Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remove Skills ?

Anyone know if there is a way to remove skills ? My Sim got a few skills I didn't want her to get & she is at level one I want to take them away.
Don't know how she did it because I never saw her do programming or play the violin.

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm not sure, but what about the skill cheat and set it at 0. I don't know if that will remove it completely, I've never tried. I'm not familiar with the skills cheat as I never use them.

From Carl's
    With testingcheats on, type Stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 10 - make handiness 10. Note the Major_ before the skill name. If you did this, you'd see the level 10 popup. If you want to see what unlocks with each level, read the linked guide or adjust it by 1 each time so that you can see information on each new level. Here are all the skills in Sims 4, which you can cheat to max. Beside each, there's a link to the associated Skill Guide so that you can learn how to use it!

To max all cheats quickly, copy stats.set_skill_level major_ and paste it into your command console in-game. Finish the command with the skill, then the level. This doesn't work for fitness so you need to copy that line. Remember Photography caps at 5.

Skill_Fitness - stats.set_skill_level skill_fitness x (Guide)
    Major_Baking - stats.set_skill_level major_baking x Get to Work (Guide)
    Major_Bartending - that is, the Mixology Skill (Guide)
    Major_Charisma - (Guide)
    Major_Comedy - (Guide)
    Minor_Dancing - Get Together Expansion
    Major_DJMixing - Get Together
    Major_Fishing - (Guide)
    Major_Gardening - (Guide)
    Major_GourmetCooking - (Guide)
    Major_Guitar - (Guide)
    Major_Handiness (Guide)
    Major_Herbalism - Outdoor Retreat (Guide)
    Major_HomestyleCooking - Regular Cooking (Guide)
    Major_Logic - (Guide)
    Major_Mischief - (Guide)
    Major_Painting - (Guide)
    Major_Photography - Max 5, Get to Work (Guide)
    Major_Piano - (Guide)
    Major_Programming - (Guide)
    Major_Reaping - not really a thing, but it's there.
    Major_RocketScience - (Guide)
    Major_VideoGaming - (Guide)
    Major_Violin - (Guide)
    Major_Wellness - Spa day (Guide)
    Major_Writing - (Guide)

Child Skills - (Guide to Children's Skills)

Skill_Child_Creativity - so stats.set_skill_level skill_child_creativity 10
    Skill_Child_Mental
    Skill_Child_Motor
    Skill_Child_Social
    p8L4V6v.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I've been able to get skills down as low as 1 this way, but not to 0.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but what about the skill cheat and set it at 0. I don't know if that will remove it completely, I've never tried. I'm not familiar with the skills cheat as I never use them.

From Carl's
    With testingcheats on, type Stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 10 - make handiness 10. Note the Major_ before the skill name. If you did this, you'd see the level 10 popup. If you want to see what unlocks with each level, read the linked guide or adjust it by 1 each time so that you can see information on each new level. Here are all the skills in Sims 4, which you can cheat to max. Beside each, there's a link to the associated Skill Guide so that you can learn how to use it!

To max all cheats quickly, copy stats.set_skill_level major_ and paste it into your command console in-game. Finish the command with the skill, then the level. This doesn't work for fitness so you need to copy that line. Remember Photography caps at 5.

Major_Charisma - (Guide)
    Major_Comedy - (Guide)
    Major_Fishing - (Guide)
    Major_Guitar - (Guide)
    Major_Handiness (Guide)
    Major_Logic - (Guide)
    Major_Mischief - (Guide)
    Major_Painting - (Guide)
    Major_Piano - (Guide)
    Major_Violin - (Guide)
    Major_Writing - (Guide)

Skill_Child_Mental
    Skill_Child_Motor
    Skill_Child_Social

wow thanks but I will have to re-read that a few times. Sounds very complicated !
    I've been able to get skills down as low as 1 this way, but not to 0.

I noticed my Sim has a few skills at level one. I never made her do those things so wondering how she got them & I'd like to remove them completely if possible.
    If I can't remove them I'll just have to discourage her from pursuing them. They are already at level one.

From Carl's

Major_Charisma - (Guide)
    Major_Comedy - (Guide)
    Major_Fishing - (Guide)
    Major_Guitar - (Guide)
    Major_Handiness (Guide)
    Major_Logic - (Guide)
    Major_Mischief - (Guide)
    Major_Painting - (Guide)
    Major_Piano - (Guide)
    Major_Violin - (Guide)
    Major_Writing - (Guide)

Skill_Child_Mental
    Skill_Child_Motor
    Skill_Child_Social

re-read it & got an understanding of it but do you know if it will totally remove the skill or reducing to level 1 the only option ?
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    SimzSizzle wrote: »

From Carl's

Major_Charisma - (Guide)
    Major_Comedy - (Guide)
    Major_Fishing - (Guide)
    Major_Guitar - (Guide)
    Major_Handiness (Guide)
    Major_Logic - (Guide)
    Major_Mischief - (Guide)
    Major_Painting - (Guide)
    Major_Piano - (Guide)
    Major_Violin - (Guide)
    Major_Writing - (Guide)

Skill_Child_Mental
    Skill_Child_Motor
    Skill_Child_Social

re-read it & got an understanding of it but do you know if it will totally remove the skill or reducing to level 1 the only option ?

I really don't know. You can try putting the level at 0, but like I said, I don't use skills cheats, so I have no clue if it will work or not.
    p8L4V6v.png
    alright thank you for the information.
  • AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    Anybody know a solution? I'm also curious about this!
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    The solution is to use the cheat and set the skill level to 1. After you do that you will see the bar drop all the way back and after you keep playing it will remove it (as long as you don't have them engage in using that skill).
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
    inmyeye wrote: »
    The solution is to use the cheat and set the skill level to 1. After you do that you will see the bar drop all the way back and after you keep playing it will remove it (as long as you don't have them engage in using that skill).

cool thanks @inmyeye I don't encourage her to use those skills, she must be doing it when I turn my head :D
  • RAHZOR_X_92RAHZOR_X_92 Posts: 1 New Member
    inmyeye wrote: »

cool thanks @inmyeye I don't encourage her to use those skills, she must be doing it when I turn my head :D

You could always turn off Free Will.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    The only way I know how to do this is with the MC Commander mod. There's an option to Forget Skills.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• taspastarstriketaspastarstrike Posts: 61 Member
    The only way I know how to do this is with the MC Commander mod. There's an option to Forget Skills.

Same was about to mention this is a great mod
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello
    For simmers who use or would like to use the MC Command Center mod, it is now located at
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

There has been an updated version released . The latest version is 3.3.0
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I think I used MC to remove my sim's fishing skill. She had reached level 10 and I realized one fish was missing from the collection. It was one that is found at the lower skill level so I had her start over.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @SimzSizzle I have found if I AGE a sim down (in CAS) to Toddler or child, put it in-game then save it to my collection, I can age them back up in CAS re-set up the outfits ect and they wont have any skills anymore... I wont/ don't bother with cheats myself. Has always ruined games for me in the past... I want to keep enjoying Sims 4, so I play it safe lol.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited November 2017
    just an update

testingcheats true
    stats.set_skill_level Major_Gardening 0

(or any other of the skills from the list above)
    it does work, it removes the skill but only after saving & reloading the game again

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    Anyone know if there is a way to remove skills ? My Sim got a few skills I didn't want her to get & she is at level one I want to take them away.
    Don't know how she did it because I never saw her do programming or play the violin.

I haven't seen a way to do it legit, but I could totally see that as an awesome Vampire ability. The ability to remove a skill from someone and the Vampire has the choice. That might mess with careers tho and other dependencies, but that's for the devs to figure out, lol. I just think it would be a neat power for vampires to have.
    I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The IUCheats mod can be used to set skills at 1, they will then disappear from the list.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • mmickel95mmickel95 Posts: 30 Member
    If you use the cheats then save and quit the game, usually the skill disappears after re-opening the game
  • rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    2c54b05cf59591f34a74384e3c51ccfe.png
    lol this is so cool
    hi!!!!
    edited August 2020
    First things first I'ma say all the words inside my head I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh-ooh The way that things have been, oh-ooh Second things second Don't you tell me what you think that I could be I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh-ooh The master of my sea, oh-ooh
    I was broken from a young age Taking my sulking to the masses Writing my poems for the few That look to me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me Singing from heartache from the pain Taking my message from the veins Speaking my lesson from the brain Seeing the beauty through the...
    Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer Pain! You break me down and build me up, believer, believer Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
    third things third Send a prayer to the ones up above All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove, oh-ooh Your spirit up above, oh-ooh
    I was choking in the crowd Building my rain up in the cloud Falling like ashes to the ground Hoping my feelings, they would drown But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing Inhibited, limited Till it broke open and rained down And rained down, like...
    Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer Pain! You break me down and build me up, believer, believer Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
    Last things last By the grace of the fire and the flame You're the face of the future, the blood in my veins, oh-ooh The blood in my veins, oh-ooh But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing Inhibited, limited Till it broke open and rained down And rained down, like...
    Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer Pain! You break me down and build me up, believer, believer Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    rosepicker wrote: »
    First things first I'ma say all the words inside my head I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh-ooh The way that things have been, oh-ooh Second things second Don't you tell me what you think that I could be I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh-ooh The master of my sea, oh-ooh
    I was broken from a young age Taking my sulking to the masses Writing my poems for the few That look to me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me Singing from heartache from the pain Taking my message from the veins Speaking my lesson from the brain Seeing the beauty through the...
    third things third Send a prayer to the ones up above All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove, oh-ooh Your spirit up above, oh-ooh
    I was choking in the crowd Building my rain up in the cloud Falling like ashes to the ground Hoping my feelings, they would drown But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing Inhibited, limited Till it broke open and rained down And rained down, like...
    Last things last By the grace of the fire and the flame You're the face of the future, the blood in my veins, oh-ooh The blood in my veins, oh-ooh But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing Inhibited, limited Till it broke open and rained down And rained down, like...
    Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer Pain! You break me down and build me up, believer, believer Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer.

Oh my god not Imagine Dragons! Not in here too!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    edited August 2020
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top