Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about an EP for toddlers/teens/children? What should be included?

Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
edited August 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So here’s my idea , we need a pack centered around children. All new toys, games & hobbies. Lots of new wardrobe items . And before the pack is released , there is a free update that makes babies more improved .

❗️What gameplay and toys 🧸 would you like to see included ? ❗️
Post edited by EA_Joz on

How about an EP for toddlers/teens/children? What should be included? 71 votes

Yes Younger sims need more depth
94%
crocobaurawinkeljohn78OolonglongPseudonymsBreeNillababajayneCynnaBluellegamekittenspice3phantasmkissBabykittyjadePieceOfPrincessfoxybillybixtersThenyoukissmeannaliese39StrudelzzBatmanFanGirltexxx78 67 votes
No, I think younger sims are fun to play as is
5%
SavorySageLady_BalloraAuroraskiesAdmiral8Q 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I totally think that there should be lots more things for these life stages! I hate to keep always comparing it to TS2 and TS3, but it's so true that both those other iterations didn't forget about those life stages.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Depth isn't something Sims 4 is good at.

That said, I'd love some, please!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Although I'm not sure that they need a full EP worth of stuff. I suppose it depends on how in depth the extra stuff is and how much extra programming it needs, as well as how fundamentally it changes overall gameplay.

I'm saying this using Parenthood, which was only a Game Pack, as a basis for comparison. I think they could manage a pretty decent toddler/kids/teen pack at the Game Pack level.

And I know it will set some people howling, but I'd also like a separate Teen Stuff pack (since we got Toddler Stuff and Kids room stuff) And the two combined would still be less than the cost of an Expansion pack.

(And I don't actually want to be able to do more with babies than change their name and clothing in CAS, but I know I'm in the minority there.)
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I think it is fair to say they need more. There is not much reason to play them with the base game other than aging and aspirations/skill boosts. Toddlers get play dates and playgrounds with Toddler stuff, kids get voidcritters and the puppet theater in Kids Room, and all three stages get character values and related play with Parenthood. However, in the grand scheme it still is not that much, especially with the limitations on other content.

Kids cannot garden, cook in any way, walk or bathe pets, etc. This is on top of having practically nothing else to do beyond homework, dollhouses, toy boxes, the theater, and void critters. I suppose they have knitting, too, now, but even with adult skills they are limited. It usually is not worth focusing on a child character for me. I get bored waiting for their school obligations to be done and then have nothing to really do with them that I could not do better and easier with a YA. Teens are pretty well the same. Plus their mood swings can be fairly annoying and are not enough to separate them from YAs.

I like the toddlers in Sims 4 the best, though, but I would not turn down making any of them better.
  • Options
    I totally think that there should be lots more things for these life stages! I hate to keep always comparing it to TS2 and TS3, but it's so true that both those other iterations didn't forget about those life stages.

TS2 especially. We had hopscotch , Tag you’re it, cops and robbers and the list goes on. Those were games that children could play interacting with eachOTHER! Not objects 🤯

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I play them as is. I don't think EA will even fix kids or teens in Sims 4.....hopefully,kids and teens will be more like the Sims 2 kids and teens.I loved playing them in Sims 2 and having adults help the kids with homework.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    I play them as is. I don't think EA will even fix kids or teens in Sims 4.....hopefully,kids and teens will be more like the Sims 2 kids and teens.I loved playing them in Sims 2 and having adults help the kids with homework.

They had a survey in April that included a section about improving individual life stages . So we shall definitely see 🤓 I know a lot of players want more expansion of other life stages besides YA.

• Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    YES!!!
  • Options
    I’d like to see an active baby sitter job with this . Like sims being paid to go to households with children and care for them while their parents are away.
  • Options
    abz6abz6 Posts: 5 New Member
    For my current game I took a teen from my large vampire family. Copied the household, split him out and moved him in with a random adult that I made. I planned to finish his scouting and then age him up and move him out but I'm enjoying keeping him as a teen at the moment. I have realised that teens have so much freedom in Sims4 as opposed to Sims3. I got him exploring the jungle to make them some cash and it turns out that it's quite easy to max out all the required skills just as easy as if he was an adult. He skips school most mondays because he's still in Selvadorada and never goes to scout meetings. His grade has never dropped at all. He's made enough money from looting ancient ruins to move them out of their grotty apartment into a nice small house in a better area.

I'd like to see this freedom for teens expanded. He's restricted in his vampire advancement because he can't spar with adults. I'd like to be able to drop him out of scouts without losing all of the badges that he achieved. Should it even be possible for a teen to drop out of school altogether? perhaps it would impact on their acceptance into university. Maybe teens could graduate high school once they reach the top grade and maintain it for a while? Then stay teens until they're ready to adult! Also "drama club" doesn't have the benefits that scouts has. What good is it?
  • Options
    JejaJeja Posts: 21 Member
    I think teens and kids are in desperate need on some improvements. Every time I play 4(granted its not that often bc I always go back to 3) I always end up just maxing their skills bc I now that they get advantages as an adult. It is literaly only to get better adults and I never play with kids/teens bc I want to play their whole live. Only so they have the advantages and thats so sad! In 3 I love playing with teens and having them do pranks and get arrested by the police bc they are out too late.
  • Options
    PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member
    More depth on Teenagers for sure! I miss the sneaking out to rabbit holes, throwing party's while the parents were on vacation to rabbit holes, the police bringing them home. Right now I feel like they are exactly like kids, but bigger. They should sneak (and get caught), have discussions with them over influences of their friends and what not. There should be more focus on being rebellious or the other side: Study groups, going to Job fairs or take a quiz to see what jobs fit them or making a bigger thing out of getting into college!
    Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited August 2020
    I feel kids have enough personally like im rather busy with kiddo sims as it is

but i wouldn't mind baby dragon pets that kids can play with or spellcasting for kids :wink: oh good old ts1 :bawling:

what i really need improvement on though is elders, older adults and teens cause those lifestages don't really have much of things to separate them from ya sims and i feel they need something special

babies i guess be nice to have strollers or something but honestly i tend to just age them to toddler right away cause they annoying not making their needs known before u have them SCREAAAAAM
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited August 2020
    I love toddlers! They just got new toys. I will play kids when they get new aspirations and don't ask for advice. Turn off in options along with character values. Parenthood ruined kids and teens for me. Those pop ups ruin my immersion. They irritate me because no matter what I pick it will have a negative impact. I will play teens and send them to high school if they stop with the moody walk and stop having such fatal mood swings. I raised 3 sons in real life and no one died on the sidewalk from a pimple embarrassment. We need an easy going trait or fix the teen mood swing drama! I can't deal with it. I do not like the stress of cheating death 5 days a week!

edit: run on sentence
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Not an EP, maybe a GP. What I would like to see is the option for doing school (and other activities) actively. With a mod I have, all the children can chose to 'work from home'. I have an elementary school built (Generic lot) that they can travel to that has everything they need. So in that case it's more of 'go to school'. If they need to go to a park or a library, can do that too during their work-day. All of them in the household simultaneously instead of choosing just one. (Still need at least one adult to travel with then of course) I would like to see that for the careers also. If you have lets say three scientists in the household, you could take all 3 to work at the same time instead of just one. I suppose with a work from home option, if you had multiple conservationists, they could travel in a group as you actively do their daily tasks.

As for a major expansion pack (EP) for toddlers/children/teens. I find it pretty good as is now. Small improvements could be made, yes. People here have already expressed great ideas.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Not an EP, maybe a GP. What I would like to see is the option for doing school (and other activities) actively. With a mod I have, all the children can chose to 'work from home'. I have an elementary school built (Generic lot) that they can travel to that has everything they need. So in that case it's more of 'go to school'. If they need to go to a park or a library, can do that too during their work-day. All of them in the household simultaneously instead of choosing just one. (Still need at least one adult to travel with then of course) I would like to see that for the careers also. If you have lets say three scientists in the household, you could take all 3 to work at the same time instead of just one. I suppose with a work from home option, if you had multiple conservationists, they could travel in a group as you actively do their daily tasks.

As for a major expansion pack (EP) for toddlers/children/teens. I find it pretty good as is now. Small improvements could be made, yes. People here have already expressed great ideas.

I feel that an EP is desperately needed. Theres next to nothing engaging about younger life stages right now. I need a complete overhaul honestly.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing how little content is added in expansions I'd say toddlers/children/teens need about 3 full expansions to make them fun for me.

Most importantly there needs to be a active school pack so we can actively play our children and teens without them poofing into a rabbit hole half the day.

Games and hobbies are also needed badly kids really cant do anything together no sports nothing like ballet or karate or cops n robbers tag not even a game of marco polo in the pool what little they have to do together is locked to the doll house and the objects that came with kids room.

Want to play a kid on a community lot you got the park toddlers are not even that lucky sure you can toss the objects from toddler stuff in a park but you will never see another family bring their toddlers because strollers don't exist and they could not be bothered to update it so toddlers would show up with parents. There needs to be more to do for children be it arcades or carnival lots teens need skate parks and places like movie theaters to go on dates now obviously retail is bad but that's an issue for all.

Also I'd love for more sibling type behavior like picking on younger sibling or telling on other siblings to parents can they be less perfect and boring at least give mean kids something to do.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Seeing how little content is added in expansions I'd say toddlers/children/teens need about 3 full expansions to make them fun for me.

Most importantly there needs to be a active school pack so we can actively play our children and teens without them poofing into a rabbit hole half the day.

Games and hobbies are also needed badly kids really cant do anything together no sports nothing like ballet or karate or cops n robbers tag not even a game of marco polo in the pool what little they have to do together is locked to the doll house and the objects that came with kids room.

Want to play a kid on a community lot you got the park toddlers are not even that lucky sure you can toss the objects from toddler stuff in a park but you will never see another family bring their toddlers because strollers don't exist and they could not be bothered to update it so toddlers would show up with parents. There needs to be more to do for children be it arcades or carnival lots teens need skate parks and places like movie theaters to go on dates now obviously retail is bad but that's an issue for all.

Also I'd love for more sibling type behavior like picking on younger sibling or telling on other siblings to parents can they be less perfect and boring at least give mean kids something to do.

Im very much on board with all of this and i definitely agree. A lot is missing and a lot needs to be done :)<3
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    So here’s my idea , we need a pack centered around children. All new toys, games & hobbies. Lots of new wardrobe items . And before the pack is released , there is a free update that makes babies more improved .

❗️What gameplay and toys 🧸 would you like to see included ? ❗️

Children in the game has no play activities aside from interacting with objects. The only thing that children can do with other children without the use of technology is Chatting. Seasons have snowball but that was unsatisfactory.
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2020
    Babies - The ability to take them out of their bassinets, to sit and walk with them, to bathe them, to put them on a baby mat, to put them in a stroller, to change their outfits

Toddlers - The ability to take them out in strollers, toy strollers for them to push dolls around in, play houses, spring riders, water and sand play areas, bubble cars

Children - Tree-houses, toy kitchens, easy-bake ovens, lemonade and bake stands, bicycles, costume chests to dress up in, spring riders
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I feel that an EP is desperately needed. Theres next to nothing engaging about younger life stages right now. I need a complete overhaul honestly.

I said my opinion. ;) I certainly wouldn't complain about any improvements for Toddler/Child/Teen. I most certainly would welcome it. B)

I was leery to get the "Parenting" pack since I thought it may be irritating. I was very skeptical. Some previous posts months back I said that. Having it now, I find the 'youngins' more fun to play, actually. A pleasant surprise. And more engaging and diverse than just sending them to the 'rabbit-hole' school every day. I'm not in a hurry to age them up anymore.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Social interactions being almost the same as adult ones makes no sense at all. I don' know why kids and toddlers have a completely different skillset than adults but they have no social interactions as "play cops and robbers", "play house", "have a tantrum", "tell on sibling", "pick on sibling", etc.

As far as objects needed for the jounger ones, I'm missing a couple. I'm not a fan of bathtubs being the only way for toddlers to gain higyene, changing tables should be needed to change diapers and I would love some kind of plastic stool (maybe they could carry it in the inventory) to reach toilets (instead of needing potties), sinks, cabinets, flower arrngement tables.

More inventory toys for kids and teens like hula hoops, jumping ropes, soft balls would be a welcome addition (so would be kid's bikes and toddler tricicles). I also would like more after school activities like football, debate team, science club, school band... It'd also be great if kids could improve skills while on such activities, social for drama club, motor for football practice, mental for science club, creativity for school band.

I'd also love it if they added a drumset and a bass so that teen sims could form a band. They should also bring back the run away from home teen interaction and add some rebbellious interactions with parents, maybe only avaliable during rebellious phases but I'm mildly upset my teens (and children) can't lash out or make y mess unless it’s autonomous.

Babies need just everything: social interactions, playmats, changing tables, strollers, wash basinets, clothes (even if you don't have knifty knitting), rockers...
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    Nushka wrote: »
    Social interactions being almost the same as adult ones makes no sense at all. I don' know why kids and toddlers have a completely different skillset than adults but they have no social interactions as "play cops and robbers", "play house", "have a tantrum", "tell on sibling", "pick on sibling", etc.

As far as objects needed for the jounger ones, I'm missing a couple. I'm not a fan of bathtubs being the only way for toddlers to gain higyene, changing tables should be needed to change diapers and I would love some kind of plastic stool (maybe they could carry it in the inventory) to reach toilets (instead of needing potties), sinks, cabinets, flower arrngement tables.

More inventory toys for kids and teens like hula hoops, jumping ropes, soft balls would be a welcome addition (so would be kid's bikes and toddler tricicles). I also would like more after school activities like football, debate team, science club, school band... It'd also be great if kids could improve skills while on such activities, social for drama club, motor for football practice, mental for science club, creativity for school band.

I'd also love it if they added a drumset and a bass so that teen sims could form a band. They should also bring back the run away from home teen interaction and add some rebbellious interactions with parents, maybe only avaliable during rebellious phases but I'm mildly upset my teens (and children) can't lash out or make y mess unless it’s autonomous.

Babies need just everything: social interactions, playmats, changing tables, strollers, wash basinets, clothes (even if you don't have knifty knitting), rockers...

This is a *very* good post! 😍 lots of good suggestions!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Nushka wrote: »

Toddlers have "throw tantrum" when they're mad. Kids also have "play make believe" They also have mean socials available too.

Is that enough? Arguably not. But they do have socials that are unique to kids, and that's not even going into the skill specific interactions.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would love more depth for all the age groups that aren't young adult/adult. I'm so sick of every other age group being ignored.