Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Ready for Sims 5

Comments

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    No not really, not after what I've seen them do to sims 4. So my expectations for sims 5 is low or nonexistent at this point. Unless they fix and add a lot new things to the game, then I don't think a new sims series is going to fix anything. We'll just be back at square one with more problems and even lesser but higher priced content. And I actually want them to take time on the game, I really don't care if takes 5, 10, etc years, if that's what makes the game the best it can be than so be it. We also can't ask for a better game but then expect it to be finished within 6 months to 2 years. No, some of the best games we have now took 10 years to complete and perfect and that's why their considered the best. So the problem is, EA rushes the game and then we Rush EA to rush the game even more and it just doesn't benefit anyone.

They've had SIX years to work on The Sims 5. They should at least announce it later this year and start talking about the features they're implementing like the Paralives devs do, which keeps their customers excited and talking about the game. And Maxis should run on a disciplined schedule like they used to just like with the previous iterations. I really miss that!

I don't agree that it should take it's sweet time being developed. That won't necessarily mean a better product. With the previous iterations before TS4, they've had to create each game engine from scratch within a limited time and somehow, SOMEHOW managed to create amazing iterations with incredible depth and detail.

Also take a look at Paralives, whose development has been very disciplined. A lot of the building and environmental features have already been implemented in a relatively short amount of time. And gridless to boot! The Sims' grid-based building features have remained pretty much the same with very little innovation for 20 years, saying that all the things that Paralives has just done is too difficult and expensive! And yet the Paralives devs did them! In a timely manner too!

I dont disagree that they had plenty of time to get sims 5 together and in order, but we have to remember this ea we're talking about here. Look at ff15, the game took 10 years and it was well received game, so I do think delays and taking time on a game really helps some games depending on the development team/publisher.
    giphy.gif

• MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I know people keep saying "what makes you think TS5 any different." I just have small hope that it'll be better...for one thing this game won't be a online game scrapped at the last minute ((though with the talks of it being online idk..but still))

Lol, there's the operative word when it comes to Sims 5 and Sims 4 packs, hope. Even after all this time and some hits and mostly, misses. We still hope for this franchise to live up to it's marketed promises and potential!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Mabey they are waiting for ps5 and xbox series x to release because the last few packs released for consoles and pc at the same time plus sims 2 console was on ps2 and sims 3 console was on ps3 and sims 4 console was on ps4 and a dont really know alot about xbox though so it would make sense if they waited
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited August 2020
    I loved sims 2. I hated sims 3 and didnt gave any chance. I bought the base game.. That game felt so so horrible that I didn't bought a single EP/SP and didn't play for many years. I gave sims 4 a chance, which i deeply regret..All this years and they do not listen.. They only release toodlers because simmers pressure. And the motto "If we dont succeed theres no sims 5" Please... Dont come with that motto again! If the base game for sims 5 lacks stuff like sims 4 did I will not buy it and I'll close sims game forever. There's no margin for error
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I loved sims 2. I hated sims 3 and didnt gave any chance. I bought the base game.. That game felt so so horrible that I didn't bought a single EP/SP and didn't play for many years. I gave sims 4 a chance, which i deeply regret..All this years and they do not listen.. They only release toodlers because simmers pressure. And the motto "If we dont succeed theres no sims 5" Please... Dont come with that motto again! If the base game for sims 5 lacks stuff like sims 4 did I will not buy it and I'll close sims game forever. There's no margin for error

@pandie00 Oh my god is that Will Wright quote in your signature real? It couldn't be more relevant haha
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    No not really, not after what I've seen them do to sims 4. So my expectations for sims 5 is low or nonexistent at this point. Unless they fix and add a lot new things to the game, then I don't think a new sims series is going to fix anything. We'll just be back at square one with more problems and even lesser but higher priced content. And I actually want them to take time on the game, I really don't care if takes 5, 10, etc years, if that's what makes the game the best it can be than so be it. We also can't ask for a better game but then expect it to be finished within 6 months to 2 years. No, some of the best games we have now took 10 years to complete and perfect and that's why their considered the best. So the problem is, EA rushes the game and then we Rush EA to rush the game even more and it just doesn't benefit anyone.

They've had SIX years to work on The Sims 5. They should at least announce it later this year and start talking about the features they're implementing like the Paralives devs do, which keeps their customers excited and talking about the game. And Maxis should run on a disciplined schedule like they used to just like with the previous iterations. I really miss that!

