasma from you , hisses a lot and does that creepy thing with his fingers!"
    I'm rolling 😂

Five different Sims hit on her in two days! Clearly she has that something special, because the aliens chose her too!

And I just love that whole exchange between Jasper, Autumn, and Vlad 😁 Doesn't Jasper look so smooth there? He totally knew that Vlad was going to strike out, and he was ready for his move. It's like he's been taking lessons from Don Lothario or something, with his head tilted that way 😄 I'm thinking he should probably sleep with a necklace of garlic on, after he pulled that on Vlad 😅

Anyway, is a great update, full of dirty pool water, tons of unnecessary sleeping on benches, too many random flirty encounters, and hip hip hooray! Morgyn's first promotion!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves

Ok good, I spelled your name wrong in the comments above this, because I forgot to include the link I mentioned, and I don't like editing comment posts, because I'm worried that it has something to do with people not getting notifications reliably anymore.

Soooo, I can just post to you separately! lol

Oh yes! I'm enjoying Nifty Knitting very much! Everything about it is delightful! Here is a link to a video clip of one of my toddlers playing in a rocking chair! https://streamable.com/l5y8qb

Oh my, lol, yes, that would be surprising to find out that the option to send the child back to the homeworld was gone once it aged to a toddler.

So, Archie was mad at Owen for a while. Does that mean that he knows what happened? Uggg, that would be uncomfortable. But I like Sylvia's directions that she gave him. Technically Archie was friends with Owen before he ever met his mother.

I'm glad you liked the updates. Don is such a good father, it's really fun to watch him. It would not be out of character for him to worry about her in the water, and he did visibly watch her swim when she got in. And yeah, his face when he sprayed the monster was too funny not to share 😄

Thanks too for noticing that they were packed up and ready to go 😊

Lol about Dash and Diego. I've also had that happen in a throw away save. Dash was moping around in the city until Diego came walking by, Dash introduced himself, and then he was smiles from ear to ear.

I'd been meaning to put that house on the gallery, but I'm always too lazy to write out descriptions of my stuff, lol! But you inspired me to upload it. So it's there now: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BF6EF2EDDDD911EA8CBB77F3B59007F0

And yeah, the 4th wall breaking 2 times when I was playing that night were quite funny! Especially that waitress. Boy did she look annoyed.

Geez I don't know what to say about the situation between Sylvia and Owen. I hate that he cheated on her, but it is such a complicated situation, because they live in the same house and they have a child together but they aren't actually together. What if one of them wanted to start dating someone else, how would that work? out?

And what the heck is up with Jade? Why the hell does she keep coming to his door? I'm glad he finally told her to go away. I hope that it works. Although, I guess she thinks she can walk up to him in stores. Because that's not coming to his house right?

I like him in his new haircut and beard, he looks a little shaggy, but it's cute on him. Lol that he forgot he brought Claudio along, but yeah, good thing that stranger danger isn't a thing in The Sims.

So anyway, Abigail finally knows what's going on. I love how you worked Sylvia dropping the seasoning into the spaghetti into the story LOL!

And when she has the talk with Abigail at the coffee shop I really love what Sylvia said when Abigail asked if he was the father of the child.
    Sylvia said he's not but he was so happy when he told her, as if it changed the fact he was with someone else.
    She definitely has a point there. Why would he suddenly think everything is fine? Although I know he's trying very hard. I'm just not sure how to guess which way the story is going to go.

And I'd say that Katrina is looking at them angrily because her girls don't give a darn about her at all, and clearly Sylvia cares about Abigail 😉

SqxdF0m.png

• Options
    @sunblond

Ah ha! I see that Dash has made his entrance! (I can never remember how to spell his real last name, lol. That’s why he instantly became Dash Parker as soon as he became relevant in my game.)

