Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disruptive fight breakouts

I've noticed this annoying increase of fights breaking out whenever my Sim goes to an event. The food vendors close up shop and either get into a fight or stand around watching a fight. I'm annoyed with it because I want my sim to get something to eat from the vendors, but they close down and he/she is unable to get food. It wouldn't be so bad if it only happened once or so, but it they do this over and over again. Can this be stopped? Is it a glitch?
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Do you have EL? There is a N.A.P that causes this to happen.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Yeah, its the "Roughhousing Encouraged" N.A.P. Easiest thing to do-or what I did anyways, becuse it happens in a neighborhood my sim doesnt live in but frequents-is to put a sim in a house or household and jump to them to cheat the N.A.P. by right clicking a mailbox and then instant repeal whatever N.A.P. you dont want active.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy all is right in your Sim world!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    So EL has looting and rioting? Yikes! :#
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    What is EL even about? I got the impression is was about being Eco friendly and recycling etc. but all the complaints talk about stealing and now this? 😂
  • ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    What is EL even about? I got the impression is was about being Eco friendly and recycling etc. but all the complaints talk about stealing and now this? 😂

In case you're serious: it's about shaping your neighborhood. One of the ways you can do that is through Neighborhood Action Plans (NAPS). Some are serious, increasing the eco footprint, encouraging gardening, etc, and some are silly, like making everyone wear bags on their heads or fight all the time.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are finding the NAP actions to be game-breaking, because npcs are ALWAYS fighting, or ALWAYS stealing, or ALWAYS baking, to the detriment of anything and everything else. There's an option to turn off autonomous voting on NAPs, so only the player can vote and decide what to enact, if anything. I've basically turned this feature off in my game until it gets tuned back.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    😂😂😂 it’s funny. But for real every one is always saying sims 4 needs more grit and to be less goody two shoes, but when they add stealing and fighting , people complain 🥴

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    😂😂😂 it’s funny. But for real every one is always saying sims 4 needs more grit and to be less goody two shoes, but when they add stealing and fighting , people complain 🥴

Heh heh!!! >:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsJ2erWiNuA
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    vessme wrote: »
    I've noticed this annoying increase of fights breaking out whenever my Sim goes to an event. The food vendors close up shop and either get into a fight or stand around watching a fight. I'm annoyed with it because I want my sim to get something to eat from the vendors, but they close down and he/she is unable to get food. It wouldn't be so bad if it only happened once or so, but it they do this over and over again. Can this be stopped? Is it a glitch?

I voted to repeal that nap but my vote was voted down, not as easy as it sounds
    Some of my restaurants are affected by this nap, it is impossible to enjoy the game like that
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member

To be honest, I was really excited about the fighting NAP when I learned of it (and the others), I'm one of those lol But I guess I thought that system would work differently and add some life to the game. It's mostly just disruptive because my sims can't complete simple tasks like eating anymore. I'm not sure what I expected and that's all on me, but I'm very disappointed with how that works. I don't think I'll be enbling them ever again :/