Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    WARNING! The following image may be disturbing to some viewers. Viewer Discretion is advised. ;)
    hInT.jpg

Wouldn't it only be disturbing to younger viewers if they have seen the film
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    If I were in charge of PR for the Sims I'd say "Release the teaser today!" Get their focus off that skin tones issue. 😄
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    WARNING! The following image may be disturbing to some viewers. Viewer Discretion is advised. ;)
    hInT.jpg

IT's still disturbing to older viewers who have seen the film...
    hInT.jpg

I havent seen it so I dont know how scary it is
    hInT.jpg

I watched it when I was a wee little brat, but it didn't disturb me. It gave other kids (and grown-ups) nightmares though. It depends on whatever triggers the scaredy-cat within.
    I mean I got nightmares from Barney the Dinosaur and I had just entered young adult hood when that was on TV. Oh the Night Terrors I had. The Night Terrors...
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    So SimGuruGeorgie posted another picture related to his baby.
    Does anyone think these baby pictures are part of hints for the new pack or updates ( like some folks saying the light and dark onesies he posted represent the Light and Dark side of The Force) or do you think they’re just...baby pics because he’s a proud dad (and he should be!)?

I think they're just cute baby pics. I would be very surprised if any of the Guru's would involve their family in hints for the game :)

Yeah. That makes sense.
    Those pics are turning me into a big softy though... :#

there is nothing wrong with being a softy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    hInT.jpg

I watched it when I was a wee little brat, but it didn't disturb me. It gave other kids (and grown-ups) nightmares though. It depends on whatever triggers the scaredy-cat within.
    I mean I got nightmares from Barney the Dinosaur and I had just entered young adult hood when that was on TV. Oh the Night Terrors I had. The Night Terrors...

my grandmother made us watch scary movies every Halloween starting when we were nine I never understood
    that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just thought about another SW theory regarding that Pig Chef.
    It’s called ‘Porc du Jour’.
    A famous little Star Wars creature is called ‘Porg’.
    AFB4-FC99-F820-430-B-A054-6-B084-C116-F29.jpg

Porc/ Pork/ Porg...sounds the same to me.

It could be a reference to Porkins from ANH :open_mouth:

Star-Wars-Rebel-Pilot-Porkins.jpg
    Just thought about another SW theory regarding that Pig Chef.
    It’s called ‘Porc du Jour’.
    A famous little Star Wars creature is called ‘Porg’.
    AFB4-FC99-F820-430-B-A054-6-B084-C116-F29.jpg

Porc/ Pork/ Porg...sounds the same to me.

It could be a reference to Porkins from ANH :open_mouth:

True...He was nicknamed 'Piggy' after all.
    edited August 2020
    Just so you dont have to scroll back to find the pictures here they are
    0sNZSkd.png
    simspackicongp.png
    1rjXBxw.png
    DoqTGiR.png
    6k2ptn2qb8531.jpg?auto=webp&s=b602d3a163de9117315aa6fa230193b75490c4b2SkmBiJe.jpg
  • MeteorizerMeteorizer Posts: 30 Member
    Eurgh I really hope it isn't a pack about Star Wars. A space pack i'll be okay with but Star Wars doesn't interest me, I'd be fine if it took some inspiration from Star Wars and other scifi/space movies But a whole pack for Star Wars is just not something I'd see myself buying. If this is the case I expect to honestly be a lot of complaints and riots. Cause this is a case of really.... who asked for this? Space is different as it's not just all Star wars and would still be a first for sims since we've never been able to travel to space. (Not counting the portal to Sixam)
    So SimGuruGeorgie posted another picture related to his baby.
    Does anyone think these baby pictures are part of hints for the new pack or updates ( like some folks saying the light and dark onesies he posted represent the Light and Dark side of The Force) or do you think they’re just...baby pics because he’s a proud dad (and he should be!)?

I think they're just cute baby pics. I would be very surprised if any of the Guru's would involve their family in hints for the game :)

Yeah. That makes sense.
    Those pics are turning me into a big softy though... :#

there is nothing wrong with being a softy

Generally no but it’s not great for Captain Troublemaker.
    I simply can’t resist a pair of pudgy little baby feet.
    Cause this is a case of really.... who asked for this?

I asked for it in my wildest dreams. And some other folks did through a survey.
    But I’m happy with just ‘Space’. o:)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Another Thursday nothing ;-;...I am so tired of waiting.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Thornwood wrote: »
    > @simmerLella said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Uhhhhh, I KNOW that means trademark AND ... uhhhh, NO! Star Wars is NOT the future, so they'd be showing some serious ignorance, which would be embarrassing and oh, so cringey!
    >
    > I take the trademark as being a silly joke, I don't know about what though. It seems like it's supposed to be some company's tagline, poking fun somehow, not sure how.
    >
    > It CAN'T be Star Wars unless they had a big brain fart. And no one really needs THAT phrase to show the trademark, so IRL they don't need it there. Yes it can be a hint at _A_ trademark or _A_ brand, but it's VERY unclear what. Star Was was "a long time ago," PERIOD (well, not yet period, "in a galaxy far, far away," then perhaps period, haha.)

Based on Sims seems to do easter eggs, saying the future when SW traditionally is set a long time ago, is there kind of funny and cutesy way of things.

Not to mention a long time ago in that galaxies history, doesn't mean it wouldn't be the future time for another galaxy or planet. Plus, funfact, Star Wars is classified as being a "Futuristic Franchise", so it's not a lie. But also not enough to swipe away at Star Wars especially when EA owning the gaming rights makes it the perfect tie in.

