Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

It could be a underwater pack, sure. I do not see it as being snowballs at all. A future winter-world might be the next realism-only-EP coming out?

I want snow-covered woods as much as the next person but that is not what I see when looking at this icon.

It looks futuristic, spacey to me. Might be underwater, who knows. That could be a lot of fun too.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    It looked fun coming up with the game pack icon so i wanted to give it a shot, since everyone is saying it could be space related i kept in that theme but outside of starwars. If it is space theme, then it could be a pack meant to give more game play for aliens or just scifi players.
    DoqTGiR.png

@BrittanyChick22 This is kind of what I would want to play. I'm not as interested in the SW theme as I am in a general alien theme like this icon so yeah I like that.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hmm...

It could be a underwater pack, sure. I do not see it as being snowballs at all. A future winter-world might be the next realism-only-EP coming out?

I want snow-covered woods as much as the next person but that is not what I see when looking at this icon.

It looks futuristic, spacey to me. Might be underwater, who knows. That could be a lot of fun too.

I think space would be easier then water
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2020
    The only problem with it being a game pack is that considering how... small the worlds are in 4, we'll probably get a really cool and unique looking space/future world except it will only have like 3 free lots...

Also, I kinda doubt it will have anything Alien related, or at least to the ones we already have, considering they need Get to Work, don't they?
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I really want it to be space...

6wslQsz.jpg
  • Options
    SimsBro wrote: »
    The only problem with it being a game pack is that considering how... small the worlds are in 4, we'll probably get a really cool and unique looking space/future world except it will only have like 3 free lots...

Also, I kinda doubt it will have anything Alien related, or at least to the ones we already have, considering they need Get to Work, don't they?

they did the same thing for vampires in sims 3 I don't see why they couldn't do it again @simsbro
  • Options
    LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    Maybe it's the Starwars pack that I have been hearing about? If yes then it's another pack I won't be buying. Not into scifi stuff.
  • Options
    LoveMyMeow wrote: »
    Maybe it's the Starwars pack that I have been hearing about? If yes then it's another pack I won't be buying. Not into scifi stuff.

it might be space but its not likely it will be star wars @LoveMyMeow
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    It looked fun coming up with the game pack icon so i wanted to give it a shot, since everyone is saying it could be space related i kept in that theme but outside of starwars. If it is space theme, then it could be a pack meant to give more game play for aliens or just scifi players.
    DoqTGiR.png

@BrittanyChick22 This is kind of what I would want to play. I'm not as interested in the SW theme as I am in a general alien theme like this icon so yeah I like that.

I wouldn't mind it, i like scifi stuff myself.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I also think, maybe because I'm hoping for it, that it's some kind of snow mountain theme. Small house down left, mountains/slopes on the right and three snowballs up left.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    cherrysim_cherrysim_ Posts: 25 Member
    I find it a bit strange that after many days full of speculations they still haven't given any other hints. Do you think this could mean we probably figured out what the game pack is by now? (I do think it's a sw/space pack btw)
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    cherrysim_ wrote: »
    I find it a bit strange that after many days full of speculations they still haven't given any other hints. Do you think this could mean we probably figured out what the game pack is by now? (I do think it's a sw/space pack btw)

Not surprising, they never comment even if it’s correct or wrong.
  • Options

@SelinaKyles They do sometimes when the speculation goes out of hand like when they denied the rumors they are working on a theme park pack, or that babies are not coming with the NK update etc. etc.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

@SelinaKyles They do sometimes when the speculation goes out of hand like when they denied the rumors they are working on a theme park pack, or that babies are not coming with the NK update etc. etc.

The baby thing was when the pack was announced. They don’t comment on anything Leaked. Like DIscover university, they waited 2 months to announce DU after It was leaked. They never said anything for the fake target leak regarding the farming pack
  • Options

The baby thing was when the pack was announced. They don’t comment on anything Leaked. Like DIscover university, they waited 2 months to announce DU after It was leaked. They never said anything for the fake target leak regarding the farming pack

Well with discover University they couldn't comment because it was true. Now as for Country Living I do believe they would have commented but the announcement of Eco Lifestyle came like 2 days afterwards to deny the rumors. But maybe you're right. The thing is this time the icon leaked from their own website so you'd expect them to make a statement. Also this thread has 35k views which is a loooot and I am pretty sure the Sims team is reading what we're typing right now.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    If Star Wars is the theme of the upcoming pack, I believe SGGeorge is probably trying really hard to think up a hint that may throw us all off. It might be about a tiny detail in a film that only die hards would get.
    Unless he’s given up because, indeed, we all guessed it and Tuesday is the announcement.
    I think we’ll get another hint though. He kinda ‘hinted’ at that after the cube, the pig and the scrolls. Maybe later or tomorrow, so we can use all Sunday to speculate. (Again :s )
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2020

Well with discover University they couldn't comment because it was true. Now as for Country Living I do believe they would have commented but the announcement of Eco Lifestyle came like 2 days afterwards to deny the rumors. But maybe you're right. The thing is this time the icon leaked from their own website so you'd expect them to make a statement. Also this thread has 35k views which is a loooot and I am pretty sure the Sims team is reading what we're typing right now.

