Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baking By Death | Book Two - On Hiatus

Comments

• EirayaEiraya Posts: 21 Member
    Just started this today, you really put the daddy in Vladdy Daddy LOL. Really, who doesn’t love a bit of angst and torment? Keep it up, loving the story so far!
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    BERNARD SHALLOT-LIU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE LOGISTICS OF CHALLENGING HIS AU SELF TO A DUEL

bernard1.jpg
    bernard2.jpg
    bernard3.jpg
    bernard4.jpg

AND ALSO WHERE RYAN GOSLING GOT HIS WAISTCOAT BECAUSE HE'S GOING THROUGH A LA LA LAND PHASE

BUT MOSTLY HE HAS BEEN FOLLOWING THIS STORY AND IS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN BAKING-BY-DEATH BERNARD
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    Eiraya wrote: »
    Just started this today, you really put the daddy in Vladdy Daddy LOL. Really, who doesn’t love a bit of angst and torment? Keep it up, loving the story so far!

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! (putting the Vladdy in Daddy is 100% my goals in life LOL)
    Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg
    Bernard Shallot, BPD Universe has received your missive. Last night, he sat down at his desk and began penning a response...

l7N5MD9.jpg

But after a few moments, he put the pen down. "Men such as I do not duel with their lessers," he smirked.

AbP1DJV.jpg

He cast another judgmental eye over Bernard Shallot-Liu's typewritten demand and then, feeling magnanimous, decided that he would go downstairs and tell Mimsy she was allowed to stop playing the piano. It had been a week, after all. That should suffice for making sure she knew her place.

r0AD3AN.jpg

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    So I'm only mid-way through season one but thought I'd jump in here to make some noise because I'm loving this so much ❤️ I've only scratched the surface but you've already delivered so many twists and turns! Every chapter somehow tops the previous one, and man, those characters and their quirks sure know how to make me invested. Can't wait to see what's in store!

Side note - So it took 11 chapters for me to realise that Alice is that Alice... Goes to show how much I know about Strangerville premades :D
    In which I made a trailer for Season 3 (the final season) of the story.

Don't worry! This is just the beginning of the journey for these characters. Once this story wraps, they'll be off to new adventures in Underworld Summer Vacation :)

r0AD3AN.jpg
    Yass! I've got the pom poms and the popcorn ready :)

The trailer is epic! I've watched it a couple of times looking for clues :D That dramatic music though :o
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Lol, 'The Scones Won't Bake Themselves'. :D I am so looking forward to this! Looks there are some new characters too. <3
    HYPE HYPE HYPE. Clearly I'm here to watch Gwendolyn solve every supernatural dispute in like, five seconds and also for the rise of Murder Norman.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    LOL I'm so glad y'all loved it. Honestly, Gwendolyn is coming in hot this season and I can't wait. Also, iMovie has the most ridiculous/best trailer templates so shout out to them for the music!

r0AD3AN.jpg
    Season 3 Begins!

so64mPF.jpg

Chapter 31, Part 1: The Will of a God is a Heck of a Thing

Vlad and Alice head off to help Deacon and Caleb with the basilisks but relationship conflicts arise. L. Faba bemoans Morgyn's betrayal, and Deacon and Caleb try to make the best of a bad situation.

r0AD3AN.jpg
    Yay what a return! I'm so excited this story is back!!!
    I demand an update on Akira and Miko soon though! :p
    Thank you! Chapter 32...just you wait :-)

r0AD3AN.jpg
    New Chapter!

YyCq91A.jpg

Chapter 31, Part 2: The Will of a God is a Heck of a Thing

Plans go sideways as they are wont to do, but Deacon finds his head and Caleb learns the meaning of the phrase "boot and rally."

Oh, and I've got a little work in progress on a future chapter, if you missed the bonus post, it's here.

r0AD3AN.jpg
    edited August 2020
    There's so many foreshadowing tidbits, I need someone to speculate with!
    • Caleb is Anxiety, right? Right? Right?! He's gotta be.
    • Okay, so Ben's running around, but what's he up to, and what implications does this have for Alice's powers? Or Alice herself, I guess.
    • Dylan is... probably also something, right, as well as probably most of the other Unparalleled Windenburg Baking Show contestants? We've seen that Jimena, at least, is a concept-person who isn't under Alice's control, but I kinda got sidetracked and am kind of forgetting the differences between gods and sages and who else would be able to control the concept-people.
    • Uh, who hasn't been confirmed to have a secret supernatural identity? Of course, we know that someone can be supernatural in multiple ways, but I'm assuming one person can represent at least one concept.
    • Also, given a recent comment, it's pretty funny that Alice herself is a literal god but still uses "llamas" as an expletive because of her mortal roots.

(edit: The profanity filter did not like the abbreviation for Unparalleled Windenburg Baking Show.)
    banner_both.jpg
    edited August 2020
    There's so many foreshadowing tidbits, I need someone to speculate with!
    • Caleb is Anxiety, right? Right? Right?! He's gotta be.
    • Okay, so Ben's running around, but what's he up to, and what implications does this have for Alice's powers? Or Alice herself, I guess.
    • Dylan is... probably also something, right, as well as probably most of the other Unparalleled Windenburg Baking Show contestants? We've seen that Jimena, at least, is a concept-person who isn't under Alice's control, but I kinda got sidetracked and am kind of forgetting the differences between gods and sages and who else would be able to control the concept-people.
    • Uh, who hasn't been confirmed to have a secret supernatural identity? Of course, we know that someone can be supernatural in multiple ways, but I'm assuming one person can represent at least one concept.
    • Also, given a recent comment, it's pretty funny that Alice herself is a literal god but still uses "llamas" as an expletive because of her mortal roots.

