Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 2 : Which Game Pack will you never buy - and why?

13...Next

Comments

• SpatzSpatz Posts: 41 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I'm not a fan of witches or magicians.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Realm of Magic, Strangerville and Vampires. Just don't like playing those versions.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    None - I own and love them all.
    I wouldn't say I love them all but there are aspects of each pack that I like. For example, I don't care for the gameplay in StrangerVille but I love the build/buy stuff, and the world is somewhat decent as well. I think the ones I use the least is Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure, even though I do use more stuff from JA.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited August 2020
    None - But I regret buying...
    I like all packs for something but i slightly regret buying rom so fast cause i really should have waited better sale for i hardly even play it and i mostly just use b/b and cas from it

+I think features i was hyped about fell bit short in general in this pack like idk it just feels unfinished
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I regret buying Outdoor Retreat.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Parenthood
    Onverser wrote: »
    Parenthood. I couldn't care less about family gameplay. I never play with kids as is so a pack dedicated to playing with kids isn't for me, it's the only one I don't own and I have absolutely no desire to get it.

I don't play child or teen life stages at all. Never bought Parenthood, kids room stuff or toddler stuff. I mainly play young adult occults though. I only play babies and toddlers if I do play any other life stages, and there occults too lol.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I don't see why I would want to buy a downgraded version of World Adventures.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The upcoming Star Wars pack. Ugh

Probably this. Star Wars, futuristic? Ugh no thank you!
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Laundry Day.

This was a pack people voted on, and I voted on it, too. It wasn't most of the things I voted for, but people seemed really excited about it. Plus, some of the decor was really cute! So I bought it. And I don't have my Sims do laundry because it's annoying, and I don't use the stuff much because it doesn't go with much other stuff...

I'm going to pretend they'll work a color wheel into the game some day, and then I can make all the things go together. That'll be easier than pretending the Sims have distinct personalities.

(forgive me)
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I bought ROM, but I never play it. Although I was interested in the worlds of ROM, I'm not really interested in magic and fantasy. I know, I'm really odd. I like science, realism and rationality. If Vampires didn't have Caleb, I probably would have avoided that one too,
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Parenthood
    I periodically delete any household with children as I find them incredibly annoying so an entire pack built around them..? NO thank you! 😂
  • GardeningSimmerGardeningSimmer Posts: 41 Member
    Vampires
    I just don’t really see myself wanting vampires in my saves lol I have realm of magic and I like it, but vampires? Idk just not interested in them
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2020
    babajayne wrote: »
    I just don’t like vampires. I’m not into dark, creepy themes that glorify blood and death.
    It didn’t stop me from buying TS2 Nightlife, but giving us the option to buy them separately was the right thing to do, I think.

Omg dark creepy themes and blood and death are my favorite :p<3 seriously🩸🔪 I can’t stand sappy **** most people like. Halloween is my favorite time of year. I also only really like drama, crime or horror as movie genres. Guess that makes me the devil 😈

Post edited by Sim_Architects on
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited August 2020
    Any pack I don't use often. Which is a lot. I don't even consider most of them to be bad. I just don't use them because the theme isn't interesting to me.
    • Outdoor Retreat - I hate camping. Enough said.
    • Get Together - I only remember the clubs exist because of the panel in the UI.
    • Get To Work - I like active careers. I really do. But the ones from GTW get repetitive very fast. I recently had a sim go into the detective career, and I only went up to level 4 because doing the same tasks over and over each day got boring. Same for doing the doctor career long ago.
    • Discover University - I didn't like Sims 2 University or Sims 3 University Life, so yeah. University does not interest me.
    • StrangerVille - I actually like this one, but I don't care for the story of it.
    • Jungle Adventure - I prefer it to Outdoor Retreat, but it got repetitive and I could never unlock the locked gates/areas. No idea why and I gave up.
    • Dine Out - I don't use this one because I can't. It's glitchy. My sims will never eat their food and never stay seated. Sometimes, they never get their food.
    • Moschino Stuff - I don't think much of the stuff packs to begin with, but what is this again?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I bought ROM, but I never play it. Although I was interested in the worlds of ROM, I'm not really interested in magic and fantasy. I know, I'm really odd. I like science, realism and rationality.
    Not really, although those two things can exist in the same person. You're just not one of them.

Speaking as someone who loves Disney and crime dramas, I do understand feeling weird. But it's really not.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Parenthood
    I voted for Parenthood--I don't have kids, don't want kids, they don't interest me
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I have them all. Realm of Magic and Vampires are two packs I probably won't ever touch again as I don't play supernatural stories and I only tested them out. But I like to have all the content available and I'm sure there are things in CAS/B&B I will use from Vampires (I love the woodsy world in RoM).
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited August 2020
    I had decided not to buy Dine Out (because it just looked so boring!), but I bought it in a bundle and even though I haven't really played it yet I wouldn't say I regret buying it. I believe I'll use it and probably enjoy it too.

I also have a bit mixed feelings about Realm of Magic (I was expecting more, TS1 Makin' Magic is so good, and RoM could have had random objects popping up and growing on the lot or something other fun) and Parenthood (I haven't played it much yet, so I'm still figuring out the content of the pack and I'm a bit unsure whether I enjoy the character values), but in the end I still like both RoM and Parenthood, so yeah... there isn't a GP I wouldn't want to own :)

edit// added whys :D
    Post edited by haisin on
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have them all. I wouldn't say I love them all but I wouldn't say regret is the word I'd use either. Some of them like the Realm of Magic are almost there and I love that pack. However Magic should come at a price for using it. Magic being used should cause random buffs, affect relationships sims have. For example, my sim is an apprentice to L and L is teaching them magic. They are practising their magic and using it. They did a Mischief Magic spell now they might gain a new trait, like snob or loner or their soulmate and they have a lower romance bar. I would have liked to have had more schools of magic and if a player wanted to have their sim become a Sage of another school of magic that they discovered in their quest for arcane knowledge or become a Sage of an established school of magic have that option. Clutter like gris-gris bags and athames to put on a proper altar, altar cloths, chalices to put beside our athames, crystal balls for scrying, etc. Maybe a spellcaster becoming addicted to magic. I know that addiction is a sore topic and we don't want to have anything that might trigger anyone here. I get that but for the added storyline, it would be good to have seen. Maybe for some spellcasters losing touch with reality as they use magic more and more becoming bound more and more to the Magic Realm causing them a sadness buff or uncomfortable buff being outside the Magic Realm.

The same goes for Vampires. It's almost there but not quite. I would have liked to have the option of a vampire overcoming weaknesses. I would love to have more strengths and weaknesses added.

"Outdoor Retreat" is another one that is almost there but not quite. It needs something to make the game pop. I don't think I use anything from that pack at all in builds or in CAS. I occasionally send my sims on holiday but usually, I have more fun messing with them and going on holiday would just get in the way of that amusement.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    StrangerVille
    Nothing in that pack appeals to me. I will probably never buy Vampires either, even though I think I would like Forgotten Hollow. I just don't care about occults and supernatural stuff in The Sims 4. :)
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited August 2020
    It is hard to vote because it is hard to just pick one. Majority of them sound boring and aweful to me. I have dine out and parenthood and i dont have complains about them but i have yet to fully explore them. They seem like good packs so far although maybe could have added a little more.