Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Maxis will surprise us with another Stuffpack in October?

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    2020:
    August/ September: Gamepack. (Please not a reality show pack)
    October/ November: Expansion Pack. (Please not a reality show pack)

2021:
    January/ February: Game or Stuff Pack. (Please never a reality show pack)

So afraid of this especially with that spark’d crap going on.
  • lilmidget13lilmidget13 Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope it is something Halloween stuff pack. Because we haven't had much, or even like an event that we have to do through October till the end of the month that we have to complete and we get some sort of reward. Like a challenge. :smile:
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I hope it is something Halloween stuff pack. Because we haven't had much, or even like an event that we have to do through October till the end of the month that we have to complete and we get some sort of reward. Like a challenge. :smile:

@lilmidget13 There is a Halloween pack already available if you are interested and haven't noticed it yet.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    They could update it with more things to it. I haven it but.. it isn't much in it.
    > @SimmerGeorge said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @lilmidget13 There is a Halloween pack already available if you are interested and haven't noticed it yet.

I have noticed it but I was thinking more they do a challenge for October or update the pack with more stuff.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    Mareah wrote: »
    the $13 it'll cost me will go a long way over the next decade or more as I get many many years of enjoyment out of the pack like I've done with the others I have bought. WIth all the packs I have vs. hours played I've paid around 30-50cents per hour of entertainment, and if you compare that price to any other type of entertainment (movies, bowling, ice skating, restaurants, whatever), it's really really cheap.

On the other hand, if you dn't like the pack and won't use it. then yeah, it's expensive. But judging how others spend their money without knowing how much use they'll get out of the pack is completely pointless because there's no way to tell if it was worth it for them or not.
    Agree! I bought much cheaper games that i loved and enjoyed but i rarely go back and play them again after i am done while i have been playing the sims almost non stop for years. The amount of gameplay hours i get from this game is much more than any other, so i could not care less if its packs costed more than my other games because i know i am getting way more from it.

@SimAlexandria @Mareah Again people will never understand that it just doesn't work that way. The amount of hours you are going to use something for shouldn't be relevant to the price. I have bought CDs that I listened to for hunderds of hours yet I would not pay 100$ for a single CD. Or another example I bought this cheap pair of jeans that lasted me over a whole year, I grabbed them for 25$ and would have never been able to justify buying them for more than that. Once I bought a Rubic's cube and payed 10$ for it, I played around with that thing for weeks yet I would not be able to justify paying 100$ for a plastic cube. This is just not how the market works.
    The same applies to a game. You are not buying a product that was specifically made for you. It is a copy of a game that was developed and coded only once. The product you buy is a mere copy and the price you pay should reflect the effort, time, materials used on the product by the seller and not by your (no yet known) experience that you may have with the game.
    When you go to a restaurant you get a meal specifically made for you only, same applies to all the other forms of entertainment mentioned. Unlike meals, games can be copied without cost like you can copy files on your computer. So that same argument unfortunately doesn't apply.

I think we’re getting confused between two different values:

The market value: The worth of a product at an economic level. We all pay $20 for a specific kind of product in a specific country/ location at a specific moment in time: No one should have to pay more because of the general, monetary value of a product that’s on the market.

We all could argue: that the price of that product on the market is too high compared to another of the same kind produced at a similar quality and quantity, or compared to what the average consumer is able to spend at that certain time.

Personal value: the worth of a product on a personal level. We all pay $20 but to one person it feels too expensive because they didn’t use the product at any specific moment in time or simply did not enjoy it (‘could’ve spent money on something more useful’).
    To another it has become priceless because they use the product at all times: ‘And it only cost me $20!! I’m so lucky that I like this product so much because both me and the family seem to get more enjoyment out of this than we get out of anything else that’s 10 times more expensive!’

We all could argue: nothing. Personal value is personal value and in many cases monetary value becomes insignificant.

Two different things.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I hope so. Like a few others have said, I wish we got a new SP every month when we weren't getting a GP/EP (as a cheaper replacement of TS3's Store). I was actually discussing this with a friend the other day. People could dip in and out of them, and it wouldn't be too expensive for completionists. It would also keep the gameplay fresh.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    the $13 it'll cost me will go a long way over the next decade or more as I get many many years of enjoyment out of the pack like I've done with the others I have bought. WIth all the packs I have vs. hours played I've paid around 30-50cents per hour of entertainment, and if you compare that price to any other type of entertainment (movies, bowling, ice skating, restaurants, whatever), it's really really cheap.

On the other hand, if you dn't like the pack and won't use it. then yeah, it's expensive. But judging how others spend their money without knowing how much use they'll get out of the pack is completely pointless because there's no way to tell if it was worth it for them or not.
    Agree! I bought much cheaper games that i loved and enjoyed but i rarely go back and play them again after i am done while i have been playing the sims almost non stop for years. The amount of gameplay hours i get from this game is much more than any other, so i could not care less if its packs costed more than my other games because i know i am getting way more from it.

