Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do 41% of players kill their Sims on purpose? Yougov seem to think so!

2...Next

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    ...so...how many people will be able to kill off their simmies if they look like this?
    7b335ea26234526b604c.jpeg
    ...grins evilly... slowly raises hand.

There's always something to be said for a good solid meteor strike or a det pack. :innocent:

I don't think i'd be able to play sims if they looked like that. That's way to realistic and i'd feel too weird controlling them, let alone killing them.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2020
    Well...my avatar is River McIrish...the way "I" play her (run through ArtBreeder to turn her into a realistic portrait of what she would look like if she were a living breathing human being). :D So...I wouldn't be adverse to putting a little more realistic graphics into Sims 5.
    d867acdf0608fff4c8d4.jpeg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Incidentally I have never deliberately harmed a sim. I have lost two to accidents in 18 years of playing. Then again I did not start simming until my forties so perhaps I was already over my murderous instincts.

Then there's me... :mrgreen: I don't think age explains it. :D 5-0. Started simming at 47.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes I kill sims on purpose in sims 4 because honestly if you have aging off (which i do because i don't want them to age up before ive done all i want in lifestage) they never accidentally die

it is impossible to accidentally kill your sim in ts4 that has happened total of zero times to me

and sometimes sims just need to pass away you know if only for the sake of story or moving on
    or carefully planned murder mystery

with ts1 it was quite easy to die accidentally at some point due to dragons burning house down or something so i never needed to "seek death" for my sims

ts2 still some accidents happened cause your sims would refuse to be rescued so i also didnt murder many sims in that maybe couple to test things out like "wooo we can do that :O "

ts3 i think is where i started killing sims off can't remember having many accidents i was just too bored to play them cause playing ts3 is just eh like that and i liked playing ghosts
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I play with aging off so pretty much 100% of my sims will die purposefully one way or another lol. Either by death by too much woohoo or death by Flowers.
    My immortal Death sim has level 10 skill in flower arranging and specializes raising the death flower... and adding its scent to bouquets oZ8l6xZ.png
    If he gifts it to an elder, they die immediately
    Population control y0VX6Bp.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ...so...how many people will be able to kill off their simmies if they look like this?
    7b335ea26234526b604c.jpeg
    ...grins evilly... slowly raises hand.

There's always something to be said for a good solid meteor strike or a det pack. :innocent:

I don't think i'd be able to play sims if they looked like that. That's way to realistic and i'd feel too weird controlling them, let alone killing them.

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Cabbie_BaritoneCabbie_Baritone Posts: 36 Member
    I started in the TS1 days, in 2000. I killed many sims on purpose back then. I had a lot with probably 200 - 300 Tombstones on it. I had downloaded a fan-made teleporter online (from SimSlice, I think, but there were two other sites I may have downloaded it from) and I could simply teleport any Sim from anywhere in the neighborhood to the lot, then kill them. I'd create many 8 sim families for this. It went badly for the two sims living on the lot; once I had somewhere over 100 tombstones on the lot, the Ghosts never stopped spawning. Day, Night, week after week, they'd spawn constantly.

I have since stopped such evil ways, since my sim death fascination ended up effecting my dreams badly. I ended up dreaming of Sims dying in a Haunted Pyramid House at least once, but I think I had that dream at least 2 or 3 times.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    When I first got TS1, I think I tried killing a Sim just because people said you could. No deaths since then have occurred. I even play with aging off and quickly revert to an earlier save if something goes amiss.

I would love hyper-realistic faces on Sims. I think it would be really cool. I always play with realistic cc eyes.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Sniff. I play in rotation and when I went back to the play the Barlows I found two urns inside the front door leaving Angie a single mum looking after two kids and 3 dogs. It's Maxis who kills off my Sims, not me. :'(:'(:'(
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I'm over here wondering what on Earth is wrong with 59% of players.
  • StrudelzzStrudelzz Posts: 23 Member
    I'm such a boring player, I've never killed sims on purpose. Then again, i barely play enough for them to die of old age so there's that.
    SyGRAhJ.gif
    Good for health, bad for education.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited August 2020
    I like making cemeteries as livable lots so it would be very hard to do that without intentionally killing sims on that lot. I will say I'm not sure if lighting fireworks indoors counts as starting fires or other for kinds of deaths. B)
    I started in the TS1 days, in 2000. I killed many sims on purpose back then. I had a lot with probably 200 - 300 Tombstones on it. I had downloaded a fan-made teleporter online (from SimSlice, I think, but there were two other sites I may have downloaded it from) and I could simply teleport any Sim from anywhere in the neighborhood to the lot, then kill them. I'd create many 8 sim families for this. It went badly for the two sims living on the lot; once I had somewhere over 100 tombstones on the lot, the Ghosts never stopped spawning. Day, Night, week after week, they'd spawn constantly.

That lot sounds amazing. >:)
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    First challenge I ever did was the widow challenge. I like sims deaths. 😶