I don't agree that it should take it's sweet time being developed. That won't necessarily mean a better product. With the previous iterations before TS4, they've had to create each game engine from scratch within a limited time and somehow, SOMEHOW managed to create amazing iterations with incredible depth and detail.

Also take a look at Paralives, whose development has been very disciplined. A lot of the building and environmental features have already been implemented in a relatively short amount of time. And gridless to boot! The Sims' grid-based building features have remained pretty much the same with very little innovation for 20 years, saying that all the things that Paralives has just done is too difficult and expensive! And yet the Paralives devs did them! In a timely manner too!

They definitely didn't start working on TS5 in the early years of TS4. They've at the most been developing it for 2 years. And let's give EA as much time as they need cause we all know they need a lot lol.

ETA: also no offence, I hope Paralives will be amazing, but they've been working on it since 2018 and so far we haven't seen any gameplay. I'm pretty sure that EA also has some working environments for TS5 or is at least deep into creating everything. But a sims game isn't about environments and furniture only, it's about the whole simulation aspect.

Besides, we can't really compare the development process of an indie title like Paralives to that of TS5, in part because of the obvious differences in company size and budget, but also because we know absolutely nothing about the latter. Nothing concrete anyway. And they don't need to share anything before they're done either. The only reason games like Paralives have to is because no one would back them if they didn't. And without financial backing it's pretty hard to develop a game, let alone hire people to work for you.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

They definitely didn't start working on TS5 in the early years of TS4. They've at the most been developing it for 2 years. And let's give EA as much time as they need cause we all know they need a lot lol.

ETA: also no offence, I hope Paralives will be amazing, but they've been working on it since 2018 and so far we haven't seen any gameplay. I'm pretty sure that EA also has working environments +- for TS5 or is at least deep into creating everything. But a sims game isn't about environments and furniture only, it's about the whole simulation aspect.

Besides, we can't really compare the development process of an indie title Paralives to that of TS5, in part because of the obvious differences in company size and budget, but also because we know absolutely nothing about the latter. Nothing concrete anyway. And they don't need to share anything before they're done either. The only reason games like Paralives have to is because no one would back them if they didn't. And without financial backing it's pretty hard to develop a game, let alone hire people to work for you.

@SimTrippy Well I don't think we can safely say when they started developing the Sims 5 'cause they don't really say. Like back when the Sims 2 came out in 2004, they started developing the Sims 3 in 2005 so one year after the release of TS2. Of course nobody knew that at the time.
    They usually do that with development and maybe they did wait a little bit more after The Sims 4 came out to develop the next game because of its bad reception but I think once they sold enough copies they started pre-production of The Sims 5 like they would normally do.

I mean still nobody knows, but we shouldn't forget that during development of the previous games, there were also no big clues yet behind the scenes there was work being done long before players even started speculation.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    SimTrippy wrote: »

ETA: also no offence, I hope Paralives will be amazing, but they've been working on it since 2018 and so far we haven't seen any gameplay. I'm pretty sure that EA also has working environments +- for TS5 or is at least deep into creating everything. But a sims game isn't about environments and furniture only, it's about the whole simulation aspect.

Besides, we can't really compare the development process of an indie title Paralives to that of TS5, in part because of the obvious differences in company size and budget, but also because we know absolutely nothing about the latter. Nothing concrete anyway. And they don't need to share anything before they're done either. The only reason games like Paralives have to is because no one would back them if they didn't. And without financial backing it's pretty hard to develop a game, let alone hire people to work for you.

@SimTrippy Well I don't think we can safely say when they started developing the Sims 5 'cause they don't really say. Like back when the Sims 2 came out in 2004, they started developing the Sims 3 in 2005 so one year after the release of TS2. Of course nobody knew that at the time.
    They usually do that with development and maybe they did wait a little bit more after The Sims 4 came out to develop the next game because of its bad reception but I think once they sold enough copies they started pre-production of The Sims 5 like they would normally do.

I mean still nobody knows, but we shouldn't forget that during development of the previous games, there were also no big clues yet behind the scenes there was work being done long before players even started speculation.

I know but with all the s*** they had to fix and customers they needed to reel back in for the first few years, I sincerely doubt they were already developing a new game. In large part because I don't think investors would've greenlit it at that stage of customer sentiment. But idk of course, it just really doesn't seem very likely to me that they've been working on TS5 for 6 years. But we know for a fact that 2ish years ago, some devs were moved to a different project (unless I'm mixing up the timeline here, which is possible, I'm bad with time) so I'd take that as +- the start date for developing TS5. And 2 years isn't much. Even 3 isn't much, considering they'll have to rebuild everything on a better engine (I mean, again, I'm just assuming here but I doubt even EA would be plum enough to reuse the same one lol).
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    With reference to Sims 5 a couple of quotes......