@SimAlexandria @Mareah Again people will never understand that it just doesn't work that way. The amount of hours you are going to use something for shouldn't be relevant to the price. I have bought CDs that I listened to for hunderds of hours yet I would not pay 100$ for a single CD. Or another example I bought this cheap pair of jeans that lasted me over a whole year, I grabbed them for 25$ and would have never been able to justify buying them for more than that. Once I bought a Rubic's cube and payed 10$ for it, I played around with that thing for weeks yet I would not be able to justify paying 100$ for a plastic cube. This is just not how the market works.
    The same applies to a game. You are not buying a product that was specifically made for you. It is a copy of a game that was developed and coded only once. The product you buy is a mere copy and the price you pay should reflect the effort, time, materials used on the product by the seller and not by your (no yet known) experience that you may have with the game.
    When you go to a restaurant you get a meal specifically made for you only, same applies to all the other forms of entertainment mentioned. Unlike meals, games can be copied without cost like you can copy files on your computer. So that same argument unfortunately doesn't apply.

I think we’re getting confused between two different values:

The market value: The worth of a product at an economic level. We all pay $20 for a specific kind of product in a specific country/ location at a specific moment in time: No one should have to pay more because of the general, monetary value of a product that’s on the market.

We all could argue: that the price of that product on the market is too high compared to another of the same kind produced at a similar quality and quantity, or compared to what the average consumer is able to spend at that certain time.

Personal value: the worth of a product on a personal level. We all pay $20 but to one person it feels too expensive because they didn’t use the product at any specific moment in time or simply did not enjoy it (‘could’ve spent money on something more useful’).
    To another it has become priceless because they use the product at all times: ‘And it only cost me $20!! I’m so lucky that I like this product so much because both me and the family seem to get more enjoyment out of this than we get out of anything else that’s 10 times more expensive!’

We all could argue: nothing. Personal value is personal value and in many cases monetary value becomes insignificant.

Two different things.

Yes. And this is why I think we should stop bringing up personal value when trying to objectively judge a product on its quality for price since personal value is so subjective and differs from person to person.
    I think there needs to be a line drawn between those two things.
    If the Sims 5 comes out tomorrow and it costs 120$ I might buy it because the Sims series has that personal value for me. But I also should be able to see it from a more objective point of view and say "does the product that the seller delivered reflect the price it has especially compared to similar games I have played?" without my feelings for the game taking over.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2020

You mean it doesn't work that way for you. For me it does. The amount of time I'll spend with something is 100% a HUGE factor in what I will spend on anything. Would I spend $100 on a cd? NO but that's because I don't listen to music. Would I spend it on a dvd series that I'd rewatch over and over? Yes, and I have before. For jeans, I 100% spend more on ones that will last longer. I bought a cheap pair for $40 (cheap wehre I live) and they had holes in them after 2 months, I spent more the next time and they lasted longer. I would happily spend $100 on a Rubix cube if I would get a thousand hours out of it or more like I have with the sims, but chances are I woud only use it for a week or two, so yeah $10 would be my max. Absoutely everything in my entertainment budget I look out the price compared to how much time I would spend using it. (Mind you, jeans aren't really entertainment and I only wear them when I have to for work, I wear skirts/dresses if I'm not working so rarely have more than one pair of jeans at a time, but I still spend more for something that will give me more "wears".)

Board games? books? etc. My first thought is "How often woud I replay/re-read this? How many pages is it so I know how long it'll take to read? etc. and then I look at the price and decide if it's worth the investment. When I go to an amusement park I decide "How many hours would I spend there? How much is that price per hour? " and then decide if it's worth it.

When I buy sims packs I think about it in the exact same light. I go through everything in the pack and think "Would I use any of these items on a regular basis in my game?" And if the answer is "Yes, I love that skirt. I would use it ALL the time and have a Sim wearing it for hundreds of hours of game play" then I'd buy the pack for the skirt. If I look at the pack and think "No, there's nothing in here that I would personally use longer than an hour or two to try it out" then the pack is not worth it to me.

You may do differently, you are welcome to do differently, but for me,"Worth" is how much enjoyment combined with how long I'll get that enjoyment for and the "how long" is a huge factor of it.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    I've had enough of 🌺🌺🌺🌺 Stuff Packs. We have 17 and we already got 2 this year. They need a rest.

2 stuff packs a year is absolutely nothing. If anything I wish they released a new stuff pack every month, similar to how TS3 store released at least a new store set every month.

The store was more expensive than then stuff packsfor sims 4? I dont know and im asking because I only played sims 3 base game and not for long... Sims 2 stuff packs were based on objects only.. and we had ep to had gameplay etc
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No pack in April and October

nt1ej3fpddbz.jpg
    I love how you are keeping this updated. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Simbastien wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard. That knitting stuff pack just released, at this point the game literally becoming a stuff pack simulator. Theres more stuff than actually game, I dont know what is and I'm not trying to be mean but it just seems like s4 community is obssessed with stuff packs but dont realize shoving all this stuff into the game isnt going to make the core of the game any better. We need bugs fixed, more in depth gameplay,options, not more stuff. Other than the gameplay objects, I could fine tons of free maxis match cc that could make up most of these stuff packs. Anyway, I know it's your choice to have want stuff packs, and that's okay but I do feel like theres too much focus on stuff with the community and sims team. At this point I think ea knows sp are the quick and easy make money route cause they know all they have to do is slap a 10 dollar price tag on it and everyone dives for it. I feel like that's why we havent seen a whole lot of activity going on in the game. Throw out a stuff pack and they'll shut up for a couple weeks, rinse and repeat is how their seeing this.

