Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Send Stars To Support The Sims 4 Gamers Streaming Earn Income?

bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
Do you send stars to gamers who stream The Sims 4 to support the players in Facebook Level Up Program so they can earn an income?
Post edited by bootsguy on

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    No because I don't watch TS streamings on Facebook though I always give likes on TS4 videos/gameplay on YT or Facebook Sims groups :b
  • Options
    @EgonVM It's Facebook level up program to support gamers or streamers by making them earn a star which has a monetary equivalent which they can earn and receive at a minimum threshold payout once it achieve a certain minimum number of stars. In short gamers can earn money playing the game streaming it on Facebook !
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    bootsguy wrote: »
    @EgonVM It's Facebook level up program to support gamers or streamers by making them earn a star which has a monetary equivalent which they can earn and receive at a minimum threshold payout once it achieve a certain minimum number of stars. In short gamers can earn money playing the game streaming it on Facebook !

Thank you for explaining. I understand now.

Unfortunately, I haven't watched any live streams on Facebook.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    First I've heard of this -- I just recently rejoined Facebook after a long absence.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    This is new to me too. I really don't use Facebook that often.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Had no idea FB did this. I might check it out sometime when I'm bored. Thanks for the tip!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have never watched a live stream of anything on FB so never heard of this.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited August 2020
    I didn’t know about the Star giving. Thank you for clarifying how it works. It’s an Interesting concept.

I’m actually not on Facebook, nor do I watch live streams of other gamers playing a game. The only person I could be engaged with when playing The Sims 4 is myself. Call me selfish. o:)

I occasionally support modders on Patreon though, but that’s about it.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    No, I don't use Facebook to watch streams. Too much personal information out there as it is. If it's not you YT or Twitch, then I don't watch it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    nope, never watched a stream on FB, didn't even know that you could...
    and I only watch the sims 4 videos by callmekevin on YT.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Don't know about facebook but I've used twitch plenty of times and I wouldn't send money to the streamers, mainly because the ones I follow all have very successful YouTube channels and throwing money to people who are making plenty of money is just ridiculous to me.
    I get wanting to support people you like but there are so many people who genuinely need money so giving money to a successful content creator is just morally wrong to me, reminds me of the video of Ellen giving Bill Gates a check for 15 thousand dollars. I support them by watching their YouTube channels instead.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,962 Member
    1. don't have facebook
    2. for twitch etc the payment methods wouldnt work for me even if i wanted for some reason
    3. dont have money anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I never have really messed with Facebook, but I do watch one guy on YouTube and Twitch. He is more a variety streamer than a Sims one.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I do my best to stay far, far away from Facebook.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The only videos I watched on Facebook is from Viva la dirt league. never found sims streaming over there
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    @Onverser you can follow and send support stars to newbie like me...
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I avoid facebook at all costs so I would have to say no. i do support streamers through Patreon though.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Nope. It's FB and I don't trust it very much these days. It has become very toxic since COVID-19 came into our lives and is filled with outlandish conspiracy theories and misinformation. I can't get behind the idea FB will be of any benefit to those streamers, and I hope they don't get taken advantage of in the future.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It's Facebook level up program to support gamers or streamers by making them earn a star which has a monetary equivalent which they can earn and receive at a minimum threshold payout once it achieve a certain minimum number of stars. In short gamers can earn money playing the game streaming it on Facebook !

Why? What's the point?
    I don't understand why any one would do this. What do you get in return?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    It's Facebook level up program to support gamers or streamers by making them earn a star which has a monetary equivalent which they can earn and receive at a minimum threshold payout once it achieve a certain minimum number of stars. In short gamers can earn money playing the game streaming it on Facebook !

Why? What's the point?

@Movotti it is equivalent to real cash...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I left it for some security scare years ago and I can't remember my password for Facebook after several years away. I cannot be bothered to go back again. I use Twitch now.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Why? What's the point?

@Movotti it is equivalent to real cash...

With that logic above, why even donate to your fav. streamers? "what will you get in return" xD Just knowing you got to support your favs. lol! You don't get nothing but feeling good.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    You lost me at 'Facebook'...
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    To clear things up. Facebook as a similar thing with "stars" that are like cheering bits on Twitch, you buy so much for so many stars and give them to the streamer and they get the same amount as stars given <3 Hope that clears it up <3.