(edit: The profanity filter did not like the abbreviation for Unparalleled Windenburg Baking Show.)

MY LIPS ARE SEALED (but it's so hard not to spoil my own dang story)

But oh the drama that would be created if your assumptions prove correct.

r0AD3AN.jpg
    New Chapter!

gv24Y9z.jpg

Chapter 32, Part 1: Trips and Manuscripts

William heads to the library with a special research companion, Penny continues her investigation, Miko's decisions start to catch up with her, and we don't get the Grim Reaper we want, we get the Grim Reaper we deserve.

r0AD3AN.jpg
    Oh, a new chapter! For some reason this didn't come up in my WP reader. I'll read it tonight or tomorrow, but in the meantime, I shall speculate with you @Dollyllama108
    The main thing on my mind when it comes to the god identities is Alice, or more specifically, Alice's identity as Alice. We've seen her god of death moments, more prevalently lately, when her humanity almost fully disappears - which is to be expected. But suppose she does succeed in getting the owl of undoing, the world will not crash and burn and her body will live - will she still continue to be Alice, the Alice she identifies as now? Or will that side of her be fully gone by then? Vlad of course shifts to a degree too, when he takes on his other form, but his identity doesn't change as dramatically as hers. Although one could ponder how much of that is to do with him already having lost his original identity over the years.

I also wonder if Ben has left his previous vessels like it's happened with Alice now, or if this is a new development specific with her, perhaps because the god presence is becoming stronger in her? Maybe she no longer needs him to bridge the gap between her humanity and her god form, so he ceased to exist?
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Oh, a new chapter! For some reason this didn't come up in my WP reader. I'll read it tonight or tomorrow, but in the meantime, I shall speculate with you @Dollyllama108
    The main thing on my mind when it comes to the god identities is Alice, or more specifically, Alice's identity as Alice. We've seen her god of death moments, more prevalently lately, when her humanity almost fully disappears - which is to be expected. But suppose she does succeed in getting the owl of undoing, the world will not crash and burn and her body will live - will she still continue to be Alice, the Alice she identifies as now? Or will that side of her be fully gone by then? Vlad of course shifts to a degree too, when he takes on his other form, but his identity doesn't change as dramatically as hers. Although one could ponder how much of that is to do with him already having lost his original identity over the years.

I also wonder if Ben has left his previous vessels like it's happened with Alice now, or if this is a new development specific with her, perhaps because the god presence is becoming stronger in her? Maybe she no longer needs him to bridge the gap between her humanity and her god form, so he ceased to exist?

Gah, wordpress is betraying me and I don't know why. I'm going to try and see if I can fix it (through various googles).

I WANT TO SPECULATE WITH YOU BUT THEN SPOILERS.

dang, y'all both are asking such good questions.

r0AD3AN.jpg
    Oops! Missed posting the last chapter here so here's both of them:

Chapter 32, Part 2: Trips and Manuscripts
    William and Dylan make an unexpected, but not unwelcome breakthrough. Vlad gets a hobby, and Penny prepares for some witch-related shenanigans.

Chapter 33, Part 1: Into the Belly of the Beast
    Caleb and Deacon run an errand that involves laundry and magic, William confronts Morgyn and tries not to fall too hard, Alice and Vlad work out their issues...with claws and wings.

Here's some bonus stuff: sims misbehaving while I'm trying to take screenshots

Also, I've now become addicted to artbreeder. Here are my creations:

Baking By Death Game Version - Vlad
    faJYu8X.jpg

Baking By Death Artbreeder Version - Vlad
    6AvdRpn.jpg

Baking By Death Game Version - Alice
    qFb7Uku.jpg

Baking By Death Artbreeder Version - Alice
    GLApuHF.jpg

Baking By Death Game Version - William
    Pp308ma.jpg

Baking By Death Artbreeder Version - William
    kh3B5X2.jpg

Baking By Death Game Version - Morgyn
    yJRwko4.jpg

Baking By Death Artbreeder Version - Morgyn
    sYIxa6C.jpg

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I just want to say, I have been HOOKED on this story for the past week, reading whenever I can! (4 homeschooling kids and 4 dogs + church keep me busy!)
    I am wrapping up season 2, and I am so excited for where this story goes!
    (Also, it inspired me to edit a better looking Vlad of my own!)
    I just want to say, I have been HOOKED on this story for the past week, reading whenever I can! (4 homeschooling kids and 4 dogs + church keep me busy!)
    I am wrapping up season 2, and I am so excited for where this story goes!
    (Also, it inspired me to edit a better looking Vlad of my own!)

Ah!!! Thank you! I’m so glad you’re enjoying it. We are working remote in my household trying to teach classes and run meetings from the same small space so I’m writing in between all that (normally at insane hours, like midnight). To know that people are reading it just makes me smile :-)

Oh man. Season three is a pretty wild ride lol

Get a better looking Vlad!!! We all deserve it!! Hahaha

r0AD3AN.jpg
    Did I make a cute little header? No.

Did I post a new chapter? Yes.

Chapter 33, Part 2: Into the Belly of the Beast

r0AD3AN.jpg
    Ok, how do you do this, your chapters are so long and yet, at the end I sit there still wanting more! :love: