Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you think we could use in the sims 5?

124...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Paralives instead of Sims 5.
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2020
    These ideas are just for the base game but in general I would like a calendar like sims 4 (maybe without the preset events at first, added events with packs and mainly connected to horoscopes), open neighbourhoods, color wheel (different form the sims 3 which to me most times ended up kind of tacky) and certainly most of the things that should come with the base game from the start. Keep the free patches but I don't want things that should have always been there to be done 5 years later or something. For building I would like split levels, curved walls, the thing they are doing now with the windows and doors but from the get go and to be actually able to put one window under the other.

My main change (or at least the one I thought about the most) would be personalities. I would put 4 main categories: Aspirations, general "aspects" & horoscope, traits and on/off or preferences.

Aspects & horoscopes would be kind of like in sims 2 (sloppy-neat, shy-outgoing, lazy-active, serious-playful and grouchy-nice) and whatever combination you do on that gives you a sign. I don't think much can be added to that through packs BUT I would like the aspects to change with gameplay (actions and maybe therapy) and those changes to have an effect on sims' emotions. Also extremes should be actually extremes. Horoscopes in general would affect relationships (some signs prefer/despise other signs), with the calendar your sim is born on a sign and gets the default aspects and they age up when it's the sign day/season (this is a whole other thing i thought about concerning how many signs there are and how long each life stage lasts but it would make the comment too long).

I would keep the 3 traits per sim and updates to the list with packs. Those don't change with gameplay and are more like a plus for the personality so I don't think we need many more. Now with the sims 4 it bothers me because all of the aspects (or similar) which i see as basic are traits and there are only 3 slots.

On/off, likes/dislikes, preferences or however you wanna call it would be kind of like in the sims 2&3. It would be cool to set it for young adults to elders but have the youngers develop them through memories and gameplay. Like maybe they don't like black hair because their enemy as a child had black hair, they like swimsuits because something great happened when they were wearing them, they listen so much to a certain station or eat so much of a certain dish that when they grow older those are their favourites.

Edit: also I forgot, I don't want it to be multiplayer or at least have an option to opt out of it.
  • LootLoot Posts: 63 Member
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2020
    There are a million UI, technical, CAS, and BB things on my wishlist, but instead of getting technical about what could make it possible, I think I’ll just layman’s terms it in what I want it to be able to do.

I my ideal Sims game, it would be open world, and you wouldn’t be locked to playing a single household at a time (nor would you be forced to play EVERYONE in a household if you just wanted to focus on one or two members).

And I would want it to be POSSIBLE (not mandatory or even the default! I’m a big fan of toggles and sliders for things like difficulty and free will) for you to make a bunch of complicated sims with unique personalities and individualized automation, put them in a setting, press play...

And for the game to play itself.

All previous games if you do this generally one of two things happens:

1. Nothing. They take care of themselves okay but not great and beyond that do nothing interesting. At worst maybe in a system with turn-ons/turn-offs they might flirt with someone outside their relationship. At best maybe they’re autonomously going to work eventually gets them a promotion. But overall? Nothing happens.

2. They start a fire and all die.

And that’s not what I want. I want them to be able to (if you have the game set to allow it) quit their job, get married, get a divorce, have an affair, get pregnant, make a new enemy, join a new social group, get a new job, get promoted, get expelled, ruin their social life, ruin their career, start a life of crime, etc etc etc.

I want it to be possible for sims to, on their own, live out the kind of soap opera zany tabloid adventure that I would never dream of for them. And I want what happens to be a combination of randomness and deeply based on individual personalities and circumstances, so that it matters who these sims are and the same thing is never gonna happen twice.

I want the sims to be deeply simulated, basically. I want to lean into the simulation part. I want it to run on its own if you let it. I want to be able to watch my game like a tv show and be startled by what happens next, motivated to intervene before my sims ruin everything (or to maybe egg them on), but not obligated to.

I want my sims to be ridiculously smart. Not “can keep from dying” smart, but the kind of smart that wraps back around so they make bad choices for complicated (artificially) intelligent reasons. And, yeah, maybe that kills them sometimes. But I don’t think more death is the only kind of chaos the game really needs.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer "I also want to see effort on the environment and the sims. Plainly put the cartoon-esque environment with Fisher Price trees and Little People style clay hair base sims gets really old, really quick."

OMG! I feel the exact same way! I've always thought the art style of TS4 was like a Fisher Price dollhouse and furniture! That is one of my biggest pet peeves about that game and the reason I have to have a TON of CC to get rid of it and make it look more realisic-ish!
    @QU33N31 "With that being said I think the sims 5 should incorporate with that a hair salon or a fashion design career choice where you would be able to do said things above :smile:"

Ohhh I want that too, so much! I was so disappointed that TS4 did not have any type of hair salon/fashion active career. That was my favorite thing in TS2!
    @StripedSims "More meaty packs. The sims 3 Packs were so full of things to do and the ts4 ones are very lackluster. Ex: Sims 3 Island PAradise came with houseboats, ladders, hotels, resorts, paddleboat, speedboat, snorkeling, lifeguards, mermaids, treasure, beach parties, poolside bars, and more. This list just puts sims 4 island living to shame. How are we moving ahead in time, where technology improves, and getting worse with packs."

I feel the exact same way! I am always gravitating back to TS3 when I wanna "play" and not create.

The only things I miss about TS4 when I'm in TS3 are:
    • The ability to raise/lower objects
    • The ability to freely place wall items where I want
    • The ability to enlarge/shrink objects

That's pretty sad that TS3 has basically everything else I love!