Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have anyone used DownWithPatreon? Is it safe?

PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
edited March 2020 in General Mods Discussion
I didn't quite know where to post this so I took a chance this was the right place.
I was searching around for new places to download cc and maybe finding some new mods. Then I came across the down with patreon page. And I see so much stuff there I've wanted, but I didn't get cuz it was patreon exclusive... I read around the site and it seemed pretty legit and okay.

But I wonder, have anyone here used this site? Is it safe?
Or would I risk virus or broken cc / mods on my computer if I download from there?
I can't really afford to pay for all the patreon stuff I really want, so this felt like a good "plan b" if it is safe. but I don't wish to risk my game or computer in any way (at least don't risk it more than legit mods and cc already does :lol: )
Post edited by PinkyPus on

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Yes, it is completely safe. Broken CC or mods is always a possibility as it's not their duty to update the links, but I believe they try to when it's available (getting a hold of the CC or mod in the first place is hard enough). Mods usually are not too outdated on there because most mods are early access only and they upload the new version as soon as they get it. There are only a few misc ones, like the Royalty mod, that have been free and because of that not updated on there. Honestly, I recommend downloading only the public versions of the mods from the creators to save yourself the headache and instead use the site for CC. Also, you're not allowed to link website as it does have adult content on there. Make sure to remove the link (from the title too).
  • PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
    Yes, it is completely safe. Broken CC or mods is always a possibility as it's not their duty to update the links, but I believe they try to when it's available (getting a hold of the CC or mod in the first place is hard enough). Mods usually are not too outdated on there because most mods are early access only and they upload the new version as soon as they get it. There are only a few misc ones, like the Royalty mod, that have been free and because of that not updated on there. Honestly, I recommend downloading only the public versions of the mods from the creators to save yourself the headache and instead use the site for CC. Also, you're not allowed to link website as it does have adult content on there. Make sure to remove the link (from the title too).

Yeah okay.
    I removed the link now, just thought it would be better putting the link there instead of answering several times what site I was talking about in case someone didn't get it.
    The thought that it was adult content there didn't even cross my mind :lol:
  • dessertbunnydessertbunny Posts: 8 New Member
    Are you happy that this website was forced to shut down after you said something on the actual forum for the game? Wish you never found it because you ruined it for everyone.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    If you do a little searching, you will find that there is another site hosting the same content.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Thi5areeThi5aree Posts: 11 New Member
    If you want information DWP, talk to their moderators on Reddit. Don't ask questions about it on a forum made for The Sims :)
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2020
    @dessertbunny This person did not cause DWP to shut down....If you actually followed the website owners and what was going on, you'd know that they were done with the harassment that's been going on, since they started DWP, from impatient downloaders and the creators they went against. The costs didn't help matters either.
  • EmilyAysEmilyAys Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Rouenpucelle said:
    > If you do a little searching, you will find that there is another site hosting the same content.

Thank you for this tip. I tried and didn't find any similar website. Can you help me please?
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    > @EmilyAys said:
    > > @Rouenpucelle said:
    > > If you do a little searching, you will find that there is another site hosting the same content.
    >
    > Thank you for this tip. I tried and didn't find any similar website. Can you help me please?
    >
    >

There's a similar site called 'paysites must be destroyed' (Link:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sQHW9dvmwGymms1VuBY4SJsICkZ-cGXXKRUT9pYhkHc/edit). It looks to be the same site with the same downloads.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • EmilyAysEmilyAys Posts: 2 New Member
    Nice site! Thank you for your help.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Are you happy that this website was forced to shut down after you said something on the actual forum for the game? Wish you never found it because you ruined it for everyone.

The Sims wouldn't take it down, they're against CC creators putting stuff on Patreon and charging for it. It's in their terms and conditions that CC creators can only put stuff on pay sites for a maximum of 3 weeks (or 2?) and then it has to be made public, but a ton of CC creators break that rule and it's sadly never enforced.

Does anyone know if this patreon "thesimsshop" is anywhere on similar sites? Couldn't find it on the site mentioned above
    I subbed to them ages ago for their maps but then two days after my subscription ended a patch came in and broke them. Don't really wanna support them again as they're messing their subscribers around, teasing new content but not releasing anything and they're breaking EA's rules as their stuff has been on Patreon for 4+ months with no sign of a public release
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    Have you tried this link? I’m on mobile right now, so I can’t try it myself.
    http://thesims.shop/better-worlds/
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PeekabooPeekaboo Posts: 1 New Member
    Paysitesmustbedestroyed is till up if you're looking for something Similar to downwithpatreon