Which, I hope they tie in SW, if for no other reason then to tie in Mass Effect and Dragon Age later down the line.

OK, but I won't start believing that The Sims 4 is set in the past and they came up with all this Simstagram, etc., stuff long ago and whatnot, haha. For me, it'll still be based on modern Earth/mostly America, and that's that.

Otherwise, fair points but that'd be even more annoying from them than I'd expect, haha. I should expect even less, hehe.

I don't think the point is that the SIMS is in the past. It's that the Star Wars galaxy is entirely in the future, but it starts out "A long time ago" for that particular galaxy, that galaxy's a long time ago, is still in the future of our galaxy type thing. In fact,apparently the original line (which was changed) was "A long time ago, in the not-too-distant future". (I don't know if there is truth to that, never seen the movies, but have been told this by a huge star wars fan friend haha) I do remember that before the Star Wars Land in Disney was opened, Star Wars attractions always took place in the section of Disney called "Tomorrowland" which is geared towards the future.

The point someone was making WAS that to some "realities" a long time ago would be THEIR future, and if that's true for The Sims, then that'd mean THE SIMS 4 would be in the past, by that logic. Come on. Someone had to have been either suggesting TS4 could be in the past OR the "point" would be MOOT.

The writing at the beginning of Star Wars is for us, not for the characters. Mixing that up doesn't make sense. They probably intended to "flip the script" by making technologically advanced things in the past for distant people, to kind of blow people's minds a little. That's part of the fun and set it further apart from Star Trek.

The rumored original line IS quirky but makes no sense and I don't think leads to a fair argument.

Disney might have placed some attraction in Tomorrowland either out of ignorance or that just fitting in better, but later on* they had a Star Wars attraction at Epcot. They just want similar feeling things together, and I don't think that's a good defense.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that line from the Future Cube would be a TERRIBLE hint for Star Wars, which they might have done, but I won't start thinking it'd be a GOOD hint for Star Wars.

*ETA: I could have sworn the Star Wars ride at Epcot was as old as dirty by the 2000s, but ... did they move it or are we confused?? ... Epcot might not be very old, so it makes sense if they moved the ride.

Sorry, I meant Disneyland, not Disneyworld. I have no idea where Star Wars was at Disneyworld, I've never been there. When I think "Disney" I automatically think of the California park.

I've always understood it as..
    Timeline

Our Now (Sims time)
    Star Wars Galaxy Start = Our Future
    Star Wars Movie Timeline = Further Future retelling Galaxy Start time. They might be telling to us but from THEIR point of view, where it feels like a Long Time Ago because a LONG TIME has passed. For the narrator, it was a long time ago. This is how I've always understood it, and it makes the rumoured line make perfect sense.

That being said, I've never seen the movies so happily accept being corrected, I"ll take your word they are in the past haha! I was combining the knowledge that the ride is in tomorrowland (or was, haven't been to Disney in over a decade since I don't live in USA) and my own understanding of the line that isn't really based on anything tbh haha! One day (maybe soon) I'll have to watch the movies myself.

Either way, maybe the future hints had nothing to do with this pack and only to do with the fact that it's the future cube you use to get them. I still believe from the icon and the baby yoda that the pack will be star wars related.

Oh! I'm the opposite. I automatically think Disney World. I live on the east coast of the U.S. There is/was a "Tomorrowland" in the Magic Kingdom (that was a yesteryear's VISION of "tomorrow" - at least for a while). I'm also not that interested in that section, with Hall of Presidents being even lower on my list, lol. I understand that Disneyland is very similar to JUST the Magic Kingdom from Disney World (I believe with Snow White's castle instead of Cinderella's?) but perhaps they've added to it. "Star Tours" is/was at Epcot but it's been a while since I've visited. *major sad face* It's very retro. They even kept a similarly old ride inspired by it, "Body Wars" around too long. The retro vibe feels sensible for Star Tours, but not the other, lol.

I interpret the Star Wars timeline as being a long time ago for us, in a more technologically advanced galaxy, and see the text as for Hollywood audiences by movie makers, not Star Wars locals (or oops, apparently us) by an imaginary narrator/author. *shrug* I did not consider another possible take on that, but yours is interesting, though confusing, haha.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    Is anyone else getting Jules Verne vibes from these predictions?? (underwater, space etc..)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Simbastien wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting Jules Verne vibes from these predictions?? (underwater, space etc..)

A Jules Verne/Steampunk Retro-future pack would, indeed, be awesome. I'll take that if it's not Star Wars in a heartbeat.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Simbastien wrote: »

A Jules Verne/Steampunk Retro-future pack would, indeed, be awesome. I'll take that if it's not Star Wars in a heartbeat.

Agree
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Bored waiting so I'm watching all these bad boys again. Thought I'd share...

https://youtu.be/RySHDUU2juM
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

“You’re a psycho wiener!”
    https://youtu.be/U9t-slLl30E
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

I love them so much!

I love them so much!

I don't know what to think, but they're definitely good at what they're doing. :D
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    Here's something else to pass the time. I imagined what the Sims expansion packs would be like if the worlds were impacted by a global pandemic.
    https://extratime.media/2020/08/12/sims-4-best-expansion-packs-best-in-reality/amp/

Sorry if such shameless self promotion is not allowed
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    That Star Wars Bad Lip Reading was so funny. I don't think I'm ever going to look at my Star Wars BluRays the same way. :D