Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spark'd gallery needs way better moderation

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I hope this isn't going to be the only challenge -- I'd like to see some other ones like create a mixed household with different racial backgrounds, trait combinations (including opposing traits), etc. Or maybe a non-traditional family; elders taking care of the grandchildren, single parents, adoptive parents, etc.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    @TheRealTacomama, the rules didn't prohibit multiple entries. It did prohibit CC, custom poses, other people's work, etc. but not multiple entries.

I know, that's what I am saying. Part of the problem is that they allowed multiple entries. In a normal, efficient kind of thing there would only be one entry per competition.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @TheRealTacomama, the rules didn't prohibit multiple entries. It did prohibit CC, custom poses, other people's work, etc. but not multiple entries.

I know, that's what I am saying. Part of the problem is that they allowed multiple entries. In a normal, efficient kind of thing there would only be one entry per competition.

Something like this I don't mind multiple entries, so contestants can show a variety of work. For example, I had two entries: one, a slob vampire who was the girlfriend of a neat spellcaster, and the other was the single father of a teen girl engaged to the single mother of a teen boy; the two teens disliked each other while still being romantically interested in each other. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I agree. With one only entry people would have to choose among their creations and that imo would help achieve more quality. Reducing the amount of entries is also good for moderarors. Much less confusion, much less error chance... and finally it would be great for those that just wanted to vote. If one has the patience to take a bit of his/her daily free time to vote... let's say half an hour...one should end up comparing the work of dozens of simmers... but with this mess in half an hour you'ld be lucky to see ten valid entries. What about the 11th or 12th person to upload in that moment? I couldn't find them... so they may the best but i couldn't find them...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2020
    Pretty cringe how it's all the same dyed blond hair girl with dark eyes on all of them. They really can't help but copy each other to get downloads or hearts or whatever. 3 are by the same user too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    sad thing is, it looks exactly the same this time around. Half the stylist entries aren't even elders and still they have tons of likes. I still entered my build, but will probably not bother to do anything further. It's sad because it distorts everything so badly :(
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    The gallery has such a same-face problem. All of these Sims literally look identical. I could layer all of the females faces and nothing would have changed.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yeah I'm seeing a lot of "cute teens" "hot guys" and very few elders. It's ridiculous. What's the point if it gets flooded with people either not following the rules or ignoring them? Custom poses everywhere too.
  • surlybadgersurlybadger Posts: 283 Member
    I wanted to see what the Spark'd challenges were all about and when I saw what the challenge was this time around and all the submissions I noped out so quickly it wasn't funny. Like not to complain but if I wanted my builds to be buried or my sim families I would post to the regular gallery.

Worse I can't even enjoy seeing the entries of the people who actually followed the rules! What is the point? People are using it not only as another Gallery but as a way to easily get trending for downloads and faves. Like we get it you want to be noticed, so do the rest of us, lol.

Shame really, I wanted to participate in this as it seemed like a fun community idea.
    I entered a sim just to try and do my part but I knew it would get buried quick, which it did. I wasn't expecting anything different but at least I added something that was within the theme. I don't know how some of these people submitting these disqualified entries are trying to claim it was a "mistake" when they get called out in the comments. You have to tick an extra box to say you understand the rules of the competition and agree. So there is an extra step in place before it gets uploaded.
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2020
    I like that we can upload more than one entry, but I agree the moderators need to come up with a waaaayyy better way to filter the submissions and take down ones clearly breaking the rules.
    For the Sims the custom poses should be easy to blanket wipe. For the builds and stories, it might be harder to identify CC or other rule breaks. When I posted my build entry to the competition, I saw that many/most top builds didn't seem to fit the challenge at all. Oh well, I still submitted because I just enjoy the process of building for the challenge and I hope some people at least find and enjoy gameplay with my creations.

