Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Motherload cheaters...How do you Play??

For those who cheat their sims into their house and give their sims lots of money....What life span do you play on?

Also, what is the primary focus of your gameplay?

Comments

• MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    I play on long life span with no aging, and let them focus on their hobbies, skills and relationships!
    I think of it like they're all trust fund babies cuz sending them to work bores me 😋
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2020
    MagicaCat wrote: »
    I play on long life span with no aging, and let them focus on their hobbies, skills and relationships!
    I think of it like they're all trust fund babies cuz sending them to work bores me 😋

Im gonna just “pretend” they do have jobs :p

• MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Maybe they're so high in the chain that they don't have to go in, they just earn the $$ 😋
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I usually use motherload when I move new sims into new houses or when I want to set up a neighbourhood business lot. They get to keep whatever is left over. I play on forever lifespan and my sims lives go through phases, sometimes they work hard, sometimes they party hard.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited August 2020
    MagicaCat wrote: »

I used to play like this too, "oops another trust fund baby." LOL

I don't actually use motherlode anymore though unless I am creating a townie. Even that though is less often now because i can move a townie into a lot from a neighbor's house for free so they usually get stuck with their originally 20,000 forever.

When I did use it, it was on long life, but I always have that on anyway.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I usually build nice houses for Sims to live in. I used to use motherlode to move them in, but now use the free realestate cheat to move in some Sims.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    Sometimes I use it for set up instead of using kaching since I have to look at the house. Though I'll normally cheat most of it away, or think of it as a down payment on the house and they work for what they want and the money just sits there. Whatever works for the moment.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I think I've only used motherlode a few times in actual gameplay. Once early on when I didn't want to wait for my family (which was outgrowing their current house) to be able to afford a new one, and another time recently because I had a bug with the veterinarian hospital that I'd set up and they weren't getting paid and I was getting frustrated.

Otherwise, the only time I use it is when building for fun and I need to have a sim on site to check routing.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I always use the money and house cheats...aside from that, my game play varies. I have one game with aging on--that's my "serious" game that revolves around a couple. The other 3 games have aging turned off, and those are purely for comedic purposes.

With the money cheat, it's nice to know that my Sims can work if they want to, but they don't have to. And before even creating a Sim, I go into build mode and customize their future house for free, so they don't have to pay for anything when they move in. In this scenario, the money cheat is really optional--they can do just fine on the $22K they start out with, since they don't have to buy anything for the house
    I always use the money and house cheats...aside from that, my game play varies. I have one game with aging on--that's my "serious" game that revolves around a couple. The other 3 games have aging turned off, and those are purely for comedic purposes.

With the money cheat, it's nice to know that my Sims can work if they want to, but they don't have to. And before even creating a Sim, I go into build mode and customize their future house for free, so they don't have to pay for anything when they move in. In this scenario, the money cheat is really optional--they can do just fine on the $22K they start out with, since they don't have to buy anything for the house

If they have everything they need at the house , why work? I still think hobbies and skills are useful even when you play with motherload, just not the grind.

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The only time I really use it is if I’m a few simoleons short on a starter home that’s just over the budget they give you when you create a new sim.

I have used it on one other occasion, for two families that were “old money” types whose fortune was handed down via inheritance.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Currently I like my sims to live in big houses with tons of roommates but I don't make them rich, just rich enough to own a nice house that fits all of them in and then I put their funds back to 0. Then I can just play from there on with careers, aspirations, relationships, etc
    Onverser wrote: »
    Currently I like my sims to live in big houses with tons of roommates but I don't make them rich, just rich enough to own a nice house that fits all of them in and then I put their funds back to 0. Then I can just play from there on with careers, aspirations, relationships, etc

Dont they get behind on bills?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    A lot of the times the Sims I play a lot have a paired house in my library and they can get ridiculously expensive depending on how long it has been around and how many pack debuts it has seen. Some of mine would take a long time to purchase even with my furiously typing motherlode over and over again. So I use the free real estate cheat to put them in their proper homes. Faster and easier.

Beyond that their finances are fine so I do not really use money cheats beyond ridiculously expensive things like businesses (kind of like the house problem) and filling the GF vault for show.

I play with aging off and focus on my story of the characters and family. I usually have an idea of how they should act and entertaining situations for them. Most recently, the saga of Vlad knitting clothes for his five daughters.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I use Motherlode as needed. I don't like when money gets in the way of what I want to do in game, so I might just throw a Motherlode in there to get around the obstacle. But I'm not a realistic player at all, that's not what I play Sims for. I keep aging off and I also colonize the worlds and switch households a lot. I also don't always give Sims jobs because jobs are mostly boring, lol. I play to find magic, make Vampire drama, explore the jungles without protection, cause mischief, or hook up Sims with a chance of unprotected woohoo (mod). I just play for the fun stuff and a little mayhem here and there. I prefer unpredictability, which is kind of hard to get in Sims 4. Sims 2 was better for that.
    #Team Occult
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Well, usually, I play the game. With a lot of money of course.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Used a few times to buy a nice bed or appliances. But with all the hobbies and even a broken garden I have not used it again.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    On my "official" save (read: my househopping save), most of my families have been given plenty of motherlode-based privileges. I play with aging turned off and just focus on advancing careers, building relationships with my other Sims, worldbuilding, etc. Also I may or may not be too attached to my Sims to age any of them up 😂
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I sometimes use motherlode to give a household adequate funds, as the starting amount is rarely enough for 3+ sims to have an ok share house.
    I usually start with 4-6 sims in one house, then split them after a few days, so they already know their neighbours, and have established friendships with the other sims I plan to play. Motherlode once between that many sims gives them a realistic average start, they're not wealthy, but they've got slightly better than just the basics.

I usually play with aging off. I have sims that I have played for years, they're still young adults, I might age them up one day. But for now, I live vicariously through their party lifestyle.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited August 2020
    i havent cheated motherlode in a while now huh *sudden realization* but usually when i cheat it i just build my sims some cool house i really wanted to make and mostly i run out of 50-100k furnishing it or from the bills anyway so i just play my sims normally then with no cheats having jobs and hobbies and family and such

+ i play aging off cause i just want to decide when my sims age up myself and the spans are always too short or too long

i do think the focus is sort of soap opera tho like i always find a way to make my sims life miserable and their relationships chaotic
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

@Sim_Architects I cheat start a household that I will release as NPC's now. (Or as barely played). I still play-test them awhile and add or detract skills, etc...
    I cheat "money" to rebuild a house that a sim already lives in to make it more interesting, then cheat away any extra and put it back to what they originally had. I "cheat" some things like traits and skills instead of grinding it when building a household from scratch, unless I actually want to play it out for real-time days. Like if I have an Adult starting with no skills whatsoever, then I usually "cheat them up a bit in skills and traits that I feel fits that sim. Once things are set up satisfactory, then no more cheats.

Starting with a 'pre-made' household with a pre-made house they already own is technically cheating. ;)
    I suppose what I do is make my own versions of 'pre-mades'.

One way to 'not cheat', but really is cheating is combining a bunch of townies with a household to get their money, then remove the townies from that household and delete them. heh!

The challenge of playing one Sim is really fun! However, with 200 or more sims on the go, I'm not interested in spending 10 years of real-time grinding every single one up. I mean people complain how long it takes for 1 sim to eat! :)

I've actually been thinking of playing a "homeless guy" that lives in a tent in Del Sol. Knock down that bar in the main district and he or she lives in the tent there. I think the minimum to buy a vacant lot is §1000. I haven't played Del Sol much yet, so I thought that would be an interesting challenge. I'd have to start the sim at YA since a teen still has to go to school. Though instead of creating a new sim, I'll probably have one that ages up from teen, given §2000, then gets kicked out of the house. :D

P.S. I usually cheat in the §2000 camera each for most played sims since I like having good photos for posterity in-game. I consider the camera attached to the sim, can't be sold just like the phone. I used to cheat in photography skill, but I don't do that anymore. It builds up really fast when taking millions of photos anyways, lol. I also vary rarely cheat up friendship relationship or romance relationship anymore unless it serves as a start for a family & friends or something. Taking photos "of" or "with" three times can usually max out friendship.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    When I cheat money or use the free real estate cheat I make my Sims pay it back. I don't use motherlode I just type money followed by how much money I want them to have. By the way isn't it motherlode not motherload?
    edited August 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Sim_Architects I cheat start a household that I will release as NPC's now. (Or as barely played). I still play-test them awhile and add or detract skills, etc...
    I cheat "money" to rebuild a house that a sim already lives in to make it more interesting, then cheat away any extra and put it back to what they originally had. I "cheat" some things like traits and skills instead of grinding it when building a household from scratch, unless I actually want to play it out for real-time days. Like if I have an Adult starting with no skills whatsoever, then I usually "cheat them up a bit in skills and traits that I feel fits that sim. Once things are set up satisfactory, then no more cheats.

Starting with a 'pre-made' household with a pre-made house they already own is technically cheating. ;)
    I suppose what I do is make my own versions of 'pre-mades'.

One way to 'not cheat', but really is cheating is combining a bunch of townies with a household to get their money, then remove the townies from that household and delete them. heh!

The challenge of playing one Sim is really fun! However, with 200 or more sims on the go, I'm not interested in spending 10 years of real-time grinding every single one up. I mean people complain how long it takes for 1 sim to eat! :)

I've actually been thinking of playing a "homeless guy" that lives in a tent in Del Sol. Knock down that bar in the main district and he or she lives in the tent there. I think the minimum to buy a vacant lot is §1000. I haven't played Del Sol much yet, so I thought that would be an interesting challenge. I'd have to start the sim at YA since a teen still has to go to school. Though instead of creating a new sim, I'll probably have one that ages up from teen, given §2000, then gets kicked out of the house. :D

P.S. I usually cheat in the §2000 camera each for most played sims since I like having good photos for posterity in-game. I consider the camera attached to the sim, can't be sold just like the phone. I used to cheat in photography skill, but I don't do that anymore. It builds up really fast when taking millions of photos anyways, lol. I also vary rarely cheat up friendship relationship or romance relationship anymore unless it serves as a start for a family & friends or something. Taking photos "of" or "with" three times can usually max out friendship.

Intersting! Would be nice if the game had a built in way for us to set a sims skill level ourselves from Create A Sim! Because while its neat to see how a sim can work from the bottom, its also good to be able to create sims who have already established themselves as an adult also. I do admit, i dont see the point of "cheating the $ away" if you're just going to give them a nicer home whenever they want though :# Im a very either/or, one way or the other kind of person though!

Personally, i want to have 1 save that i do nothing but cheat and focus on relationships and hobbies . And another where i am strictly no cheats.

I definitely dont want to only play the same old grind style of gameplay. I want to jump ahead with some families to the good life. The homeless guy starting point sounds like fun! Ive toyed with doing that myself before. Thanks for sharing :)@Admiral8Q
    Post edited by Sim_Architects on
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited August 2020
    For those who cheat their sims into their house and give their sims lots of money....What life span do you play on?

All of them from babies to elders.

Social interactions, hobbies, jobs, daily living.

All of them from babies to elders.

Social interactions, hobbies, jobs, daily living.

By what life span i meant what speed Short, normal or long ;)