Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give us the fear emotion buff not more tense!

KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I will really love it if you can make a Halloween patch about way for sims to get scared!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978828/do-you-want-fear-emotion-back-rather-than-more-tense-buffs#latest

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978803/fear-emotion-please-make-it-happen-but-please-not-more-tense-emotion-halloween-patch-please/p1?new=1

de1glpn-a29d44b7-37aa-40ea-b061-34c0b2c63dec.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYzYxY2RkZmQtMTM3Mi00ZGZlLWEwMWItMDA0NDY4ZDUyZjM3XC9kZTFnbHBuLWEyOWQ0NGI3LTM3YWEtNDBlYS1iMDYxLTM0YzBiMmM2M2RlYy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.PAyrTq6oUperEgNCOXNWUVVMwFJ-HWlK1jRanCZ0eH0

de1glpt-01a1464e-7da8-4753-96b4-d8ccdbfae816.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYzYxY2RkZmQtMTM3Mi00ZGZlLWEwMWItMDA0NDY4ZDUyZjM3XC9kZTFnbHB0LTAxYTE0NjRlLTdkYTgtNDc1My05NmI0LWQ4Y2NkYmZhZTgxNi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.wfEQ499dSRvZz5Inxy6WLskWfCOoGi00ZIbcr4X4MMU

de1glpz-7e59c5e4-5845-4b52-9ae8-6d6541aafdf0.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYzYxY2RkZmQtMTM3Mi00ZGZlLWEwMWItMDA0NDY4ZDUyZjM3XC9kZTFnbHB6LTdlNTljNWU0LTU4NDUtNGI1Mi05YWU4LTZkNjU0MWFhZmRmMC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.PzA4LbmPv5YBwk159DkSyrZ7GRQgLSAFRhGDyEF4iGc

It's divided into four stages:

Scared - In this first stage your sims act as if they were worried about something. from here, they can share their insecurities or ask to sims if they heard a certain noise.

They also unlock some special interactions to calm themselves, though I'm gonna talk about those later.

Very Scared - In this second stage, sims tend to be more paranoid than before.

Their Walkstyle will change, and they be able to run.

Frightened - In this third stage, Sims will be so crazy they'll even start to run panicked!

Terrified- In this final stage, They will begin to freak out! Run Faster in a Terrified Motion. They become even crazier than ever before. They will bite their nails constantly.

If you don't succeed to calm your sim down, consider it dead.

This death method is a comeback from TS2, where you could die from fright if they were scared too much.

They will be able to "freak out!" and "debunk their fears" (Self-Interactions).

These interactions are user directed and will kinda calm them down.

Be warned though! If a sim remains Terrified for too long there will be serious consequences...

​There are various ways to calm your sims down. They can: ​

Calm down using a mirror or a vanity mirror.
Cry in the closet.
Freak out! (Only terrified sims)
Debunk their fears. (Only Terrified sims)
Share their insecurities. (Sometimes it doesn't)

If you don't succeed to calm your sim down, consider it dead.

This death method is a comeback from TS2, where you could die from fright if they were scared too much.

de1gh7k-b51d99e3-f09d-41f9-bf7f-17a73ad0a310.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYzYxY2RkZmQtMTM3Mi00ZGZlLWEwMWItMDA0NDY4ZDUyZjM3XC9kZTFnaDdrLWI1MWQ5OWUzLWYwOWQtNDFmOS1iZjdmLTE3YTczYWQwYTMxMC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.0TDZCaV9subhJAvQmjTGOfRIO9KsRK6m3GP8ahsqgik

This death will have a unique ghost type called "Death by fright"

​The Sim as a ghost is able to unleash a Banshee Scream to scare a sim and it's not pretty, they can also Wail though out the night scaring you sim out of bed.

