Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @kalaksed Thank you for your comment! And I know that you notice details, amongst other things you were the one to call me out on my obsession with the gladiotor sandals. :D
    Oh, and I'm having so much fun with the Micro Bros - I gave them both the Bro trait, which made it extra awesome. I will upload them shortly, I just wanted to skill them up a bit so they would make good townies. But you can totally make your own and perhaps the thread will help you out with a couple of outfits. :smile:
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • AlunnyAlunny Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2020
    This thread needs download buttons so we can add these to our styled sections :D

Some of the things you've paired together I'd never even think of. I have zero sense of fashion lol.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2020
    uDVuXXb.jpg

@Netzspannung Which pack is the flamingo shirt from? (Packs are currently on sale, maybe I'll grab it while I can.) Btw you also have me tempted to buy Spooky Stuff only because of the gladiator sandals. ;)

Post edited by Erja888 on
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
    edited July 2020
    @Erja888 That shirt is from the Bowling Night stuf pack. I think the pack has great CAS and BB items and is worth looking at even if one is not interested in the bowling feature.
    The Spooky stuff pack obviously a lot less versatile. I will say that the gladiator sandals are not the only item I use frequently, there is also a carpet and a wood flooring that have appeared in some builds. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Netzspannung Thanks for the quick answer. I bought both packs (still cheaper than buying one for the regular price).
    I'm excited for what kind of nifty combinations you'll show to us next week.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Idk if you've heard of this, but if you have I'd love to see your take on some Dark Academia fashion
    @mika Intriguing idea. I was made aware of the trend a couple of months ago when an old school buddy sent me a pic warning me that Dead Poets Society made a return. Anyway, I do like the style and will look into it. Perhaps if there is a sufficient amount of Argyle sweaters in CAS, it could be done ... :D

we all try ...
    edited August 2020
    Another pack, another post. There is not an abundance of CAS in this pack, so I did whatever the heck I wanted. :D I think the items go especially well with Laundy Day, many matching colors. Also pairs well with EL and DU, which is less surprising as these are newer packs. I will post something for males in the next couple of days. Anyway, hope you find some inspiration!

Focus: Nifty Knitting

Hf90BFX.jpg

Just adding a few outfits for males. The first 4 are combinations with the new tops and other packs and #5 is David showing off the new jeans with a top and shoes from GT for a cute nautical look.

DhpDiAZ.jpg

I am now off to search for a version of the locs without the baby hairs because the hairstyle looks so good on my Sim Jack that I cannot finish this sentence without coming off as a weirdo! :D
    Post edited by Netzspannung on

we all try ...
  • mamx2mamx2 Posts: 91 Member
    i love your outfits they all look good ,it good to have everyday clothes for all weather, winter outfits are always nice to get more of that . the more summer like outfits are good too, i can see using all of the clothes for sure in the game. looking forward to the men stylings ,have fun everyone
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited August 2020
    Ooh, I particularly like the last one.

I love all the new sweaters and knitted/crocheted etc items we've been getting, and I think the texture and quality of them has improved immensely over the years. But I have to admit that after DU, TL, EL and now NK I am really starting to hope we see something a bit edgier pretty soon. :p
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
    edited August 2020
    So I tried to make some 'Dark Academia' outfits as suggested by @mika because I like this trend. The heavy farbrics, the deep colors - it's unassuming and comfortable yet elegant. I had to discard a bunch of outfits because I could not find the right shoe, which was frustrating. We really only have one lace-up leather shoe that does not deform the female foot <sigh>. Anyway, let's just call it ...