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. Dalai Lama

More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones. - Mother Teresa....

ie: Whatever we get someone is going to be disappointed! B)
    Simburian wrote: »
    With reference to Sims 5 a couple of quotes......

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. Dalai Lama

More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones. - Mother Teresa....

ie: Whatever we get someone is going to be disappointed! B)

😂 True that.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    It would have been cool if they were doing new packs but since they’re just going to ignore what people have been asking for to get them sweet Star Wars tie ins, I don’t think we really need to ride this rodeo again of catching up and waiting for the game to get good again.

Play the version of the sims you enjoy the most and mod the heck out of it.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    @SimmerGeorge ahah Today's internet is full of fake things... I saw it on a quotes page.. if has been verified or not I dont know :p This article mention it (Regarding Spore) "According to Wright, a specially designed physics engine and behaviour models will let you create a creature that's just as complex and detailed as a character you might see in a Pixar film.
    What's more, you'll be able to share your creature with other players, and visit new worlds inhabited by beings created by fellow Spore fans. "Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas," Wright said."
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Nah, I'm only going to upgrade to Paralives.
  • KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    I loved sims 2 and 3..because of the sims themselves..they where unpredictable and funny, and sometimes it was sad too, and I desided not to reload because of a family member died when tried to fix the dishwasher. there where many late night playing . I still have sims 3 installed, And I have other games to play, so the addiction for the sims game has loosen it's grip on me after trying Sims 4. ;-) I have already bought and played many of the expantions and game packs for sims 4 in hope that it was getting better, but I have given it up now, have not bought the last few. I am getting bored after 10 min playing, the sims seems all alike to me. .. .So..sims 5..? Well...I will probably buy the first one,just to see how it is;-) And then.... :#
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    The biggest problems with Sims 4 base game release are these: 1) It was rushed because initially they wasted time and resources on online features. 2) People were not made available to work on Sims 4 until Sims 3 development and improvements had ended. Really, they need two teams for continuation of the series, one continuing development on the old series, one starting work on the new series. The ones continuing development near the end of older game series life cycle should be mostly newer people. Then bring people from the older game team in speed things up, and start developing DLC. 3) Some developers for Sims 4 had more experience on mobile games than on desktop or laptop games. As a result, the graphics looked like mobile game graphics, and too much stock was put into later patch updates. Patch updates on mobile can alter the base game far more than patches for PC or Mac games or console games. 4) Not enough budget investment was put into the game. Maybe they thought they could force players to changing their attitude on micro transactions. Also, since more money seems to be gained by EA from DLC than base game, there was no financial incentive to pack the base game with content. Not to mention the perception that online games and other EA games would bring in more money, depriorizing the Sims.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2020
    The biggest problems with Sims 4 base game release are these: 1) It was rushed because initially they wasted time and resources on online features. 2) People were not made available to work on Sims 4 until Sims 3 development and improvements had ended. Really, they need two teams for continuation of the series, one continuing development on the old series, one starting work on the new series. The ones continuing development near the end of older game series life cycle should be mostly newer people. Then bring people from the older game team in speed things up, and start developing DLC. 3) Some developers for Sims 4 had more experience on mobile games than on desktop or laptop games. As a result, the graphics looked like mobile game graphics, and too much stock was put into later patch updates. Patch updates on mobile can alter the base game far more than patches for PC or Mac games or console games. 4) Not enough budget investment was put into the game. Maybe they thought they could force players to changing their attitude on micro transactions. Also, since more money seems to be gained by EA from DLC than base game, there was no financial incentive to pack the base game with content. Not to mention the perception that online games and other EA games would bring in more money, depriorizing the Sims.

Comparing these issues to Paralives development: 1) No online feature is expected. 2) There is no previous version of Paralives. 3) Paralives is being designed by people with experience on the medium from its early stages. 4) Paralives is the primary expected source of income to its developers, so gets top priority. Also, 5) The developers are willing to take the time to get it right instead of being pressured to release prematurely by a parent company or umbrella publisher, the game is self published.