Well, when you look at Sims 3 they only had stuff in their stuff packs -- at least in Sims 4 you have stuff that does things, like the knitting basket that lets Sims, well, knit. Or the water slide that was in Backyard Stuff or bowling in Bowling Stuff. Stuff packs are a way to add content related to a theme, at a price that doesn't break the bank for many Simmers. Some people might have trouble justifying $40 US for an EP, and even a GP at $20 US might be a bit out of reach. But for $10 US, maybe just cut out a couple of venti lattes in a month or pack your own lunch instead of hitting the fast food joint, you can get new hairs, CAS and objects including ones that can add gameplay.

Also don't forget that stuff packs were $20 dollars in The Sims 3. Way over-priced.

i would say this..sims 3 did not offer game packs ..the sims 3 version of stuff packs was like a game pack...
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    No Perfect Patio gave hottubs. We still don't have Pool Slides and Pool Waterfalls. We're also missing Pool Bars.

I don't care for bars at all, except the Sims3 water bar and the Sims4 tiki bar. That said, I miss the pool stuff. I loved the poolbar, waterfall, and slides too.

I hope they add more, hopefully as pool things to go in a hotel pool and perhaps give us more variations of the pool floats. A small boat one that holds toddlers and infants (when they are free) and can be pulled.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Don't think it would be a surprise because that's around the time of year they release them.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard. That knitting stuff pack just released, at this point the game literally becoming a stuff pack simulator. Theres more stuff than actually game, I dont know what is and I'm not trying to be mean but it just seems like s4 community is obssessed with stuff packs but dont realize shoving all this stuff into the game isnt going to make the core of the game any better. We need bugs fixed, more in depth gameplay,options, not more stuff. Other than the gameplay objects, I could fine tons of free maxis match cc that could make up most of these stuff packs. Anyway, I know it's your choice to have want stuff packs, and that's okay but I do feel like theres too much focus on stuff with the community and sims team. At this point I think ea knows sp are the quick and easy make money route cause they know all they have to do is slap a 10 dollar price tag on it and everyone dives for it. I feel like that's why we havent seen a whole lot of activity going on in the game. Throw out a stuff pack and they'll shut up for a couple weeks, rinse and repeat is how their seeing this.

Well, when you look at Sims 3 they only had stuff in their stuff packs -- at least in Sims 4 you have stuff that does things, like the knitting basket that lets Sims, well, knit. Or the water slide that was in Backyard Stuff or bowling in Bowling Stuff. Stuff packs are a way to add content related to a theme, at a price that doesn't break the bank for many Simmers. Some people might have trouble justifying $40 US for an EP, and even a GP at $20 US might be a bit out of reach. But for $10 US, maybe just cut out a couple of venti lattes in a month or pack your own lunch instead of hitting the fast food joint, you can get new hairs, CAS and objects including ones that can add gameplay.

you think ea care about their poorer players? they are trying to get already wealthy customers so that they can keep putting their prices up while delivering very little because wealthy people will still buy it cuz they can afford it

Ya sadly businesses have to charge money for stuff.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I think the Game Pack is coming out early next month, and then hopefully an EP will drop in November/December.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    I hope so!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    After seeing the SW GP, I really hope so. I know we should be getting an EP, but a really nice SP to go along with it would be so nice as long as it is something Sims related that people want.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I feel like a winter themed pack might drop later this year, it would go will with nk. Some people thought that one was released in a weird time but i think this could be why.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like the stuff packs. The price is pretty reasonable to me. They are very optional and you can customize. I don't have an issue with stuff packs.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    2020:
    August/ September: Gamepack. (Please not a reality show pack)
    October/ November: Expansion Pack. (Please not a reality show pack)

2021:
    January/ February: Game or Stuff Pack. (Please never a reality show pack)

So afraid of this especially with that spark’d 🌺🌺🌺🌺 going on.

Please a Winter Wonderland Destination for Expansion Pack 10.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    No Perfect Patio gave hottubs. We still don't have Pool Slides and Pool Waterfalls. We're also missing Pool Bars.

I don't care for bars at all, except the Sims3 water bar and the Sims4 tiki bar. That said, I miss the pool stuff. I loved the poolbar, waterfall, and slides too.

I hope they add more, hopefully as pool things to go in a hotel pool and perhaps give us more variations of the pool floats. A small boat one that holds toddlers and infants (when they are free) and can be pulled.

Hopefully we'll get an End Of Summer Update Thursday in the Pre GP Patch and it will add pool stuff.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited August 2020
    The last 2 vacation packs were GPs so I'd assume a winter pack would fit the same mould. Since the newest pack is a GP, I'd be surprised if we got another this year.

Now if it was a snowy world you could live in, the same as we can live in Sulani, that would be a different matter and would make sense for an EP. I just think they will match like for like.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.