Focus: Dark Academia inspiration

TnCG9c5.jpg

And some outfits for males, as promised. Unfortunately there is a lack of pants to go with this style so this is the best I could do.

b3FRZli.jpg
    Post edited by Netzspannung on

we all try ...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Wish I could download these looks. :neutral:
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Wish I could download these looks. :neutral:

I agree, I would really like it if we could upload outfits to the gallery to add to the 'Styled Looks'. But even if they could just implement a "copy outfit" functionality in CAS that would help, especially if you could copy to other outfit categories. Then one could just upload Sims with 5 outfits in each category and people could add them while creating households, copy outfits and then delete the Sim.

we all try ...
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    wow, these dark academia looks are amazing! I'm def gonna start adding these to my University of Britechester students. It really fits the story I have going on there. Will you also create look for males?
    @ImSands Thanks, I'm glad you found something you like! I was going to try to do something for males yesterday, but then I thought I'd see if anyone liked the female outfits first. So sure, I will post some outfits for males later today.

we all try ...
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh I love the 'Dark Academia' can't wait to see the male ones!
    egTcBMc.png
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    You nailed the aesthetic!
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    @Netzspannung there is a way to upload your looks to the gallery. You could create your looks on mannequins in game and then upload the mannequins in a room. Call each room the same as the post you have here so people can see what each mannequin has on it. You can have 5 outfits per category. Then all we have to do is download the room and buy the outfit off the mannequin :) It will be like going shopping lol
    Kementari wrote: »
    @Netzspannung there is a way to upload your looks to the gallery. You could create your looks on mannequins in game and then upload the mannequins in a room. Call each room the same as the post you have here so people can see what each mannequin has on it. You can have 5 outfits per category. Then all we have to do is download the room and buy the outfit off the mannequin :) It will be like going shopping lol

That would be awesome.
    @Kementari Thanks for the suggestion! I know you suggested something similar a while back and it is a good idea. But it is also a lot of work and I am not sure there is that much interest. I had this idea of building a retail lot, a boutique with "modular" rooms. So a base build with rooms that could be replaced with new rooms of the same size and style with new outfits over time as I create them. That way one could either download the lot and place new rooms or just download a room. It's something to think about. If anyone else thinks that could be interesting, just let me know.

we all try ...
    @Kementari Thanks for the suggestion! I know you suggested something similar a while back and it is a good idea. But it is also a lot of work and I am not sure there is that much interest. I had this idea of building a retail lot, a boutique with "modular" rooms. So a base build with rooms that could be replaced with new rooms of the same size and style with new outfits over time as I create them. That way one could either download the lot and place new rooms or just download a room. It's something to think about. If anyone else thinks that could be interesting, just let me know.

I would definitely love a shop with ready to wear outfits as I never have enough patience with CAS to dress the mannequins whenever I build clothes shops. My sims would also have a good reason to shop for outfits. I think it would also be good to have as many clothes on one mannequin as possible, so if you could add several collections onto one male and one female mannequin would be great.

I would definitely love a shop with ready to wear outfits as I never have enough patience with CAS to dress the mannequins whenever I build clothes shops. My sims would also have a good reason to shop for outfits. I think it would also be good to have as many clothes on one mannequin as possible, so if you could add several collections onto one male and one female mannequin would be great.

Unfortunately it's not that straight-forward. There is a limit on the number of mannequins you can have on a lot, which is why I was thinking about modular rooms. But there is also a limit of outfits per lot. You can only create 5 outfits in each category and those outfits are for all mannequins on that lot, so you dress all mannequins from the same pool of outfits. I would have to do some testing.

we all try ...

Unfortunately it's not that straight-forward. There is a limit on the number of mannequins you can have on a lot, which is why I was thinking about modular rooms. But there is also a limit of outfits per lot. You can only create 5 outfits in each category and those outfits are for all mannequins on that lot, so you dress all mannequins from the same pool of outfits. I would have to do some testing.

I know about the limit, 5 outfits per category and maximum 10 mannequins. But the idea is to share as many outfits as possible, on as few as possible mannequins, so we can easily change the outfits displayed on the mannequins without also changing the rooms all the time. Maybe you could combine them by style, by season, etc.
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    I believe if you were to fill up all the slots using everyday outfits, when you purchase a outfit from say the swimwear slot on the mannequin (that's just a regular outfit) it goes into your swimwear selections. So you would have to use the proper categories for everyday, sleepwear etc. So really that only gives you 5 everyday outfits per mannequin. I started working on something like this for myself using the outfits you posted and yes it is a pain. But it still IS possible lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top