So as long as they don’t sell out to a bigger company or get forced out of business by frivolous lawsuits (Which, by the way if lawsuits are by a big game company will be Terrible publicity for that company) the prospects look good for Paralives.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

Comparing these issues to Paralives development: 1) No online feature is expected. 2) There is no previous version of Paralives. 3) Paralives is being designed by people with experience on the medium from its early stages. 4) Paralives is the primary expected source of income to its developers, so gets top priority. Also, 5) The developers are willing to take the time to get it right instead of being pressured to release prematurely by a parent company or umbrella publisher, the game is self published.

So as long as they don’t sell out to a bigger company or get forced out of business by frivolous lawsuits (Which, by the way if lawsuits are by a big game company will be Terrible publicity for that company) the prospects look good for Paralives.

I hope, for their sakes Paralives have a colour wheel for facial skin tones. Otherwise they won't hear the last of it!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I believe sims 4 had issues from the foundation. It is time to move on to sims 5. It should be more like sims 2 and 3.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I'm not. I've only just come back to TS4 after like 4 years and I love the Sims and the gameplay. :blush:
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »
    I'm not. I've only just come back to TS4 after like 4 years and I love the Sims and the gameplay. :blush:

FYI no one is telling you to stop playing though, we are just ready to move on, you can keep playing.
    I have been re-playing TS2 for the past two days so <3.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2020
    Me too. Unless it's an MMORPG, in that case, I'll pass.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    The emptiness of the Sims 4 is overwhelming me. I'm ready for a more indepth Sims playing experience. I want lots of choices and challenges. It's time for The Sims game to evolve into a deeper, more meaningful experience. Just my 2 cents.

Me too! I just can't play 4 for more than a little while. I'm back to ts2 most of the time when I want to play sims.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    The emptiness of the Sims 4 is overwhelming me. I'm ready for a more indepth Sims playing experience. I want lots of choices and challenges. It's time for The Sims game to evolve into a deeper, more meaningful experience. Just my 2 cents.

Me too! I just can't play 4 for more than a little while. I'm back to ts2 most of the time when I want to play sims.

been playing 2 non-stop for 2 days...and I had a blast! IT is amazing <3 TS4 I feel like is a chore to play.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Bring it!

I am beyond tired of them milking the disappointment that is The Sims 4. Move on already!

I've been ready for Sims 5 since the day I tried out Sims 4 for the first time! The fact that it wasn't open world was a HUGE disappointment after that is what got me super excited to buy The Sims 3. Why they went backwards with the franchise, I'll never fully know. I think it was either because they wanted to make the game easy to play on any computer or felt the need to go back to their successful roots (Sims 2) since Sims 3 was a giant bug-fest. (Thanks to NRaas, it sure isn't now...and plays better than ever. Just saying...)

I echo many of the comments shared here (am even excited for Paralives and hope that kind of competition will be enough to get EA to wake up and bring forth something much better with Sims 5) and carry that sliver of hope that it will be better than all the franchises before, but...with their track record during Sims 4's run of not listening to the fans, being lazy, rolling out unfinished and disappointing content, not fixing major bugs, and then throwing in political statements through some of their content...I'm starting to lose faith that a Sims 5 will be any better. Which really breaks my heart because I love this franchise! More than words can express.

What I expect from Sims 5 is amazing and realistic graphics and sims, numberless customization options, open world - that stretches for "miles," with hundreds of townies walking about with various personalities, and being able to visit other sims in their homes and have a great time without being called rude for opening their fridge to grab a snack. No loading screens whatsoever, just all open and full of adventure. (Okay, I can understand a loading screen to visit a vacation destination). I mean, we see it with GTA and Animal Crossing...it's all open and interactive. They can DO that with Sims 5!!! So why don't they? Or WILL they? It's just very hard to know. :(

One thing's for sure...if they make Sims 5 all online to where you have to be online in order to play, and throw in microtransactions and loot boxes, I won't buy it and will be done with the franchise forever! RIP at that point EA because you'll have officially killed your best selling game and there'll be no turning back...

I'll happily be playing Sims 3 (and occasionally 2) for the rest of my life.

And there's my 2 cents.

*Still holding out hope.* :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member
    I don't think I've ever been satisfied by any of the Sims. Too much mundane management and faux emoting for the simulation to be enjoyable. However I did spent a *lot* of time building or renovating or decorating. That is the one aspect of the franchise that shines. Pity all those gorgeous (IMO) houses I built never had anyone worthy to live in.

As for Paralives... I can't stand cartoons/manga/anime so no - just no.