Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excuse Me? Black Latte; Black Cappuccino? I Don't Think So

I've just done a quick search on the Internet. Unless the devs intended for the Black latte to be the Italian beverage, then the picture is entirely WRONG. Cappuccino also had steamed or scalded milk in it, so the picture of a black coffee is also WRONG. Was this a short-cut taken to save money? Or just an oversight?

Why does it bother me? I am a COFFEE drinker. I prefer Cappuccino over Latte because it has MORE milk. I simply don't do black coffee. EVER. It's nasty-tasting. I would very much like to try Bee Tea, however. :)

Forgive my rant. I feel better, now, having gotten that off my chest.

Thank you and Happy Simming, All
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I love espresso. Cappuccino is Ok, but not enough coffee flavour in it.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I am a coffee drinker too and have always noticed this. Pretty sure it was to save money.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Have you ever tasted Turkish coffee? Now, that one will knock you on your behind! As for me, I'm stuck on half-caff. At least my Neurologist didn't take me off of caffeine altogether. I count my blessings. We have found that decaffeinated French Vanilla goes well with just about any other flavor of gourmet coffees out there so I'm happily.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

Have you ever tasted Turkish coffee? Now, that one will knock you on your behind! As for me, I'm stuck on half-caff. At least my Neurologist didn't take me off of caffeine altogether. I count my blessings. We have found that decaffeinated French Vanilla goes well with just about any other flavor of gourmet coffees out there so I'm happily.

I don't have a coffee maker so I usually make Turkish coffee. It also smells so nice! :smile:
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Cafe culture is a part of Aussie culture.
    A cappuccino usually has chocolate powder sprinkled on it, meaning it might look darker before you take a sip.

21b5e2c5b34170c265c3a45124a02272.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    When I worked at a coffee shop in college, a double espresso was called a "red eye". Water and Espresso were called an Americano. We never foamed our lattes. If someone wanted a foamed latte, that was called a cappuccino, no chocolate. Chocolate was only used in a mocha.

This makes me miss college.

Funny enough, I hate coffee. Never had a cup of coffee in my life despite working at the coffee shop. Sure do love the way it smells though.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The espresso machine is an item in the list of items that I never use. I still don't like that it requires the two separate appliances.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The espresso machine is an item in the list of items that I never use. I still don't like that it requires the two separate appliances.

I’m a proud real life coffee snob lol and the sims espresso machine irritates me as well. It’s too big for a sims home. I think the tiny living pack should have come with a French press and moka pot.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    I don't drink coffee so dunno about that

but what really disturbs me deeply is that tea is not in tea mug its in coffee mug and that is unforgivable

at least they didnt put milk in the tea which would have been even more offensive but they could have made it look less like coffee by simply changing the mug
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »

but what really disturbs me deeply is that tea is not in tea mug its in coffee mug and that is unforgivable

at least they didnt put milk in the tea which would have been even more offensive but they could have made it look less like coffee by simply changing the mug

The tea brewer also looks like a coffee brewer. I always need to remember that that particular machine does not make coffee but tea. I don't really mind the mug, but it would have been nice to have some visual difference between coffee and tea for our sims.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member

The tea brewer also looks like a coffee brewer. I always need to remember that that particular machine does not make coffee but tea. I don't really mind the mug, but it would have been nice to have some visual difference between coffee and tea for our sims.

well that too and id like if we could have non machiney version for coffee and tea like tea set or making them on stove in kettle instead or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @GalacticGal I agree.
    It always bothered me to the point where I never let my sims order cappuccinos or lattes because they don’t look right.
    I’m an Americano drinker myself (or whichever it’s called) and occasionally I love a cappuccino or latte. But it should look right in game.

@Simmingal, @crocobaura The tea brewing station should have been a (old fashioned) teapot that you can place on the middle of any dining table, giving the option to invite other sims to spend tea time with. A bit like the TS3 teapot table, but with more options and freedom. It would be something nice for elders or as a clubs activity.

Talking of inclusion and representation :/ . #justiceforteacaposandlattes
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    amp107 wrote: »

I’m a proud real life coffee snob lol and the sims espresso machine irritates me as well. It’s too big for a sims home. I think the tiny living pack should have come with a French press and moka pot.

YES.

I would love to have a little nice one at home.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

As a tea drinker I completely agree. Tea should be made the old fashioned way, not with a machine that looks like a coffee machine. I hope we get a better way for our sims to make coffee at some point.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Funny enough, I hate coffee. Never had a cup of coffee in my life despite working at the coffee shop. Sure do love the way it smells though.
    Your tastes tend to change throughout the years. I don’t know if you’ve given it another chance, but if you like the smell, you may find you like coffee a certain way.

When I was a kid we had the 3-bite rule. The first bite is to acclimate your mouth, the second is to taste, and the third is to decide whether you like it or not. I was excused from eating anything as long as I took 3 bites. This isn’t meant as a lecture or anything, I just have a huge appreciation for all kinds of foods and I think it’s due to giving them more of a chance, and that has enriched my life so I like to share it with people.

I haven’t noticed the coffee color in the game. I think it’s cool that we have a bunch of options but I don’t use them much because they’re more trouble than they’re worth to me. I wish they increased energy more and decreased bladder less!
    edited August 2020
    babajayne wrote: »
    When I was a kid we had the 3-bite rule. The first bite is to acclimate your mouth, the second is to taste, and the third is to decide whether you like it or not. I was excused from eating anything as long as I took 3 bites.

Wow! Anyone else that lucky?!
    I had to eat whatever was on my plate or suffer the consequences. :D (Luckily my folks are wonderful cooks).
    Foods that I never liked as a kid are now amongst some of my favorites. Including coffee. I’ve gotten a huge appreciation for anything edible and I’m always keen to try new dishes. Probably brainwashed...
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    When I was a kid we had the 3-bite rule. The first bite is to acclimate your mouth, the second is to taste, and the third is to decide whether you like it or not. I was excused from eating anything as long as I took 3 bites.

I had to eat whatever was on my plate or suffer the consequences. :D (Luckily my folks are wonderful cooks).
    Foods that I never liked as a kid are now amongst some of my favorites. Including coffee. I’ve gotten a huge appreciation for anything edible and I’m always keen to try new dishes. Probably brainwashed...
    You sound like a proud member of the “clean plate club”, that’s a very polite way to be. There are times when I wish I was that way for fear of insulting somebody. But I have a lot of trouble eating when I’m full and this has played a role in keeping me slim. Now that I’m in my late 30s I have to work harder at it. 😆

I knew some kids whose parents would cook them a completely different meal because “they’re so picky”.

I guess we agree that being willing to try new things (again and again) is pretty rewarding?

I take it you're not into grinding your own coffee beans? We do so for every pot. Much fresher than the pre-ground. let me tell you. ;)

My parents (Dad, backed by Mom) had a three bites rule. Anything you didn't like that was on the plate, you had to eat three bites. Dad always suggested we eat those three bites, first, while hungry. We were never given the break-down, but Dad did promise that if we did that every time the disliked item was served, one day we would wake up craving it. Worked with broccoli, for me. I like it in any form; raw, cooked, but just not mushy. ;)
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member

When Arielle the little mermaid came into the cinema, I felt pity for Sebastian, I have really feared for his life and I refused to eat fish for about 10 years. My parents accepted it. I'm eating fish again, but not much, mostly in form of a salmon every 3 or 4 months. No other seafood comes on my dish.

The teamaker ingame irritates me in his current form ingame, I don't need an electronic device for brewing tea.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Simmingal, @crocobaura The tea brewing station should have been a (old fashioned) teapot that you can place on the middle of any dining table, giving the option to invite other sims to spend tea time with. A bit like the TS3 teapot table, but with more options and freedom. It would be something nice for elders or as a clubs activity.

Talking of inclusion and representation :/ . #justiceforteacaposandlattes

I would LOVE it if the antique coffee kettle and tea set decorative items we have in the sims 4 could actually be used by the sims. Having coffee/tea drinking as a quality-time activity and useable in clubs would be amazing. I already have a club for my wealthy sims called the “high tea society” that this would work perfectly for :D

Also, your hashtag made me giggle hard LOL

0IzRxZE.jpg
    edited August 2020

I take it you're not into grinding your own coffee beans? We do so for every pot. Much fresher than the pre-ground. let me tell you. ;)

The only coffee I know comes from ⭐️💵.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited August 2020

You poor thing!
    They failed miserably here, because we're all coffee snobs downunder.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    @babajayne wrote: »
    You sound like a proud member of the “clean plate club”, that’s a very polite way to be. There are times when I wish I was that way for fear of insulting somebody. But I have a lot of trouble eating when I’m full and this has played a role in keeping me slim.
    I stopped being polite a long time ago. I eat whatever I need, but when I really can't finish what's on the plate someone else serves me, I won't eat it. I don't want to suffer the consequences of overeating either. :D
    Now that I’m in my late 30s I have to work harder at it. 😆
    I'm at that same. very, very difficult stage in life.
    I knew some kids whose parents would cook them a completely different meal because “they’re so picky”.
    The nonsense. I don't have kids. If I did and unless the child has health issues, the entire family will eat the same stuff as long as they live under the same roof. Period. [/quote]
    I guess we agree that being willing to try new things (again and again) is pretty rewarding?
    Indeed. Food is wonderful!
    My parents (Dad, backed by Mom) had a three bites rule. Anything you didn't like that was on the plate, you had to eat three bites. Dad always suggested we eat those three bites, first, while hungry. We were never given the break-down, but Dad did promise that if we did that every time the disliked item was served, one day we would wake up craving it. Worked with broccoli, for me. I like it in any form; raw, cooked, but just not mushy. ;)
    I've never heard of it before this thread, but that three bite method seems like a good way for developing a taste for less favorite, but healthy foods.
    @Daravi wrote: »
    When Arielle the little mermaid came into the cinema, I felt pity for Sebastian, I have really feared for his life and I refused to eat fish for about 10 years. My parents accepted it. I'm eating fish again, but not much, mostly in form of a salmon every 3 or 4 months. No other seafood comes on my dish.
    That's sweet. One time I decided to become a vegetarian, which only lasted 5 years, because no matter what I used as meat replacement foods, my health just deteriorated to the point where my doctor said, 'For crying out loud man, would you just eat steak?!'
    So I did. And I'm fine again.
    edited August 2020
    Movotti wrote: »

You poor thing!
    They failed miserably here, because we're all coffee snobs downunder.

I had a k-cup flavored cup of coffee once from a Keurig. It wasn't bad, but kinda reminded me of hot chocolate lol