Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else thinking of skipping the new pack IF it's Sci-FI based?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @domina89 wrote: »
    I really don't like all the SW items already in the game and would like to be able to remove them.
    Aw. Not Baby Yoda. :(
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    If the next pack is supposed to be groundbreaking , why would it be a futuristic space related pack?
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I am a collector so I will buy it no matter what.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    If the next pack is supposed to be groundbreaking , why would it be a futuristic space related pack?

The wording was closer to "Major First for the Team" Which doesn't necessarily mean groundbreaking. A collaboration with a major studio like Disney would be a Major First, even if the actual gameplay and theme have been done. It would feel like a cheat or a dodge to a lot of people, but it's still a major first.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

The wording was closer to "Major First for the Team" Which doesn't necessarily mean groundbreaking. A collaboration with a major studio like Disney would be a Major First, even if the actual gameplay and theme have been done. It would feel like a cheat or a dodge to a lot of people, but it's still a major first.

The funny thing is that EA already collaborates with Disney. EA owns the rights to Star Wars games. It's just another EA money grab, not a "collaboration with Disney," I'm so sorry to say.

For the benefit of the Star Wars franchise, however, this will just be another crossover item to expand its market, meaning it's not designed with the Sims players' interests in mind, but rather with the corporation's interests in mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_video_games#Crossovers
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    I am a collector so I will buy it no matter what.

I am too! But MAYBE not this time? Idk... :/
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited August 2020
    sketches wrote: »

The funny thing is that EA already collaborates with Disney. EA owns the rights to Star Wars games. It's just another EA money grab, not a "collaboration with Disney," I'm so sorry to say.

EA collaborates with Disney. This would be the first time the Sims Team got in on the action with something relatively big (a game pack). Thus "First for the Team" Not a First for EA.

And I've played one of the best Star Wars collaborations out there. Yes, I'm talking about the West End Games TTRPG that was the original Expanded Universe. So I know that there's a lot you can do to stay true to Star Wars and still be open ended and adaptable.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I dont have any strong feelings towards a space pack one way or the other , but neither the clothing or Build mode stuff would be useful for me, i think that is one pack that would offer next to nothing for me.

Right now i have 100% of sims 4 DLC, but if the game pack is for space....i just think ill pass.

Welp since I am writing a sci-fi . fantasy novel Imma have to say, yeah I would like a sci-fi themed pack.

However, it wouldn't be anything new that hasn't been done before because they did Into the Future in TS3 and they've had aliens for like forever.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I'm done jumping on anything based on false advertising. Eco Living looked awesome and turned out to be a bug mess. It's been almost a month and no word of a serious patch.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    I'm done jumping on anything based on false advertising. Eco Living looked awesome and turned out to be a bug mess. It's been almost a month and no word of a serious patch.

I think Eco Lifestyle is a really good pack if you're playing without cheats and like to have skilled , handy sims. I cant speak on the bugs since i am not much of a player right now, i mostly dabble in CAS.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I dont know....I can afford to buy it. Its just....dont see a point if everything included is useless for my own gameplay. The hairstyles will probably be wacky too.

I agree. I will skip this one too. I cannot imagine anything I could use in a space pack (unless it's a theme park of course).
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I'm not *thinking* of skipping it because there's not much to think about (hehe, being literal here). Meaning: I will probably skip it (no need to think it over yet).

There's maybe only one feature that would entice me; customizing new, separate alien species each with their own weaknesses and benefits (on top of genetics that I set, not set by that aging-morph bug). I don't mean setting each individual through a "skill tree" either, but making/saving species that follow my genetic rules.

That's possible, but I don't know how probable.

I'll probably skip it. I need space, but not THAT kind of space. (Hehe)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Scifi? No.
    Star Wars? Yes. Katy Perry Sweet Treats 2.0

:) How about "The Sims 4 - Katy Perry In Space" Could a GP cover it, or would it take a full EP?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

but if they meant major First for the Team wouldn't they just say that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2020

but if they meant major First for the Team wouldn't they just say that

They did.

Exact quote: “Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year.”

Everyone took it and ran with it and made it much bigger than that. But they literally just called it “a major first for us”.

Edit: source - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I dont have any strong feelings towards a space pack one way or the other , but neither the clothing or Build mode stuff would be useful for me, i think that is one pack that would offer next to nothing for me.

Right now i have 100% of sims 4 DLC, but if the game pack is for space....i just think ill pass.

I'll be buying it. A space pack could be good if our sims could visit a planet like Lunar Lakes and colonize there as well as prehaps do space walks above Sim Earth.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    No, I play main realistic but I think the cas/build could be really cool. Unless it's something I really do not want in my game I'd get it for that. Right now vampires is the only one I'd never get, but there are more themes I also can imagine not wanting. If it's werewolves I'd pass, but sci-fi/space I'd want to get.

I will however wait until I get create a bundle with the next expansion and knitting stuff to save money.

Build think Future Shock like we had in TS3 which I love by the way.

• charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I'll be skipping it. I have gotten the other occult packs and do not play with them. I mostly got them for the items and clothing so I don't see how space themed clothing/items will fit into my current game play.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    @domina89 wrote: »
    I really don't like all the SW items already in the game and would like to be able to remove them.
    Aw. Not Baby Yoda. :(

My favorite past time is setting Baby Yoda on fire. >:)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm more curious about the gameplay with it than the CAS outfits that CC artists have already done an excellent job with.

https://plumbobteasociety.tumblr.com/post/150541385473/stellar-stuff-for-sims-4-a-collaboration-between

Space idea for a pack was actually suggested six years ago here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmm5Qx-DdAM&amp;feature=youtu.be
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i can never say an absolute no until the pack is out ....regardless if my sims would be always heading to space...some different certainly can be appealing ...so i wait to see what if offers....very excited to find out
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No, I play main realistic but I think the cas/build could be really cool. Unless it's something I really do not want in my game I'd get it for that. Right now vampires is the only one I'd never get, but there are more themes I also can imagine not wanting. If it's werewolves I'd pass, but sci-fi/space I'd want to get.

I will however wait until I get create a bundle with the next expansion and knitting stuff to save money.

Build think Future Shock like we had in TS3 which I love by the way.

I don't have the future pack in S3. I didn't really enjoy that version of sims and only have 2-3 packs for it as I didn't want to spend anymore on it haha. But what I'd hope for in build would be some themed posters, small telescope, some CAS space theme (SW or Nasa or something similar) tshirts... maybe some models and collectible type things.... if it had anything like tht I'd go for it.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am. I like realistic gameplay so I am definitely skipping a sci-fi pack.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Scifi? No.
    Star Wars? Yes. Katy Perry Sweet Treats 2.0

:) How about "The Sims 4 - Katy Perry In Space" Could a GP cover it, or would it take a full EP?

Nah, Katy Perry isn't a thing anymore. But it could be a reality TV space pack... :D
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It's going to depend on the actual pack. I'm not really interested in an outer space colony or aliens. I would potentially have interest in a science pack since I wanted to build a science center. There are also a lot of scientific sims in my game.

I can't make a decision without knowing more. I don't want to play in outer space though. I did vote for some science stuff in the community stuff pack poll last fall.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.