I love how you introduced him, and your backstory for him! He sounds like a really cool guy. And wow! He looks way younger in your game. I think it’s the Converse tennis shoes! :wink: Lol

And this is so cute!
    And, if I’m perfectly honest, he’s wicked hot, handsome’s not even the word, so at the risk of coming off as totally shallow, that’s what I noticed first. I mean, I was crushing on him even before I said word one.
    Wicked hot. Good description. :sweat_smile:

The whole update is good. I liked your insight into how much worse a vain woman will feel about her pregnant self, as compared to a woman who doesn’t put that much self-worth into her looks. Perhaps Roxie will get over that when she finds herself too exhausted to shower! Lol! The reality of infants, toddlers, and young children is not completely conveyed in the Sims, you know? In real life they are not magically transported to Daycare if you decide to go out clubbing.

That might be an interesting aspect to explore, because I can personally tell you about at least 5 women who that happened too. Plus, they begin to put more of their self-worth into their parenting, and looks suddenly don’t matter that much. The ones who hold onto that vanity, sadly, are not good parents. At least not in my lifetime of observations, and I’ll be 53 in a few days, lol.

I’m glad to see that she’s admitting what a nightmare she was while pregnant! Lol. And yeah, I don’t think any father has ever held something that his wife says while she’s in labor against her. They seem to be so horrified by what she’s going through that nothing matters except her and their new baby. It’s cute she calls him a softie.

I’m glad things are going well for so many people! Tucker passed the Bar and has his first case coming up. Bobby apparently finally got Johnny’s approval, so he’s with Shanna! Ryder has a new wife, and she’s supportive and nice. Victor is very happy with his adoption. That was sweet what you had the judge tell him. Jade managed to persuade the best nanny in the world to care for little Carlos! The grandparents are freaking out, and so excited it’s amazing to hear! Jennefer is married to Gil, so that all turned out well! I read the update where you explained how Filipe got the advice about fulfilling fantasies to build the trust level in a relationship. That was really cool advise, and I can see how it would really work well. And they certainly got over their rough patch that happened when Jennefer started dating Gil.

And the party looks like it was a lot of fun! Very cool :heart:

@ccarrig_95

Helloooo! It’s so nice to see you. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having such a rough time. It isn’t that good anywhere, it seems, but when you don’t even have time to Sim anymore, well, something has gone horribly wrong.

I love hearing all the progress with Romeo and Juliet! And of course Romeo was thrown out and disowned. Uggg! Well, it seems as though he’s doing fine without his mother. He’s going to be a professor! How cool. I hope he's one of those laid back professors that every college kid wants as their teacher, lol

I guess you have Nifty Knitting! How do you like it? I’m in heaven that you can put something else on the infants now, not that dinky little t-shirt! I always shiver when I see those babies wearing those! Ha!

Well, if you have any screenshots I’d love to see them, and again, it’s great to see you back!

SqxdF0m.png

• Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2020
    @March306
    You know how Gwen and Peter have no idea what they're doing? I felt that way personally in real life with my first baby.
    Woah, your story really impresses me! I can't even begin to imagine how hard that was. Although Peter and Gwen do get some emotional support from Steve and bit help from their neighbours (Petya even gave away some of his old toys!), they're still pretty much on their own right now. It'll get a lot better when they come to Sulani though, seeing as Steve and literally everyone around will be ready to help out :)
    Thank you! :relaxed:

