Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your game style?

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    My game is very much fun. I love it, even the eyeball ring and ridiculously dressed townies. They make me smile.
    @Cynna True, I guess. Though watching people, (I guess passive observation), most people do tend to lean on something or sit down when in a long conversation. Even people not in actual physical contact over the internet. Like a call on video-phone while in the park. Unless in a hurry, generally I noticed will look for somewhere to sit down to continue the video conversation.

It's different I suppose if it's not real face-to-face or virtual face-to-face. People (myself included) will tend to walk around, do things, even use the toilet lol, if it's only voice or texting communication.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other... please explain. :)
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Cynna True, I guess. Though watching people, (I guess passive observation), most people do tend to lean on something or sit down when in a long conversation. Even people not in actual physical contact over the internet. Like a call on video-phone while in the park. Unless in a hurry, generally I noticed will look for somewhere to sit down to continue the video conversation.

It's different I suppose if it's not real face-to-face or virtual face-to-face. People (myself included) will tend to walk around, do things, even use the toilet lol, if it's only voice or texting communication.

You're correct. In those examples, taking a seat makes sense. However, my Sims were in the aisle of a convention hall between two half walls. The only seats were the stools behind those walls. To me, it's not realistic at all that two Sims would seek seats in the booths in order to shout at each other from across two half walls. The walls themselves should have been a deterrent, IMO. The walls should have told the Sims, 'that's not an appropriate place to sit during the middle of a conversation'. On the other hand, I would not have minded in the least if they had leaned on the walls, that would have been believable. That would have been incredible, actually.

The sitting thing is a relatively recent development in TS4, it didn't exist at launch. I wish that the devs would put it back to how it used to be.

Anyway, I didn't mean to take the thread off-topic. I was only trying to explain why TS4 frustrates me and how that has led to me using poses and storytelling instead of actually playing the game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2020
    My game is fun. I enjoy it and I don't take it too seriously.
    I play with autonomy on and usually let my sims make their own choices, the only part I tend to micromanage is filling their basic needs. However, I do delete all the hideous random townies the game generates in dozens if left to its own devices and delete relationships between sims who have no reason to know each other (Happens on rotational play. I rotate back and discover that my loner sim, who hates strangers and never leaves the house is suddenly friends with people she has never interracted with. How "nice". How about let me decide if she wants to make any friends or not?)
    Generally, it's many different stories going on at the same time, some of them new and some dating back centuries.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    My game is a mixture of serious realistic play and wacky/fun play; love the occult and magic systems, enjoy the quirky aspects of the game.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    My game is wacky. Bring on the flying pigs and tap dancing kangaroos. I need them in my game.
    The Sims has been an escape for me since I was a kid. It's never been that serious.
  • FamilyFriendFamilyFriend Posts: 24 Member
    It really depends on what family I'm playing. I have a legacies challenge where my sims family live in different time periods, so the stoneage up to now. I'm pretty serious with that but still have fun. Sometimes I just create families for the drama and I'm not serious with those
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2020
    My game is very much fun. I love it, even the eyeball ring and ridiculously dressed townies. They make me smile.
    I don’t take this game seriously at all, I kill sims, I torture sims, I neglect sim children and babies at times not to mention teens and adults. I will grind a sim to the point of collapse in a challenge. I don’t mind wacky pear shaped townies dressed in crazy outfits (please let the forbidden sweater be set to random and tagged for hot weather)🤞🏻. If the toilet catches on fire and burns my sim to death right as I am about to complete a challenge while the fire department does a stripper dance in the front yard so be it!
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    My game is very serious and I'm a drill sergeant. My Sims won't do anything I don't want them to. I control everything.
    ... even though I don't really like admitting this. :lol:
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    I [i]try[/i] to keep it realistic but when most of my SIMs aren't human it gets into the realms of silliness at times 😋
    I like to let them live their lives and throw an occasional idea or burning branch their way and see what they do.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I tend to go with the flow and see what happens. I don't over-control my Sims except for basic needs and fulfilling required tasks (I had to pull the knitting basket out of my Sims' inventory because she kept leaving her computer to knit when she was supposed to be filling out reports, then when I sent her to knit she'd started like 3 different beanies).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    I've always been a chill player when it comes to the Sims. Sure, I may have mishaps along the way (like most of us), but I roll with it and have fun. :)
  • thenameslynith13thenameslynith13 Posts: 55 Member
    My game is very serious and I'm a drill sergeant. My Sims won't do anything I don't want them to. I control everything.
    I wouldn't say my game is serious, but I am a total control freak lol. I like all the weird aspects of the game, but when I'm trying to do a story I do tend to modify things to fit it. All in all it's just fun :D
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    I sort of just go with the flow. Since I play with a random legacy, I go with what the randomizer throws at me and try to build a story around it.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I do micromanage, but that's the extent of my seriousness. Anything and everything essentially goes in my game, depending on the save, and/or the sim lol.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    My game is serious. I try to keep everyone happy and enjoying doing their skills and advancing in their job (without the "ambitious" trait.) I do micromanage, but not in a "drill sergeant" way.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    6 Serious options, 3 Fun. Lol.
  • GardeningSimmerGardeningSimmer Posts: 41 Member
    I just take the game in a very relaxing way, I’m not very strict at all about how my game goes
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    My game is wacky. Bring on the flying pigs and tap dancing kangaroos. I need them in my game.
    I voted for "My game is wacky"...having said that, I always have a handful of couples that I play seriously.