Question - does the submission allow people to upload pre-existing Sims and builds that already have a lot of likes and downloads? Or do the previous likes and downloads get removed from the submission? That'd be one good way to reduce the clutter, if all your likes and DLs were reset upon entry to the Challenge!
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited September 2020
    Why can't Maxis filter out entries with CC & mods automatically? That's all I would want to ask them. It'll save them a lot of time. It's putting off people who don't use mods, cc or other photo techniques to enhance their entries or don't use Twitter etc. to gain votes.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    I hate those kind of robotic gallery users so much. They use every hashtag in the book to boost the downloads on their sims that all look the same and their average looking builds, now it looks like they're using the challenges to boost their numbers too. Nothing more frustrating then searching for #islandliving and the search results are "family basegame home :)" it annoys me a lot.

Also, they really need to add better poses for CAS screenshots and block the CC ones. People only ever download ones with the CC poses, so if everyone had good poses for their gallery sims players would have equal opportunities.
  • mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
    They need to do something quick with this Golden Age Challenge because right now it's being abused. I don't see why they can't get some moderators in there and just remove them from the challenge. It's one click of the button that they should have access to and if not, then remove the hashtags that allow them to be in the gallery. Even people that are uploading elders are not putting what hobby they have. It's just an elder sim. How are we supposed to judge that? I'm really annoyed.
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    In this challenge one thing would be so easy: don't let anyone enter a sim that isn't an elder. That's such a basic check and half the entries would be gone! That alone would make things way better.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I've just tried putting two of my simple type creations on Stylist and Builder and got 3 new followers a couple of minutes later but there are so many entries that don't stick to the latest rules for being elders that creations slip down the page in about 10 minutes. No hope of getting more faves if that happens. I don't want to stick them on Twitter as they don't compare with the ones that SimGuruNinja reposts. I'm not worthy! :(
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Completely agree it’s so bad. I was scrolling through the sims in the gallery and so many teenagers it’s ridiculous. I did find one gem of a entry which I found so lovely. It was a adult son and his elderly mum who is a retired celebrity and has dementia. He allows her to dress in her old nice dresses and have award shows to let her relive her youth. It was a wonderful very realistic story that I think will get missed amongst all the rubbish posted on it.
  • gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Completely agree it’s so bad. I was scrolling through the sims in the gallery and so many teenagers it’s ridiculous. I did find one gem of a entry which I found so lovely. It was a adult son and his elderly mum who is a retired celebrity and has dementia. He allows her to dress in her old nice dresses and have award shows to let her relive her youth. It was a wonderful very realistic story that I think will get missed amongst all the rubbish posted on it.

OMG this gem got buried under all that trash. Please link it!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    gothbunie wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »

OMG this gem got buried under all that trash. Please link it!

It’s now the 8th most liked entry on the gallery for the stylist it’s called Laa Divaaa. I’m sure when I found it it was further down the list. She’s in a retirement home. The son is a young adult not adult. I’ve just re-found it. I’m happy it’s now getting the likes it deserves.
    I'll take a look later and give them some love. I favorited a couple the other day that I thought could use a boost because I thought they were interesting but buried under all the bogus entries. Sometimes it gets a little frustrating wading through all the "teens pregnant with triplets" and the like to find the legit and good entries.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @gothbunie, the elder with dementia and the son making her happy are by @Amuni50 because I loved that entry and faved it too. I believe it's called something Diva, but you can look under Amuni50 (which is her origin ID I believe) to find it. It really is touching and well done.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    Hello @lsnishi I wish I had done that household, but alas, I did not. It sounds like a lovely creation though - I'll have to take a look!
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited September 2020
    sorry @Amuni50, it must be an entry of @Elocine54 then! I remember both of your having extraordinary entries.

Here's the correct household with link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/951E2681EEFC11EA8056C2DBEBA66C98

Post edited by lsnishi on
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    sorry @Amuni50, it must be an entry of @Elocine54 then! I remember both of your having extraordinary entries.

I found it! It was indeed @Elocine54 :)