@Lucy_Henley
    ah yes, those names do make it somewhat obvious haha :D I must’ve not noticed them. I tend to use English names with my Sims, although with the introduction of Hiroshi and Max I’m hoping to introduce a little more diversity. Dutch names are interesting, because a lot of the popular ones are ones that would work in English (see Max, obviously), sometimes they might be pronounced differently. I got the surname (van Beers) from a Dutch girl who was in my class at primary school. From what I remember, I think she’d lived her whole life in England, so she didn’t have much of an accent, although her mother did. As for Japanese names, I really like Sakura, which means cherry blossom.
    Haha, Kostik and Yuri have a very interesting background too! I never actually thought of playing with Russian sims before, but a couple months ago we had this anti-gay adoption advert going on in our country, featuring a little boy getting adopted by two men and a huge logo "is this the Russia you'll choose", like it's a bad thing. It was terrible :unamused: Gladly, youtube took it down rather quickly. But anyway, we had a lot of protesting going on... in a creative way. And so the #давыберу (#yesI'llchoose) movement was born. We fought with art. Twitter was filled with cute fanarts of the family from the ad living as a happy family, fanfiction websites were flooded with fluff fanfiction about the characters... And as a person with a lot of LGBTQ friends I had to join in too. So I created the characters in the sims... and kinda fell in love with them :D They just had to be in the story.
    If you (or anyone else) are interested, here are some of the fan arts that were created during the protesting and are too cute for words:
    1 TEJrgzL.jpg
    (I've left the rest under the cut!)
    2 dQX5Yrb.jpg
    3 zcG4NeT.jpg
    4 BtqS1aN.jpg
    5 PQgKUnK.jpg
    6 ZW2M1Qd.jpg
    7 VO19d9o.jpg
    8 flrbONk.jpg
    There are so so SO much more! My personal favourites are the 2nd, 7th and 8th ones :relieved:
    Rhiannon is so cute! In my (admittedly limited, through observing family members) hair tends to get darker with age. Rhiannon could always dye her hair though when older, if she wanted to. Sometimes of course it doesn’t change.
    I say this about every new toddler in my game but she's the cutest toddler I ever had :blush: And I actually wanted to leave some space for randomness in her genetics so I actually threw a dice to figure out her hair color - odds for blonde and evens for brown. You'll find out in this post which one it ended up being ;)
    Thank you! <3

@ryttu3k
    I suspect in that case it was the game who had baby fever XD "You know what you need? Babies. Lots of babies."
    Well I guess we were just all on the same page there :joy:
    Twice you say? :o Not sure about the Rhiannon reference, but I did grin at 'May'!
    Fun fact, all of the name suggestions were related to Spiderman's kiddos in the comics :D
    Oh my god I want to rub Toffee's tummy.
    Can't disagree :D IT'S SO FLUFFYYYY!
    BFnWllk.jpg
    Best of luck with baby number 2, they seem to have a good handle on it so far!
    Yeah but that's just one, semi-calm baby... Who knows how things will go with baby two :D
    Thank you!

@AlwaysAsking
    Lol! Peter and Tony are a little bit different, aren't they? A beautifully set up "perfect proposal" or a completely logical conclusion, "We're having a baby, I guess we're getting married." So very Vulcan of him 😅 Well, Gwen was thrilled.
    Yup, it's a whole new generation. No time for romance! :tongue:
    I saw your conversation with ryttu3k and I'm trying to figure out what school Peter is working for. I had assumed it was a "Hogwarts" type place. But... there are no science classes at Hogwarts, and now I'm wondering if it's a Marvel thing I don't know.
    It's Hogwarts, it's just a 'regular' non-magic (ish) version so it does have a science class ;) Peter and Gwen are the last bits of Marvel, actually. Rhiannon and the future baby belong to an entirely different universe which won't get expanded till they age up and Brindleton Bay is a Harry Potter styled world! :smiley: Because I really wanted to play with my Black and Lupin family :smirk:
    But wow! Two babies? ... this is crazy! What are they going to do? There's no way they can stay in that little place once there are 2 toddlers. Although, Petya doesn't even have a room.
    Well, with Petya it's different, both Yuri and Kostik were raised in a culture where due to the lack of living space living in a one-room flat with your parents was considered absolutely normal for quite a long time, so they don't see it as that big of a deal. But for Peter and Gwen yes, they'll have to think of something!
    Are you controlling that household too? Because as far as I know you can't actually divide a single dwelling into two separate families.
    I just locked them out of Peter's and Gwen's half of the house and turned autonomy on :) Sometimes I pop by to check how are they doing but overall they live their own life.
    Doesn't Gwen have any family? I'd think that they would live closer if she does.
    Oh well... Uh... I don't really want to implement any relatives from her side in the story so I just imagine that they live far far away and preferably lost touch :sweat_smile:
    How are they going to be able to go stay with Steve and Morgan for a while if it's summer already?
    I'm planning to take them there right before Gwen is supposed to have the baby so it'll be born on Sulani (approximately should happen mid-August), and then I'll probably keep them there for a few months, maybe till November :) I want them to skip the rainy days of Brindleton Bay and I hope by the time they come back there's going to be some snow :D
    I don't remember what job Gwen has. Maybe she needs to get a raise. 😂 Or is she staying home with the kids. I love how the game has Don tell people that he is a "stay home Dad" when someone asks about his career.
    I love that bit too :) Gwen is actually registered as a writer-freelancer (came with the Get Famous pre-patch, if I recall) and I sign her up for gigs now and then when they're running completely low on money. But this second pregnancy is making her feel VERY uncomfortable (nothing like what was with Rhi, but then again, with Rhi she had a regular 3-day pregnancy because of the time skip and with the new baby it's a full 9-day pregnancy :tongue:) so I don't make her work too much.
    So anyway, I'm interested to see what happens with this situation. They need a bigger place and more money, and to learn more about being parents. I loved that little dig at the digital aspect of parenthood these days. It didn't matter that she fell. All that mattered is that they didn't get a picture of her the first time she stood up by herself 😄 Ain't it the truth?!
    Haha, yup, there's lots to be done and lots to learn! Let's just hope they get the hang of it before their kids grow up ;)
    Thank you!