​There are numerous way your sim can be scared! Some include

the use of expansions and others not:

BASE GAME

If a ghost possesses an object and alive sims are near.
If a sim cheats on their spouse and they get caught.
When there's a fire on the lot, or a sim is on fire.
If a sim uses a voodoo doll for evil purposes and then gets backfired.
When a child gets scared of the monster under the bed.
When sims witness a dead body. *
When a ghost, died by drowning, gets near a pool or swims in it.
Using a cheating buff that can either lead to the "Troubled"
or the "Terrified"​ emotion. **

GET TO WORK

If an alien gets caught wearing a disguise.
If a sim discovers an alien and the outcome is negative.
If a sim gets abducted and they don't come back dizzy.
When a sim gets panicked because of a SimRay.
When an alien scares a sim with a probe and the outcome is negative.​

CITY LIVING

When there's an earthquake.
When a house has the haunted trait (And receive the occasional
buff that would normally appear).

CATS AND DOGS​

When a sim hears a ghostly yowl from a ghost pet.

SEASONS

When there's a storm or a blizzard and the sim is outside.
When a sim is inside and there's a storm outside
When a sim almost gets struck by a lightning.
When they react negatively to a Scarecrow.

GET FAMOUS

When a sim gets trapped in a vault.
When a famous sim receives a text from an obsessed fan.

GAME PACKS

Strangerville: After a sim has tried to talk with a possessed sim. *

- When bizarre roots come out of a sink/toilet/shower/bath.

- After a Paranoid sim has looked up for conspiracy theories.

Jungle Adventures: When a sim is near a service skeleton and
the buff is negative.​

Vampires: After a human sim has slept in a coffin and the
outcome is negative.

- When a vampire bites a sim, the victim will be scared of the bite at first.

Parenthood: When a sim breaks the rules
while being grounded.

​STUFFS

Spooky Stuff: When a sim picks up a candy from the candy bowl, and
the outcome is negative​.

Movie Hangout Stuff: When a sim has finished to watch a horror movie. *

This mod also needs a trait called "Cowardly" and "Brave"

Cowardly: ​These kind of sims get a "+1 Troubled" buff whenever they are worried, and will be scared during the bump in the night. When they are scared they occasionally "faint". Cowardly Sims will faint when they encounter the Grim Reaper, a ghost, a burglar, or fire, and will get the "Scared" moodlet. When Cowardly Sims stay in a dark room or outside at night, they will get "Afraid of the dark" moodlet instead of "It's dark" moodlet. Cowards will, in panic, initiate fights with Vampires or even run away from vampires. They might faint after getting pranked with the scary computer. Cowardly sim have a scared reaction when misfortune strikes nearby Sims.

Brave: These Sims are never scared and if there's a fire, they will put it out. They also deal with burglars. With a Sim or vampire, it can be useful when exploring tombs or caves as they won't be scared by bugs and never get the "Fear" moodlet. They won't be scared by ghosts and vampires (Which vampires cause the "Hunted" moodlet). They are also tended to be more confident when they are in a haunted lot. They not as scared Horror Channel or Scary Computer Prank.

I also want a Horror Channel call Shiver.

shiver_sims_4_machinima_tv_mod__with_background__v_by_simminglugubrious_de1gord-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02NDAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9jNjFjZGRmZC0xMzcyLTRkZmUtYTAxYi0wMDQ0NjhkNTJmMzdcL2RlMWdvcmQtNWRiYzc2NzUtMTA2Yy00MDE3LTgwZTYtNGNkNjNjZWUyYzNlLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.d_QJg6dtoyA_oPot-N9q2NSrArwq9Hp1EYmrulYMYOA

It shows

A vampire movie but in the end Vampire lord gets attacked by aliens

A stalker film (with a twist ending) with victim was stalking have a horrible ugly face that making the stalker scared and run away.

A story about Hooper a pug is left behind in the break of an Zombie apocalypse. All he wants to do is get back to his owner a little boy that he loves dearly. This movie is similar to Lost Dog's Journey Home movie.

The Khlumzee Sisters and Hold That Ghost Cat - A black-and-white horror and slapstick comedy of the Sliver Screen: After inheriting a fortune from a gangster, three dim-witted service station attendants find themselves stranded in a haunted house with a ghost of a cat and his owner's spirit.

Vampire Cafe - A Sitcom about three vampires working where they meet weird vampires, serve weird Plasma food and battle with their evil boss.

Zomba Zeen by Tom Clark And The Dischords Music - A black and white and 50's themed music video about a battle between a mad scientist named Zomda and an Alien named Zeen

Invader from Sixam: StrangerVille Horror - A vintage 80's horror origin story theory by sims about how the plant mother was created and how it arrived on StrangerVille.

A Talk show featuring monsters and the supernatural. The host of the show is a vampire featuring the wolfman.

A mystery comedy featuring Mystery Solvers and their cat Blu are finding clues to a spooky house mystery of a ghost guarding the houses treasure by scaring people away. This is reference as a Scooby-Doo Sims 4 Parody.

Sims who watch this channel will become scared for several hours if they watch this channel but not for brave sims

I hope with this change I hope the SimGurus can add this as a Halloween Patch.

Please make a petition vote if you want it to happen for this upcoming Halloween Patch.

https://www.change.org/Sims4Fear13
Post edited by KriticalKlown on

Comments

• sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    I love the “Death by fright” suggestion! Actually, your whole post is awesome! The “scared”/"very scared”/“frightened” moodlets ought to be added, as that is a SERIOUS, relatable emotional in life. And The Sims 4 has SO MUCH potential to incorporate this moodlet!

To add...

• I would suggest this is a base-game update, and eventually The Sims 4 team could add specific triggers from packs (like vampires, Spooky Stuff, Seasons... IDK because I mostly don't have packs).
    • I would also suggest a lot trait (if this doesn't exist already in packs) to be something like “spooky.” And Sims get scared when they enter that lot.
    • And The Sims 4 can add a Reward Trait, “Fearless,” who isn't affected by scary stuff like spooky lots, ghost scares, or the usual things that would scare Sims.
    • And there could be a default Sims trait, something like “Scaredy Cat,” who gets scared more intensely than the average Sim.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    sketches wrote: »
    [*] And The Sims 4 can add a Reward Trait, “Fearless,” who isn't affected by scary stuff like spooky lots, ghost scares, or the usual things that would scare Sims.
    [*] And there could be a default Sims trait, something like “Scaredy Cat,” who gets scared more intensely than the average Sim.
    [/list]

I'd love those two traits! I was hoping paranoid would work like scaredy cat in strangerville, but it centres more on sims talking around your sim. Also, great breakdown @UndeadNinjabit - would so love to see fear in this game!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Death by Fright was in the Sims 2 and it was awesome.
    You could actually create a haunted mansion and have sims move in and get scared by the ghosts. It was so spooky and so fun.

Also I have to say I am very much against moodlets and have been since Sims 3 days but now I dislike them even more because they are an excuse for the team to take away from the gameplay. If they want an action to have an effect on the Sim they just add a moodlet nobody notices and that's it. Nothing else happens.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love the “Death by fright” suggestion! Actually, your whole post is awesome! The “scared”/"very scared”/“frightened” moodlets ought to be added, as that is a SERIOUS, relatable emotional in life. And The Sims 4 has SO MUCH potential to incorporate this moodlet!

To add...

• I would suggest this is a base-game update, and eventually The Sims 4 team could add specific triggers from packs (like vampires, Spooky Stuff, Seasons... IDK because I mostly don't have packs).
    • I would also suggest a lot trait (if this doesn't exist already in packs) to be something like “spooky.” And Sims get scared when they enter that lot.
    • And The Sims 4 can add a Reward Trait, “Fearless,” who isn't affected by scary stuff like spooky lots, ghost scares, or the usual things that would scare Sims.
    • And there could be a default Sims trait, something like “Scaredy Cat,” who gets scared more intensely than the average Sim.

Love the spooky lot trait idea. We need a lot trait that is actually haunted and scary!! Would also be perfect for my halloween carnival lots 😃😃😃😃
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Count me in! Fear is my #1 request right now.
    #Team Occult
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2020
    Brave does not mean never being scared of everything, at most never being scared of the irrational aspects (e.g watch a horror movie). They still being scared of the rational aspects (e.g attacked by vampire)

Other new traits
    Over Emotional - Conflict with Calm. Nothing to say, same as TS3.
    This trait not conflict with brave, it’s just that if they being scared, their moodlets are stronger.

