Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Out Of Curiosity....

Hi! Long time no talk; hope everyone is well. I hope someone can help me; I need to know if there are keyboard shortcuts to save the game, and before you answer, let me clarify. I know pressing F5 will trigger the menu to click Save, and I know pressing Q triggers the prompt asking if I'd like to save....that's not what I'm asking. I actually need to know if there is a keyboard shortcut to select Save, or Yes, to the respective screens. My ports die with annoying frequency, causing my mouse to freeze. This happens twice every time I turn my computer on, and the second time always kills my cursor. I save a lot, but I'm tired of losing anything. I usually play online games because they save automatically, but they're also pretty boring! :(
Be safe.

Comments

• ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Hi. :)

If you press Q to quit (or Alt-Q to exit to the main menu) and then press Enter at the prompt, it will save your game but also quit to the desktop or main menu, which probably is not ideal.

I tried a bunch of key combinations just now but couldn't find one for just bringing up the Save prompt by itself. Hopefully I just missed it.

If you download the mod NRaas Saver, it will automatically bring up the Save prompt every few minutes (30 minutes by default), then you'd just have to press Enter from that prompt to save your game.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Archivist wrote: »
    Hi. :)

If you press Q to quit (or Alt-Q to exit to the main menu) and then press Enter at the prompt, it will save your game but also quit to the desktop or main menu, which probably is not ideal.

I tried a bunch of key combinations just now but couldn't find one for just bringing up the Save prompt by itself. Hopefully I just missed it.

If you download the mod NRaas Saver, it will automatically bring up the Save prompt every few minutes (30 minutes by default), then you'd just have to press Enter from that prompt to save your game.

Thank you very much. :)
    Be safe.