"I won."
    "No, you're evil."
    "But I won."
    GmQiomQ.jpg

"Seriously, you couldn't from a bit of MY genes there? I mean, I'm the one who had the huge belly which by the way was totally uncomfortable!"
    "I mean... sorry?.. But I won, yippee!"
    "Shut up..."
    GgwmRds.jpg

Rhiannon had Peter's hair after all.
    iKM9Zi4.jpg

Rhiannon Stark. (Look at those SLIPPERS!!)
    dgbybAQ.jpg

Got Peter's hair and Peter's eyes.
    R0gnGpk.jpg

They were still unsure who's attitude she had.
    IEpJfNc.jpg

Although seeing as they were very similar, they probably will never be able to tell.
    axLNKLo.jpg
    More under the cut:
    "Can you say Daddy?"
    "No, she can say Mommy. Daddy is always at work while Mommy is taking care of her."
    "Well Daddy has to go to work so Mommy and baby can have something to eat..."
    e7N1wqr.jpg

Rhiannon was a little over eleven months now and Peter and Gwen were really trying to get her to talk.
    r2Tl554.jpg

"She's Daddy's little girl. I'm gonna be the first, just you wait."
    "How can you be so sure? I don't think she has a favourite, I think she likes both of us..."
    9YNhaMu.jpg

"You know that means only two things, right? The new baby will have to hate both of us, for perfectionist purposes," Peter joked.
    "Oh, it already hates us," Gwen sighed.
    Q2s0PcY.jpg

The baby was behaving terribly.
    3nSlsWE.jpg

Gwen was already in her second trimester and they could barely even document the pregnancy with lots of cute pictures, like they did with Rhi.
    Pier5nE.jpg

Because the baby was treating Gwen terribly. She was constantly sick, dizzy, had weird cravings and none of that happened when she was pregnant with Rhi.
    hZUDaLw.jpg

"I hate it! I geniunely hate it!"
    "Woah, calm down, I'm pretty sure you can't say that about an unborn baby..."
    "Do YOU want to carry it for me?"
    "Well-Well I would... If I could..."
    rxOYujo.jpg

"I just want it out! Can't we get it out now? Do doctors do that?"
    "I'm not sure... plus, we were going to have it on Sulani and the flight is already booked..."
    "Well we have to do something about it and we have to do it now!!"
    So yeah. Baby number two was a pain.
    hxVWRTZ.jpg

Normally, they cured it with tea. So they went over to their neighbours to lend the tea machine.
    qgOEUhF.jpg

"Hey guys-"
    "Peter, hold on, something's different..."
    TySC6Ly.jpg

Looks like someone got guests!
    KldVmQj.jpg

A very old woman was cooking something in Kostik's and Yuri's kitchen and they were helping her out, following her nonstop instructions she said it a very strict voice.
    "Soli, soli bolshe nasipai," she'd say. "Okh, kak zhe vi tut bes menya spravlyalis', neumekhi..."
    x1UWaKk.jpg

"Hi! My great grandma came to visit," Petya said, smiling. "Except you can't tell her she's my grandma. Or that my parents are married. She thinks Papa Yuri is my dad and her grandson Papa Kostik is just helping him out as a friend. It's a very important secret you gotta keep!"
    sBko9V9.jpg

"Alright, we'll do our best," Peter smiled.
    "Do you know why it's a secret?" Petya asked hopefully. "Neither of my dad's will tell me. Is there something wrong?"
    "Well uh..." Peter didn't really know what to reply.
    OaYkOjU.jpg

"Hello guys," Kostik approached them, looking rather nervous. "My grandma's here."
    4HCTfAg.jpg

"She's uh... She's very old. She survived the Sims World War Two. She pretty much did all of my raising because my parents would send me to her for the entire summer and she also visited us very often... And she's very old-fashioned so please. don't imply in any way that me and Yuri are together."
    Dofrn14.jpg

"Petya filled us in," Peter smiled softly.
    "Oh! Good. Very good. Oh, here's she coming now. Ba, eto nashi sosedi-"
    YZ4Qsyj.jpg

"Oi, a kto eto u nas takoi krasiviy!" Kostik's grandmother suddenly cooed at Rhiannon, not paying any attention to Gwen and Peter.
    ct1zpAa.jpg

"Hi, very nice to meet you!.." Gwen smiled, but Kostik's grandmother was clearly more interested in Rhi.
    "Kto eto u nas takoi horoshiy? Mamu-papu slushaeshsya? Kashu kushaesh?"
    IkHcIng.jpg

"She's uh... She's saying that your daughter is very nice and pretty," Kostik smiled. "And she's asking her if she's behaving well and... well... eating porridge."
    "Kostik, posmotri suda! Shtob nemedlenno zhenisla i mne takih zhe pravnuchek nadelal!"
    "Now she's saying that I need to immediately get married and make her great grandchildren that will look like that."
    92DCrL2.jpg

Rhiannon seemed to really like Kostik's grandma.
    oAdtFRU.jpg

"Vyrastet - otbiyu ot muzchin ne bydet!"
    "Now she's um... uh... bascially she thinks your daughter will grow up to be a heartbreaker. Sorry, I'll tell her to back off a bit. Ba, nu khvatit uzhe, ostav' rebenka v pokoe...."
    "No, no, it's fine!" Gwen smiled. "Please, take her. You can even take her for the weekend. Or till the new baby is born!"
    "Gwennie..." Peter rolled his eyes.
    "Fine... just for the weekend then!"
    nweoka7.jpg

"Zhkazhi ba-bush-ka! Mozhesh skazat' baba?"
    "She's trying to get your daughter to say grandpa in Russian," Kostik chuckled.
    Z8Hn0XT.jpg

"Baba!" Rhiannon excitedly said.
    "Umnitsa moya!"
    psYj8MD.jpg

So. Rhiannon's first word is Baba.
    ockQrdC.jpg

Kostik's grandpa invited Peter and Gwen to eat with them - Kostik said they couldn't say no because that would be very offensive. Kostik's grandma was very unhappy that they haven't gotten any right ingredients and didn't provide her enough time to cook so she couldn't fill up the entire coffee table with her masterpieces. Cooking seemed to be a very big deal to her so Peter and Gwen made sure to compliment every dish they tried.
    p7m29uw.jpg

"Vot, vidish - nado tebe zhenu i rebyonka!" Kostik's grandma continued insisting that Kostik needs to find a wife and have a child, pointing out that Petya, who she loved as her own grandson, was very great with children.
    m0ku7SF.jpg

