Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is your favorite sims game?

13...Next

Comments

• Franimal22Franimal22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 3
    I still play 3. I don't care for 4 as much. Sim points haven't been on sale in forever, I think they should throw us a bone every now and then, ya think?
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Sims 2
    the sims 2 is still the best. I play that more than any of the others. I'm doing a 100 baby challenge in ts2 now, I started 1 in ts4, but only got as far as the first baby, it simply isn't the game that 2 is, at least for me.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 3
    I enjoy the color wheel, textures, heartshape bed, playable babies, Bridgeport & Roaring Heights.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    Sims 3
    I still play sims 4 faithfully because I had years of stuff already going on. But after I tried sims 3 it blew me out of the water. I brought all packs and it's my current favorite.

To be fair I almost love them both equally. There are many things I Iove about 4. But many things 3 really excells in.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Sims 3
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    SimsQueer wrote: »
    I answered Sims 4 because I've played it the most and the modding community is amazing and it runs quite well. I do like gameplay in the sims 2 and sims 3 much more, though. I just can't add more into the game with mods without it running absolutely horribly. I'd say, that if sims 3 ran better and didn't take forever to load, it would be my favorite. For technical reasons I'm gonna have to say sims 4. I have many fond memories of sims 3, but I have many fond memories of the sims 4 as well. For sims 2, I only played it a couple times when I was 7 or 8, and sims 1 was a long time ago... Sims 1 and 2 do have that really old game vibe that's absolutely lovely.

@SimsQueer Performance/technical problems like these are usually caused by 1) Playing on an underpowered computer, or 2) Having bad (i e outdated, poorly made, corrupt etc.) third party content in your game. Or a combination of both 1 and 2.

I have all EP's, all SP's and everything from the Store (but no third party content) installed on several computers, both gaming laptops and desktops, and it works fine for the most part. There are some bugs and glitches here and there of course, but they're usually fixable or possible to work around somehow. :)

I've been saying that since Sims3 supernatural came out, but I don't think I have seen many others say it. It's true, you need a gaming computer capable of running it, not expensive, just good enough. My game had all kinds of problems from bad cc and every game that came out, mods usually didn't jive with it. When I saw the Sims3 trailer for supernaturals and my computer went out, instead of buying something that can't handle real intense gaming, I bought an Asus computer that could run it and made the hard decision to not use cc. I think there was an angel fountain and maybe two other small things, but I never regretted it. No more stick babies, no more a lot of things. TBH, I think I only had my game mess up twice out of the million times I played it after dumping cc and never downloading from the Sims3 site. I don't care if someone days it doesn't have cc, that stuff can stick on normal items in your game and you can't find it. I know because I realized something I had made myself by altering other stuff came out with cc and I had to go into the launcher and delray it and I have heard some who know about these things mention it. I ran/run all Sims3 games and the entire store all together and I don't have problems. Nearly everyone who says they have issues will admit that their game has cc/mods or upon looking at their specs, their computer needs a better card. Sims3 has a horrible reputation that is extremely undeserved. I just adore Sims3. It's like being over your own world that you truly are in control of.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sims 4
    Easily Sims 4 for me
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sims 3
    I used to be a massive Sims 3 fan but now I'm more into 4. The game has its faults (a lot of them) but I get more enjoyment out of it and don't get bored as easily.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Sims 4
    Simstress wrote: »
    Although I truly enjoy TS4, I will always have a love for TS3. I miss some of the spontaneous parts of that world and other Sims’ responses to my characters. It felt more like real life somehow. Loading times and graphics aside, I would still play it daily, if I hadn’t lost the ability (hopefully temporarily) to play it on my Mac. Looking to get a new Windows machine JUST for this purpose. Now, that is love. 💕

You could also use Bootcamp to play it on your Mac. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Sims 2
    I usually like to play both TS2 and TS3 though I've been on a long TS3 break because of issues with defragmenting my hard drive and because it's gotten a little too full.I can expand my TS2 towns much more easily than the TS3 ones though I play the entire towns in both games though with TS3 very heavily Modded and use Mods in TS2 to fix annoying issues I want fixed.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sims 3
    Onverser wrote: »
    I used to be a massive Sims 3 fan but now I'm more into 4. The game has its faults (a lot of them) but I get more enjoyment out of it and don't get bored as easily.

Just like me. I learned to play 4 in a different way than i use to play 3, and i'm actually having more fun now with 4...
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Sims 3
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I've been saying that since Sims3 supernatural came out, but I don't think I have seen many others say it. It's true, you need a gaming computer capable of running it, not expensive, just good enough. My game had all kinds of problems from bad cc and every game that came out, mods usually didn't jive with it. When I saw the Sims3 trailer for supernaturals and my computer went out, instead of buying something that can't handle real intense gaming, I bought an Asus computer that could run it and made the hard decision to not use cc. I think there was an angel fountain and maybe two other small things, but I never regretted it. No more stick babies, no more a lot of things. TBH, I think I only had my game mess up twice out of the million times I played it after dumping cc and never downloading from the Sims3 site. I don't care if someone days it doesn't have cc, that stuff can stick on normal items in your game and you can't find it. I know because I realized something I had made myself by altering other stuff came out with cc and I had to go into the launcher and delray it and I have heard some who know about these things mention it. I ran/run all Sims3 games and the entire store all together and I don't have problems. Nearly everyone who says they have issues will admit that their game has cc/mods or upon looking at their specs, their computer needs a better card. Sims3 has a horrible reputation that is extremely undeserved. I just adore Sims3. It's like being over your own world that you truly are in control of.

@davina1221 Yes, that's very common. Former SimGuru/Tech responder Nichaedemus has warned about it many times on these forums, but people just don't want to listen.

OGlz3Ae.png

And another simmer, ivinian on so called "Safe CC":

"Well... let's talk about what "safe" means in the context of CC.

Safe means that the content in question:
    * Isn't directly defective.
    * Doesn't contain any really harmful code.
    * Has ID numbers that don't conflict with already-installed content.
    * Doesn't mess your game up in other, unforeseen ways.

The first two are fairly easy to lick. Get Custard, get Sims Dashboard (Google them, they're all over the place last I checked). They work on the PC and are easy to learn to use. Then don't install a blessed thing on your game without it going through those two programs (Custard if it's a sims3pack, Dashboard if it's a package file).

The second two are what will really mess you up. Even if content passes the first two tests, it might fail the second two because--and this is important to understand here--almost all CC is written by amateurs who may or may not understand what they're doing and how it interacts with EA's content. It's crazy hard to catch conflicts (Dashboard will run the check, but it's not always easy to match up the actual installed file with the conflicted item's ID), and it can be almost impossible to tell if the content will otherwise mess you up till you put it into game and then realize everybody's naked. Or the game is crashing to desktop. Or your Store won't download to your computer. Or nobody's getting married. Or your Launcher decides it hates everybody and won't load. Or everybody's bald. Or, as someone in this very thread discovered, that awesome foreign site gave you a horrible virus along with the CC you downloaded. CC can have really unpredictable effects on your game, and your results might vary from mine because we have different stuff installed on our respective games. Every one of the sites mentioned here as "safe" has given me problems at one time or another."
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top