Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which basic sim need gives you the most trouble?

13...Next

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Social
    BTW for every one who said social or fun, whoohoo fills both to the top + gives a happy moodlet
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Social
    @Cavapoo_King That's basically the only thing I use woohoo for in my game. For premade couples, that is. For everyone else, it's kind of a problem because most of my sims don't have anyone to woohoo with, not least because they aren't the most social creatures in their everyday lives, which is the whole reason I struggle with that need in the first place. :D

I'm surprised that so many people in this thread agree with me that Social is the worst. When I made this poll, I thought Energy would win (although to be fair, it does come in second at the moment, closely followed by Fun). As for Fun, I don't find it that hard to keep up except with children, who seem perpetually tense during the week when they have to go to school and do homework. Many of my sims play musical instruments, though, which is another easy way to satisfy their fun need that doesn't involve TV or computers and works off the grid as well.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    A combination of these (please specify)
    Depends on the situation

Energy is a pain in the b-hole to keep full with toddlers and the terrible toddler beds giving like 1 energy :/

Fun can be a nightmare for children who depleted it at school, have homework to do, then have to go to bed. Doesn't leave much time for fun activities

I find social difficult because I find it too much effort to leave the lot to go find someone to talk to, although that is down to my own laziness :)
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Bladder
    BTW for every one who said social or fun, whoohoo fills both to the top + gives a happy moodlet

👍🏼 That's why I didn't vote either. Quick Woohoo before bed 😂
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    All of them / None / Other (??)
    None of them trouble me. I enjoy managing my sims needs so usually they won't get to low. Something I do find annoying though is my vampire sims always return home from work with very low hunger despite having plasma packs in their inventories at all times.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    All of them / None / Other (??)
    Actually, my sims are always fine. Somehow I am very good at fullfilling their needs and letting them to work, socialize, grow skills etc. and I don't cheat.

I think the reason why it's always going so well is because I always 100% control them.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Bladder
    bladder and social have been the most troublesome for me. I almost always save up for the steel bladder trait
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    A combination of fun and social.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited August 2020
    Fun
    How is painting not fun?!

Want your Sim's fun to go up? Video games. Personality doesn't matter, the answer is video games. I... I just don't wanna, sometimes.

Social is a close second.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Energy
    Energy, my sims tens to get tired way too fast.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    Energy
    Why, why don't painting and writing raise Fun?
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Social
    I dont want to have to make my sim a loner in order to have their social need be less annoying. So what ill do is use MCC to slow down the decay of their needs instead.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Social
    Needs No One was the first trait I got for my main. If you have a solo Sim, it can be really tricky! (Conversely, in a household I have with four Sims, three of whom are Outgoing, I don't even have to think about it!)

My main is a Geek, so his fun fills in about two seconds on the computer. Not a problem for him, happily!
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    one of the favorite ways that i play is to create my own neighborhood ..my own homes...my created sims. My "main" sim is single ...very social....logically minded...a female...her personality varies. There will always be her future husband living in the neighborhood and currently i am looking at rotation play back and fourth between his and her life. The first thing i want to do is get steel bladder but eventually i want seldom sleepy ..hardly hungry...the last is hygine. it is important that both sims accumulate those "plus's" as they slowly accumulate skills...he generally has one or two very close friends..she generally has two very close friends...later i do a group for them so getting together is a bit easier ...so the needs i find the most irritating is ..in this order....1. bladder 2. sleep 3. hunger 4. hygine ..the others never bother me they always have fun and social ..very interesting to see what others think this was a great subject for discussion.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited August 2020
    Fun
    The fun need sends me bonkers. Other things deplete fun so quickly, things that should be fun aren't, it isn't linked well to traits and they all develop computer dancing or tv addictions when you dare to fill it.
  • WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    Hunger / Thirst
    Hunger. Sims are always freaking hungry, and the toddlers are always on the verge of being taken away.

And on that note, I wish fruits were more filling for toddlers than they are for adults. It makes no sense that an apple would fill a toddler's tiny stomach just as little as it does an adult's much bigger one. This could make it so much easier to keep toddlers fed, which frees more time for the purpose of learning.

@Strudelzz it's nice to see a fellow Akira fan!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Fun
    Fun in the Sims 4 is difficult to fill, especially when you are playing a house without electronics.
    I remember in previos iterations fun would also fill when sims did activities they liked or practiced hobbies but it doesn't seem to work the same in this game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Social
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Depends on the sim but most of the time, it's Social that gets on my nerves.

Second to that is possibly fun... Only because things that should be fun (like painting) aren't fun for sims. Unless they changed that :grey_question:

They haven't changed that (yet), but if you have the Fitness Stuff pack, you can get the earbuds for your Sim, and if they listen to music while painting the fun level goes up. B) My teen Sim got a free pair, and I have her going for the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration (it's one that actually can be finished during the teen years, at least if you're on Long lifespan and work at it hard enough) so she does a lot of painting.
    That's true and very helpful . I haven't played a serious painter in a long time. Most likely before that pack.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Energy
    My Sims spends little time at home and are always around and about, so energy is my greatest concern since it takes so long to fill up and my Sims are often very tired when returning from work or school
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Bladder
    You know how I mentioned it was bladder for me? Well, I just earned the "No Excuse" Award. This is for when a Sim has an accident when there are five or more toilets on the lot. Yeah. I think Brianna is nervous about starting high school, if you ask me … :*
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Energy
    Social is actually the one I have the least problems with because my gameplay centers around storytelling and my sims are almost always talking to friends or family.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Energy
    Since the begining of time... energy was the most trouble for me. I ended up getting "neverweary" because of that. I may now get 'seldomsleepy' instead though with all the bed improvements.
    Until I got the mod that speeds up eating/drinking, that was a pet peeve of mine also. I would get "hardlyhungry" though I don't do that much any more since eating one meal doesn't take like an entire plum day anymore, heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Bladder
    Bladder and Energy.... but they are classic Sims Needs, and I can't let go of them. ♥
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities