Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Ready for Sims 5

The emptiness of the Sims 4 is overwhelming me. I'm ready for a more indepth Sims playing experience. I want lots of choices and challenges. It's time for The Sims game to evolve into a deeper, more meaningful experience. Just my 2 cents.

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Agreed 😎
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Me too, I know people wish for more skin colors, better personalities and moving babies but at this rate we will get them in 2026.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Honestly, EA has had four chances. I'm ready to give a different company a chance to show me their best shot at the genre.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i fully agree i am also ready for the sims 5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I've been more than ready ._. TS4 just doesn't have it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes I'm ready too. Let's go.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i want to know if sims 5 will be another disappointment just so i can officially give up supporting this franchise
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm more than ready! I was ready for TS5 the first time I saw the graphics and art style they chose to with for TS4. I'm not big in the Fisher Price dollhouse look of the world, objects, or sims. And I hate those stupid grins they all do! Horrible!
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I said before that i was ready, then i was not ready, and now i am almost ready again lol. It is just that i miss some crucial features that i dont know if they can add so i will keep an open mind for a ts5 if it is any good.
    Also I hope it's sooner rather than years from now :( Stop dragging this game out.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Sims4 is like that juvenile frat brat college roommate you get tricked into living with that is filled with toilet humor and refuses to grow up. Check back when they're 80, and they're still exactly the same.

It's not just old, it gets repulsive after a while. We definitely need an intelligent, well made game to take the place of - whatever this is.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2020
    No not really, not after what I've seen them do to sims 4. So my expectations for sims 5 is low or nonexistent at this point. Unless they fix and add a lot new things to the game, then I don't think a new sims series is going to fix anything. We'll just be back at square one with more problems and even lesser but higher priced content. And I actually want them to take time on the game, I really don't care if takes 5, 10, etc years, if that's what makes the game the best it can be than so be it. We also can't ask for a better game but then expect it to be finished within 6 months to 2 years. No, some of the best games we have now took 10 years to complete and perfect and that's why their considered the best. So the problem is, EA rushes the game and then we Rush EA to rush the game even more and it just doesn't benefit anyone.
    giphy.gif

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    No not really, not after what I've seen them do to sims 4. So my expectations for sims 5 is low or nonexistent at this point. Unless they fix and add a lot new things to the game, then I don't think a new sims series is going to fix anything. We'll just be back at square one with more problems and even lesser but higher priced content. And I actually want them to take time on the game, I really don't care if takes 5, 10, etc years, if that's what makes the game the best it can be than so be it. We also can't ask for a better game but then expect it to be finished within 6 months to 2 years. No, some of the best games we have now took 10 years to complete and perfect and that's why their considered the best. So the problem is, EA rushes the game and then we Rush EA to rush the game even more and it just doesn't benefit anyone.

They've had SIX years to work on The Sims 5. They should at least announce it later this year and start talking about the features they're implementing like the Paralives devs do, which keeps their customers excited and talking about the game. And Maxis should run on a disciplined schedule like they used to just like with the previous iterations. I really miss that!

I don't agree that it should take it's sweet time being developed. That won't necessarily mean a better product. With the previous iterations before TS4, they've had to create each game engine from scratch within a limited time and somehow, SOMEHOW managed to create amazing iterations with incredible depth and detail.

Also take a look at Paralives, whose development has been very disciplined. A lot of the building and environmental features have already been implemented in a relatively short amount of time. And gridless to boot! The Sims' grid-based building features have remained pretty much the same with very little innovation for 20 years, saying that all the things that Paralives has just done is too difficult and expensive! And yet the Paralives devs did them! In a timely manner too!

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    EA/Maxis couldn't afford an all bells & whistles base version of Sims 5. They don't want a repeat of SimCity5 do they? Too much of a money loss at once. They'll go the same route as with Sims 4. Tentative but probably better base start than Sims 4 but adding packs from time to time. To be terminated immediately if a failure and if online from the start it might be after a short while. Server overload!

They've had SIX years to work on The Sims 5. They should at least announce it later this year and start talking about the features they're implementing like the Paralives devs do, which keeps their customers excited and talking about the game. And Maxis should run on a disciplined schedule like they used to just like with the previous iterations. I really miss that!

I don't agree that it should take it's sweet time being developed. That won't necessarily mean a better product. With the previous iterations before TS4, they've had to create each game engine from scratch within a limited time and somehow, SOMEHOW managed to create amazing iterations with incredible depth and detail.

Also take a look at Paralives, whose development has been very disciplined. A lot of the building and environmental features have already been implemented in a relatively short amount of time. And gridless to boot! The Sims' grid-based building features have remained pretty much the same with very little innovation for 20 years, saying that all the things that Paralives has just done is too difficult and expensive! And yet the Paralives devs did them! In a timely manner too!

You seem to be familiar with the development process of Paralives. Do you happen to know how long that Paralives was in development before the reveal and before Masse started hiring more help? I'm really curious about that.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

You seem to be familiar with the development process of Paralives. Do you happen to know how long that Paralives was in development before the reveal and before Masse started hiring more help? I'm really curious about that.