Calm - Conflict with Over Emotional and Cowardly. These sims will randomly get the "Feeling Fine" moodlet, most moodlets contribute less to sims mood (Lower limit is 1). If they don’t have Brave trait, they'll also have irrational fear, but the moodlets are weaker.
    Same as Brave, they always put the fire out autonomously. Although they can't fight burglars without brave trait, they can always call the police autonomously. They won't effect by vampires Influence/Alter/Control Emotion power. When mourning on a grave, they'll stand in silent tribute instead of wail.

Daredevil - Conflict with Cowardly and Cautious/Demure/Circumspect. Generally speaking, it's similar to TS3.
    Same as Brave, They always put the fire out autonomously, but can't fight burglars; they also being scared of "creepy but not thrilling things" such as graveyards. They can take showers in the rain (can't do this if have Shy or Hydrophobic trait), skinny dip in broad daylight (can't do this if have Shy or Hydrophobic trait), or other excessive things. The "Watch This!" interaction has more tricks: no only eat dirt, kiss/slap other, taking a shower with clothes (can't do this if have Hydrophobic trait) or running to a fireplace to play with the flames (those are from TS3), they can suddenly streak (can't do this if have Shy trait). They also like mischief and woohoo in public.

Cautious/Demure/Circumspect (don't know which description is the most accurate) - Conflict with Daredevil. These sims tend to being reliable and steady. They're less doing mischief or skinny dip autonomously, haven't the ability to initiate woohoo in public and tend to refuse other sims for this, the "Dare Sims to Streak" is always fail to them. If Daredevil sims used "Watch This!" to them, they'll greatly reduce the relationship bar.

Reward trait
    Fearless - Sims with this trait will never being scared of everything, even they're cowardly.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't remember where I read it. However, I thought that one of the devs had said that it was highly unlikely that new emotions would be added to the game. I guess that, at this point, it would be very difficult to incorporate the mechanic into all of the packs that have been released since the base game. The time to add a fear emotion was when they created the base game. How such a basic human emotion was left out of the game, I'll never know.

@Shadow_Assassin, I love every one of your traits. In particular, I miss the last one. One of the characters in my story is very shy around people that she doesn't know well. (I really dislike how gregarious every single Sim is in TS4.) My character is also steadfast and the one to take charge in any crisis. Yet, there are no traits in the game that could be used to adequately simulate her personality. As always with TS4, I've got to pose and pretend.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree i fine as a player the tense buff pertfect since as a player i clearly do not went fear in the game or death by fear i much prefer to see my sims get tense
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree i fine as a player the tense buff pertfect since as a player i clearly do not went fear in the game or death by fear i much prefer to see my sims get tense

Then don't make your sims scared?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member

To add...

I fully agree with you! This would be aweeesomeeee!!
    Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2020
    This is an awesome suggestion! It would improve the game a lot!

I can think of some related interactions:

- If kids watch a horror movie on TV, they would get scared and they would only be able to sleep in their parents bed (sharing the bed with one of them), what would force mom or dad to sleep somewhere else.

- If a kid or teen is already frightened and something scary happens (they see a ghost, a vampire or an alien abduction for instance) they would wet their pants and get embarrassed.

- A teen would fear rejection before asking someone to be his/her girlfriend/boyfriend. If rejection happens, depending on the sim's personality they would become:
    Self-Assured, Cheerful, Good, Outgoing--->Sad.
    Gloomy, Paranoid, Self-Absorbed--->Mortified.
    Romantic, Family Oriented--->Very Sad.
    Erratic, Mean, Evil--->Enraged.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    There's some great ideas in here! I think a Fear emotion would be brilliant and very fun to play through!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Instead of "Death by Fright", it could be "Scared to Death" -- literally. :)

If we ever got burglars back, return of the Brave trait would be useful; in Sims 3 my Brave Sims would beat up the burglar even before the police got to the house. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)