In one of my games, you can expect to see the three Caliente sisters dressed in different shades of hot dog costumes with bear hats, Bella Goth is sporting a Batgirl costume with beekeeper hat, and there is one chap I created with twisted alien features that's rocking tights, a halter top, and has the "creepy" walk. That's just the tip of the iceberg, I have many more lol
  • DestinycrowDestinycrow Posts: 36 Member
    Wacky, always wacky and off the wall. Always.

I think every save so far I have done something to Mortimer Goth, from turning him into a mermaid to abducting him... 6 times by aliens, I think?

Either way, it's always wacky in my saves.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member
    An example:

I make a male sim, I give him total freedom to date or flirt with whoever he likes! .. Just not her!... Not her either! ..Nope not him! ... Absolutely not her!... mmh.. okay, let me find someone for you!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    My game is seriously fun and wacky! It doesn’t need to be non-serious to be fun.
  • WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    My game is very serious and I get upset and I like to complain if everything isn't going the way I want.
    I chose "My game is very serious and I get upset and I like to complain if everything isn't going the way I want", but this isn't 100% true. I do like having my way, and I do get upset when anything goes awry, but if I know the failure is my own fault rather than a result of some glitch or annoying game feature, I usually accept it and move on.

My playing philosophy is, I want what's best for my Sims, and I want them to work for it, but I will intervene if necessary.

Oh, and I don't kill or torture Sims. I believe that since we're given this power over their lives, even if they are merely pixels controlled by code, we shouldn't abuse this power by killing them or intentionally making their lives miserable. It makes me cringe when I watch Simmers take pleasure in trapping their Sims in burning houses or watching their Sims get killed with a mod that adds gratuitous violence into the game.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I embrace all of the "fun" options, but I have to admit there are times I will be a bit drill sergeant-ish. I mean, if I want that teen to go to college then he will by golly do his homework, every day!

Real life is serious enough, I don't want to play it, too. I play with aging off and if a sim annoys me enough I will send them to the pool (without a ladder mwah ha ha). I don't like the evil and mean traits, and those premades are the most likely to go. I've only started playing again after many years, so I'm not sure how I feel about random deaths these days - although I do know that I won't let any of my faves die.

I love the occults, wish the Vamps were a bit more aggressive. I like it when the game shows me something silly or crazy or cool.

Bring on the flying pigs!
  • StrudelzzStrudelzz Posts: 23 Member
    I might re do some premade's appearance and modify relationships/households, but aside from micromanaging relationships, i just let things happen and laugh at the unexpected.
    SyGRAhJ.gif
    Good for health, bad for education.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    None of thee above; my game is realistic and semi-serious AND I have FUN.