Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which basic sim need gives you the most trouble?

ยซ13
For me it's definitely Social. I want my sims to focus on their skills, careers and aspirations, and that one always gets in the way. I never play with outgoing sims for this reason.

Which basic sim need gives you the most trouble? 144 votes

Bladder
7%
GalacticGalsketcheselemmeleAlwe1507TrashDeBluncfoxybillyHayleeSimsTTNsimmerOrangebarkClousinatorscherrysim_ 11 votes
Fun
18%
Greenb70alexspoom13CamkatMariefoxprice83SavorySagephantasmkissChampandGirlieRipleyrawrhalloweenchildStrudelzzCAPTAIN_NXR7Sims4MagicalTalesNationalPokedexsunblondmusteniKirbycatChazzzySimsSlaybirdonawirelogion 27 votes
Hunger / Thirst
3%
Colorist40Wintermutestephanie132392ThenyoukissmeSERVERFRA 5 votes
Social
35%
Kita5399OolonglongJueJueoveronmcruddSnuffyBucketAnmirlasimgirl1010ANNETTE1951SirenLuminosBearly_MediaVersusVeritasSimplyJenAquariusMomtaydevJACKIEJOYPlumbobCrossingBabykittyjadekristenleighwhiteBatmanFanGirl 51 votes
Energy
19%
Angel98366Alexainekotlcalanmichael1emereAmber0922texxx78Karababy52PsychoSimXXbeautimousEnkiSchmidtsimmerLellaSimtown15calaprfyMareahj1z1JediMuppetAtreya33KoteykaPeral 28 votes
Hygiene / Hydration
0%
dawnmayer 1 vote
A combination of these (please specify)
5%
wickichickstilljustme2Flexono1xMarianxsilentcyborgVanPelt81SimmingalNate_Whiplash1 8 votes
All of them / None / Other (??)
9%
elanorbretonWyrrenAnnLee87MDianaSimsZimz4HopeyStarrEvie0602smurfy77GenerationSimmerSimAlexandriaSharoniaEliasVersaceCalico45 13 votes

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Energy
    I'd say energy. I always want my sims to do more but then they get tired and have to nap or sleep.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Energy
    The energy need fills up too fast but if they get a bit tired, they want to take a nap.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think my biggest foe in ts1 and 2 was always social need because i am very much loner and it makes no sense to me for sims to even have "need" for social

but with ts4 fun is even more irritating
    because they don't get fun from like anything i consider fun :disappointed:

though knitting is helping some now
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2020
    Fun
    Social is not a problem for me because I give all my Sims the Needs No One trait, that way their Social bar is always full.

If I had to choose one I struggle with, it would be Fun. Lately I have been adding the gaming rig to all lots because it is a quick way to boost the Fun bar. I had to disable autonomy for the item of course, but it works beautifully.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    Social
    I don't have too much of a problem here because I use mcc mod to make their need decay at a slow rate as well as slow time. But because I always play with autonomy off and have them doing things i always forget to make them socialize especially toddlers. When I look they are in the red and I have to gather them for a conversation lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Social
    I dont like socializing in the game just to fulfill the social needs. I think it should decays slower to like 7 days from 100 to 0
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Energy
    My messy drinker Vampire makes a huge chore of managing Thirst. Otherwise, Energy is worst because it takes so long to fill it to the max, and then you have to deal with whatever needs decayed while your sim was sleeping, or send them sprinting to a toilet if they binge-drank coffee.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Thirst on vampires. It gets annoying and time consuming to hunt down plasma and ordering plasma packs will not be the best replacement until I can type a number instead of clicking 99 times.

If I am playing off the grid, too, I have to go to a public lot to find victims or internet to order packs. Plus any weaknesses that make it harder to fill the need or keep it green make it that much harder.
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Fun
    For me fun is the hardest.So few activities at home seem to cover fun.I really hate that t.v. and computer seem to be the 2 go to activities.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Social
    I'm not particularly social by nature, so I'm always forgetting to have them socialize. Especially if there's some other task/aspiration I want to focus on.

Fun is the second most, but that's because there are a lot of things that should be fun, at least for sims with certain traits, that it turns out were not programmed to be fun. I have mods to fix some of this, but not all of it.

Energy is only a problem when they get off their schedules - which, admittedly, is often.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Energy
    Energy goes down too fast.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Social
    I play a lot of single sims so it's easy to meet all the other needs. It's not a big deal but sometimes they are about to go to work and their social is dipping yellow or orange... and I have to try to send them to do something for awhile to get that need up.
    egTcBMc.png
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    hunger (because they take 5 years to eat) and social (even lone wolf sims aren't safe from this incessant need :# )
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Energy
    I didnt even notice social was a need because i never had to take care of it, i assume they fill it by themselves which is great to me because i cant be bothered with needs sometimes. Also, their fun is rarely in the red which is great too! I think energy causes me annoynce the most because it takes longer than the others but i cheated all needs so many times before when i did not want my sims to stop what i wanted them to do.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I voted for a combination--my Sims always have to pee, and they're always tired. Social or fun is never a problem--my Sims do a lot of travelling, as I try to get them out of the house at least once a day
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    None, except on rare occasions :)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Social
    Social for me too. It used to be fun though, until I discovered that my Sims could wear earphones while doing anything and raise that level.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2020
    Social
    I hate to socialize IRL and in game even more. Sims are so needy with this one I HATE it. I always buy the never needs anyone trait.

It would be much better and easier if group activities actually raised their social need. Like playing don't wake the llama etc. So many group activities don't raise it up. Even watching movies together or such should raise this need up.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited August 2020
    It really depends on the type of household, the type of sim and the type of furniture (for fun/energy and sometimes even hygiene). Most of my single sims without pets struggle with the social need. The poor sims have problems with the fun and energy needs, the collectors have issues with hygiene. As for large households or really rich households, the bladder need can be a challenge because of a lack of toilets (nearby).
    I do sometimes use reward traits that affect need decay, but never the ones that remove the decay completely (except steel bladder sometimes). Which trait depends on the sim and my plans for them.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    None cuz I cheat needs to stay full lol
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Fun
    Fun, because that is often dependent on gaming and electronics. Sometimes I'm fine with that but sometimes I want them to have fun in other ways. I would like fun to be more complex, more trait dependent and even then more variable.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Fun
    Unless you are using a computer or watching tv... or woohoo...fun just takes a long time to refill and sometimes it feels like it is decaying so fast, like when my sims are at work or at school.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Social
    The social one, for sure. It takes too long to fill up.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    logion wrote: ยป
    Unless you are using a computer or watching tv... or woohoo...fun just takes a long time to refill and sometimes it feels like it is decaying so fast, like when my sims are at work or at school.

It you have fitness stuff, you can use the earbuds they give you. Fun stays up while you are at work/doing homework/cooking/anything if you listen to ear buds while doing it
  • StrudelzzStrudelzz Posts: 23 Member
    Fun
    Fun is so tricky and monotonous to fill up, I wish their traits would have more impact on this one, so we don't depend on computers.
    SyGRAhJ.gif
    Good for health, bad for education.