To add to this, there's another brand involved in the speculation, which is an unusual circumstance. EA has the rights to make Star Wars games, but they still do not own the brand. That's what makes me surprised that, if the Star Wars rumors are false, no one from either Disney/Lucasfilm, EA, or Maxis has wanted to quiet the rampant speculation yet.
  • Options
    hyrulerose wrote: »

To add to this, there's another brand involved in the speculation, which is an unusual circumstance. EA has the rights to make Star Wars games, but they still do not own the brand. That's what makes me surprised that, if the Star Wars rumors are false, no one from either Disney/Lucasfilm, EA, or Maxis has wanted to quiet the rampant speculation yet.

Disney wouldn't want to stop people talking about it because they are getting free advertisement for there theme park
    that's almost the only thing people have talked about since the leak
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Bert1701 wrote: »
    Please don't be Star Wars...
    If after all the years I've played The Sims, wishing there was a Star TREK themed expansion with cool science experiments, futuristic content, a Starfleet career with multiple branches and so many really cool BB objects and they instead give me Star WARS, with glow in the dark swords and Sims in Wookiee costumes I might die a little inside.

I've always confused Star Wars and Star Trek. They're both the same to me.

...oh my god......You NEVER call SW and ST the same...LMAO!

NEVER EVER...LOL
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Just so you dont have to scroll back to find the picture here it is
    0sNZSkd.png
    simspackicongp.png
    1rjXBxw.png
    DoqTGiR.png

Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I am more interested in snow than space or futurism, but I do think it looks like a space theme. If it's an intense space theme, I probably won't be interested. I'll be willing to see what information comes out, but I'm not that interested in Star Wars. It could be a space/science theme based on some of the concepts that were previously voted on.

If it does happen to be based around Star Wars I just hope it has enough CAS/BB that's not completely niche to the theme. I wouldn't be against buying it if it had a decent amount of interchangeable items that will fit in with other households/builds. But if it's completely 100% Star Wars I would have to agree with you and say I wouldn't be interested.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I was just thinking - 'Galaxy's Edge' as a non-SW title would actually be a very cool name for a TS4 space pack. It's very mysterious. It's just a bit of a shame that its a trademarked name that's connected to another brand. That would cheapen it a bit if they'd go with this name imo. That's why I hope they go with another title if this turns out to be the Star Wars pack some players are anticipating.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dang i guess you guys are right about it being star wars again lol. It's Batuu and the 3 dots represents 3 suns insteads of moons, that the planet it orbits. Well shows over i guess? Honestly i feel kinda..meh, doesn't sims 4 already have star wars pack? I don't hate star wars but I'm not into enough to say i am a hardcore fan of the franchise. To this day i still don't know for sure what star wars really is about even though I've seen some of the movies. I just think something new and different would of been better instead getting another star wars theme pack, unless we're totally wrong. But based off what's been said in this thread, the clues about the "future", and this picture i found, it's leaning towards what we're already expecting so far. 6k2ptn2qb8531.jpg?auto=webp&s=b602d3a163de9117315aa6fa230193b75490c4b2[img][/img]
    Post edited by BrittanyChick22 on
    giphy.gif

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited August 2020
    Also of note - This month marks the 1 year anniversary of the opening of Galaxy's Edge in both California and Florida. August 29, to be exact. Which is a Saturday this year, so if that means anything (and it well may not) the pack may be dropping on either of the Tuesdays flanking that date...

Or I'm just trying to make connections that don't exist. I wound up getting no sleep last night, so I could just be tired.

Edit - I misread. Just the Florida park was August, the California park was May
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Also of note - This month marks the 1 year anniversary of the opening of Galaxy's Edge in both California and Florida. August 29, to be exact. Which is a Saturday this year, so if that means anything (and it well may not) the pack may be dropping on either of the Tuesdays flanking that date...

Or I'm just trying to make connections that don't exist. I wound up getting no sleep last night, so I could just be tired.

True! Also the Mandalorian season 2 will premier in October (you can bet there will be a big fat reference to that in the rumored SW pack) and Star Wars: Squadrons, another EA game, will also release in the same month. It just all adds up.

If it’s really the best idea to release this kind of pack at this point in the game is another question. I really enjoy Star Wars though, I love the mythology of it, so I’m excited either way.

Oh and I hope you can get some rest today!