I first heard about him starting development from a thread last year in July: The Sims Future Competitor? His demo video already showed gridless building and curved walls, adjustable height of indoor and outdoor foundations, etc. He was just using raw or very basic artwork to show those things. Back then, it was just him, and the thread didn't mention when he decided to start developing the game before that. So I looked at his resume and he was doing contract programming starting in September 2018 right up to June 2019, one month before the time he made that first announcement. My estimate is he started working on those initial building features while doing those contracts. Before that, he was working full time permanent as lead game programmer.

Now, he's added environmental lighting, color wheel and patterns/texture, dynamic movement of objects, plus development of the Parafolk and improved art style with the help of 2-3 more people. They had just hired more so the team is now up to 5, with a target expansion to 10 (one less than the very successful Cities:Skylines).

I think the hardest work may actually be the AI of not just the Parafolk, but of how the whole worlds and their townspeople will work together. They haven't announced work on that yet, but I'm really looking forward to that!

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

I agree with you to a point, but I do not agree that player’s desire for a new game can be considered us rushing EA. Companies will do what companies will do, and on their own time. If all companies felt rushed and compelled to release a half finished game just because they knew their fan base was waiting eagerly for it, Bethesda would have released their sequel to Skyrim already. That game still has years to go on top of the decade it’s already had.

EA chooses to pump out games in quick succession even when they include bugs and poor design (not saying all of the packs are like this but enough for it to be of note). We don’t rush them to rush the games, they think about all of the money they can make and they do it themselves.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Problem is there's no proof that Sims 5 will be better. It could be even worse and we'd be stuck with an empty bland base game yet again. Much as I'd like a new game I don't wanna go back to the Sims 4 base game all over again.

If they take into account the flaws with Sims 4 and what people want, then it could be great. My worry is that it'll go down the Sims Mobile route and everything will just be a desperate money grab
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Problem is there's no proof that Sims 5 will be better. It could be even worse and we'd be stuck with an empty bland base game yet again. Much as I'd like a new game I don't wanna go back to the Sims 4 base game all over again.

If they take into account the flaws with Sims 4 and what people want, then it could be great. My worry is that it'll go down the Sims Mobile route and everything will just be a desperate money grab

If TS5 is bad from the beginning, I will not be playing it lol. This is EA’s last chance with me tbh.
    I know people keep saying "what makes you think TS5 any different." I just have small hope that it'll be better...for one thing this game won't be a online game scrapped at the last minute ((though with the talks of it being online idk..but still))
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've been ready for ts4 to be over. Can we please move on and stop milking this one?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    I’m always ready for a GREAT life simulator. I don’t care if it’s made by EA and called ‘The Sims 5’ or if it’s made by an entirely different company.
    I haven’t played anything yet that would completely fulfill my wishes when it comes to simulators. And I don’t have that many wishes. Will I see it in my lifetime? I bloody hope so.

There is so, so much potential for life simulators at this time. If the company who makes it can leave all the politics out and offer me something mind blowing, I’m more than ready to test it!

I first heard about him starting development from a thread last year in July: The Sims Future Competitor? His demo video already showed gridless building and curved walls, adjustable height of indoor and outdoor foundations, etc. He was just using raw or very basic artwork to show those things. Back then, it was just him, and the thread didn't mention when he decided to start developing the game before that. So I looked at his resume and he was doing contract programming starting in September 2018 right up to June 2019, one month before the time he made that first announcement. My estimate is he started working on those initial building features while doing those contracts. Before that, he was working full time permanent as lead game programmer.

Now, he's added environmental lighting, color wheel and patterns/texture, dynamic movement of objects, plus development of the Parafolk and improved art style with the help of 2-3 more people. They had just hired more so the team is now up to 5, with a target expansion to 10 (one less than the very successful Cities:Skylines).

I think the hardest work may actually be the AI of not just the Parafolk, but of how the whole worlds and their townspeople will work together. They haven't announced work on that yet, but I'm really looking forward to that!

Thank you for your detailed answer. I agree that the hardest work may be ahead of the team. The AI of the Parafolk will either make or break the game. However, Masse and the team seem to be very passionate. Not to sound too sappy or anything but passion and drive can move mountains. If the team members are true fans of the genre, and I have every reason to believe that they are, they have the potential to create something wonderful, fresh, and ultimately satisfying.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member

I agree with you to a point, but I do not agree that player’s desire for a new game can be considered us rushing EA. Companies will do what companies will do, and on their own time. If all companies felt rushed and compelled to release a half finished game just because they knew their fan base was waiting eagerly for it, Bethesda would have released their sequel to Skyrim already. That game still has years to go on top of the decade it’s already had.

EA chooses to pump out games in quick succession even when they include bugs and poor design (not saying all of the packs are like this but enough for it to be of note). We don’t rush them to rush the games, they think about all of the money they can make and they do it themselves.

Bethesda released fallout 76. If that doesn't scream rushed/incomplete, then I dont know what will. I see it happening g on both sides.
    giphy.gif