Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sim a favor DON'T have the baby in the hospital

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have 3 Sims die right after giving birth because they wet themselves. Motives were not an issue at the time that they died. (I usually cheat motives because my Sims can't cook half the time)

Some Sims have a puddle and an embarrassed mood after giving birth and it does matter if they are at the hospital or at home. For me ..... It happened once at home even before GTW came out. It happened once at home recently since the latest update. This last time it happened at the hospital. Emotional deaths are a pain!

I was using mods the first time it happened but no mods with the last two deaths.
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    missmani09 wrote: »
    I had only one sim die from embarrassment because he pee'd his pants. But I was trying to kill him from hunger. But. Whatever.
    I wish they would take the embarrassment death out. -_-

I wish they'd take all the emotional deaths out. It's not funny.

Yeah, I think dying from just peeing your pants in public is a bit too much. Haha.

Some sims can't handle the party :wink:

Just calm them down before they die.
    TszwvJw.png
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited April 2015
    double post grrrr, sorry guys.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I have had all my births at the hospital since I got GTW and have yet to have a sim die at the hospital.

Someimes I have the pregnant sim check in at the desk, other times they have just waddled down the hall and went down to the birthing table ...

What did the sim die from?
    Embarrassment.

What caused the embarrassment - it doesn't happen for no reason

She didn't say it happens for no reason, she was just answering your question. Sorry this is happening to you OP. I would be so upset if that happened to me.
    catmondo830
    It shows what caused it, you paid no attention when the yellow icon appeared? I have my doubts . . .

Lol dude, chill , she said she is new to the game.....this isn't some conspiracy to fool some random forum member.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Can't really blame the game if it was lack of attention to your sims needs, now can you? ;)

My sims have given birth at the hospital and I've had no deaths.
    If a sim dies because she only wetted her pants yeah, you can blame the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • kawaiinicolekawaiinicole Posts: 73 Member
    It's odd. Most times you have to register at the front desk, but I had one mom who went straight in to have her baby. Maybe she got VIP service :smile:
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Thing is I clicked "Check in at front desk" and they still ignored the sim.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • ScreensimmerScreensimmer Posts: 10 New Member
    Oh god... I just went to the hospital with my sim to have triplets! When we got there she just showed up in a gown and wobbled to the birthroom. Should she be checking in? :s
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited April 2015
    I see that they cut down on the health care in TS4 as well then :disappointed:

So the combined Willow Creek & Oasis Springs not only have no fire service and police force, with the exception of 'detectives' it seems that now, even the local health care is poor!

No wonder why my Sims refused to live there
    Post edited by king_of_simcity7 on
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    I thought pregnant Sims couldn't die. Did she have the baby and then die?
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2015
    AiHaou wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I have had all my births at the hospital since I got GTW and have yet to have a sim die at the hospital.

Someimes I have the pregnant sim check in at the desk, other times they have just waddled down the hall and went down to the birthing table ...

What did the sim die from?
    Embarrassment.

I had this happen to one of my sims giving birth at home. If their needs aren't met and they pee on themselves twice (which can happen easily when they're pregnant) there's a chance for this. Luckily, one of the relatives was around to ask Grimmy to save him (yes, it was a guy giving birth) and he lived. So it's not the hospital's fault or giving birth at home.

In my situation, the fault was mine for not getting his needs met and making him happy. I was too distracted with the birth.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I thought pregnant Sims couldn't die. Did she have the baby and then die?
    Nope she died whilst pregnant.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Wait, why would they die?
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    Well thats one glitch I have managed to avoid so far. Never had any problem with the sims giving birth in the hospital. I have both checked in and not.
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited April 2015
    So, basically, she didn't die because of the hospital care. She died because she peed herself and that, combined with another Embarrassed moodlet, can easily turn into the Mortified emotion, which can result in Sims dying of Embarrassment. Case solved. :)

P.S. I say "can" because I've had three Sims in all of my gameplay time become Mortified and none of them died.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Can't really blame the game if it was lack of attention to your sims needs, now can you? ;)

Pretty sure the "wet your pants" moodlet alone isn't enough to cause your sim to die? Could be wrong though, the emotions suck so bad in this game my sims are basically eternally happy.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Oh...please no. Don't give the devs ideas. It's hard enough to find unexpected things in this game. I haven't had one emotinal death yet.....I'm still trying.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Oh god... I just went to the hospital with my sim to have triplets! When we got there she just showed up in a gown and wobbled to the birthroom. Should she be checking in? :s

I've only had one check in at the front desk, that has nothing to do with a death.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I had only one sim die from embarrassment because he pee'd his pants. But I was trying to kill him from hunger. But. Whatever.

I agree. They're so stupid. This whole emotion gimmick for this game is a ripoff. They react to dumb stuff and die, yet are sociopaths to the death of family members.
  • kipper123kipper123 Posts: 595 Member
    wow this is news to me!! Really EA?? The sim peed her pants while giving birth and died of embarrassment?? Somehow I don't think finding a toilet was top priority while she was in LABOUR ... :D Sims never fail to amaze me...
    Always remember you are braver than you think, stronger than you seem and smarter than you believe ~ Christopher Robin
  • TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    I always save my game before I go to the hospital, just in case sometimes happens....
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I've never had a sim die from that. You should of had her hubby beg grimy for her life.

Grimmy doesn't accept begging anymore now unless you can give him a death flower. True story.

Not in my game. Grimmy kept my sim alive after begging and I didn't even realize the death flower was available in this game.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Pretty sure the "wet your pants" moodlet alone isn't enough to cause your sim to die? Could be wrong though, the emotions suck so bad in this game my sims are basically eternally happy.
    I'm kind of curious too (I don't play the game currently and I didn't buy GTW). But as I understand it now there's more needed than just one pee. I'm not a fan of emotional death in general I must add.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    sims can die of laughter when they are pregnant i think!
    username on sims 4 game is firethesky i never posted this in a spoiler before its kinda like i got anonymous on the forums lol
  • rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    and i'm pretty sure that if you want a ghost to have kids with grim, you have to download one from the gallery and pretend that its her birth child.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top