Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are they going to fix the fps bug?

Seriously though. I've had that since the EL patch.
It usually happens when I enter build mode and then go back to live mode the game gets super choppy with 10 fps or something. So many people are experiencing that yet still no fix.
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I never experienced this... Are you sure it's not caused by a conflicting mod or something? I'm on PC, might be only on laptops or mac?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    I hope they will, it is a bit worrying.

By the way, this is not a fix by any means, but I have read and noticed that you can open up the pause menu in the upper right and then press esc and that sometimes gets rid of the lag that you get from leaving build mode. It worked for me, I have no idea why it works.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I never experienced this... Are you sure it's not caused by a conflicting mod or something? I'm on PC, might be only on laptops or mac?

@Simmerville I'm on PC too. Yeah I thought about that and tried vanilla but it still occured. What confirmed my thought that this is an issue caused by the game is that the same thing happens to Plumbella and LGR in their videos.

I'm really worried that it could cause date to my card.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's never fixed. They keep adding more and more content, and more and more bugs and problems arise. And, with all the bugs from Eco Lifestyle, barely any of them have been addressed.

I don't think they'll be able to fix this unless they change the game's code entirely at this point. I don't think The Sims 4 base is strong enough to handle all the content they give it :/
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's never fixed. They keep adding more and more content, and more and more bugs and problems arise. And, with all the bugs from Eco Lifestyle, barely any of them have been addressed.

I don't think they'll be able to fix this unless they change the game's code entirely at this point. I don't think The Sims 4 base is strong enough to handle all the content they give it :/

@bixters I am starting to get really worried that the Sims 4 is really going to fall apart.
    The bugs it has aren't being fixed and recently has been creating tons of errors and last exceptions.
    I am active in the MCCC server and nowadays a lot of the last exceptions are not only caused by mods but also by routing errors or general errors from the game itself.
    If they are really planning to keep the game going for a long time they need to fix some of it.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I get this too. Open up and close the notifications a couple of times when you start getting the lag, it clears it up for some reason.

Origin ID: Peapod79