Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - On Hiatus

Comments

• SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @DeafSimmer
    Very lonely. No-one but the butler and he's only there because he has to be.

@_sims_Yimi
    You have so little confidence in my girls! Or me? Either way, I'm sure it will end well. I'm like, 50% sure. Which is more than 0%, so something for you to hold on to. :D
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    Finally dinner time for one hungry vamp.

Chapter 21 - Can't Compel A Cow
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Definitely curious how April convinced Caleb to turn her, in spite of what Lilith is saying he doesn't appear out of control at all (and while I'm sure she has plenty of reasons from the past to treat him the way she does, she's just pushing him away now).

Obviously April is very pretty and Caleb already said he found her attractive. But would that be enough on its own? I think I may have a theory but I'll just PM you it.

@ThePlumbob
    I shall prepare for a thorough beating with your speculation stick.
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    @ThePlumbob @SnuffyBucket Hey wait, I want to hear your theory, too! :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited August 2020
    Ok ok, here's the theory - I got the green light to post it so it's probably completely wrong 😆
    I wonder if April got Caleb to admit he isn't Doctor Vatore somehow, and then used the information to sway him. Something along the lines of "I know what it's like to live under someone else's thumb, not have a say in anything in your life, but if you turn me, we could be free together" and some such.

I'm going predominantly of the basis of what we've seen of Caleb and Lilith's relationship, and the little we know about April. And we did see her thinking about her and Caleb running away together, didn't we?

Of course, the holes in that theory are - would April really be so perceptive to deduce all that about him, and if the theory was true, you'd think Caleb would have sought her out after turning her, not left her to her own devices for days until she ends up in his neck of the woods somehow.

She clearly had some kind of leverage over him, and I'm sure the fact he found her attractive help - although it's hard to say if she would play to that, because I'm not too sure April is aware of how good-looking she is, with all that Sandy conditioning.
    @ThePlumbob
    Or it's totally right and I will just stop posting chapters now and go have a lie down. :D
    Almost Eternal
    edited August 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    Oooh that's interesting. She might not have been able to figure out that Caleb has been living under Lilith's thumb, so to speak, but she definitely knows how to blackmail and/or extort someone from watching Sandy. If she figured out Caleb wasn't the real doctor, she could have threatened to use the Moss name to completely defame the real Dr. Vatore, to the point of them running out of business. Unless he did as she said and turned her. I can totally see Sandy doing that, and April learned from her.

Edit: Which is what Caleb said she did in the story, I believe. He may have been telling the truth. Perhaps his sister's happiness is his weak point?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    Yep I could definitely see that, but I decided to bet on the more "romantic" version. Don't ask me where that's coming from, apparently my nonexistant romantic side has decided to crawl out today, no less here, where the closest we've seen to romantic interactions was... err, what's his face cheating in his wife with Faith? Sandy's "marriage" with Travis? Romance, I tell thee 😂
    @ThePlumbob
    Yeeeeesss, the most romantic part was cute man bun guy in a blood-drained, post-woohoo daze, yelling to a girl half his age that he'd leave his wife for her, of course! :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi @ThePlumbob
    Are you guys saying that Will isn't romantic? That Sandy didn't love Travis? Am I failing at writing what is very clearly an epic love story?
    Almost Eternal
    @SnuffyBucket
    Ah, yes. Almost Eternal, the tangled love story of using vampiric mind domination to arrange for a neverending series of blind dates so Travis can find a better wife. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi @ThePlumbob
    Travis would never find a better wife than Sandy.
    Not seeing any potential for romance amongst the chaos then? ;)
    Almost Eternal
    Not seeing any potential for romance amongst the chaos then? ;)
    Well I clearly am :D There's even a few options I could think of. I just hope none of the ones we actually get involve man bun :D
    @ThePlumbob
    Well I clearly am :D There's even a few options I could think of. I just hope none of the ones we actually get involve man bun :D
    Do share... I'll get my popcorn.
    Almost Eternal
    @SnuffyBucket @ThePlumbob
    Oh, I'll join you for that! I nominate Lilith and Melinda. Also Caleb and April, but I want to see that crash spectacularly. Because drama. xD
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi @ThePlumbob
    Crash spectacularly I can certainly do.
    Almost Eternal
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Oh, I'll join you for that! I nominate Lilith and Melinda. Also Caleb and April, but I want to see that crash spectacularly. Because drama. xD
    I agree with this though I could also see Caleb and Melinda AKA the wimpy vamp romance.

Hmm, our poor girl Faith needs some love though. She can definitely do better than man bun, but I don't imagine any of the current options would do it for her. Maybe a new character is on order.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    I agree with this though I could also see Caleb and Melinda AKA the wimpy vamp romance.

Hmm, our poor girl Faith needs some love though. She can definitely do better than man bun, but I don't imagine any of the current options would do it for her. Maybe a new character is on order.
    Wimpy vamp romance. :D
    Don't worry about Faith. ;)
    Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    He is in my story, yes.
    Almost Eternal
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    It's good to see Lilith taking care of Melinda's hunger :smile:
    Melinda seems to have a lot of speculation and pangs of conscience :/
    I still have not fully understood what made Caleb turn April into a vampire?
    Then there's the whole game between the three girls ... still a lot of questions :|
    I'm looking forward to getting a little wiser. .... if it ever happens :lol:
    @MonaSolstraale
    Caleb claims that he was blackmailed by April, however April maintains she was attacked as a punishment for calling him out. It's your call who you believe, for now.
    All will be revealed. :)
    Welcome back.
    Almost Eternal
    Inside your mind, what will we find?

Chapter 22 - Weird Juice
    Almost Eternal
    edited August 2020
    Ok, after my initial reaction of being frustrated with everyone, I'm ready to put my tinfoil hat back on.
    I'm definitely still not buying the "April getting turned against her will" story, I think there's definitely truth in what Caleb said about her insisting that he did it - although it sounds like it wasn't blackmail, per say.

According to April (and since this was inside her mind we have no reason to not believe that), Caleb told her he has nobody, so she didn't know about the real Dr Vatore - although there is still a plausible chance she may have come to the conclusion that there was a "real" mortal Dr Vatore that Caleb disposed of. But I don't think so, it definitely sounds like they formed some kind of real connection over their shared loneliness without necessarily naming their demons by name, and then April was able to talk Caleb into turning her. I doubt she of course had the full story on what being a vampire is truly like, but she has read enough literagure to sort of know what she was getting herself into, so I don't think she really has the right to play a victim card.

I'm guessing Caleb did comply in a moment of weakness, then regretted it, and being the bright spark that he is, he decided to just pretend it didn't happen, instead of you know, doing the sensible thing of seeking April out and teaching her a thing or two, perhaps even offering each other that company they both craved enough to start this whole mess. But sensible and Caleb don't really go in my head.

Of course I may be totally off the mark here. It just drives me crazy that eveone is pointing blaming fingers at Caleb. Lilith is so eager to put the entire fault on his shoulders, but everyone is at least in part a product of their own environment (especially after 300 years). If you look for constantly things that are wrong, you will find them, and miss other important ones.