Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you spend more time on males Sims or female Sims?

In CAS some players put a lot of focus onto some Sims while some players don't put much focus in at all.

Which Sims do you focus on the most?
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Do you spend more time on males Sims or female Sims? 70 votes

Male
15%
alanmichael1Simberella777Mikezumismurf45bluejjcuBabykittyjadeGemmie12APottsEnkiSchmidtbella_gothHolaheye 11 votes
Female
50%
Jderrick094AlexaiCamkatSimpatsyannIsb917fruitsbasket101taydevLadyTachunkamariajane216Strudelzztexxx78snowgirly22wrswrs2rjssimpandie00king_of_simcity7OldeseadoggeStrawberryYogurtMMXTamakiSakura84 35 votes
Both get an equal amount of time
31%
SimburianCynnacmbaker16annaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7MovottiSims4MagicalTalescalipossMantleJackalClarionOfJoybirdonawirelogionperagogoBrandontaylorlovelyskysxGlacierSnowBecka28RouensimsKimmercody6268 22 votes
Neither I tend to play either premades, born in game Sims or Sims downloaded from other players
2%
MaggieMarleySheepiling 2 votes

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Female
    I tend to spend more time on females. It is not that I won't bother with the males because I do but I have pushed myself more with creating females and where I have started to use more CC I tend to have more female hair than male hair
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    Female
    I think I am preconditioned to spend more time on female sims. The clothes, hairstyles and makeup are so much more exciting, both the ones that came with the game and DLC as well as CC. It's hard to find cool CC for male sims, in my opinion. Also, I'm a girl. That probably plays into it as well.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2020
    Usually, the sims that take a longer amount of time wear makeup and have long hair, which I like to pair with updos for certain outfits. Some of my male sims have long hair and/or wear makeup but some of my female sims have short hair and/or don’t wear makeup. Just depends on the sim. I try to keep the same number of outfits across all sims for different situations.

Aliens take the longest since nothing links between appearances and remaking outfits takes a long time.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Female
    Female sims have more options and thus I spend more time making and playing them.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think I spend slightly more time on male Sims, but I played a female Sim last night. I guess it’s pretty equal overall.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Neither I tend to play either premades, born in game Sims or Sims downloaded from other players
    I can't make sims :D I play male and female sims equally though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Male
    Male but mainly because I mostly play with males. I spend literal hours with the help of cc of course.
    If they gave males as many choices as females they would be equally as exciting to dress.

Most people when you hear male fashion think pants and shirt with a nice hair cut. Not me lol i get more creative and my males are the star of the show.

Granted, as a girl I do enjoy time dressing my girls in the cutest dresses with bows, stockings and nice shoes 😀 yes I LIVE in CAS sometimes.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Female
    In live mode, female. My favorite that I made was female and I update her a lot. I actually tend to go back and update all the ones I like, honestly. In CAS, I tend to go full control freak on everyone I make. The more important they are to my story, the more attention usually regardless of gender. When I was younger I could not stop micromanaging every aspect of every Sim I made. Still sort of like that, but I can gloss over more now.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    I create all kinds of creatures equally. Keeps my world interesting.
    Although I pretty much always play with male. The ladies are usually there to keep him company. B)
  • wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    edited July 2020
    Female
    I try to make guys, but the CC isn't on par as with females. I want more hair styles, beards, better clothes etc. Someone more on the lines of the content IMVU has for males, which by far surpasses TS4 male CC and DLC. So, I usually make females.
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    All my Sims get about 4 outfits in every category. That includes sports and sleepwear! They seem to change what they wear, if not day to day but occasionally in those categories and surprise me.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    How long it takes me to make a sim depends on how much trouble I am having creating the idea I have in my mind. Some sims just come together easily. Others are, for some reason, a challenge. I haven't noticed a correlation between this difficulty level and gender.

But I have also never timed myself, so it's self-reported, vague impression, probably biased observation. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Female
    I don't spend much time in cas, but may spend a little bit more with girls :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited July 2020
    Female
    I'm male...I tend to focus more on the opposite gender to my own :mrgreen: I'm sorry, I just can't get that enthused about male sims. :mrgreen: My wife rolls her eyes when she sees my new sims. :D "Another female sim, honey?"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I do create far more female Sims than male, thus I spend more time creating them than male. However, I mostly play my Simself. The only males I've created were redos of townies before I forced the game through MCCC to quit creating Sims and use those I've made or downloaded.
  • opalnoctemopalnoctem Posts: 16 Member
    I actually end up messing with the gender/sex settings and have sims that look like they could be either cause I like nonbinary characters, so that's who I use the most, but second to the males.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2020
    Male
    I make only male sims but I spend more time dressing female offspring than I would males. When making males, I don't spend more than a hour (over several sessions for tweaking). Most of my males take less than half an hour to make and dress.
    Over a long-term generational save, I spend more and more time in CAS each play session because I give all townies birthday makeovers.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    Honestly? I would say it is about equal. I've said it before, but I tend to make Sims based on celebrities/artists I love, and whether I play as a male or female simply depends on which person I want to be that day.

BUT. I will say, as far as 'original' Sims go, there I do tend to lean towards creating women.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • LootLoot Posts: 63 Member
    def equal for me
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited August 2020
    Female
    I think its just more like I keep changing my mind about what look i want for my female sim (+not really finding the exact thing i want)

but with male sims i have very specific likes and dislikes in clothes and hairstyles which results in me making another mister ideal that looks just like the previous mister ideal which makes creating them that much faster

well i guess most time i spend in cas is if i am trying to style premades (regardless of gender) cause i need to keep the character but make them less fashion disaster which takes some thinking beyond what i think looks cool
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StrudelzzStrudelzz Posts: 23 Member
    Female
    Recently I've been focusing on both, but my CC folder def leans towards the female sims.
    SyGRAhJ.gif
    Good for health, bad for education.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I like to play both, but my favorite sim is female. I play both because I want to set up their lives before they meet and get married!

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I make only male sims but I spend more time dressing female offspring than I would males. When making males, I don't spend more than a hour (over several sessions for tweaking). Most of my males take less than half an hour to make and dress.
    Over a long-term generational save, I spend more and more time in CAS each play session because I give all townies birthday makeovers.

You create the most handsome Male sims! <3

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Female
    I spend more time on females in CAS but I usually play males more for some reason! 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    It's about the same for me. Unfortunately, the game doesn't have as many options for male Sims.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg