Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is the game file folder for in-game photos?

I was looking at a discussion about using screenshots in the game as framed photos. I see that the camera photos taken by a sim are stored in the game files in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Screenshots. But I get the feeling that this isn't where the game accesses those camera photos. Is there a different location for them? I can delete the camera photos from the screenshot folder but they still show up in the game.

I found some discussion about Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves/scratch folder, but mine doesn't have any image files.

Can someone explain this to me?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    edited August 2020
    I can't help, sorry, but I thought this was not possible. So I now got curious. (It was possible in TS2, I think)

I made some framed motives based on in game photos (ie edited images), but I had to create a CC wall hanging in Sims4Studio. If you are just a little tech savvy and know your way around ie PhotoShop it's quite easy to make such framed pictures, you can use the same base object fore a large number of swatches (versions) to avoid flooding your Buy category.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I can't help, sorry, but I thought this was not possible. So I now got curious. (It was possible in TS2, I think)

I made some framed motives based on in game photos (ie edited images), but I had to create a CC wall hanging in Sims4Studio. If you are just a little tech savvy and know your way around ie PhotoShop it's quite easy to make such framed pictures, you can use the same base object fore a large number of swatches (versions) to avoid flooding your Buy category.

I've done this for some artwork before, I was just hoping there might be an easier way to do it.