Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited August 2020
    This is actually kinda making me sad. I wish it was space/alien expansion in general. That would make me so excited. But its like a catch-22.

Its still the Sims 4.

Until they rehaul personalities/traits, add a chemistry/attraction system, and add real memories I will get bored again. This is one of the biggest complaints TS4 has. Why aren't they addressing it?

Its sad because I really want to love it because TS4 has the best buildbuy, CAS, toddlers are the best they've ever been, and the gallery is just amazing. :'( Id be so in love with this game. I wish theyd stop making packs and expansions and do that first and then id naturally want all these other packs, expansions etc.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    Whatever it is, I hope those who do want a space theme pack gets a good pack and hopefully not another SV linear quest. That would ruin a space pack if it was a linear gameplay like SV. But the only thing I do wait to see is if they actually live up to their bragging about this being A First for the franchise...I sort of doubt it's going to be something amazing we were all going to say oh, wow, this is a major first...do any of us actually believe it will live up to that claim? I doubt we do. A major first for them probably won't mean the same thing we were hoping about or even care about. Think about how unrelatable I am or they are, when we were all guessing what a major first would be and I thought only thing left would probably be to add disabled Sims to the game/franchise. But here we are talking about SW....as a major first....see my idea of a major first for the franchise isn't Maxis idea of a major first.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just so you dont have to scroll back to find the pictures here they are
    0sNZSkd.png
    simspackicongp.png
    1rjXBxw.png
    DoqTGiR.png
    6k2ptn2qb8531.jpg?auto=webp&s=b602d3a163de9117315aa6fa230193b75490c4b2[img][/img]
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    I hope this pack isn't just something they are throwing out here so they can try to sell other EA games. Such as I just mentioned in a different thread how much better TS3 zombies would have been if EA had not been pushing in your face PopCap's Zombie vs Plants. Think how much better the SN EP would have been if zombies ate brains and not plants, but EA and Maxis decided oh no, we have to push Zombies vs Plants in this pack so zombies will eat plants and we will give them a free dlc peashooter....I hope this isn't the same type of marketing they are thinking of doing. Tying zombies to that game so they could sell more copies of their sub company like PopCap is the sort of thing I am expecting, now that I think about it. Bet there will be ads to buy a different EA game about SW. lol Just like there was for Z vs P.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I really want it to be space...

6wslQsz.jpg

LOOOOOVEE <3
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    It’s not a space gp as space is not the most popular destination to elope. It’s not even an option for elopement. :)

The thing is eloping or elopement , doesnt have to be intended only in a romantic sense. People could "elope" to outer space.

Really? How many people have eloped to outer space so far to make it the most popular destination?
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I really hope it isn't a Star Wars pack... Probably won't be spending my money on this pack if it's anything space-related unless it's honestly really well-made. I hate aliens in my game already and definitely don't need to have a whole neighbourhood dedicated for them.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

6wslQsz.jpg

LOOOOOVEE <3

Aw thanks :love: I made another version
    vCCc2vs.jpg
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    A force system like vampires and magic would be pretty dope tbh. Just not reskins of powers we already have pls. (force influence = suggestion, mind trick = daze etc.)

It would have to at least have lightsaber duels too.

But yeah the first time I saw the icon it's really hard to interpret as anything but space themed and given that EA owns the rights to SW games it seems like a no brainer.
    &PHgr;
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I recently saw an article speculating that it could be an underwater world. While I think that's a really cool idea, I'm not sure how the hints would add up to that. Maybe the scrolls...but the future cube? The pig statue?

Honestly I'd love a general space-themed pack, but a specific Star Wars theme would be a miss for me. I'm not really one for having real-world references in my Sims game. Just a personal preference!

I've also seen folks speculating it could be a werewolf pack, which I would love, but I'm not sure how the icon correlates. Unless it was a world with multiple moons, but I can't imagine a werewolf world looking so...futuristic?

As far as the "buildings" are concerned, underwater or space would make sense to me.
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    At this point I think I'd be a bit disappointed if it turned out to be something different. I quite like the idea of roughing it in a world inspired by Batuu. Especially if it has the feeling of openness like Selvadorada.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

6wslQsz.jpg

LOOOOOVEE <3

Aw thanks :love: I made another version
    vCCc2vs.jpg

I love this so much!!!! Now Id really like to see a space expansion!! Imagine all the cool outfits, alien foods and rocket mechanics they could add ♡♡
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I never bought Katy Perry Sweet Treats, only DLC for Sims 3 I don't own.
    IF this be Star Wars, it will be the Katy Perry of the Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Guys you do know that big mountain is my ski slope for the sims lol
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    Did anyone mention Muppets in Space yet? (Miss Piggy?)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    A space themed pack has been near the top of my list of Game Pack themes, so if it does turn out to be that, I'll be very happy. I'd be a bit surprised if it was a Star Wars Game Pack as that sort of implies Star Wars gameplay, rather than just stuff (I'd love that, but I don't see how that would fit into the rest of the game). There are all sorts of interesting things they could do with a generic space pack, rocket lots, an alien world, an active astronaut career, fleshed out aliens, moisture farming... I just hope the world is more the size of Selvadorada and Strangerville rather than Forgotten Hollow.
    This is actually kinda making me sad. I wish it was space/alien expansion in general. That would make me so excited. But its like a catch-22.

Its still the Sims 4.

Until they rehaul personalities/traits, add a chemistry/attraction system, and add real memories I will get bored again. This is one of the biggest complaints TS4 has. Why aren't they addressing it?

Its sad because I really want to love it because TS4 has the best buildbuy, CAS, toddlers are the best they've ever been, and the gallery is just amazing. :'( Id be so in love with this game. I wish theyd stop making packs and expansions and do that first and then id naturally want all these other packs, expansions etc.

I agree that a depth pack is what the game really needs, but I'd be horrified if they tried to tackle it in a Game Pack rather than an Expansion Pack. A Game Pack would not come anywhere near adding the depth to Sims that the game needs. An Expansion Pack on the other hand might get pretty close if they really focused it toward fixing and adding to the systems driving sims behaviour.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Imagine if this is that Bat Planet that people are talking about. If it has 3 suns it's going to be hot if you have Seasons so maybe they'll add lots of new water activities to the planet like pools with more new pool items like pool slides and pool waterfalls and swimmable oceans and lakes. Probably not but I can dream can't I?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Imagine if this is that Bat Planet that people are talking about. If it has 3 suns it's going to be hot if you have Seasons so maybe they'll add lots of new water activities to the planet like pools with more new pool items like pool slides and pool waterfalls and swimmable oceans and lakes. Probably not but I can dream can't I?

yes someday maybe we will get those things
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Did anyone mention Muppets in Space yet? (Miss Piggy?)

I'm gonna be honest...I'd be happy with both of these outcomes LOL!
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Another thing: Eco Lifestyle came with a rock-shaped light that many reviewers on youtube found rather weird and misplaced. It is called 'the Aether Ore' and it is placed on the ground. Aether is apparently 'an ancient material with mythological origins that fills the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere. It was used in theories to explain natural phenomena, such as the traveling of light and gravity.' The in-game description says that this: 'It was mined in space by ancient astro travelers & stored on earth.'

Now maybe this is nothing, but they've hinted at future content before in the Build Buy category (seasons calendars, etc) and it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the furniture from that pack. Curious to see if it turns out to be something!

Ljxp6ZT.png?1

I just remembered that there's a jacket in Eco Lifestyle with a Nasa-like logo on it!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    I never bought Katy Perry Sweet Treats, only DLC for Sims 3 I don't own.
    IF this be Star Wars, it will be the Katy Perry of the Sims 4.
    Nah that was Moschino Stuff Pack and Luxury Party Stuff Pack, the funky party outfit packs. :lol:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Simsie randomly deciding to do a space themed kids room without making any reference to the current speculation was iiiiiiinteresting. She also liked a tweet that they didn't understand why Sims players couldn't be excited about a SW pack.
    &PHgr;
    I hope we hear something today or this week! :persevere:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

True. I need some more speculation fuel. Or a clear answer.

True. I need some more speculation fuel. Or a clear answer.

I desperately need some happy news right about now! Please be today