Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So have you played a lot of TS4 in lockdown?

1235...Next

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I generally play more computer games at the moment because my social life is non-existent other than messaging and fortnightly phone calls. I played TS4 a lot in March but then switched to some other games - 'Littlewood', even in its early access stage, has been one of my favs. But I regularly take breaks from TS4 as it is. I will get back into it this weekend though because it is more likely than not that I will get the new pack and there is some prep I want to do in several saves.

I just remembered you mentioning Littlewood in this thread and after trying it out, I can confirm that it's a lovely little game :love:
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I purchased all the packs I own during quarantine, so yes. :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've played more than I care to admit. I don't even wanna see how much I've spent on packs in the past few months. :#
    Since the lockdown started I haven't had anything else to do so I've played basically every day from morning til evening. I've tried to play some other games aswell but they just don't do it for me anymore so I always end up back on TS4.

Although Sims 4 has its issues it's honestly become my favorite instalment. I've tried playing Sims 3 again but I just don't find it as fun in comparison and I haven't been able to get back into it.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Honestly, I really expected to be simming like crazy during this whole ordeal but that hasn't happened. I used to really enjoy TS4 but lately, it hasn't been able to hold my interest very long anymore for the last few months. I really want to play it, but get super bored in under an hour's worth of gameplay. I had really hoped the latest couple of EPs and SPs would help, but no luck still... :/
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Played only 5 hours total for the past 5 months.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Oh, yes. Since March, I've been able to play almost daily (1 - 2 hours) :). Normally I can only play 2 - 3 hours a week :#.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Yep, but my lockdown was partially caused by my employer. First, they laid me off for 2 months, and then they let me (and 50 others) go permanently. So until I find another job, it looks like there's a lot of sims in my future lol
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    GF and Strangerville are two of the better packs - which is weird cause you'd think they're bad at first but they at least have gameplay and change things up a bit - as opposed to IL xD uni is grindy, I think that's the main issue with it. There's a mod that lets you shorten the amount of classes you need to finish btw, it really helps making it more enjoyable. Unfortunately I hate that having one sim in uni means I pretty much have to ignore all my other households if I want him to pass 🙄

I have a few mods that helps make the game for me. And I was already playing every day before Covid-19 hit. My state never did the whole lockdown thing, thank God, but our Governor merely requested that if we don't need to go anywhere, please don't. I'm now of the age-bracket that proves vulnerable, but I fear no Covid. ;) I don't normally go out and about. I much prefer staying at home, playing my Sims or other such pursuits. Editing my latest book. Filling up branches on my Family tree …

I get the love/hate thing. That's how I felt toward Sims3, actually. There were some things I loved, but some of those things clogged up the system so that the game, well, it put a drag on the way it played, harming my computer (which was a gaming rig.) Emphasis on the verb was. It died a painful, slow death. Even the brand new rig I got just prior to the end of Sims3 couldn't handle that game. Oi! I blame the oft-requested color wheel. NO, a thousand times NO. Showtime is what made me addicted to it, despite my mixed feelings. And I did enjoy the open world. But my Sims were painfully wooden. They didn't automatically converse with each other at the dinner table. They all stomped around (despite the promise their walk-style would be influenced by their traits). What a joke.

Sorry for my rant, but it is what it is. I love Sims4 because the Sims themselves are again entertaining. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I didn't. I got bored with the Sims 4 and quickly moved onto other games like Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout 4 the Witcher 3. I've been enjoying more RPGs lately.
    The only joy I've gotten out of Sims 4 recently was from the wonderful mods from our creative community :)
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yes i started playing the game more but i feel a break might be coming soon since i am starting to not feel as into it as i was in the start and have become more into my other non-sims games! I am kinda losing interest in the sims a little but that is ok, it happened to me before and i still found my way back.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I'm playing less. I'm an "essential worker" in a grocery store and never got locked down. My schedule is wackier than ever and I'm more socially overloaded than socially deprived. Plus, I live in a small tourist town on the water, so I can go for a socially distanced walk on the beach any day.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Yes. It's the only thing that has kept me sane. I started out playing Island Living and expanded from there. I haven't played Realm Of Magic yet, so I think that will be my next focus.

As for the negativity: Sometimes you just have to vent.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I play about the same. Some weeks I don't play at all, sometimes I just create Sims, but I don't actually go into live mode too much anymore. I really need some better mechanics to keep me engaged and I've been feeling a little let down by Maxis that they haven't addressed some of the main core issues like adding Fear/Worry or deeper personality systems. At this point, packs are just nonsense fluff until they do the actual work that's needed.

I ended up getting some retro games on Steam like the Baldur's Gate and Myst series and was having a blast playing those. I've also been playing a couple of MMOs, mostly LotRO but very recently loaded up TESO, which I haven't played in a while and forgot how much fun I had with that game.
    #Team Occult
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I just checked and I haven't played since January, however I am downloading a bundle with what I didn't have, if it ever downloads! So, I can play it for my 60Th birthday since I've chosen not to endanger family with a party because of Covid. I look forward to knitting lol and everything I have missed!
  • WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    Yes. Hundreds of hours.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Thinking on it I have not played the game much at all, with the glitches that haven't been fixed and the fact that I have to download mods to make it even borderline playable it has quickly become clear to me just how much is lacking in a game that was supposed to be a step up from Sims 3.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ve been playing about the same amount as always. I’m a stay at home mom, so lockdown hasn’t made much of a difference for me.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I admit I haven't been playing as lot as I was, but then again haven't been in lockdown completely. I work for a government agency, so have helped people who have been in lockdown their unemployment benefits so that they can still enjoy games like the Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've been going to work every day (not on weekends) normally the whole time. I had just started a new job on March when this awful disease started really spreading and my work is not something I can do at home. I had two choices, either come to work or get laid off. I chose to go to work because I need money.
    I've been playing less Sims 4 because of my work and also because of the current bugs in the game. Also I have a personal life situation that requires a lot of my time and attention.
    Post edited by Kimmer on