Kostik tried to get away from the topics with jokes, but it didn't help much.
    ykRUons.jpg

His grandma seemed to be very hopeful that he'll get married eventually.
    8LAyY5x.jpg

She also told a lot of interesting stories about her childhood during the war that Kostik translated to Peter and Gwen.
    9Mccw9o.jpg

Another thing she did was constantly nagging over how Kostik is messing everything up, how he made the tea run cold and forgot to make Gwen the first plate, seeing as she's a pregnant woman. At the same time she had a fixed idea of Yuri as a perfect grandson and constantly asked Kostik why can't he be more like his friend. Everyone except for Kostik found it hilarious. Kostik said that phenomenon is called "the son of my mother's friend", when no matter what you do your friend will always be better in the eyes of your relatives.
    VnAvJJe.jpg

Overall, the evening was turning out nicely. When Kostik's grandmother found out that Gwen was struggling through her pregnancy she immediately made her a special kind of herbal tea that helped sooth the pain.
    1cEkwS7.jpg

She also would refuse to sit down, no matter what.
    gJeEyQW.jpg

"Ba, sadiys," Kostik tried to reason with her. "ti staryaya, u teba nogi uzhe ne te..."
    PHY0eY7.jpg

This made his grandma very angry.
    p1MNtdq.jpg

"What did you say?" Peter chuckled.
    "I just said that she should sit down because her legs aren't the same as they used to be," Kostik muttered. "Now she's telling me about how she didn't have a second to rest during the siege of Leningrad and how she's capable of more then I think..."
    voTA0zQ.jpg

Later Kostik's grandma left to do the dishes, even though Yuri insisted to do them for her.
    "So... are you ever planning on telling her?" Peter whispered. Kostik sighed.
    LRswt9s.jpg

"When I was a kid, she always said that I should grow up to be a man, not a wuss like her husband. I'm not sure she'll consider this uh... very... manly. And I don't want to disappoint her... She's the most important person in my life."
    R6V5y26.jpg

"She seems to really like Petya though," Gwen gently said. "Maybe it'd be a good thing-"
    "She likes children in general. That's just the way Ba is."
    MxUSLk6.jpg

"You know what happiness is?" Kostik smiled. "Happiness is when you're five, summer has just began, you live at your Ba's tiny house, play outside in the fields all day long, eat crepes for breakfast, soup for lunch, pies for dinner... And the world seems so kind, and you feel so proud for living in the place that takes up nearly a quarter of any world map..."
    0cicwKq.jpg

Kostik sighed, looking over at Yuri.
    "She was always a shield, protecting me from the world that wants to make me believe I should be ashamed of who I love and where I was born."
    Both Peter and Gwen didn't know what to reply.
    R4KfSCU.jpg

"Zahodite na chai I pirozhki! A to khudiyshie oba, kak shepki..."
    "She's inviting you for tea and pie because you both look as thin as a twig," Kostik chuckled, rolling his eyes.
    Peter and Gwen smiled and nodded.
    05L9RBn.jpg

They watched how Kostik's grandma chatted with Yuri and Petya. And Peter suddenly thought how incredibly unfair the whole situation is for all of them.
    URJ5Yix.jpg

"I think you should tell her," he said. "I think you should tell her right now."
    "Peter, I can't..."
    "Look at them! They're... they're family..." Peter sighed. "Look, obviously, I can't tell you what to do. But if you won't tell her, she'll continue being unhappy that you didn't get married and Yuri will be unhappy that he has to keep a secret and Petya..."
    Kuwkn2I.jpg

"Petya's fine."
    "No, he isn't. By telling him to hide such an important thing, you're implying that there's something wrong with it... If you think that won't affect him, you're wrong."
    Kostik sighed. He never thought of it that way.
    ik6qyhi.jpg

He didn't say a thing, just turned and slowly approached his family.
    jFPOqmk.jpg

And then he took Yuri's hand.
    XWIJ7gE.jpg

Peter didn't understand what they were talking about.
    f3dYceX.jpg

But he saw that as soon and Kostik began talking, Yuri immediately looked away in shame.
    JjqhJr4.jpg

And he saw the shocked expression on their grandmother's face.
    oHFoRkb.jpg

He couldn't understand, but he hoped everything was going well. It had to.
    gynWUoe.jpg

He saw how Kostik's grandmother slowly turned, looking at Yuri.
    KvZubhP.jpg

And how he looked back at her with his cheeks going red.
    VEichSM.jpg

Peter saw how she suddenly smiled and began talking very quickly and happily.
    98klDc9.jpg

And how clearly neither of them expected that.
    KpuhFYH.jpg

Especially Kostik.
    fHLyCea.jpg

Peter saw how his grandma suddenly turned to him and began yelling, looking very mad.
    o3Y7dgb.jpg

But it seemed like it was a good kind of yelling.
    viD9TPN.jpg

A "how dare you didn't tell me earlier" kind of yelling. After all, she raised him to be a man. And men don't lie to their grandmas.
    EWxQW4d.jpg

Peter saw how she took their hands and placed together.
    ALqSaGK.jpg

Probably saying some important and meaningful words.
    Q02r2J6.jpg

Peter saw how both Kostik and Yuri smiled, as if a huge rock was finally lifted off their shoulders.
    b4KFd9D.jpg

Peter saw Kostik laughing and hugging his grandma.
    40P6TSr.jpg

And how she hugged him back, laughing as well.
    4SFuVFQ.jpg

He saw Petya join in.
    hELFP9Q.jpg

Now being able to truly call himself her great grandson.
    dMVDZAD.jpg

He saw how Kostik was so happy he kissed Yuri right in front of her.
    nkoLkrh.jpg

And how she jokingly waved her finger at them, clearly implying to leave their smooches for when kids aren't around.
    TSTKB9i.jpg

He saw them laugh and smile in relief...
    OTmjjGy.jpg

and Peter smiled too.
    L2vniRZ.jpg
    I actually had to create all of the coming out poses because I couldn't find any! Also, this is all based on a real story :relieved:
    |Navigation|Beginning|Previous update|Next update|
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @AlwaysAsking

I use MCC but I have not really learnt how
    it works. I mainly use it to edit townies and the likes.
    I haven ot tried to age him down, should probably do it hehe.
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Yes it is so great to be back and less busy! I didn't think I would like Nifty Knitting as much as do but wow I'm glad I bought it! I am so excited to see what I create with it. I want Eco Living next but that's going to have to wait until my next paycheck.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    @Koteyka ahh such a lovely story! I don’t actually know any Japanese or Dutch (thinking of Hiroshi and Max here). I do know French and German though, maybe I should incorporate those nationalities/languages in somehow. Only problem being that any French names I’d use would have to not have accents in them, thankfully there are lots of nice ones without.
    I also love all the CC you have! I would download some CC of my own but I always get worried about updates... from what I’ve read, game updates don’t affect CC that much, so I’ll have to investigate.

I’ve actually been thinking about the Harper-Jones kids and how they’ll end up, sexuality-wise. Perhaps I’ll have them all be different. I know about setting gender options in CAS (eg Sims who “look” male being able to get pregnant etc) when you first create a family, but I’m guessing that in order to do that with a born-in-game Sim you’d have to use the CAS full edit mode cheat. I’ve found a cool-looking LGBT mod so I’ll maybe install that into my game, perhaps when Oscar and Kirsten are older though because they’re still children, and not really thinking about their sexuality yet.
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2020
    Everyone's pictures are so lovely!

@Kamio Cassandra's party was beautiful! :heart:

@GreyWind Wow, Capt. Robert is a very handsome Sim! What an attractive couple. :star:

@mingusssss OMG your screenshots are beautiful, and I love your house! :sunglasses:

I wanted to ask, what sites do people use for uploading their screenshots to? I know that Flickr and Photobucket are no longer free. Are there any alternatives?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top